AL - Incest Sodomy Rape multiple victim under age of 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh. I guess there's a story about this football player paying for meals for his offensive line. Seriously, the media isn't going to cover up an investigation like this just because some kid plays QB for a big college. Look at what happened at Penn State. Did the media cover up that. Nope. Quite the opposite. How about when that player at LSU was kicked off the team recently? Was that covered up? Nope. I could cite hundreds more incidents where a story that was harmful to a beloved sports team was reported to the fullest by newspaper reporters.

Oh. I guess there's a story about this football player paying for meals for his offensive line. Seriously, the media isn't going to cover up an investigation like this just because some kid plays QB for a big college. Look at what happened at Penn State. Did the media cover up that. Nope. Quite the opposite. How about when that player at LSU was kicked off the team recently? Was that covered up? Nope. I could cite hundreds more incidents where a story that was harmful to a beloved sports team was reported to the fullest by newspaper reporters.

That's my conspiracy theory sneaking out from collective observation; lack of LE support & since of urgency, media coverage only in Mobile, and silence from those who could have assisted with the efforts or even an anonymous donation but will not now for obvious reasons, etc...

Given the circumstances I personally found the content of the article offensive (pun not intended). Bragging about paying large dinner tabs weekly but not one dime donated or an ounce of compassion shown toward albeit extended family members, innocent children or a missing girl is... IMO, very poor taste.

I'd love to hear some sort of statement condemning the actions by all of the above but I think the chances of that happening are about as likely as LE ever stepping up to the plate.

JMO

I would not be surprised to see the other twin arrested and also the best friend.

This was my exact thought when they said more arrests were coming .. Seems it was a 'group' secret. (IMO) I keep praying for Brittney to be found safe. God, bring her home, please.... and send the guilty ones to :jail:

Hi everyone,
I've been reading from this site for years but Brittney's story has touched my heart, so I had to register.

That's my conspiracy theory sneaking out from collective observation; lack of LE support & since of urgency, media coverage only in Mobile, and silence from those who could have assisted with the efforts or even an anonymous donation but will not now for obvious reasons, etc...

Given the circumstances I personally found the content of the article offensive (pun not intended). Bragging about paying large dinner tabs weekly but not one dime donated or an ounce of compassion shown toward albeit extended family members, innocent children or a missing girl is... IMO, very poor taste.

I'd love to hear some sort of statement condemning the actions by all of the above but I think the chances of that happening are about as likely as LE ever stepping up to the plate.

JMO

Thanks for the clarification. I agree. It's ridiculous that these guys are living large when they're going to school on taxpayers' dimes. This is, after all, a public school.

I enjoy sports, but I'm as cynical as anyone when it comes to how ridiculous sports can be. College is for education. That's where the money should be spent. It's to the point now that high school kids think they are invincible superstars. Some of these kids hold "events" at their schools to announce their choice of college. What's sad is that there are enough people who care to give these idiots an audience for their ridiculous behavior.

I have been covering sports and news for 15 years. Never once have I heard of a newspaper that was told not to report on something because some person had a famous relative.

I forgot to mention that several news sources in Mobile and at least one outside of Mobile have known about DK's ties since his first arrest.

Apparently absolutely no one in the media seems the least bit interested in even inquiring about assistance with efforts to find Brittney, the welfare of the children or even DK's very expensive legal resources.

I'm not talking about shoving a mic in someone's face tabloid style but instead contacting the older family members simply inquire or request a statement even if though they'd likely receive a "no comment".

I know some folks think it should just be totally left alone but it is very difficult for me to see Brittney's family struggling for gas money just to go look for her on their own - let alone begging for assistance from the very people who are supposed to provide it (LE)... hearing about & knowing the horrific conditions those innocent children endured... knowing a blind eye was turned and no effort was made at all to reach out to them... then reading about charitable events, requests to help others, a strong sense of community, integrity and expensive dinners - well it kinda pizzes me off a little bit.

As always, JMO.

I stumbled across a news article last night out of my home State of Florida and was shocked (pleasantly surprised) to see how many charges FL throws at molesters. I clicked on a two more similar articles and wow... just wow... one guy had over 80 charges!

Then I did a search for the State of Alabama and was shocked again (NOT plesantly surprised) to see how FEW charges are made against molestors. They have a surprisingly large number of LE, church and education related molesters.

This is what I discovered... Florida appears to make most of their charges for every single incident (3 victims, 5 incidents = 15 charges)

Alabama sometimes charges per victim or per incident or just per perpetrator... I can't figure out their formula because they don't appear to have one but it is clear they rarely make more than one charge of each type regardless of the period of time and number of victims that were involved. Good examples to show inconsistency & fuzzy math:

Charges per victim or perp (certainly not by incident): "charged with first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy and incest of a female juvenile over the past three years. The sexual assaults reportedly started when the girl was 14."

Cannot figure out the math: Only two counts for at least three victims and occurring in three counties... "accused of sex crimes against children in three Alabama counties ( Elmore, Cullman and Madison)vplead guilty to two counts of first degree sexual abuse Three of his victims and the Wetumpka pastor of Bethel Assembly of God , where Astorga worked, testified during the trial."

As far as AL sentencing for goes - for the most part they can be pretty stiff WHEN they are actually held to the largest penalty but that practice seems to be hit or miss with some only receiving a year while others receive five years depending on the charge.

https://sites.google.com/site/pinofalabama/molestation-cases-in-alabama

Maybe someone will stumble across this post and can offer us a professional explanation of charges & sentencing guidelines for sex abuse crimes in Alabama.

WOOD, DEREK THOMAS (W / MALE)
Booking No: BCSO12JBN004624
Booking Date: 07/13/2012 23:10:49
Age On Booking Date: 21
Bond Amount: $10000.00
CELL Assigned:
Address Given: 8016 MIDDLE RING RD MOBILE AL 36619

No longer "homeless"
And I know exactly where this address is!! Alpine Hills subdivison, it use to be a really nice middle class area back in early 90's but now it has been taken over and well...not so much now. Plenty of drugs in that area

CELL Assigned:

No longer "homeless"
And I know exactly where this address is!! Alpine Hills subdivison, it use to be a really nice middle class area back in early 90's but now it has been taken over and well...not so much now. Plenty of drugs in that area

Thanks BD. I wonder who paid his bond? As to the address, it appears someone with children had a yard sale there. I hope he's not staying in a home with children!

http://www.e-classifieds.me/view-listing/3121693291.php

Thanks BD. I wonder who paid his bond? As to the address, it appears someone with children had a yard sale there. I hope he's not staying in a home with children!

http://www.e-classifieds.me/view-listing/3121693291.php

HAHA! I googled that too! Very recent yard sale on craigslist as well, I remember CW saying she was having a yard sale, I thought she lived in Baldwin County, in a trailer? There are a LOT of children in that neighborhood and area.

CELL Assigned:

No longer "homeless"

BBM
Alpine Hills is located in the zip area 36618. There is also a Middle Ring Road off Three Notch Road ~ not too far from Marle Rd and Quimby Dr. This area is probably a 19 zip.

I looked up the house and somehow ended up on Zillow (because I couldn't find it via google street view) and noticed a lot of things that are public record. And then I ended up looking my own home that I own lol not a good idea, now I'm depressed at the value.

Anyway, no longer homeless... so who lives there? I can't see a streetview ie the outside of the house so I can't figure it out. I assume he's home living with his bio mom?

HAHA! I googled that too! Very recent yard sale on craigslist as well, I remember CW saying she was having a yard sale, I thought she lived in Baldwin County, in a trailer? There are a LOT of children in that neighborhood and area.

CW lives on Quimby Dr off Three Notch...DK lives on Marle Rd off Quimby Dr.

Here is a link to a map Zeaux posted on 6/24.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

I think she used to live in a trailer and moved into a nicer home as of recently (based on background photos that have appeared to change, although - in the interview it looked like the trailer again).
This is the garage sale date and it sounds like her sale. Makeup and Jewelry items for sale? Clothing? Wonder what the sizes were ... :what:

CW lives on Quimby Dr off Three Notch...DK lives on Marle Rd off Quimby Dr.

Here is a link to a map Zeaux posted on 6/24.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Ok now I"m just absolutely confused. The garage sale date is accurate (same with baby things and the like). The houses in that area appear decent and from google maps, to be like any other suburban home area. A working class neighborhood if you will. When it comes up in my google maps it says "tillmans corner" and the information I pulled off of Zillow lists some interesting information.

Maybe CW had a garage sale at WH and SSH? Nicer area, more traffic ?

Ok now I"m just absolutely confused. The garage sale date is accurate (same with baby things and the like). The houses in that area appear decent and from google maps, to be like any other suburban home area. A working class neighborhood if you will. When it comes up in my google maps it says "tillmans corner" and the information I pulled off of Zillow lists some interesting information.

Maybe CW had a garage sale at WH and SSH? Nicer area, more traffic ?

BBM I doubt that.

I didn't google the addy or the yard sale. But, I am very familiar with Alpine Hills...I grew up in that area, of course, that was many years ago. lol
I remember when Zeaux made the map "Middle Ring Rd" stood out to me because I knew there was one in the area of Alpine Hills.

FWIW...There is an article by a "gather" blogger that has her run down of the aunt's arrest. Not MSM...just a blog.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back