IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you implying that a family member went to the Casey's closest to the lake but farthest from where they live, and not the one where Misty works, to buy ingredients to make meth, while their kids are missing, while they are being followed by press and police, and while Dan is prepping for a trial wherein he may be sentenced to prison for the rest of his life for making meth?

Also, in order to buy anything with ephedrine in it in Iowa, I believe you now have to show ID and sign your name. The stuff is kept under lock and key and its sale is monitored heavily. I'd have to believe, given the knowledge that this family has of the trade, that buying the ingredients at Casey's is not an option.

Ollipop is right...you do have to show your ID and sign for anything with ephedrine in it.

From the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

'Morrissey's mother-in-law, Wylma Cook, said Morrissey had been giving investigators information on other methamphetamine makers in recent months to shave time off his own possible sentence. "Dan 'narc-ed' on a bunch of people," Cook said, using a slang term for telling police about other drug users and dealers. "Everybody knows that." '

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/judge-delays-trial-for-1485871.html

I think you are mis-reading the posts about Lyric being a drug mule. I can't speak for everyone, but I was one who DO think it was possible. However, I don't think she KNOWINGLY did it. I think she was used, because of her age and innocence level. I was not blaming her AT ALL. I just think it's possible that someone said, "Honey, could you please run this gift down to so and so?" And she had NO idea what she was doing. It's also possible that she figured it out, since she fought with Dan a week before her disappearance about having to do a "chore" for him that she didn't want to do. She was so mad about having to do that chore, that she was planning to run away. Could that chore have been delivering drugs? Possibly. Dan doesn't have a car. I'm just saying I don't rule it out. But I would never blame Lyric.

I agree....

I Know, I know, the timeline was changed and Grandma and Auntie are saying the girls really left later than that, but I am stuck on Grandma's first version.

They changed the time that the girls left for the bike ride? Didn't they leave at 11:30 and she saw them again at 12:15-ish?

Could they be checking receipts to see if any of the employees suddenly left around the time the girls disappeared? Like someone said a few 0osts back, those receipts have cashier identifier along with the other usual info. Could be they suspect an employee from there, not Misty.

I mentioned the ID# because years back a worked a in large Department store. Every sale we made, we had to log in our employee #. I imagine now that technology is even more advanced, so they can track every sale.

Having been involved in the supply chain side of a major soft drink company, I can state that end-to-end product traceability is done, from the product ingredients to the individual batches, to where the product goes. If there were ever a question about a faulty ingredient or batch of product, this prevents the need for a mass recall which could cost billions.......HOWEVER, in the real world, a mom-and-pop store might get some soda products delivered by a delivery driver or they might purchase in bulk from some other retailer like Costco. Further, once the product hits the store, there's no guarantee they will stock the coolers or shelves in the same order the product was received in the store....

Casey's is a chain and probably gets their products from a supplier...ie Pepsi would come directly from the Pepsi Co, etc.

Descriptions and pictures of the bikes are so important when we are talking about missing children. We still don't even know exactly what the girls were wearing...when they went missing.

One of the children had a mountain bike according to Aunt TB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAMMY BROUSSEAU, AUNT OF MISSING GIRLS: That is correct. I know Dan and I know Dylan (ph) very well. Dan does not have a job right now. He is staying with his mother, Vickie (ph), in Waterloo. He doesn`t even have a car. He knew absolutely nothing about this.

When Mom -- I had met Mom at her house because we had had some plans. She had originally left. When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric, and Mom said, you know, The girls have been off and it`s been a little bit too long, but you know, you guys need to go find your kids, Tammy and I have some other things that we`re doing, and Tammy`s at the house.

So Mom came and got me. We got a phone call back from Drew (ph), Elizabeth`s father, saying, You guys need to get back here and help. So me and Mom jumped in the car, and right away we came back. Kelly -- we picked up Kelly, the 12-year-old son, and we started going to all these places that they`d already checked.

I said immediately to my mom, I said, Take me to Meyers Lake, take me to Meyers Lake. This is approximately a quarter to 2:00 when I asked -- or a quarter to 3:00 when I asked Mom to take me to Meyers Lake.
We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail.

And as you can see, it`s a small lake. It`s not a huge lake. So the bike trail wraps around and then comes back east, and that`s where the bikes were, in fact, found.

So when Misty had -- when they`d found the bikes and called us and told us, Misty was standing here with us, Misty immediately called Dan and Dan called his mother. She was at work. She took work off, and she hurried up and picked Dan and Dylan up and came down here and met us to start the search and all of that for the kids, yes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html

I guess this man is a second man who was on the trail at the time they went missing, only this one said he saw the girls... and LE has not made any note of this in their timeline or mention of it (like biker guy). Is it really a second man or are they both the same man in two different places? Is there a description anywhere of this man? MOO

Are you implying that a family member went to the Casey's closest to the lake but farthest from where they live, and not the one where Misty works, to buy ingredients to make meth, while their kids are missing, while they are being followed by press and police, and while Dan is prepping for a trial wherein he may be sentenced to prison for the rest of his life for making meth?

Also, in order to buy anything with ephedrine in it in Iowa, I believe you now have to show ID and sign your name. The stuff is kept under lock and key and its sale is monitored heavily. I'd have to believe, given the knowledge that this family has of the trade, that buying the ingredients at Casey's is not an option.

I was simply tossing out a possible scenario of why LE could possibly be requesting cash receipts. I would imagine if someone where purchasing items to make meth they would do so w/ cash so as not to be traced. With them not thinking that dates & times could be matched to cameras in the store & being recognized & ID'ed later.

I don't think common sense & logic is used much by drug addicts or their accomplices or they wouldn't have criminal records already. Perhaps the ones not already spotlighted are doing the buying. ????

MCM was arrested for obtaining ingredients in her past so it isn't to far fetch.

" 'Cook testified that she obtained pseudoephedrine pills from various people and provided them to Scott Reavis, who used them to make methamphetamine,' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...zabeth-Collins-cooperating.html#ixzz21qqYGDHS

Good thought, but the perp would know. Could be to prevent someone using it in a false confession.

Maybe the perp. would already know but he/she/they couldn't let anyone know that they knew unless it was publically revealed.

They changed the time that the girls left for the bike ride? Didn't they leave at 11:30 and she saw them again at 12:15-ish?

I am trying to find exactly when it was 'corrected' but at some point they said the 11:30 time was off, and the girls left much later than that. I have not found that link yet though. [ something about the video time stamp showed grandma she was off on her 11:30 time.]

ETA: Here is where the 11:30 time comes in. But recently it was begun to be reported that they left the house later than that.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

JVM show:july 16th, 2012

OKAY________HERE IS WHERE IT SWITCHES FOR SOME REASON:

The video also matches the police timeline. Investigators say the girls left the home to ride their bikes shortly after noon July 13. The camera's clock shows it was 12:11 p.m. when they rode by.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-io...deo-elizabeth-collins-lyric/story?id=16850676

BROUSSEAU: Absolutely. Absolutely. I feel in my heart that there are a lot of pedophiles that live in that area. Myers Lake is not a very large lake. It has the bike trail that runs around it.

When my mother and I, the grandmother who was babysitting, when my mother and I went on our search for them, and this was at about a quarter to 3 -- and keep in mind the last they were seen was at 11:30 a.m., when they told mom they were going on the bike ride. So that is the last time they were for sure seen. And now, it`s going on to -- it`s getting close to being a quarter to 3.

We stop at Meyers Lake. I said, "Mom, drive me to Meyer Lake." I had Elizabeth`s older brother who`s 12, Kelly (ph), with us. And I just jumped out and started asking random strangers, "Have you seen two little girls?" Gave them the description, the colors of the bikes, and possibly what they were wearing.

ETA2:

another reference to the 11:30 time frame:

WYLMA COOK, GRANDMOTHER (via telephone): You`re welcome.

GRACE: Ms. Cook, tell me what you saw that day, the day the girls go missing.

COOK: Well, I took her from my house -- I live in Waterloo, and her mom left for work. She rode with me to Heather`s house, my other daughter in Evansdale. And I go there every day for four or five hours, and she always goes with me. And because Heather is not well and she has four little kids. And we did a daily routine that day at, you know, in her house doing things, eating breakfast and all that stuff.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me.

And this day, they just didn`t come back. And so Kelly (ph), Elizabeth`s brother, he`s 12 -- I hopped in my car because the dad came home, and I went searching Elk Run. We were down by Meyers Lake. We drove all over every little park and Evansdale, Elk Run, every mentionable place, downtown area. And we couldn`t find nobody.

ALSO:

GRACE: Wylma, when you saw them right away that day what was your last image of them?

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away.

From the link Unscripted posted:

Cook said Morrissey had been expected to accept a plea agreement July 12, the day before the girls vanished, but decided not to do so because he was not ready to go jail. She said prosecutors had shaved his sentence from more than 45 years to 30 years and then to 10 years, with a mandatory five years behind bars, because of his cooperation.

I think we covered this part earlier, but I just don't get it. Why would someone be so desperate to delay prison. Didn't this actually mean he'd probably serve more time. Maybe a lot more time.

What would make someone willing to go to prison for 20 years instead of 5 (hypothetical numbers only), just to delay the inevitable for a few weeks or months? If that was my choice I'd be showing up early.

Where is this Scott Reavis guy these days? Is there motive for retaliation at Misty? MOO

From the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

'Morrissey's mother-in-law, Wylma Cook, said Morrissey had been giving investigators information on other methamphetamine makers in recent months to shave time off his own possible sentence. "Dan 'narc-ed' on a bunch of people," Cook said, using a slang term for telling police about other drug users and dealers. "Everybody knows that." '

:what::what::what::eek::eek::eek::thud::thud:

More info here.

"Dan 'narc-ed' on a bunch of people," Cook said, using a slang term for telling police about other drug users and dealers. "Everybody knows that."

Cook said Morrissey had been expected to accept a plea agreement July 12, the day before the girls vanished, but decided not to do so because he was not ready to go jail. She said prosecutors had shaved his sentence from more than 45 years to 30 years and then to 10 years, with a mandatory five years behind bars, because of his cooperation.

Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson said Friday that investigators were casting a wide net as they chase leads in the case. His agency is working jointly with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the FBI.

"We're not ruling anything out with regard to the investigation, to include Daniel Morrissey's criminal history, his known associates, any prior or future criminal activities," he said. "We're not ruling out any of those."

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said investigators were aware of Morrissey's plea negotiations but that she could not comment on their significance.

I know what was implied with that list of ingredients. I am just floored that every single thing SOME members of this family say and do get twisted to reflect some nefarious goings-on.

Really? So because Elizabeth was home schooled, then Lyric the drug mule was OBVIOUSLY up to no good and is the reason both girls are missing?

Deep breath.

These girls and their families are victims. Not just DC, HC and EC. Lyric is a victim too, and so are her parents.

Please, please, please let's not blame a little girl for her own disappearance. Yes. Her parents have a checkered past. Yes, she made a duck face in a picture and wore dangly earrings. But she is STILL a little girl and the suggestions about her being posed are just wrong!

Okay. I really will take a break now. Sorry. :)

This reminds me of the disappearance of Victoria Stafford. The mother was involved with drug abuse (oxycontin), so until the child was found, the focus was on the mother and her drug connections. A few months later, two people were arrested, Victoria was found deceased and there was no connection to the mother or drugs. It was simply a nasty man and his girlfriend that lured, attacked and murdered an 8 year old girl.

From the link Unscripted posted:

I think we covered this part earlier, but I just don't get it. Why would someone be so desperate to delay prison. Didn't this actually mean he'd probably serve more time. Maybe a lot more time.

What would make someone willing to go to prison for 20 years instead of 5 (hypothetical numbers only), just to delay the inevitable for a few weeks or months? If that was my choice I'd be showing up early.

The only thing I can think of is he is planning on leaving the country and needs more time to get stuff together? And no that is not my theory or even what I think is happening, I just don't know why else he'd want to postpone it.

The only thing I can think of is he is planning on leaving the country and needs more time to get stuff together? And no that is not my theory or even what I think is happening, I just don't know why else he'd want to postpone it.
Maybe needs lot's of money, (from donations??) to run from the charges he is facing.

Didn't know Elizabeth was home schooled. How did I miss that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46