AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, let's clear things up a bit for everyone that is confused:

1) LE never said that Brittney was not a victim. They chose their words very carefully. They always said that the two cases, being the missing persons and the sex abuse cases, were seperate and they are, as one is being conducted by the MPD and the other by the BCSO.

2) Brittney is listed as "Involuntarily Missing" by the ABI which means that she is missing against her will. I know what the MPD has said but there must be a reason for this.

3) According to the family, Brittney's cell use was that of a typical teenage girl, meaning a large amount of texting, up to the last text that was sent from the Styx River area. The only other communication was from the Grand Bay area over an hour later. Brittney's phone has not been on since the 31st of May.

4) While Brittney's past is troublesome and riddled with poor decisions and some within her circle of family and friends range from shady to downright disgusting it is easy for someone on the outside to look at what they see in front of them and say that these people should have done this or that differently. My sister was heavily involved with a group of young people much like Brittney (drugs, alcohol, partying, mischief). While she was content to air her lifestyle out there for all the world to see, my parents chose to keep their voicing of displeasure over her actions as private as possible. They knew that my sister would, hopefully, see the light and come out of that lifestyle, which she did, and they didn't want to add to the shame she would feel once that day came. For my sister, that day did come. For Brittney, it may never come.

I read in comments some where on fb that BW had her phone service through DH & WWH. The person said that is how WWH was able to access BW's phone info. Did she need to tell him that so he could get a replacement phone through their account?

I have always read that she had a prepaid phone. This was also verified by an insider.
Comments from this family seem to be exactly that...just comments...IMO!
:phone:

DH did pick BW up at the end of CW's road on the 30th of May. That has been confirmed by LE to the family. BW was a victim of DH. That has also been confirmed. DH killed himself with BW's gun. This has been confirmed. DH & WWH were paying for BW's phone service. Confirmed.

CW said that BW left her house @ 7:30pm on May 30th. I wish we knew how long before DH picked her up. How long were they in the Styx River area before her text and if DH brought her back to Grand Bay then was she dropped off to meet a friend there? All of these are possibilities.

The law in Alabama says that children must attend school or its equivalent until they are 16, have graduated, or have a GED. Also, employers cannot hire a child in Alabama without a work permit if they are under 16. And guess what, work permits are obtained from the school. Unless Brittney failed a grade two or three times, its highly doubtful she dropped out in the eighth grade.

I have always read that she had a prepaid phone. This was also verified by an insider.
Comments from this family seem to be exactly that...just comments...IMO!
:phone:

BW had a prepaid sim card thru a service provider. This phone was a smart phone with a data plan. That is not my opinion. It has been confirmed by family and LE.

Edited post to delete comment about DH and WWH paying for BW's phone service.

BW had a prepaid sim card thru a service provider that was paid for by DH and WWH. BW had a smart phone with a data plan.

Ok...doesn't make much sense to me. IF this is the case then nothing can be said about WWH going into BW's account because the account belonged to WWH. CORRECT? No laws broken or privacy invaded if you access your own account (not that I think she did the right thing). Also there are lots of prepaid smartphones with data plans.

This whole situation is such a tangled web... I have plenty of teenage nieces & nephews but it would be a cold day before I paid for their phone service. Just sayin'

Makes me sick to think of what the kids in this entire tangled mess have been through...

Ok, let's clear things up a bit for everyone that is confused:

1) LE never said that Brittney was not a victim. They chose their words very carefully. They always said that the two cases, being the missing persons and the sex abuse cases, were seperate and they are, as one is being conducted by the MPD and the other by the BCSO.

2) Brittney is listed as "Involuntarily Missing" by the ABI which means that she is missing against her will. I know what the MPD has said but there must be a reason for this.

3) According to the family, Brittney's cell use was that of a typical teenage girl, meaning a large amount of texting, up to the last text that was sent from the Styx River area. The only other communication was from the Grand Bay area over an hour later. Brittney's phone has not been on since the 31st of May.

4) While Brittney's past is troublesome and riddled with poor decisions and some within her circle of family and friends range from shady to downright disgusting it is easy for someone on the outside to look at what they see in front of them and say that these people should have done this or that differently. My sister was heavily involved with a group of young people much like Brittney (drugs, alcohol, partying, mischief). While she was content to air her lifestyle out there for all the world to see, my parents chose to keep their voicing of displeasure over her actions as private as possible. They knew that my sister would, hopefully, see the light and come out of that lifestyle, which she did, and they didn't want to add to the shame she would feel once that day came. For my sister, that day did come. For Brittney, it may never come.
I am just surprised that a Judge didn't order BW to a rehab after the incident in the car with rolling meth lab. I have seen that happen after LE gets involved.

I think one of the reasons they are saying that her disappearance and the sex abuse case are not connected is because the investigation into sex abuse had been going on for a few months before she disappeared. It's my understanding that DH's investigation involved another close family member. (It could have involved BW also.)

I just hope LE knows more than they are saying...and are just getting all their ducks in a row before speaking. moo

Ok...doesn't make much sense to me. IF this is the case then nothing can be said about WWH going into BW's account because the account belonged to WWH. CORRECT? No laws broken or privacy invaded if you access your own account (not that I think she did the right thing). Also there are lots of prepaid smartphones with data plans.

This whole situation is such a tangled web... I have plenty of teenage nieces & nephews but it would be a cold day before I paid for their phone service. Just sayin'

Makes me sick to think of what the kids in this entire tangled mess have been through...

Well if they worked for you you would.

BW had a prepaid sim card thru a service provider that was paid for by DH and WWH. BW had a smart phone with a data plan. That is not my opinion. It has been confirmed by family and LE.
I don't remember hearing that her phone was paid for by DH and WWH.

Did she have a prepaid phone...or a prepaid sim card? I thought early on we were told she had recently put a prepaid sim card in her phone.

I remain confused about a lot of things. :waitasec:

Sadly, I don't think the family will step up in this case. Brittany has been missing for almost 2 months now...

I just hope that LE or social services has the brains to get Brittany's poor little daughter out of this situation so that at least Brittany's baby is given the opportunity to avoid the type of torture that Brittany has seemingly been exposed to her whole life. This case is so sad and so sick.

Please define "family" and "step up". There are "family" and supporters that have been "stepping up" since BW went missing. I guess it really depends on what you mean by those two words. Our definitions could be different. One thing is for sure, you can't trust everything you read and hear.

Plenty of parents pay for their child's internet service and phone service but don't have the passwords to access their phones and accounts. This could also be the case here. If it had been any other time then I would agree that it may not matter that she accessed her phone but because that phone could, potentially hold answers to an ongoing police investigation, accessing and deleting information off that phone could be seen as tampering with evidence or obstruction of justice which are illegal actions.

A verified insider told us BW was in a car with other people when stopped by police a few months before she went missing. This car was basically a rolling meth lab. I wish BW had been sent to a halfway house or rehab after this incident.

Meth, oxy, alcohol...guns...no telling what else. This poor child was in need of intervention. But I am afraid unless she received training/job skills and had moved away from those friends and some of the family members she would go right back to same habits after rehab.
moo

Hey fabvab - I checked on that because I did not remember Zeaux or One90Proof being the source of the info on the "rolling meth lab".
That info came from a new poster on June 13 who only posted 4 times.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012

Sorry everyone. I misread the message I received. BW did have a prepaid sim-card in her phone. The service was her own and not paid for by DH & WWH. The service she had prior to getting the pre-paid sim card was paid for by DH & WWH. I apologize for the confusion and have edited my statements.

Hey fabvab - I checked on that because I did not remember Zeaux or One90Proof being the source of the info on the "rolling meth lab".
That info came from a new poster on June 13 who only posted 4 times.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012
Thanks so much for checking and clarifying that Chatty! You are so right. I just went back and found that post.

I apologize for making the statement that a verified insider told us that info. I have said that several times now thinking it was Zeaux who told us. I need to start researching my supposed facts before repeating them. Sorry everyone!

Sorry everyone. I misread the message I received. BW did have a prepaid sim-card in her phone. The service was her own and not paid for by DH & WWH. The service she had prior to getting the pre-paid sim card was paid for by DH & WWH. I apologize for the confusion and have edited my statements.

If you have inside information from someone close to the case, you should see about becoming a 'verified' poster. That way you can post the more confidential information you might have. Just click on one the moderators and they'll be happy to lead you through the process.

If you have inside information from someone close to the case, you should see about becoming a 'verified' poster. That way you can post the more confidential information you might have. Just click on one the moderators and they'll be happy to lead you through the process.

As I have stated before, I don't want to become an "insider" or "verified" poster. I don't believe that I have made any statements that can't be backed up by comments made by WH & SH, LE or others on Facebook, Twitter or any of the news agency websites. Unfortunately, being as I cannot access those sites on this computer because of my firewall I cannot share links but you can feel free to follow the links in my signature to confirm anything you wish. I wouldn't post confidential things even if I knew them because I feel that those statements should be made by the family and not anyone else. The idea that DH & WWH purchased a plan for BW wasn't started by myself. I thought I was offering info that was already stated, however I was corrected and so I edited my comments and provided the factual information pertaining to that statement.

Thanks for all that information Inthedetails.
Several points clarified in the one go. I for one am grateful to you. It is so frustrating trying to be supportive to Brittney and her loved ones, which is where I see my role, when the story is in a state of confusion.

I thought there was a superb comment by UA Graduate [? I think, must get link] on one of the news articles last night basically saying: Any one of us could have found ourselves in Brittney's situation given the circumstances of birth and I thoroughly support this idea.
Many thanks!

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/woods-mother-feels-brittney-was-abused

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-2-year-old-doing-fine

She also thanked Fox10 for the report on PH, so I hope it's ok to mention it.

That's a probably a good thing. The folks in the forum tend to run off verified individuals.

Thanks for all that information Inthedetails.
Several points clarified in the one go. I for one am grateful to you. It is so frustrating trying to be supportive to Brittney and her loved ones, which is where I see my role, when the story is in a state of confusion.

I thought there was a superb comment by UA Graduate [? I think, must get link] on one of the news articles last night basically saying: Any one of us could have found ourselves in Brittney's situation given the circumstances of birth and I thoroughly support this idea.
Many thanks!

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/woods-mother-feels-brittney-was-abused

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-2-year-old-doing-fine

She also thanked Fox10 for the report on PH, so I hope it's ok to mention it.

UA Graduate has made some very good comments. I was even asked if I was that person because I am a big Bama fan and love that university but no, it isn't. I absolutely believe that our lives are influenced by the situation into which we are born. It makes us all the more grateful for what we have but should also wake us up to our responsibility to our "neighbor". I refuse to be like the man that boastfully thanked God that he was not like those who were less fortunate and instead be like the woman who gave all of what she had, though it was small, to help those around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member