IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe thanks to Nvgirl they already checked this guy out. Sounds like it. If he is living at the campground close by and posting ads like this - they probably thought it was worth checking out.

Oh shoot, sorry, I caught that The Spanking Trucker wasn't the same guy as The Camping Creeple, but I didn't realize The Admiring Stalker wasn't.
I am trying to catch up on this thread. I clicked on this link...but am afraid to look at the individual ads...wasn't sure I wanted that information on my computer history! :what:

I would send them ALL, just to be safe. Like Jules said, maybe he really hasn't talked to the FBI and just said that. Nobody has found an FBI email address though. Maybe call the tip line and ask if there is an email address?

You can but i wouldnt. They would be foolish to put stuff on CL after the fact that they are missing. And there are just freaks out there. And i noticed if they put they will host, i didnt even know what that meant at first but they are regulars, if anything came from craiglist IMO. Its a boat or truck forsale or car, or its sexual on july 13 or before, and i did email a whole bunch to them already. But i would send whatever you feel, cause you can never be to sure.

According to new reports, linked upthread, the video stamp was off by 8 minutes. So they were actually at the pking lot at 12:23. So that would give them a chance to be at the lake at close to 12:18 and still make it to the pking lot.

I am just trying to think outside the box. Some are saying this new 8 minute info makes it impossible for TG to have seen the bikes. So I was trying to think of a way both things could be true.

I don't think they came home every 5 or 10 or Grandma or Aunt T would have said that, imo. The said the girls left at 11:30, and were seen again at 12:15[ really 12:23} and then no more.

I agree that a random abduction might have happened. But it just seems so weird that within a minute or two of arriving at the lake they would be kidnapped. It makes more sense to me that someone would scope them out a bit longer than a couple of minutes. So I wondered if maybe they were seen there earlier and were lured back.

But I do agree it is doable that a perp could grab the first girl off the bike, put a knife to her neck, and the second girl would stop in shock and comply.
:mad:

I am kind of stuck on it being a local who knew them somewhat, but I could be wrong. After reading all of these sick ads on CL, then maybe it was just a random creeper.

The 8 minute time slot not only works, it is actually almost perfect.

If they were biking at a reasonable speed it is quite easy to reach the park by 12.20 with time left over.

TG never said exactly 12.20, it was approximately 12.20. I believe this occured because he spoke to his daughter on his cell at 12.27 and estimated from here. He could easily have been a couple of minutes out either way.

So...12.11 on cctv..12.20 or 12.22...the later would give 11 minutes, but locals believe the FBI are working with 8 minutes.

8 minutes to get from the cctv to the lake and gone.

Perfect timing, assuming someone was expecting them to arrive at the park, and had hidden themselves in the "trap" spoken of by DM, intercepted them, into a car, gone.

IT ONLY WORKS IF IT'S NOT RANDOM...if it is all planned, even down to the bike ride to the park, then it fits like a glove.

Daniel Morecombe down here in Aus was literally gone without trace in just 2 minutes, at a bus stop on a busy highway.

Is this the same CL poster who asks in another post about bloodhounds?

If not, which of the CL posters asked about bloodhounds?

Can someone link to the bloodhounds post?

TIA

It is one of the two icks. One is a camper and the other is a trucker. Start about post #390.

On one FB page, someone from Evansdale mentions seeing an ice cream truck parked at the campground near the lake.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/262384467207523/

THAT ^^^ is interesting. Hey locals, is there a regular ice cream truck in your area? Ollie would know, since his kids are the perfect age to hear the tinkling of the music from miles away.

When my son was about 10 he and the neighbor kid began to be obsessed with our local ice cream truck. I noticed that a LOT of young boys were lining up and waiting for the younger kids to get their ice cream. Soon I found out the guy was selling them stink bombs and sparklers and poppers etc/ lol

Generally speaking, two victims means more than one perp.

A random abduction would normally be for sexual motives. A perp requires one child, not two. Attempting to abduct two is clumsy and unnecessary for any rock spider. If child one is not enough, he can go out again later for more, but the sheer logistics of one person dealing with two distressed children (one of whom was adult sized) AND their bikes just doesn't make sense.

I know everyone's all excited about the RSO's and their funky junk on CL, but these guys don't even have a pot to p*ss in, let alone vehicles and planning abilities IMO.

The two children indicate more than one perp, moreover, the speed of the abduction indicates planning, and motives other than sexual.

:moo:

I cant remember where i read a couple pages back abt the puppies, that is weird to me cause i worked as a production manager at a newspAper and we would get in our emails people buying ads, obits etc..and there was this one that was a total scam abt puting puppies for sale and we had talk to our owner and they said that it is a scam and they would want whoever new this puppy code know what they wanted, makes ya wonder what puppies would mean??? Weird huh?? Was it really kids for sale?

I would send them ALL, just to be safe. Like Jules said, maybe he really hasn't talked to the FBI and just said that. Nobody has found an FBI email address though. Maybe call the tip line and ask if there is an email address?

Just a thought..how about call the tip line to tell them about the ads and tell them that the screencaps were emailed and to what address?

THAT ^^^ is interesting. Hey locals, is there a regular ice cream truck in your area? Ollie would know, since his kids are the perfect age to hear the tinkling of the music from miles away.

When my son was about 10 he and the neighbor kid began to be obsessed with our local ice cream truck. I noticed that a LOT of young boys were lining up and waiting for the younger kids to get their ice cream. Soon I found out the guy was selling them stink bombs and sparklers and poppers etc/ lol

According to that FB page, the ice cream truck showed up at the vigil last night.

The 8 minute time slot not only works, it is actually almost perfect.

If they were biking at a reasonable speed it is quite easy to reach the park by 12.20 with time left over.

TG never said exactly 12.20, it was approximately 12.20. I believe this occured because he spoke to his daughter on his cell at 12.27 and estimated from here. He could easily have been a couple of minutes out either way.

So...12.11 on cctv..12.20 or 12.22...the later would give 11 minutes, but locals believe the FBI are working with 8 minutes.

8 minutes to get from the cctv to the lake and gone.

Perfect timing, assuming someone was expecting them to arrive at the park, and had hidden themselves in the "trap" spoken of by DM, intercepted them, into a car, gone.

IT ONLY WORKS IF IT'S NOT RANDOM...if it is all planned, even down to the bike ride to the park, then it fits like a glove.

Daniel Morecombe down here in Aus was literally gone without trace in just 2 minutes, at a bus stop on a busy highway.

It isn't that easy though, because of the fence. Look at the attached birds-eye view of the "trap" area. You can actually see the fences on both sides clearly. The bikes were found in the middle of the screen. The fence that is on the lake side of the trail goes way down to the West. It has already been determined that nobody could have parked a car on the highway (construction, down to one lane) to abduct them, so the hidden car would have had to be in the woods. Look how far they'd have to go around that fence to get back to the car. I don't see how that could happen in 8 minutes and not have TG see them.

Attachments

• fence.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
I know he is self-employed, but does he have any employees?

I'm sure he would as that isn't usually a job you would want to do alone. Dangerous and laborious if you don't have the removal equipment. It was during lunch hour also.

I was in Iowa this weekend, and was in Evansdale. So eery to pass through this town knowing both these girls are missing. A very ordinary, every day town in the suburbs. A lot of construction going on, especially with roads. Lots of cornfields, rivers, lakes. People in a town like that would never have even dreamt of something like that happening there.
These girls could be anywhere, as I was passing through I was think...There are so many places they could be if still in the town...and many more if they aren't! So happy to see their missing poster plastered everywhere, even in other states!!! Praying for the girls tonight<3
One of my friends grew up in that area, she is so shocked about this, she said it is a very safe feeling, smaller town, no one would have ever thought this would happen.
On that busier highway that passes through (can't remember the name exactly-it's the one with the road construction in town), I read about the unsolved murder of a teen girl, driving home on the highway from IL, through out Iowa. I don't think it was in Evansdale, but on that high way, her car broke down, and she was stabbed to death. It's still unsolved, and it didn't appear to be a robbery. (If I find out her name, I will post it here, I just can't remember it!)
I also read in the morning paper in DuBuque, IA, where I was staying about different non-family abductions and rapes that have been happening in that section of Iowa. Makes me wonder if any of these are connected to the girls:/

Well maybe thanks to Nvgirl they already checked this guy out. Sounds like it. If he is living at the campground close by and posting ads like this - they probably thought it was worth checking out.

Yes, however I think the source that said the FBI checked him out was the guy's own FB. So just because HE says the FBI already talked to him, it doesn't make it so.

It isn't that easy though, because of the fence. Look at the attached birds-eye view of the "trap" area. You can actually see the fences on both sides clearly. The bikes were found in the middle of the screen. The fence that is on the lake side of the trail goes way down to the West. It has already been determined that nobody could have parked a car on the highway (construction, down to one lane) to abduct them, so the hidden car would have had to be in the woods. Look how far they'd have to go around that fence to get back to the car. I don't see how that could happen in 8 minutes and not have TG see them.

That's why I think TG saw the bikes before the girls rode back to the BigNTall lot at 12:23. They tehn turned around and raced back to the lake, and were taken by 12:30ish, right around the time Grandma began searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett