LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

But honestly, do you really think he'd go to NO right after he gets out? It seems to me that he'd be going to meet up with his family in CP or Rayne, because don't you think they would've been waiting for him to come home? Of course, I understand I am looking at it from a rational point of view, and he is anything but. It just seems very far fetched to me.

But honestly, do you really think he'd go to NO right after he gets out? It seems to me that he'd be going to meet up with his family in CP or Rayne, because don't you think they would've been waiting for him to come home? Of course, I understand I am looking at it from a rational point of view, and he is anything but. It just seems very far fetched to me.

Right, me too -- although I am not totally discounting the possibility.

(In my case, it doesn't help that, to me, the sketch looks like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. :what:)

I think it was a clear view of a violent/subduing act or a scuffle.
Seems like it was this video or what they found in the house that gave them enough to charge murder one....or the DNA evidence from the bike/wb came in about the same time.

Since they had the video before the house search I think it has clear and damming evidence.

But we have heard that the video had been viewed before and LE didn't take it into their possession until the day BSL was arrested. If it contained video of something like that I think they would have taken it earlier?? Do we even know where we heard that that video had already been viewed before hand?

I believe that he will eventually be found guilty of the murder of the woman in New Orleans.

Are you referring to Jessica Hawk? If so, I agree. One of the articles stated that "DNA tests were done, but yielded no suspects." I wonder if that was because the perp just wasn't in the system, or if there was not enough DNA gathered at the scene to really process? If there is still DNA evidence available to test in that case, I sure hope they do it again now that BSL's DNA is available for a possible match! That sketch just looked so similar to him, and he broke into the house of the woman he got convicted of oral sexual assault so the m.o. is the same.

Due to BSL's 2000 conviction date it is very possible that he slipped through the cracks as to his DNA being included in CODIS. This is not something that we would see in the MS media, imo..

The primary reason for the plea agreement with Serial Killer Gary Hilton, for the rape/murder of Meredith Hope Emerson(01/04/2008), was due to an antiquated DNA Law on the books in GA which prevented sharing of his DNA to other LE agencies until conviction. He went from arrest to confession/conviction in less than 30 days.

In the spring of 2008, the Meredith Hope Emerson DNA Law was passed in the GA Legislature which corrected this tragic error..
http://onlineathens.com/stories/020908/genassembly_20080209003.shtml

I'd like to know where the prison is that he was incarcerated in. Yes, you or I may want to be with family after we got out of prison but I don't think his family bonds were really too tight, jmo. NO sounds more like a place he may want to hang out after being "caged in" for 8 years? Just a thought...and as Foxfire posted, the crime rate is high in NO. It just nags at me though...

(In my case, it doesn't help that, to me, the sketch looks like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. :what:)

Oh sweet mother of pearl! You're right! It looks much more like Sheldon than it does BSL. Now, I don't totally discount it either, but I'm pretty sure he didn't kill every woman found deceased from here to Texas from the moment he left his cell to the time he was put into his present one.

There will be a candlelight vigil for Keiosha Felix at 6pm on Sunday, July 29, at the park in Duson off of 4th Street. Let's show our support for her family and friends by spreading the word to bring Keiosha home.

Keiosha has been missing since April 30, 2012. If you have any information on her whereabouts please call the Duson Police Department at 337-873-6736

* or Averlock Investigations at 337-944-4222.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/findmickeynow

Yep...the first thing I thought was "that looks like Sheldon".

Someone told me this AM that this is the second rape offense for this guy in Opelousas. I haven't had time to check it out.

Wouldn't be surprised. The St. Landry Parish DA is an *advertiser censored* and he has wrist slapped so many offenders who really should have been placed BENEATH the jail. St. Landry Parish LE hate him because he lets them go as fast as they can bring them in. It's a revolving door. Most can't wait until he's out of there!

'From my experience a newly released prisoner is craving a Big Mac or a Taco Bell Fajita'...

Just a little 'out of the take out box thinking'...LMSAO

Wouldn't be surprised. The St. Landry Parish DA is an *advertiser censored* and he has wrist slapped so many offenders who really should have been placed BENEATH the jail. St. Landry Parish LE hate him because he lets them go as fast as they can bring them in. It's a revolving door. Most can't wait until he's out of there!

'I think the initials DA speaks volumes in most cases'..LOL 'But what do I know'...

OK! I have a question!
I don't wan't to beat a dead horse...
I remember talking Taco bell into the ground... as to why she went there to eat and I always meant to ask.

Does anyone know if she was a Vegan? Vegetarian?

It has been hinted that she was a Vegan. I have no actual proof of this. As a Vegan I will eat at Taco Bell if starving and ask for cheese to be taken off of my food. They are happy to do this for me.

I thought there was some question as to whether bs L was locked up until his release date. Work release? Could he have scoped Hawk out earlier and planned to visit her once he was released?

I thought there was some question as to whether bs L was locked up until his release date. Work release? Could he have scoped Hawk out earlier and planned to visit her once he was released?

I don't know, but I think we are making way too many assumptions and even though anything is possible, very little of it is probable. Just my opinion though.

If I had a knife (or any sharp instrument) in my hand and someone was on top of me aassaulting me, I would pull my arm (with the knife) out as far as I could and plunge it into them as hard as I could. (With the knife) And as many times as I could. (with the knife)
I know it sounds gruesome, but I do believe I would do whatever it took and for how ever long it took, especially if I felt my life was in danger. I would fight to the finish. I would never give up until I couldn't. I'll bet most of you are the same.

Oh, I would do exactly what our girl did.

A.C.I., do you have a list of the vehicles that BSL has owned in the last 15 years or so? If you can share, of course..

Here's the list. This is everything that's ever been in his name. I had to remove all the private information of course (plates, vins, social etc)

Description: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 6/13/2012

Description: 1991 Dodge Stealth - Hatchback 2 Door
Registration Date: 1/6/2012

Description: White 2011 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 10/28/2011

Description: 1999 Mitsubishi Galant - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/22/2011

Description: 2005 GMC Sierra - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Registration Date: 12/17/09

Description: White 2009 Suzuki Equator - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Title Issue Date: 5/28/2009

Description: Silver 2008 GMC Sierra - Crew Pickup
Title Issue Date: 10/31/2008

Description: White 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 4 Dr Wagon Sport Utility
Registration Date: 3/28/2011

Description: 1992 Honda Accord - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/12/2008

Description: Red 1989 Ford Mustang - Hatchback 2 Door
Title Issue Date: 8/19/2003

I agree. Look up the murder of caryn beth capps and it will completely change your faith in jurors needing evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to convict. It's better to acquit ten guilty people than convict one innocent person.

Thanks twiggy, interesting case! I got caught up in a You Tube of it. It's a miracle that they were even able to make a case like that.

'From my experience a newly released prisoner is craving a Big Mac or a Taco Bell Fajita'...

Just a little 'out of the take out box thinking'...LMSAO

Firefox, you are cracking me up today! (Which is good because you usually scare me a little bit with all your SK knowledge! :escape:) I admit I look forward to you sharing your knowledge but sometimes it gets to me and I find myself wanting an anti-anxiety med! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen