LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please research your numbers. If 25% of the population were sociopaths, we'd be living the zombie apocolypse.

lol, jujube she was correcting you. you were correcting someone that said1 in 4 were sociopaths which you said this would make 96-99% of the world sociopaths. she's just corrected you saying this would only make 25% of the world sociopaths. but you were correcting the right thing saying it is really 1 in 25 that are sociopaths

I think he had to since he reported his truck stolen. The rental car clause of his insurance claim probably only covered him as the truck's owner.

I get ya. He just strikes me as one of these guys who thinks he is smarter than he is. Like thinks he can get away with vile evil deeds so he gets ten steps ahead of himself and so he ends up leaving himself twisting in the wind at the end.

lol, jujube she was correcting you. you were correcting someone that said1 in 4 were sociopaths which you said this would make 96-99% of the world sociopaths. she's just corrected you saying this would only make 25% of the world sociopaths. but you were correcting the right thing saying it is really 1 in 25 that are sociopaths

lmao

Round and round and round we go. I meant 96-99 % are not sociopaths and 1 in 25 are.
Thanks!

Please research your numbers. If 25% of the population were sociopaths, we'd be living the zombie apocolypse.

The percentages are more like 3% of the male population and 1% of females....in the general population. She may be getting confused with the %'s of the prision population....which runs around 20-25 percentile.

It would be kind of hard to defend him since he is an RSO...JMO
No way she can really go with the sweet, innocent boy thing...
I can't count how many times I've seen mamas on the TV defending their children with long rap sheets....

I hope the have taken his girlfriends car as the timeline seems to indicate he might not have had a car from the 26th until the 31st.

In the pictures of the crime scene taken at his residence, you can see an older model red Dodge Stealth parked outside his home. He has apparently owned that car for many years. I wonder if it runs?

May 26, 2012: BSL reports his truck was stolen in Montgomery County, TX.

May 31, 2012: BSL’s truck was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

May 31, 2012, 9:51 a.m.: BSL rented a car in Spring, TX, through an insurance claim on said stolen vehicle.

--------------------

Why didn't he rent the car on May 26? What did he do for transportation May 26-May 31?

I don't see what's so surprising about him renting a car after he reported his stolen, am I missing something obvious here?

I get ya. He just strikes me as one of these guys who thinks he is smarter than he is. Like thinks he can get away with vile evil deeds so he gets ten steps ahead of himself and so he ends up leaving himself twisting in the wind at the end.

I agree with you. He definitely thinks he's much smarter than he actually is.

I've been sitting here pondering what the odds are that a surveillance camera in San Jacinto Co. TX might have caught him lighting his truck on fire. Or at least caught him driving his truck to wherever he left it and set it on fire.

I wonder if he spends a lot of time in Spring. Several young women have gone missing from Spring in the past few years.

I thought the exact same thing. Seven in a very short time went missing (some deemed runaways, some found safe). It started in 2008.

Anyone know what month BSL was released by chance?

Typically insurance companies make you wait 48 hours before approving a rental on a theft claim.

Timeline in Mickey Shunick's disappearance:

May 18, 2012, 10:15 p.m.: MS and friends attended a concert at Artmosphere.

May 19, 2012, 12:44 a.m.: MS rides bike back to Ryan Street residence with BW.

May 19, 2012, 1:24 a.m.: MS seen in surveillance video at Taco Bell.

May 19, 2012, 1:31 a.m.: MS receives a call from her friend; it was the last time her phone was used.

May 19, 2012, 1:45 a.m.: MS begins to ride her bike home from BW's Ryan Street residence.

May 19, 2012, 1:47 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on Versailles Boulevard.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on St. Landry Street.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: BSL’s truck caught on camera after Mickey passed the same camera.

May 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m.: MS's family reports her missing to police.

May 20, 2012: The first search party is organized.

May 25, 2012: The video surveillance photos of MS on Versailles and the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the opposite direction MS traveled were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: The video surveillance photos of the White Truck with the bed cover on University, the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the same direction as MS, and the two pictures of the Hooptie on University and St. Landry were released to the public.

May 27, 2012: MS's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

May 31, 2012, 9:51 a.m.: BSL rented a red Chevrolet Aveo in Spring, TX, through an insurance claim on said stolen vehicle.

June 4, 2012, 4:57 p.m.: BSL returns rental car.

June 14, 2012: LPD get a tip from a concerned citizen that BSL's truck was found burned in Texas.

July 4, 2012: BSL returns from an “about the last two weeks” offshore hitch.

July 5, 2012: BSL arrested on aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder.

What date was the 'abandoned' truck reported in East Texas that supposedly belonged to an offshore worker?

What date was the 'abandoned' truck reported in East Texas that supposedly belonged to an offshore worker?
I don't recall but it's been firmly established that the truck you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with this case, just to let you know :)

Timeline in Mickey Shunick's disappearance:

May 18, 2012, 10:15 p.m.: MS and friends attended a concert at Artmosphere.

May 19, 2012, 12:44 a.m.: MS rides bike back to Ryan Street residence with BW.

May 19, 2012, 1:24 a.m.: MS seen in surveillance video at Taco Bell.

May 19, 2012, 1:31 a.m.: MS receives a call from her friend; it was the last time her phone was used.

May 19, 2012, 1:45 a.m.: MS begins to ride her bike home from BW's Ryan Street residence.

May 19, 2012, 1:47 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on Versailles Boulevard.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on St. Landry Street.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: BSL’s truck caught on camera after Mickey passed the same camera.

May 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m.: MS's family reports her missing to police.

May 20, 2012: The first search party is organized.

May 25, 2012: The video surveillance photos of MS on Versailles and the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the opposite direction MS traveled were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: The video surveillance photos of the White Truck with the bed cover on University, the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the same direction as MS, and the two pictures of the Hooptie on University and St. Landry were released to the public.

May 27, 2012: MS's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

May 31, 2012, 9:51 a.m.: BSL rented a red Chevrolet Aveo in Spring, TX, through an insurance claim on said stolen vehicle.

June 4, 2012, 4:57 p.m.: BSL returns rental car.

June 14, 2012: LPD get a tip from a concerned citizen that BSL's truck was found burned in Texas.

July 4, 2012: BSL returns from an “about the last two weeks” offshore hitch.

July 5, 2012: BSL arrested on aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder.

Should we add the time of Adams post to the timeline? As well as the fist media reports about Mickey being missing and her Bike picture released?

Here is a link to the post timestamp.
http://www.theind.com/news/10894-source-lavergne-set-fire-to-white-truck

Should we add the time of Adams post to the timeline? As well as the fist media reports about Mickey being missing and her Bike picture released?

Here is a link to the post timestamp.
http://www.theind.com/news/10894-source-lavergne-set-fire-to-white-truck
I don't know ... I thought about it but then I wondered if it was pertinent to the case. It also seems like Adam is trying to erase those posts in light of what's developed and I'm inclined to respect his privacy on that. What do you think?

I'll look for the first media reports and her bike picture.

Has anyone put together a map of other missing girls and the perp's location? I'm curious how far apart they all were; seems like a lot were in Texas? But what about in other directions?

Also, I just remembered the thread that was on here a while back (I believe the entire thread got deleted); I can't remember many details. But I do remember it involved a girl riding a bike at night, and I think they found the bike and thought it had been hit by a car? I don't think it was anywhere near here, but I can't really remember. Anyone remember?

So he rented a car in his own name. Perfect. This guy is just smart enough to fry his own arse. He sees the video about the VOI, so he takes his to Texas and lights it up. I wonder if that was before or after he put white out on his drivers license?
I wonder if LE is searching for Mickey in Texas.

I don't know ... I thought about it but then I wondered if it was pertinent to the case. It also seems like Adam is trying to erase those posts in light of what's developed and I'm inclined to respect his privacy on that. What do you think?

I'll look for the first media reports and her bike picture.

I think we should add the "Adam post time and date" to the timeline without the text. I think it is important to the timing ,of other events. And may become more important. What if she is arrested in connection with evidence and investigation problems later?

Has anyone put together a map of other missing girls and the perp's location? I'm curious how far apart they all were; seems like a lot were in Texas? But what about in other directions?

Also, I just remembered the thread that was on here a while back (I believe the entire thread got deleted); I can't remember many details. But I do remember it involved a girl riding a bike at night, and I think they found the bike and thought it had been hit by a car? I don't think it was anywhere near here, but I can't really remember. Anyone remember?

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/03/missing-texas-forty.html

I've been looking at this site, which has a map, in regards to the numerous young woman who are missing from Spring.

I hope they have taken his girlfriends car as the timeline seems to indicate he might not have had a car from the 26th until the 31st.

He reported the truck stolen on the 26th, but he didn't burn it until days later. It was pretty risky to drive around in the truck after he reported it stolen, if that's what he did, but so was renting a car.

The truck had been burned just days after police released photographs of the truck as a vehicle of interest. (Which we know was May 25th.)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8121547&postcount=262"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675