Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MontanaMan, it might be a good idea to contact the investigators. They might be able to ask you some questions that could jog your memory. And they are probably holding some information back for their investigation that you might have the key to help them unlock this case if indeed you knew this woman.

Here's the contact information:

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
Orange County Coroner's Office
714-647-7400
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

NCIC Number: U-416598679
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Thank you so much for joining Websleuths!

:welcome6:
Kimster,

Thank you so much for making the suggestion to me. I wasn't sure if it was okay for me to contact The Orange County Coroners Office or if I was supposed to let the moderator or someone more advanced than I do that. Oh, uff da! I will go ahead and contact them today and see if anything fits. I know enough about her that I could possibly hold the key. I also have her bracelet still as I said. This whole thing has been making me think of the other Andrea I knew too, although she pronounced her name the regular way. Last thing I knew, that one was in Hawaii but I know enough about her too if it ended up being her instead. Oh, uff da! She did kind of go off the deep edge after our friend and her best friend Lee passed away.

Well, thanks for the advice and as a newbie, I probably sound like a total dork. I just wasn't sure what the protocol was. Thanks for clearing that up for me and I will call Orange County today. I sincerely appreciate any and all help. Take care Kimster and everyone else and thanks! - MontanaMan

Hi all,

Contacted Orange County Coroners Office and talked to a very nice detective there and he was able to ask me some pertinent questions that I think certainly helped and narrowed this down. It's a real possibility this is the same Andrea I knew in Seattle back in the late 80's. He has my name and info and we will be in touch and will get this figured out.

Thanks a lot to everyone who has tried to help on this case and hopefully we'll be able to identify this JD and get some closure. Thanks again to Kimster for encouraging me to contact Orange County. Big burden off my chest and maybe for them and the Websleuth community at large.

Thank you! I hope your information does lead to some closure for this poor woman and her family.

Hello all... I just found this case. I am from Huntington Beach and thought I'd type in my town to see if there were any cases from around here. So here I am.

I feel so bad for this girl, as I was kind of a mixed up girl in my younger days as well. Though I was a Junior or senior in high school when this happened I do remember the scene in HB in those days. It was definatly the type of place someone (a runaway or a drifter) could go to and find a crowd to hang with. Even today 20 years or so later it is completely different. Since then the community has changed so much. They have almost completly eliminated that alternative fringe element that used to be such a part of what down town Huntington was. Now its mostly expensive new homes,resorts, resteraunts and surf shops (a total tourist attraction).
Needless to say I miss my old Huntington Beach. Main Street was a place where one could re-create themselves and completly make up a past. I remember meeting so many of these types down there and I often wonder what ever became of them

Was she alone when she was hit? Or was she poissibly just dropped off? The reason I ask is that the area where she was it was slightly off the beaten path. There were not any businesses or motels around for severeral long blocks along PCH. I do remember vacant lots and an animal shelter right there, this was way before the huge hotels and resorts were built. There was a housing tract close by though. Main street would have been quite a walk and the opposite way was Newport an even longer walk. Not even sure if there were sidewalks s right there along PCH. I don't see why she would even want to cross the street?? The ocean right at part was pretty desolate not to mention cold at night. Why would someone be all dressed up to hang out in that area?

Makes me wonder if she knew what she was doing or had to escape from a car at that point? It sounded to me like she was relying on the kindness of strangers at that point and maybe got herself into some sort of situation. I so wish I knew more about this girl.

Hello all... I just found this case. I am from Huntington Beach and thought I'd type in my town to see if there were any cases from around here. So here I am.

I feel so bad for this girl, as I was kind of a mixed up girl in my younger days as well. Though I was a Junior or senior in high school when this happened I do remember the scene in HB in those days. It was definatly the type of place someone (a runaway or a drifter) could go to and find a crowd to hang with. Even today 20 years or so later it is completely different. Since then the community has changed so much. They have almost completly eliminated that alternative fringe element that used to be such a part of what down town Huntington was. Now its mostly expensive new homes,resorts, resteraunts and surf shops (a total tourist attraction).
Needless to say I miss my old Huntington Beach. Main Street was a place where one could re-create themselves and completly make up a past. I remember meeting so many of these types down there and I often wonder what ever became of them

Was she alone when she was hit? Or was she poissibly just dropped off? The reason I ask is that the area where she was it was slightly off the beaten path. There were not any businesses or motels around for severeral long blocks along PCH. I do remember vacant lots and an animal shelter right there, this was way before the huge hotels and resorts were built. There was a housing tract close by though. Main street would have been quite a walk and the opposite way was Newport an even longer walk. Not even sure if there were sidewalks s right there along PCH. I don't see why she would even want to cross the street?? The ocean right at part was pretty desolate not to mention cold at night. Why would someone be all dressed up to hang out in that area?

Makes me wonder if she knew what she was doing or had to escape from a car at that point? It sounded to me like she was relying on the kindness of strangers at that point and maybe got herself into some sort of situation. I so wish I knew more about this girl.

Isn't it by the power plant and a mobile home park? Sort of in the middle of nowhere?

Isn't it by the power plant and a mobile home park? Sort of in the middle of nowhere?

Oh yeah ambercat your right. I forgot about the powerplant. And the old fashioned mobile home park(which was mostly inhabitat by senior citizens) and 9 hole golf course alled Driftwood. They were both torn down years ago but I believe they were still there around the time 'Andrea' died.

Maybe she was staying with someone at the mobile home park?

the one downside of this being "Big Mouth Andrea" is that according to Doe

"Her teeth showed signs of previous orthodontics and she had received dental care shortly before her death. Expensive porcelain dental work. Restorations on back of top front 4 teeth. "

they do not define "shortly" but MountainMan said Awn Dray Uh was in Seattle in the mid-80's and this "Andrea" was killed in April 1990. I would certainly think that "recent" dental work is less than 5 yrs so I don't know where Awn Dray Uh would have gotten the money for expensive dentristry while the "Andrea" who was struck by the car had no money to her name.

If the Andrea from Seattle had wealthy parents as she claimed, they may have paid her dentist bill. Seems very plausible to me. Some parents are willing to pay for their child's medical bills but are not willing to send them money.

Good point. I had a friend like that in the 70's. Every year or two she'd come home sick and addicted, and her parents would clean her up, dry her out, patch her up, and take care of her for a few months. (Coincidentally, her dad was a dentist.) Then she'd hit the road again. That cycle kept up until she died of an overdose...RIP. Andrea sounds like she could have been on the same sort of cycle.

If the Andrea from Seattle had wealthy parents as she claimed, they may have paid her dentist bill. Seems very plausible to me. Some parents are willing to pay for their child's medical bills but are not willing to send them money.

So many kids get braces these days and even 25 years ago years ago when I was in high school. It doesn't necessarily mean she came from a wealthy family, mine certainly wasn't. I wonder if they had the amazing payment plans that they have these days?

I grew up with so many people whose parents got them braces and paid for cosmetic dental work. Many of these kids didnt go very far. I can remember one who died of a heroine overdose in her early 20's who had amazing teeth and had had braces.

When parents are paying for this they never dream that they would have a child that would run away or get into trouble.

But I'm assuming it's something like braces. I could be wrong.

I may have missed it but has her dental work ever been sent off to orthadontists in the areas she was thought to have been from?

Oh and forgot... I was wondering if there is any other photos or sketches of this young lady. I know they can't show coroners photos but I wonder if someone could create a better likeness. The sketch we have doesnt show much at all.

Oh and forgot... I was wondering if there is any other photos or sketches of this young lady. I know they can't show coroners photos but I wonder if someone could create a better likeness. The sketch we have doesnt show much at all.

None that I am aware of. Orange County does not publicize postmortem photos. Los Angeles used to, but they don't anymore.

Orange County's forensic artist is pretty good at creating reasonable likenesses of their UID's. So I would trust the accuracy of this drawing more than many others.

So many kids get braces these days and even 25 years ago years ago when I was in high school. It doesn't necessarily mean she came from a wealthy family, mine certainly wasn't. I wonder if they had the amazing payment plans that they have these days?

I grew up with so many people whose parents got them braces and paid for cosmetic dental work. Many of these kids didnt go very far. I can remember one who died of a heroine overdose in her early 20's who had amazing teeth and had had braces.

When parents are paying for this they never dream that they would have a child that would run away or get into trouble.

But I'm assuming it's something like braces. I could be wrong.

I may have missed it but has her dental work ever been sent off to orthadontists in the areas she was thought to have been from?

That's a good point. Orthodonture etc. did not used to be out of reach of what the average working class family could pay for.

the one downside of this being "Big Mouth Andrea" is that according to Doe

"Her teeth showed signs of previous orthodontics and she had received dental care shortly before her death. Expensive porcelain dental work. Restorations on back of top front 4 teeth. "

they do not define "shortly" but MountainMan said Awn Dray Uh was in Seattle in the mid-80's and this "Andrea" was killed in April 1990. I would certainly think that "recent" dental work is less than 5 yrs so I don't know where Awn Dray Uh would have gotten the money for expensive dentristry while the "Andrea" who was struck by the car had no money to her name.

Your correct about that webrocket. Thing is, she DID come from a family that had money. I know that as she told me many a time and her teeth HAD been worked on and it was very nice work, although I didn't look at it or ask about it back then. She just happened to mention that she used to have really crooked teeth and that her supposedly wealthy ( and I think they really might have been ) parents had had them fixed before she ran away to Seattle to become one of us. I still think there's a giant chance this is her and I have spent many a night here the past month or so thinking about this and chastising myself for not being there for her more than I was. I could have helped her out more than I did. I didn't have the most stable life right then but I could have and should have asked her some more questions. Also, there is other ways of getting money for runaway girls like her and I am sure you know what I mean. Don't think she wouldn't have done those things because she likely would have. She could be desperate at times. In fact, the dental thing is something I talked to the detective about in Orange County. This is a really hard case with me not knowing her last name or ever even asking her. She was just Andrea to me. And she always will be.

Your correct about that webrocket. Thing is, she DID come from a family that had money. I know that as she told me many a time and her teeth HAD been worked on and it was very nice work, although I didn't look at it or ask about it back then. She just happened to mention that she used to have really crooked teeth and that her supposedly wealthy ( and I think they really might have been ) parents had had them fixed before she ran away to Seattle to become one of us. I still think there's a giant chance this is her and I have spent many a night here the past month or so thinking about this and chastising myself for not being there for her more than I was. I could have helped her out more than I did. I didn't have the most stable life right then but I could have and should have asked her some more questions. Also, there is other ways of getting money for runaway girls like her and I am sure you know what I mean. Don't think she wouldn't have done those things because she likely would have. She could be desperate at times. In fact, the dental thing is something I talked to the detective about in Orange County. This is a really hard case with me not knowing her last name or ever even asking her. She was just Andrea to me. And she always will be.

Don't beat yourself up, MontanaMan. We all have friends that went off in a bad, or just wrong direction. Believe me, I do know how you feel, but we can only control our fate, not that of others.

MontanaMan

Your joining us, your being here, your memories of days gone by are giving me a big lump in my throat.

The fact that you have ended up back in the possession of the bracelet she gave you is overwhelming...and it's hard to type with blurry vision from the tears welling up in my eyes.

Just wanted to say personally thank you so much for coming here and sharing!
tarabull
:heart:

MountainMan, using your best estimate, how old was Big Mouth Andrea when you were all hanging together in Seattle? that might help us narrow down her year of birth.

they give a wide range (16-30) for the deceased "Andrea" in 1990.

MountainMan, Are you still in contact with any of the people you hung out with in those days?
If not, sometimes people find eachother on facebook who hadn't seen each other in years. I know I have "friended" people I knew in elementry school.
Possibly if you remember any names you could look them up and see if they have any memories of your friend Andrea. Maybe they may have some insight into where she went.

Facebook could be a tool into getting more information about your friend.

better yet still, do you or any of your old crew have any photographs of Big Mouth Andrea?

MountainMan, Are you still in contact with any of the people you hung out with in those days?
If not, sometimes people find eachother on facebook who hadn't seen each other in years. I know I have "friended" people I knew in elementry school.
Possibly if you remember any names you could look them up and see if they have any memories of your friend Andrea. Maybe they may have some insight into where she went.

Facebook could be a tool into getting more information about your friend.

If Big Mouth Andrea really pronounced her name Awn Dray Uh as opposed to her faking it to be more dramatic, that really narrows down where she came from. that sort of accent can be found in one degree or another in the 5 Boroughs of NYC, Nassau and Suffolk Counties on Long Island, Westchester County just north of the Bronx, Rockland County, NY, and the following counties in NJ - Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Hudson, Union, Middlesex and parts of Monmouth. once you get past these areas the accent drops off quickly and indeed even in places like eastern Suffolk and northern Westchester the accent is not nearly as prominent.

while that is some progress, the counties I named currently have a combined population of well over 13 million people so she is still a needle in a haystack. with the added factor of her family's money, that would probably eliminate the Bronx in NYC and Hudson and Passaic Counties in NJ.

one last observation is that I'd say with 90% probability Andrea was either Italian or Jewish, more likely Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62