LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the pac-man graffiti I do have to bring up this point...cajngrl02 are you 100% positive the graffiti was there/this picture was captured on Monday (May 21)? Given the chaos of looking for Mickey, could the dates have been confused and it was actually seen/taken on Tuesday (May 22)?

I ask only because the pac-man anniversary is May 22, and this could simply be a gamers tribute to the game.

BBM.....

May 22 the anniversary of Pacman is ALL I need to know!

I agree. It is a sorta joke that only someone with knowledge of the game would get.

Strange, though, that somebody celebrating the game would paint a scenario where Pacman is about to lose.

Of course, he probably has another man.

Just letting y'all know, my fiancé is friends with some St Martin deputies. He said that the water searches yesterday were apparently done to search for cars that were sunken. Not sure how much validity this has to it, but these were water patrol deputies that said this.

Like I said earlier, I think that LE is probably trying to interview the homeless people the morning she disappeared. Well, now I think it's probably several days before and then, along her frequented paths (I know it was mentioned that many homeless people were near the abandoned hospital, for example.) Also, if you were homeless, you might want to be camping in an area where you could fish, which would be near the place the bike was found. Hope someone saw the bike dump.

For the sake of clarifying a prior discussion and eliminating speculation, I present the following graphic of the Olds 98 seen from the camera at 216 St. Landry street, timestamp unknown.

There was a lot of discussion of the blob in front of the car, and several people claimed they saw a bike and rider.

On the way home from court yesterday, I stopped by to look at the sidewalk, figuring there was likely an anomaly. Yes, there was. Forgot my camera, but have made this graphic of what I saw there. Please examine it for an explanation. Any of you who see others still saying this is a bike and rider, please help them out by pointing to this graphic :):

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/OldCar_bike_.jpg

OldCar_bike_.jpg

"Police are still looking for the driver of a pickup that was seen in the same area as Shunick just before she disappeared"
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/divers_searching_whiskey_bay_a.html

We've all scrutinized those grainy photos of the DWT until we're exasperated and many people are weary of the subject, but until the owner of that truck comes forward, it will continue to be a vital missing piece in the puzzle.

Where is the truck? Could it be underwater? Was the truck driven out of state and then resprayed or sold or abandoned or sold for scrap? Someone somewhere knows and they need to come forward to tell LE or contact a PI if they don't wish to speak directly to police because of prior felonies.

Did the driver of the truck kill himself and that's why he hasn't come forward?
Perhaps he and his truck are at the bottom of a swamp somewhere?

Until the mystery of the DWT is solved, it will continue to be a focus of much attention. I am heartened to hear that LE is talking to people on the street (literally) - there could be someone out there with no means of reading these posts, unless they go to the library and use internet - who saw first-hand what really went on during the time Mickey was taken. If you know something and you're reading this...it's time to step up and speak up! :slap:

Interesting conversation about the PacMan graffiti. My initial reaction was that it's not connected, but I spoke with my son (avid gamer) and he had interesting insight.

Here's his 2 cents: Since the"ghost" is closer to the big dot than Pacman, if Pacman continues to approach the ghost, the ghost wins. Other indicators that signify that the ghost is stronger than Pacman is that there is no squiggly mouth on the ghost. A weak ghost would have a squiggly mouth, it would also lose it's pupils (n/a since there are no pupils on this ghost). At this point in a game, Pacman would need to get the heck out of dodge to survive. But, since the wall says, 'Game Over', the message is that the ghost wins. Pacman does not advance.

The bow and location (close to BW's house) makes my son think that a possible connection to Mickey is reasonable. He changed my mind. So I thought I would share his opinion.

His take was that this could either be from the perp: saying basically, "you are getting too close to getting me, so I'm out of here". That is - the perp is leaving town. Or, it could be from Mickey insider's/ supporters taunting the perp, saying, " Game Over, we got you!"
...Opinions only...

ETA: Wall was first noticed too soon following Mickey's disappearance for any connection to be likely.

RE: My initial reaction was that it's not connected

'nolo, I thought the same thing. Actually, I asked myself, 'what have these folks been smokin'? After further thought, I remembered a presentation by Allison West; director of the Illumination project; art interpretation as a means of communicating with sexual & other abuse victims.
Many dark & shocking subliminal messages were hidden in the abuse victims artwork, which told a very tragic story to those that listened'..

http://www.illuminationsprogram.org/

Our Mission

Illuminations… artwork creating change…
about being victim… about being a victimizer.

At first sight, Illuminations is one among many organizations providing a variety of programs and programming designed to raise and deepen awareness about the victimization of children for the general public. And like other such organizations, it also provides a wide spectrum of professionals with specialized training focused on fostering and refining skills related to the field of victimization. But it is something more and something uniquely different. Illuminations is personal. It is a voice.
read more -

'after reading take the virtual tour of the art'

"Police are still looking for the driver of a pickup that was seen in the same area as Shunick just before she disappeared"

We've all scrutinized those grainy photos of the DWT until we're exasperated and many people are weary of the subject, but until the owner of that truck comes forward, it will continue to be a vital missing piece in the puzzle.

Where is the truck? Could it be underwater? Was the truck driven out of state and then resprayed or sold or abandoned or sold for scrap? Someone somewhere knows and they need to come forward to tell LE or contact a PI if they don't wish to speak directly to police because of prior felonies.

Until the mystery of the DWT is solved, it will continue to be a focus of much attention. I am heartened to hear that LE is talking to people on the street (literally) - there could be someone out there with no means of reading these posts, unless they go to the library and use internet - who saw first-hand what really went on during the time Mickey was taken. If you know something and you're reading this...it's time to step up and speak up! :slap:

What if it was simply a non-local passing through town? What even the truck is nowhere near Lafayette or even LA because the driver doesn't live anywhere near there? How would this person know to contact anyone?

At first sight, Illuminations is one among many organizations providing a variety of programs and programming designed to raise and deepen awareness about the victimization of children for the general public. And like other such organizations, it also provides a wide spectrum of professionals with specialized training focused on fostering and refining skills related to the field of victimization. But it is something more and something uniquely different. Illuminations is personal. It is a voice.
read more -

'after reading take the virtual tour of the art'

Kind of how a drawing of a tree with a hole in it indicates abuse and the lower/higher the hole is how recent it is?

I agree. It is a sorta joke that only someone with knowledge of the game would get.

Strange, though, that somebody celebrating the game would paint a scenario where Pacman is about to lose.

Of course, he probably has another man.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/go...versary-doodle/story?id=10709477#.T-NMLPU9TTo

So, the pacman graffiti was either connected with this case or is in tribute to the 30th anniversary of Pacman, which happened to be May 22nd?

I'm going to go with option B, as that makes more common sense. Sometimes the most simple explanation is the correct one.

Honestly, there are so many four door white Chevy Z71's around here, I don't think the driver has any hesitation to continue to drive his vehicle around. It is like hiding a tennis ball in a swimming pool filled with tennis balls.

Unless LE releases some detail that would make this particular truck stand out, driver and truck are safe.

Honestly, there are so many four door white Chevy Z71's around here, I don't think the driver has any hesitation to continue to drive his vehicle around. It is like hiding a tennis ball in a swimming pool filled with tennis balls.

Unless LE releases some detail that would make this particular truck stand out, driver and truck are safe.

Just wait for my cornucopia! I'm halfway done with it.

Only too true- I still check out every Z71 though. I kinda feel for the innocent guys who drive them. There's a large group of people eyeballing them hard wherever they go.:eye:

I'll go take better pics of the pacman grafitti it in awhile. I don't think it has anything to do with anything, but I'm off today and bored out of my skull. I'm going to eat at Boucaniere's and then make it on down there. ]=

I haven't checked up on this case for nearly two weeks or so and there still seems to be no progress (that we have been made aware of) since the end of May. Actual people who claim they're psychics, channelers, and people who can talk to the deceased on another forum have spewed so many of their "visions" and "messages" out there on what they have picked up and yet nothing has come to fruition. It makes me question their validness. I just find myself annoyed how it's been a month, and so many people have spent so much time dedicated to this case...looking for Mickey, helping out in anyway they can, praying, and still nothing has come out of this. :|

And then I see all these other missing person cases on this forum that have gone cold (the majority seem to have gone cold with no new information) and it makes me feel really sad. It just never ends does it? How is it that these perps are able to outsmart us all and get away with their crimes. It's maddening.

Even if the opinions of the psychics were valid, who do you think is actually taking them serious? I hope LE or the PI at least takes some of these things into account, maybe stuff that's been repeated over and over....but it's really hard to know. If someone was giving her exact location yet no one took him/her seriously, then the point is moot...

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/go...versary-doodle/story?id=10709477#.T-NMLPU9TTo

So, the pacman graffiti was either connected with this case or is in tribute to the 30th anniversary of Pacman, which happened to be May 22nd?

I'm going to go with option B, as that makes more common sense. Sometimes the most simple explanation is the correct one.

'Pacman's 30 year anniversary was May 22, 2010'..

In 1980, the game was picked up for manufacture in the United States by Bally division Midway, which changed the game's name from Puck Man to Pac-Man in an effort to avoid vandalism to the letter 'P'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man#Enemies

That's a new analogy. I think A.C.I. likened the search to trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. There's one thing I think we can all be sure of, and that is, if the driver of that particular truck was innocent and was aware of the disappearance of Mickey Shunick, then he'd come forward to clear his name. So we are left with the other possibilities that he is local and guilty, or was passing through Lafayette and is guilty...or he is totally innocent and from out of town and totally unaware of the fact that we are looking for him.
We need much more nationwide coverage of missing people IMO - it's a big country, but we are linked closely these days through internet. I believe Mickey's story is being read all over the world, so surely we can set up a better way of tracking and helping missing people here in the U.S. and taking full advantage of all the technology we have through computers and phone tracking. There has to be a way of tracking down this DWT eventually! Thinking it's time to play the violin, not for sympathy, but the same way Sherlock Holmes does while working out a case. :boohoo:

I am completely creeped out by the Pac-Man connection even though there might not be a connection. I have been a Websleuth lurker since day one for Mickey. I never commented because I didn't know how much more I could input other than what was already said. I finally have to comment on how creepy the Pac-Man theory really is. I went to wiki and typed in Pac-Man. I wanted to read more info on the history to see if I saw any details. Interesting enough, I found that Pac-Man was originally called Puck-Man. The Pink Character was called, Machibuse. Which translates to ambusher and then the alternate nickname is Micky. I remember someone mentioning the bow was put there so it would be known that it represented a female. I know this means nothing, but because of the strange posts last night, I got NO SLEEP!! Has anyone actually gone and checked out this graffati? I think I may have to just so I can pinpoint the exact location. Did someone say Congress & Parkside? Side of what building? Will Google Maps not pull up the exact location? At least we can see if it was there in 2009.

On another note, the White Truck. Do you recall the posts whenever people were trying to figure out what was in the back window? I know that is impossible to tell in a picture like that, but I saw a logo the other day in the back of a z-71 white truck. I took a picture of the truck just in case but didn't do anything with it yet.

I hope we find Mickey soon! I pray for her family every day. I know this is difficult for them.

'Pacman's 30 year anniversary was May 22, 2010'..

In 1980, the game was picked up for manufacture in the United States by Bally division Midway, which changed the game's name from Puck Man to Pac-Man in an effort to avoid vandalism to the letter 'P'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man#Enemies

Loved me some Pacman! Even had a sore thumb condition called, Pacman syndrome! I would love to get hold of one of the old arcade game machines, I would do nothing but play, lol

Didn't see this, added it to the news thread - thanks.

I wonder how the criminal mind works... I've mentioned "the rule of three" whereby a abducts from one area, disposes evidence in another, and then leaves the body in yet a third.

I wonder if in cases of where the evidence is disposed of in water, if then the natural tendency is not to leave the victim in water...

Any updates or insight on the search today at WB? Article says that there are NO new leads....but, then why?
Please let today be the day!
Prayers for Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members