CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved to CO from Seattle. I'm freaking out. Our new house abuts beautiful open space - we're about 45 miles north of Westminster. I keep looking at the prairie & hills out the window, thinking about this horrifying case. I have a young DD so I'm freaked. I've been following this thread since the beginning but couldn't post as my email was not accepted during registration. I finally got it manually added.

I was at a local park 2 Sundays ago. My DD was playing on the playground. A woman asked me to complete a survey about city parks and said she would watch my child. I agreed to fill out the survey but continued watching my own child. When I finished, she kept me talking as my DD wandered farther away. As I started walking towards my DD while I was still talking to the woman, I noticed 2 men under either side of the walkway my DD was playing on, towards the middle of the playground equipment. There were no other kids near her. As I approached and called her name the men silently retreated. At the time I blew it off, but later that day it gave me pause. Then less than a week later Jessica went missing and I wondered if we narrowly escaped an abduction scheme. I can't imagine it was really anything or that they're connected. But it does make one wonder.

I fear there is truly a horrifying madman (or more than one, either working together or separately) out there. I'm feeling weird about having just moved here. This is chilling. unreal even.how is this possible, what is happening?

I believe the location of the backpack near the woman's house who killed her baby was an announcement that he had killed Jessica; its proximity to open space pointed to where she'd be found; the body's location in another open space, and the triangulation of the home, backpack and body are extremely poignant and meaningful, in the darkest ways, as some of you have mentioned. The "not intact" condition of the body and the method of how that occurred (at least as far as NG says) indicates extreme rage or loss of control, no? very very frightening.

Another thought I had about this.... did the survey ask for personal information such as address? I hope not. That could be a cleaver way for sickos to find victims.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Good thoughts. Maybe unusual behavior the FBI should have included is if your spouse is rarely known to clean and the bathroom/tub is spotless and smells of bleach when you return home.

I had to laugh, but I totally agree. People know their spouses, mine will routinely unload the dishwasher, vacuum and hang up laundry. Any other cleaning would cause me to be suspicious. Especially anything involving bleach or any kind of cleaning solution.

One more picture. I can almost picture this angel walking where Jessica (or we think it is her anyway) was found... Jessica is no longer in her body, and she loved animals per one of the videos of her with her pet. So I like the bird in the angel's hands.

Whatever she went through on this Earth, she is no longer with us and has moved on. Bless her soul...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/pho...idings-from-Heaven-jesus-23106858-640-480.jpg
Angels-of-Heaven-who-bring-Good-Tidings-from-Heaven-jesus-23106858-640-480.jpg

no. not even names. it did ask how many kids under age 18 lived in the home. i just remembered that. oh *****.

Another thought I had about this.... did the survey ask for personal information such as address? I hope not. That could be a cleaver way for sickos to find victims.

Speaking about creepy things:

There was a company going door to door in our neighborhood last summer wanting to come in our homes "updating" our alarm systems. I didn't fall for it and called the cops. Turns out they were a legitimate alarm company, but imo they have no business doing cold calls door to door. It is never a good idea to let anyone you don't know or don't have an appointment with into your house.

Serial Killer Dennis Radar; BTK, was employed as a supervisor for ADT alarm service at one time.

Not necessarily -- I don't know what the driving age is in Colorado, but here in MA you can drive at 16 and a half. So a high school student would be a possibility. But my point was that we aren't allowed to sleuth minors.

I got that. But, I didn't see the picture so I wasn't sure of their age. Thanks for the info.

Speaking about creepy things:

There was a company going door to door in our neighborhood last summer wanting to come in our homes "updating" our alarm systems. I didn't fall for it and called the cops. Turns out they were a legitimate alarm company, but imo they have no business doing cold calls door to door. It is never a good idea to let anyone you don't know or don't have an appointment with into your house.

BBM good instincts! In my younger and more naive days I let one of those alarm guys in one time. It took me a couple of minutes to realize I had just showed him all the entry points, which ones were most vulnerable, and which types of alarms we should get (you know, so he could 'install' faulty ones if need be???) I felt so stupid. It was a legit company too but even then do you know all of their employees are 100% legit? We changed all the locks and I haven't let anyone like that in since, but it's easy to fall for.

Hi Tracey.
In answer to your question, my thought is this: The perpetrator(s) is familiar with both neighborhoods. My reasoning is similar to others who have suggested or recognized a similarity between the two locations. Because it was 25 degrees the night the backpack was left, and perhaps a 15 m.p.h. wind, the perpetrator(s) probably drove to the backpack-drop location, after 6:45pm and before 12:45am. I proposed that the perpetrator(s) drove to the backpack-drop location because they had previously cruised through the neighborhood, and that they chose the location where the backpack was found because it was similar to the site where the abduction occurred: no windows overlooking street; fence.

I believe that the perpetrator(s) search for locations like the two shown in the image below. IMHO, the perpetrator(s) was parked at "2" and saw the victim walking on the sidewalk at "3" (note: no sidewalk at "2"). Perhaps they were familiar with her habit; I believe they watched her before--perhaps on the Thursday before the abduction on Friday.

snipped

Zola, how do you know the exact location where JR was kidnapped/abducted? I haven't see LE or anyone say where along her route to school she disappeared. Do you have a link for this? TIA.

I really hope that LE reads here. I won't say any more than that, but I do think it would be in their best interest.

I got that. But, I didn't see the picture so I wasn't sure of their age. Thanks for the info.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound snippy.

I'm not sure of the ages, either. I think one boy has been described as in middle school.

I don't mean to be an alarmist, maybe it was nothing, but I'd report this to the local LE. As I say, may be nothing...but what if it is something? Report it and let them make any determinations.

I know others have remarked upon this - but whoever did this to her I also feel is local, or knows that area very very well. This wasn't just a random dump.

God help the family...

Twitter and here: http://www.9news.com/news/article/293899/339/LIVE-VIDEO-Missing-girl-update

Sources tell 9NEWS workers who typically pick up trash in that area found the body Wednesday.

Me thinks their "source" is twitter.

LE finally confirmed this on KDVR's live blog that posts updates on this case.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog-search-continues-for-jessica-ridgeway/

David Mitchell OCTOBER 11, 20128:05 PM
Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan says maintenance workers picking up trash found the body Wednesday in Pattridge Open Space Park.
Investigators have not said if the body is Jessica Ridgeway.

snipped

Zola, how do you know the exact location where JR was kidnapped/abducted? I haven't see LE or anyone say where along her route to school she disappeared. Do you have a link for this? TIA.

Law enforcement reported that the victim was abducted somewhere between her home and Chelsea Park (3 blocks). IMHO, the perpetrator(s) abducted her at Chelsea Park, as there are no houses with a direct view overlooking that location. (See lower right-hand image).

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

I just moved to CO from Seattle. I'm freaking out. Our new house abuts beautiful open space - we're about 45 miles north of Westminster. I keep looking at the prairie & hills out the window, thinking about this horrifying case. I have a young DD so I'm freaked.
Welcome to Colorado! FWIW, I live south of where she was kidnapped and northeast of where a body was found. I've been in this area 13 years (11 in my neighborhood) and this is the first--and hopefully only--time that I've been terrified. Then again, they were searching an area I regularly run and bike in this afternoon, often with my kids, while profiling some a crazy guy who might live right there.

I am not aware of Stephanie Rochester but I have some questions?
FWIW, I firmly believe that was a post-partum psychosis case and nothing more. Freaky coincidence though.

If LE had a serious suspect, I wonder if they would have put out that info tonight, after waiting 6 days.They may be getting a boat load of calls-would they want a ton of most likely ultimately useless calls if they had a serious POI? Just wondering.

Oh what to do when one has a theory that can't be posted. Bite tongue and then bite harder.
It's based on knowledge we have though regarding a mix up of days.

Going by the FBI presser earlier, they don't have a suspect. Or at least that's how it sounds. :waitasec:

I think I know what you are referring to and I noticed that when I read a certain account. It bothered me because it is the only discrepancy I have seen reported. Don't know for sure if this is what you are referring to, but if it is I definitely think it is suspicious. jmo

If LE had a serious suspect, I wonder if they would have put out that info tonight, after waiting 6 days.They may be getting a boat load of calls-would they want a ton of most likely ultimately useless calls if they had a serious POI? Just wondering.

What they know and what they can prove in court are two different things.

Has it been verified that Jessica walked that wee bit herself and met with the same girls up the road on a daily or a routine basis? If so and the pictures of Jessica's route to school. Fencing. Lack of homes facing etc. It does seem to me somebody was watching and has been :moo:

Law enforcement reported that the victim was abducted somewhere between her home and Chelsea Park (3 blocks). IMHO, the perpetrator(s) abducted her at Chelsea Park, as there are no houses with a direct view overlooking that location. (See lower right-hand image).

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

Thank you.

REMEMBER: The family is OFF - LIMITS. ALL of the family. If that changes for any reason, we will let you all know.

Thanks!

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members