LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, there are more "guests"(140) than registered members(80) reading this thread Numbers are posted at the bottom of the page.

Joining is quick & simple & free, members have access to discussions not visible to others & if you have already signed up, you'll be all set to jump in with a question or comment when you wish.

Don't be shy... we don't bite. In fact we appreciate & welcome Websleuths new members!

I've heard rumors (disclaimer: said by someone who went to school with him, there is no MSM link) that he was himself a victim of sexually abuse as a child. Then maybe that or the bullying is where his PTSD comes from. There were many people who doubted he could have suffered PTSD from his short-lived military career, so maybe it was unrelated to his being in the military. I'm sure his medical records from the Pineville mental institution (if they exist) are sealed, but I'm guessing that will come out at some point.

The burning down of not one but two of his childhood homes---:eek:---makes me seriously wonder if he had some ongoing rage issues from childhood. Sexual abuse would make sense, if so, imo.

someone here said he rented a red car..or something? Would rental cars have gps? If they can find out where he was with the rental car..they might find mickey. Maybe he went back to make sure she wouldn't be found...and make sure he covered his tracks. No one was looking for a red car..so he might have felt safe to go back to where he left her to make sure she wouldn't be found?

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925

According to this, the truck was reported stolen tha same day the bike was found (May 26).
The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County.

I took it the same way as you described.
Was he ever a suspect in either house fire?

So both of his childhood homes mysteriously burned down. I went to google to look at past crimes in Acadia Parish, and check this out. lol

May 2, 2005 ... Welcome to the web site of the Acadia Parish Clerk of Court. ... All records of marriages, wills, land, civil, and criminal law suits and the .... The present courthouse was built because of a fire that destroyed the previous one. :what:

OOPS! IT BURNED DOWN IN 1886.

I'm shocked that the police haven't called in his family and girlfriend for questioning. I know they said they had no answers, but maybe just general character trait type stuff can help out the investigators as to where her body is maybe??

Also, does he have an adoptive father? Do you think it's possible for Cynthia and her husband or his father to convince him to fess up so the Shunicks can give her a proper burial?

I wonder if there are any fire pits near this 's house? Given his love of fire, I hope any fire pits were checked for signs of Mickey and/or her belongings.

I had been thinking he might have dumped Mickey in water, like her bike, but I'm starting to wonder if he might have set her body on fire instead. He couldn't burn the bike.

I feel sick just thinking about it.

So both of his childhood homes mysteriously burned down. I went to google to look at past crimes in Acadia Parish, and check this out. lol

May 2, 2005 ... Welcome to the web site of the Acadia Parish Clerk of Court. ... All records of marriages, wills, land, civil, and criminal law suits and the .... The present courthouse was built because of a fire that destroyed the previous one. :what:

No Way :what:

someone here said he rented a red car..or something? Would rental cars have gps? If they can find out where he was with the rental car..they might find mickey. Maybe he went back to make sure she wouldn't be found...and make sure he covered his tracks. No one was looking for a red car..so he might have felt safe to go back to where he left her to make sure she wouldn't be found?

Most cars I've rented have the option to get a gps system for extra $$$, although the car I rented in April had it built into the dashboard. Rental companies did have tracking in their cars which they'd upload after a rental to be sure the car wasn't say taken out of state or whatever. Most of the larger companies had them. Whether they still do or not, I don't know

I'm shocked that the police haven't called in his family and girlfriend for questioning. I know they said they had no answers, but maybe just general character trait type stuff can help out the investigators as to where her body is maybe??

Also, does he have an adoptive father? Do you think it's possible for Shirley and her husband or his father to convince him to fess up so the Shunicks can give her a proper burial?

Who is Shirley?!?

It is kind of sad the way Brandon's mother kind of "said; " he is my son, but hey, he's adopted, so what the heck..."

One thing she quite apparently is not, is eloquent in her communication of her thoughts on the matter.

That said, what I believe her intentions were in making those statements were basically "other people will probably bring this to light, but as his mother I feel it's my thing to do, and not for others....etc.".

Also, does he have an adoptive father? Do you think it's possible for Shirley and her husband or his father to convince him to fess up so the Shunicks can give her a proper burial?
The police have questioned the girlfriend from what I've read.

I wonder if there are any fire pits near this 's house? Given his love of fire, I hope any fire pits were checked for signs of Mickey and/or her belongings.

I had been thinking he might have dumped Mickey in water, like her bike, but I'm starting to wonder if he might have set her body on fire instead. He couldn't burn the bike.

I feel sick just thinking about it.

when you look on the coordinates of his address - the ones we were looking at yesterday that had the barn in the center of the screen but the current house not there. remember? anyway, there was what looked to be a fire type mound with ashes. not a pit, more like the remains of a bonfire. seems like his neighbors would have told the media and or police if he were burning things alot in the past or even more so if recently

The member that made that post should be able to tell us if he paid extra for a GPS or if it had one. We'll have to wait patiently and see if they can enlighten us.

when you look on the coordinates of his address - the ones we were looking at yesterday that had the barn in the center of the screen but the current house not there. remember? anyway, there was what looked to be a fire type mound with ashes. not a pit, more like the remains of a bonfire. seems like his neighbors would have told the media and or police if he were burning things alot in the past or even more so if recently

Thanks, I've missed some posts trying to keep up and take care of my kids!

I was thinking about Cesar Laurean burning Maria Lauterbach's body in his newly built fire pit. The neighbors remembered it after the fact in that case too.

I would hope this guy's neighbors would have reported something, but people are frequently oblivious to things happening right next to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675