LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you without a doubt that he rented a car in Spring, TX on the morning of 5/31 at 9:51 am and returned it on the afternoon of 6/4. He rented the car through on insurance theft claim through his personal auto insurance. And yea, the police aware he did rent the car.

However, for those who kept saying the DWT had nothing to do with Mickey's disappearance and all the BS about physics and it being impossible for the truck to have hit Mickey, I say case closed.
We were saying that it was impossible due to physics that Mickey and/or the bike was under that truck. There's a huge difference.

Sorry I didn't mean to repeat other people. I am apparently a very slow typist.
I was one of the people who said the truck might not be involved and I stand by that at least for what we knew at the time. I usually have 3-4 revolving theories about what happened at any given time in any case. I like doing that because it feels like I am avoiding tunnel vision. White truck was one of my 3 theories for Mickey, but not the sole one. In this case, it turned out to be the truck, but for what we knew a few weeks ago it really could have been anyone. I guess that is just how I roll even if it makes me "wrong" sometimes!

I can tell you without a doubt that he rented a car in Spring, TX on the morning of 5/31 at 9:51 am. He rented the car through on insurance theft claim through his personal auto insurance ( like a good neighbor ). He returned the car on 6/4 at 4:57 pm. This hasn't been mentioned once which is surprising. This could definitely help piece together the timeline a little better. And yes, the police are aware he did rent the car.

Wow, this is an awesome find, thank-you!

I can tell you without a doubt that he rented a car in Spring, TX on the morning of 5/31 at 9:51 am. He rented the car through on insurance theft claim through his personal auto insurance ( like a good neighbor ). He returned the car on 6/4 at 4:57 pm. This hasn't been mentioned once which is surprising. This could definitely help piece together the timeline a little better. And yes, the police are aware he did rent the car.
How do you know this?

Can you tell us how you know? If not that's ok- I am going to let this stand either way.

I agree with you. There has been many contradictions in the media. Some listing the finding of the truck burned on the 14th. I saw a list somewhere of his off/on shore time, but I don't remember where now....one of the links on this or the previous thread. LE has stated he dumped and did the deed on the same day she was "taken". I think he panicked and just drove to think about what he was going to do to rid of evidence...hence the trip to TX. He quickly burned the truck in trying to destroy any evidence it contained. (Hopefully not.) Then called reporting it stolen to 1. place the blame on someone else 2. alibi and 3. recoop his loss through insurance. He even went as far as purchasing a replica truck. I think MS is someplace local....not many people would take a chance to drive that far with a deceased person in the vehicle. JMO and 2 cents.

I saw the list on the last thread I believe but it did not have a link with it so I did not tag it. If there was one with a link I missed it.

Please research your numbers. If 25% of the population were sociopaths, we'd be living the zombie apocolypse.

Humm... :fence: Maybe the population of Zombie's has a much lower rate of Sociopaths?

We know from yesterday's presser that MS was taken "somewhere between Landry & St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum. Which means she was not hit in front of the Circle K. And neither she nor her bike are pictured being hit. Case closed.

But what if........

Welcome to WS, lsutigerfan14. I won't ask how you came about this information. For now, we'll assume it's likely, though unverified. If true, it certainly does answer a key question. I thought he might have taken Greyhound, and I was wondering if the surveillance video near the Montgomery County station had been checked. He might've been spotted, but maybe not. Renting a car, on the other hand, is a dead giveaway. Pretty foolish.

OK so if he burned it on the 31st, that makes more sense to me...he had to do it, once it was on the news. But it also seems that it must not have been terribly damaged, if he had not tried to get get rid of it before then, so the reason must have had to do with evidence in the truck, since a: everyone knew he had one anyway and b: he bought another one like it.

Ref: BSL's mom saying he's adopted- if you read a few sentences past it, I think she pretty much says she said that because she knew others would & really, it hers & her family's info to tell rather than it being the left to be the subject of rumor.

She sure isn't defending him. When your own mama isn't saying you're a sweet, innocent angel, there has to be some really disturbing info about him she's privy to. She isn't buying that he was innocent in the prior RSO offense, me thinks...

That is interesting, unless it wasn't the sheriff's office that responded to the stolen vehicle call.

I thought about that to but it seems they list the complete area of the page and that until the 8th the press releases were being posted weekly.

So it made me question if they had been posted and then removed to back to that date.

I am waiting for the news to release a copy of the actual stolen truck report that would have BL's names on it.

My cousin went to school with him and she said he was "creepy." Burned down his parents home and nothing was done to him.

I agree with Nutkin. Behaviors like this had probably caused the family to distance themselves from him. Actually, behaviors like this probably led them to realize that he had already distanced himself from them.

You know what, she probably didnt mean it the way it could read. No biggie to me just thinking out loud as I read. :) Sounds to me she didn't know what to say. My heart goes out to all of the family members. All.

Cortne - I'm sorry that you felt "different" for being an adoptive child. My daughter is adopted and I cannot imagine loving her one bit more than I do. She is my world. However, she has told me that she feels different - not from anything we've done, but just because of the circumstances. She is growing into a lovely young woman but, if she had committed several violent crimes - including trying to burn down my house - it would break my heart. The fact that she is adopted would not make it hurt me any less. It would be devastating, as an adoptive parent, to realize that your child didn't really reciprocate the love you have for them.

Anyway, I just wanted to send a hug your way. I can understand how you must feel whenever someone feels the need to point out that their child is adopted. However, under these circumstances, it must have been hard speaking out to an angry community.

Welcome to WS, lsutigerfan14. I won't ask how you came about this information. For now, we'll assume it's likely, though unverified. If true, it certainly does answer a key question. I thought he might have taken Greyhound, and I was wondering if the surveillance videoe near the Montgomery County station had been checked. He might've been spotted, but maybe not. Renting a car, on the other hand, is a dead giveaway. Pretty foolish.

It also explains LE indication that they know how he got back from TX, and also might eliminate any chance of an accessory, which I do not believe anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675