General Discussions #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
golfmom said:
Pretty hard fall for a guy who had the world by the tail and scored an extremely great sales management job at such a young age.
Too much success too early for a guy that was probably used to charming his way into and out of things, IMO.

That blog that he wrote the day before Janet was murdered - to me, it sounded like someone that's a chameleon. Someone that can fit in in an instant by flashing a charming smile and "selling" himself by talking himself up. He HAD to while he was growing up and he had to have something with which to impress those he met. Otherwise, he'd have had no friends. Unfortunately, the moving around combined with the slew of relationships that he saw develop and then crash right in front of his eyes most likely created someone with no real sense of attachment. Add the good looks, charm, and luck into the mix, and you might end up creating someone that feels larger than life. Someone that over time begins to feel as if they can get away with almost anything. Someone that never learns to appreciate anything.

Yes, a hard fall indeed. At the same time, does he recognize the reason for the fall, or is he blaming someone else while thinking about how he deserves so much more?

ETA: If LE IS building a case against Raven, I hope they consult a psychiatrist - we've got all the ingredients here for a classic personality disorder.

Graduates

Bachelor of Arts
April 2003
Janet Abaroa​
Dallen Arny
Jared Arny
Emily Bobo
Travis Bowen
Katie Boxer
Suzanne Burton
Karen Chapman
Kathryn Chapman
Erika Christiansen
Jordan Councill
Kathryn Davidson
Cache Decker
Carrie Dougherty
Sonnet Dunn
Jamie Gietz
Jessica Gogarty
Clint Griffin
William J. Hanley
Natalie Harvey
Jaron Horrocks
Paul R. Johnson
Autumn Jones
Sara Judd
Emily Kotter
Sarah Kreider
Candace Lund
Desiree Mattice
Cameron Mizell
Charles Moline
Amanda Nowlin
Shannon Owlsley
Ben Palmer
Rebecca Patten
Erin Redden
Valerie Rieben
Britney Romito
Renee Sandberg
Natalie Schmidt
Raylynn Sleight
Trent Swallow
Sarah Swapp
Mialie Szymanski
Crystal Tychonievich
Jeff Vaisey
Rebecca Woodard

It seems that there are more bloggers covering this case now. I hope that's a sign that this case is gaining attention and momentum.

JerseyGirl said:
newsobserver.com | Local & State

Abaroa said he is working as a salesman for a mobile phone contractor.http://newsobserver.com/news/story/2749834p-9187604c.html

Ummm, I Googled "Raven Abaroa Salt Lake City, UT" and found his name as showing up as an employee back in 2001...call him for orders.

Just *how* many jobs has this guy had at such a young married age????? Did RA work there while JA finished school??? Confusing to say the least....

Thus was simply a "FWIW". Most likely means *nothing*. Thought I'd share anyway. :)

I can't believe that we're at the point with this case that all we can do is to wait and occassionally "bump" for Janet. Nonetheless, here it is ... with immense sadness ...

... bump for Janet, Kaiden, his unborn sibling, and all those that love them.

:( :( :(

Hi to all the faithful, I have been so busy with getting my own kids in school and going back to school (as teacher) that I have not gotten a chance to even catch up with the old news on here. Just found out today, when a new child came into my class that her dad works for Eurosport! He probably thought I was nuts when he told me because I went off into la la land, immediately thinking of all the things I plan on asking him (in a few days, once I get his beautiful daughter settled in and get to know him a little better!) I'll keep you guys posted. Kelly

booradley said:
Hi to all the faithful, I have been so busy with getting my own kids in school and going back to school (as teacher) that I have not gotten a chance to even catch up with the old news on here. Just found out today, when a new child came into my class that her dad works for Eurosport! He probably thought I was nuts when he told me because I went off into la la land, immediately thinking of all the things I plan on asking him (in a few days, once I get his beautiful daughter settled in and get to know him a little better!) I'll keep you guys posted. Kelly
Too cool Kelly!

Just wanted to say you all have done a wonderful job researching this horrendous crime & I know that Janet will get justice. When my husband was ready to divorce me over my obsession with the Peterson case, I assured him when it was over that no case will ever grab me like that one. I followed it initially because those beautiful pictures of Laci just sucked me in. I could not imagine anyone wanting to do harm to her. Then, the more & more I saw of Scott, how smug & completely sure that he was never going to get caught just made me absolutely sick. That's what reeled me in, wanting to see him found guilty. When he finally was, I burst into tears of relief. Now I happen upon Janet & Raven (what a total dick!) yesterday, & ended up reading probably for about 6hrs (most of which when I was supposed to be working) so I think I may be slipping into my old habits! I do think the police have taken a page from Peterson West & keeping their cards close to the vest. It's frustrating for us, but it will all come out. The Bird will not be flying in Utah for long.

hollyjokers said:
It's frustrating for us, but it will all come out. The Bird will not be flying in Utah for long.

Holly, welcome to the madhouse! You summed it up perfectly. Most of us who followed the Peterson case felt all our hairs standing up on the back of our necks when we first were presented the case by misterallgood.

Loved your post HJ! Having the Peterson case all over the news, it was so easy to be caught up in it....this case has grabbed us even though there isn't much media news on it and am glad so many of us have stuck with it, despite that fact.

Give my condolences to your husband in advance and welcome!! :)

Welcome to the forum, hollyjokers! And thanks a million for the encouragement. It feels like an endless cycle with this case - we'll feel confident something is happening, and then time goes by and we start to worry and doubt ourselves, and then something starts happening again, and then more time goes by, etc. - round and round and round. I personally am in one of those doubtful phases again, so it is very nice to have a fresh set of eyes come in, look everything over, and give us their perspective. I hope you'll continue to post with us! :)

http://www.simplybest.com//nyrm/missinfo.jsp?id=817

Elder Jacob Abaroa-Peters
Dates Served: Sep 1997 to Aug 1999
Areas Served: No. Rochester/ No. Buffalo/ Rochester Spanish branch/ So. Rochester/ Leroy
Family: Spouse: Amanda; 1 sons
Email Address: surfplaybyplay@yahoo.com
Comments: What's up folks. If your reading this then you must be interested to know what I've been up too. I finished school at San Diego State and Columbia School of Broadcasting with my major in Broadcast/communications. I've been working in Baseball for 5 years now and love it! I worked two summers with the Salt Lake Buzz, one summer with the San Diego Padres, I married my lovely wife in March of 2003 and we headed to New Jersey to take a job with a team in Atlantic City. I stayed there for over a year before excepting a position with the Provo Angels. Now that the 2004 season is over, I've desided to move on once again because I don't want to spend my life in Provo! My wife and I are looking to get back to the East Coast. Yes, I was single for my first 3 and a half years home from the Mission and enjoyed every minute of it! Now I'm married and have a little baby boy named TEANCUM ISAAC. He was born on September 6th, 2004.

--------

Well it's happened! I found a reference to Raven playing soccer!! Seems he's playing in an indoor soccer league in Salt Lake these days.

This team is part of an organization called "Let's Play Soccer." Seems that Raven's team is called Mulletproof, and they play Tuesday nights at 9:30pm (in case anyone is in the area and wants to go watch!)

This first link is time sensitive, as the scores are updated each week:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/Main/Locations/saltlake/std/MBT1.htm

This is pulled from the current page (standings as of 9/27/05):

[size=+1]Players Name [/size][size=+1]Team Name [/size][size=+1]Goals [/size][size=+1]Assists [/size][size=+1]Points[/size]

[size=+1]RAVEN ABAROA [/size][size=+1]MULLETPROOF [/size][size=+1]3 [/size][size=+1]5 [/size][size=+1]8[/size]

Here's a link to the weekly schedule:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/main/locations/saltlake/std/slschedule1.htm

And finally, a link to the Salt Lake Indoor Soccer site:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/main/locations/saltlake/saltlake.html

Mulletproof? Funny name for Raven, since he doesn't really have much hair to grow a mullet with.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Well it's happened! I found a reference to Raven playing soccer!! Seems he's playing in an indoor soccer league in Salt Lake these days.

This team is part of an organization called "Let's Play Soccer." Seems that Raven's team is called Mulletproof, and they play Tuesday nights at 9:30pm (in case anyone is in the area and wants to go watch!)
Ooooo it's tempting, but I have a prior commitment every Tuesday evening. If I can swing it, I'll try to get there.

I can't believe that Raven is out playing Soccer, like nothing happened to his wife and unborn baby.

This guys is scummier than Scott Peterson. He makes me ill.

Play while you can Raven, play while you can!

newkid said:
Ooooo it's tempting, but I have a prior commitment every Tuesday evening. If I can swing it, I'll try to get there.
Hey NK, if you get a chance maybe you could help raven look for the murder on the soccer field.

Did you ever get by the bike shop?

Jenifred said:
Mulletproof? Funny name for Raven, since he doesn't really have much hair to grow a mullet with.
He might be mulletproof, but he ain't pansy proof .:chicken:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member