IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make valid points I just don't understand if the girls were really at risk of being in danger why would any of the family let them out of their sight and let them go out and about?

we went through something similar with my ex SIL...she was arrested for conspiracy to manufature meth with intent to deliver & also meth precursers. she made a plea deal avoiding prison by rolling over on people. my brother filed for emergency custody of their kids, but was absolutely paranoid that somebody may harm the kids in order to keep her from testifying. he did not let them out of his sight,so I agree with you. but on the other hand when all this information came to light in the media, the entire Cook-Morrissey side of the family still insisted that their prior crimes had nothing to do with the girls going missing. So it stands to reason that if they wholeheartedly believed the nafarious characters they were associating were not involved, they certainly wouldn't suspect it before the kids disappeared. Prior to the event, Aunt Tammy may have been teaching Lyric how to get away from an attacker just knowing the company that in the past had been kept by both parents.

That is what the new article at Huffington post says. It made it very clear that the girls were heading AWAY from the lake. I wonder if they were possibly headed to where Misti works.

But look at the map.

That statement just does not make sense, as there are multiple paths that could have been taken to the lake. If that statement is based solely on the implication that the way to the lake is via the Evansdale Nature Trail, then that statement would make sense, but it is not. Heading west, they could take River Forest Road south to Gilbert and get there, as well as a few other routes.

I don't buy any theory that they were not at the lake, because the dogs tracked them away from the bikes to the shoreline and into the woods. Two different dogs. One dog, maybe a mistake, two...not so much. Moo

Whether they were traveling away from the direction of the lake at 12:15 shows only that fact. What happened after 12:15 is so far unknown, until the bikes were found unless the FBI or LE has chatter, has found physical evidence somewhere, indication of a plan of some sort, or some exchange of information, having been obtained subsequent to the 3:58 time at the lake. MOO

The thing that the dogs can't tell them is if the girls were there that day, the day before or last Tuesday.

This was verified by sarx in the last thread.

IMO, JMO, MOO

But look at the map.

That statement just does not make sense, as there are multiple paths that could have been taken to the lake. If that statement is based solely on the implication that the way to the lake is via the Evansdale Nature Trail, then that statement would make sense, but it is not. Heading west, they could take River Forest Road south to Gilbert and get there, as well as a few other routes.

Thank you. I am going to look at maps again.

IIRC, first the dogs went into the woods, then they came and went to the water.....

The forgotten road on the SE of the lake. It looks to me like Maiden Lane is actually a road that follows the shoreline of the lake and is much closer the the lake then is shown on Bing. (Google doesn't show the road at all)

Attachments

• maiden lane path side by side.jpg
    maiden lane path side by side.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 40
IIRC, first the dogs went into the woods, then they came and went to the water.....

sarx, would trained dogs of this type, asked to look for the girls' scents, follow the scent of the girls to the water if say a third person, who had recently handled the girls and/or their freshly ridden bikes went to the waters edge to wash his/her hands in the water?

TIA

There are 3 parks (Fullerton, Elk Run and Bungers) All closer to the girls' home than Meyers Lake.

The grandma and other family members said they did not know of the girls EVER going that far (Meyers Lake).

Yet, Tammy immediantly and urgently demanded to be taken to Meyers Lake to look for the girls and all of the efforts appeard to be made there.

This is just puzzling to me.
MOO MOO

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisapp...-Girl-Faces-Trial-Amid-Search--163755026.html

HUH?!?

Tammy is saying that Dan rejected the plea deal (which would have shaved time off his sentence) and risked going to trial (and facing 5 counts, each with a 45-year sentence), because he DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO JAIL RIGHT AWAY.

Now keep in mind, the day he rejected this plea deal was ONE DAY BEFORE the abduction.

Tammy says that he really wants a plea deal, but just couldn't accept one on THAT DAY because he needed to be out of jail.

Why?! Because he knew his daughter would be kidnapped the next day?!

That makes NO sense.

We don't really have confirmation of anything much :(

but when you add all these little snippets, they all add up to a big, blurry picture of those girls being at that lake that day.

Don't forget the $$$$ both local LE and FBI spent draining it. They thought they were in there.

IMO.

:moo:

So much weirdness.

I still think it seems too coincidental that out of all the parks and searching done by the family that day, the ONLY response of a sighting of the girls was from parking lot guy who saw them at 2:30 on the bike trail, and that is where the bikes turned up.

On the other hand, if a valid sighting, how creepy is it that the girls were seen at 2:30, with family arriving within 15 minutes at 2:45- with a full view of the trail- then police 15 minutes after that, and the girls turn up missing?

The bikes are not found for an hour.

Given that scenario, whatever happened could have taken place practically right under their noses.

:moo:

sarx, would trained dogs of this type, asked to look for the girls' scents, follow the scent of the girls to the water if say a third person, who had recently handled the girls and/or their freshly ridden bikes went to the waters edge to wash his/her hands in the water?

TIA
It's a possibility I suppose, but I think the answer may be more simple than that. Again, to me, with what we know, it sounds like the dogs were casting out in every direction, trying to find something and didn't. Or perhaps were picking up the residual coming off the bikes which was making a weak fan and that was about it.

Here's an article about DM:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Dad-of-missing-Iowa-girl-faces-trial-amid-search-3734795.php

"The father of one of the two missing Iowa cousins could learn Friday whether he must stand trial next week on domestic abuse or drug charges, raising the possibility that he could be sent to prison even as the search continues."

The photo of Lyric makes her look much younger than the other photo, IMO.

These poor sweet kids.

Lyric is my son's age - 10. I cannot imagine him being gone this long and not having a clue. They are mature, yet still little kids. I hope LE has been more thorough than what they appear. I hope the amp cans were tested.

There are 3 parks (Fullerton, Elk Run and Bungers) All closer to the girls' home than Meyers Lake.

The grandma and other family members said they did not know of the girls EVER going that far (Meyers Lake).

Yet, Tammy immediantly and urgently demanded to be taken to Meyers Lake to look for the girls and all of the efforts appeard to be made there.

MOO MOO

but my daughter's BF was at Bunger and was asked if he saw 2 girls on bikes...which he hadn't

didn't each dog run to the bike,respectively, then the woods, then the water???

The word "they" was used during the radio chatter, so to me that says both of them were out there running in tandem, or at least close to it. That's all I have to go off of though...

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisapp...-Girl-Faces-Trial-Amid-Search--163755026.html

HUH?!?

Tammy is saying that Dan rejected the plea deal (which would have shaved time off his sentence) and risked going to trial (and facing 5 counts, each with a 45-year sentence), because he DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO JAIL RIGHT AWAY.

Now keep in mind, the day he rejected this plea deal was ONE DAY BEFORE the abduction.

Tammy says that he really wants a plea deal, but just couldn't accept one on THAT DAY because he needed to be out of jail.

Why?! Because he knew his daughter would be kidnapped the next day?!

That makes NO sense.

Or he was going to give up some information. But that doesn't make sense, because that would be done before the plea deal.

OR MAYBE HE DID.....hence the sudden change of mind because he realized they knew and were going to do something.

MOO MOO

there is a park at Meyers Lake. you can see the tank in the background of this picture taken at Meyers Lake.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula