AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand how you feel. I for some reason am very drawn to this case as well. Glad to hear your input.

:seeya: Hiya Jules i too am a Lurker on this case aand have difficulty keeping up, so I'm continually in catch up mode.. i want to ask if it is correct DH killed himself in the home or was it at a dead end in a clearing of land? ..i know I've read both and wanted to be certain which is correct? ..

TiA to anyone who can clarify;)

Hi Smooth! I noticed the article said he was found in his home but I also read the other so I am unsure.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You are fantastic!

Now I'll be Debbie Downer. Brittney is 19 almost 20. IF Brittney is being held against her will, she's not at a shelter. If she's in a drugged state somewhere, or has met her fate, I don't know how a fax would help.

If she's chosen not to speak to her family by her own free will, she has that right. If she is at a shelter, the shelter will respect that and they cannot make her contact her family, nor can they contact her family without her permission. If her family calls the shelter, they will not say she's there. If she seeks medical care, her privacy continues by HIPAA laws.

If and when Alabama makes her an official missing person, then she'll be entered into the system and LE can send out a BOLO or a pick up order.

I find this very frustrating.

All very true... thank you for your feedback and I understand what you are saying.

We (the organization I volunteer with) do not contact families unless the kids request us to do so - however, if we learn from a family (or LE) that they are looking for a kid we will tell the kid (if we know them) & ask them what they would like us to do. We will also keep an eye out for them when we are out looking for street kids. Some of the other kids will also tell us about "new" kids they have met and will ask us to speak with them so they can come to the shelter for medical assistance, clothes, shower, toiletries, etc... whatever they may need.

I also understand HIPAA but not every person in a hospital is bound by HIPAA such as visitors. In addition, if a person is endangered or requires medical assistance but does not have identification the staff may be able to identify them & contact the family in order to seek approval for medical emergencies.

IMO, any place that receives information about BW and discards it then at least an effort was made. Personally for me, I don't want to just throw my hands up with the idea that it won't make a difference so why bother trying.

I'm hoping I will be provided with a solution very soon so the endeavors to help BW & her family can progress while preserving TOS here.

Kids are watching a movie... shhhh...

I agree with the above, unfortunately even *I* would be hesitant to support this family financially :(

In my experiences working with foster children, birth families, therapists, social workers, GAL/Casa, et al in the past decade or so, children can and do lie about molestation. More often than not they are telling some version of the truth, but they DO lie.

I want to share that, without divulging any dialog I've had with step mom, it appears the family knows about as much as we do as to where Brittney is. Whether she is still alive, or has left us.
I feel the integrity and charges against the family are major factors as to why people are not donating resources, especially money. I really want to give to the reward fund, but as a student I do not have a steady income and therefore must use my money wisely. Do we know who is responsible for the management of this fund? Is Klaas Kids in charge of it? If not, I think it would be beneficial if they were and if this was made public that they are managing it. I really feel more reward money and resources from private donors would pour in. In the meantime, I think all concerned citizens can help by printing the missing BW fliers and putting a few around town. Many convenience stores, grocery stores, churches, etc...will allow you to post this type of information, with their permission. I am in the process now of printing some and plan to hang them around Alabama and Mississippi. Also, many mid-size towns and especially state capitals have women's shelters and domestic violence research offices. These places will likely post this information as well. Also, if there is a college campus in your town please pose here as well. Many schools have bulletin boards around school for people to put up signs. Many schools additionally have women's centers and I'm sure they would be glad to post fliers. Of course, I feel the truck stops near I 10 would be most helpful. However, I made the previous suggestions because I know not everyone lives near I 10, nor has a fax machine readily available ( but an earlier thread suggested one can fax from their computer, this is an awesome idea!). We can all still help by posting signs in our local community. For whatever reason many people feel drawn to this case and I think, if at the very least, posting fliers will generate more attention and more media coverage to this case. Please post her fliers if your Are able to. All you need is a printer, some tape and permission. Hope these suggestions help :)

Thanks that would be helpful. I had planned on calling myself before I provided the information. If they were already aware and had fliers, then there would be no need to send out fliers. I suspect that a couple of the ones on my list are already aware.

BBM ^

I'm thinking the same thing. Now that I give it more thought I think it would be very unlikely that the domestic violence shelters aren't aware of the situation. Atleast the ones in Mobile, Baldwin County, and the Pensacola area. They work so closely with the child advocacy centers, I'm sure they are aware of the arrests of the uncles. I'm still going to try to get their fax info. though. I have their email addresses already.

OneProof...is there anything you feel comfortable telling us that RSW may have said about BW that could be useful?

I really don't think so. He told me that they weren't super close and he had maybe seen her about a half dozen times over the past 1+ year he had been back in town. I think RSW lived out of state for most of BW's life. Of course, after BW went missing he was obviously upset. Perhaps they weren't close, but she was still his family.

Also, the weekend that DH committed suicide, RSW was not in the Mobile area. He was in TN for Army National Guard. He texted me that Saturday morning (02JUN) and said he was coming back early due to a tragedy in his sister's family.

I really don't think so. He told me that they weren't super close and he had maybe seen her about a half dozen times over the past 1+ year he had been back in town. I think RSW lived out of state for most of BW's life. Of course, after BW went missing he was obviously upset. Perhaps they weren't close, but she was still his family.

Also, the weekend that DH committed suicide, RSW was not in the Mobile area. He was in TN for Army National Guard. He texted me that Saturday morning (02JUN) and said he was coming back early due to a tragedy in his sister's family.

Wow thats news to me...that RSW wasnt in town. Do you know what day he left for TN and what day he came back?

Out of curiosity, did RSW text you on a regular basis? Would it be normal for him to text you random information like that, or were you planning to meet up?

I'm sure there is record with the NG that he was, in fact, there.

MOO

one90proof didn't you say RSW took you to where DH supposedly committed suicide?

Quoted from a previous post of mine:

Here's one thing. Different locations have been given for DH's suicide. RSW and I drove to the site (on 06JUN) where it happened (according to RSW). It was in a clearing (looked like it was prepped for a home to be built?) towards the end of a road, on the river. We got out and looked around for a few minutes. It had been raining for several days. There were no tracks in the red dirt.

On our way out, down the road a bit, a Sheriff's patrol car passed us. Scott asked me to turn around to see if the deputy was going to the site of the suicide. He wanted to see if there was any new information. When we got back to the site, a deputy was walking around. RSW got out of my car and approached the officer to ask if there had been any leads. I didn't get out of the car because my daughter called at that moment. Scott told me that the officer wouldn't provide any information and referred him to a dept. (I've forgotten which) at the Sheriff's Office.

Here is a link to the site. It is not far from DH's Fairhope home. http://goo.gl/maps/iFL1

"B" is near the suicide site. That's actually where the paved road stops. Google wouldn't let me move the marker any further. The site we visited is a little further down the dirt road and towards the river. The map shows a clearing with a few vehicles. If that's not "the" site then it is very close to that. It's hard to tell on the overhead map, plus there's no telling how old that photo is. It's possible we visited a different clearing that was still wooded when the satellite photo was taken.

Im personally going with DH killed himself with a small calibur pistol in his vehicle on a vacant lot not too far from his home....

Im basing this on posts from One and Zeaux, some fb posts and very little accurate reporting.

Wow thats news to me...that RSW wasnt in town. Do you know what day he left for TN and what day he came back?

I can't remember if he left that Thursday (31MAY) or Friday (01JUN). National Guardsmen are required to attend drill one weekend a month. This was a planned trip. I knew about it about a week before he left.

I'm pretty sure he came back that Saturday (02JUN) and went to the hospital in Pensacola to be with his family. I only received a couple of messages from him during that timeframe. His attention was focused on his sister and family then, for obvious reasons.

Im personally going with DH killed himself with a small calibur pistol in his vehicle on a vacant lot not too far from his home....

Im basing this on posts from One and Zeaux, some fb posts and very little accurate reporting.

That's exactly how I understand it to be. Of course all of my knowledge is from what I've been told by RSW.

I wish I had something new to contribute, but there's really been no activity in the media or news from LE.

For those that have expressed frustration over the family's lack of action, they really don't know what to do. KlassKids is still helping them, but not conducting any organized searches until there is more information. It is true that those who work have had to resume their regular work schedules. They're extremely frustrated over the lack of help from Mobile PD and also the lack of information being given to them and the delay in getting the information they do have. They have no experience with a missing child (she may be 19, but she's their child), so it's very easy to sit back from a bird's eye view and ask why aren't they doing this, why aren't they doing that?

Might I suggest instead of saying there are no comments on the facebook page, to go make some comments, get some activity going, like it, share the photos, etc. I think they're following all the tips they get that they can feasibly do. I came here to get help, and I have received invaluable help. But now that the leads have dried up, the juice is all squeezed out of the story, WS doesn't allow organized assistance to the search, I'm asking you to please reach out on your own to the family through facebook and give them some constructive guidance, tips, questions to ask LE, etc. They really don't know what to do.

Thanks again to all of you for all of the information you've given me.

I can't remember if he left that Thursday (31MAY) or Friday (01JUN). National Guardsmen are required to attend drill one weekend a month. This was a planned trip. I knew about it about a week before he left.

I'm pretty sure he came back that Saturday (02JUN) and went to the hospital in Pensacola to be with his family. I only received a couple of messages from him during that timeframe. His attention was focused on his sister and family then, for obvious reasons.

When my nephew leaves for his NG monthly drill, he leaves on Friday afternoons. However, this maybe different with different bases, I do not know.

I wish I had something new to contribute, but there's really been no activity in the media or news from LE.

For those that have expressed frustration over the family's lack of action, they really don't know what to do. KlassKids is still helping them, but not conducting any organized searches until there is more information. It is true that those who work have had to resume their regular work schedules. They're extremely frustrated over the lack of help from Mobile PD and also the lack of information being given to them and the delay in getting the information they do have. They have no experience with a missing child (she may be 19, but she's their child), so it's very easy to sit back from a bird's eye view and ask why aren't they doing this, why aren't they doing that?

Might I suggest instead of saying there are no comments on the facebook page, to go make some comments, get some activity going, like it, share the photos, etc. I think they're following all the tips they get that they can feasibly do. I came here to get help, and I have received invaluable help. But now that the leads have dried up, the juice is all squeezed out of the story, WS doesn't allow organized assistance to the search, I'm asking you to please reach out on your own to the family through facebook and give them some constructive guidance, tips, questions to ask LE, etc. They really don't know what to do.

Thanks again to all of you for all of the information you've given me.

I to have reached out to them via FB. I have added BWs flyer to my FB and asked all of my family and friends in the area to repost to their page. I also have asked my friends and family there to check with their local churches and businesses to see if they can get them to donate printed flyers. Thanks for all the info you have kept us abreast of Zeaux!!

When my nephew leaves for his NG monthly drill, he leaves on Friday afternoons. However, this maybe different with different bases, I do not know.

When I first read "NG monthly drill".... I was thinking of Nancy Grace! :crazy:

Sorry for the O/T......

And I am truly taking this case seriously! :praying:

Does anyone know if there will be events scheduled for the holiday? If so, does anyone have any ideas on how to leverage the events to get the word out? I am trying to keep in mind that money for printing fliers is not unlimited.

When I first read "NG monthly drill".... I was thinking of Nancy Grace! :crazy:

Sorry for the O/T......

And I am truly taking this case seriously! :praying:

I did the same thing. I actually yelled: Nancy Grace? What the heck?
I woke up the dog. He was not amused.
My husband slept through it. He would've been very amused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne