CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I won't mention any names in my pure speculation. But if we look at the remote location of R's home, I know some have talked about the large garage on the property. But has anyone mentioned the 18'x18' outbuilding? It's listed as a farm/pool building. Generally a pool house would have a ceramic tile floor or something of that sort. You'd also possibly have a bathroom, i.e. plumbing. Particularly one that appears to be upscale. Has anyone talked about this? If so, I've missed it. TIA And this is all pure speculation, MOO

Thank you. That's the one I was wondering about. Was her name ever released?

I've searched everywhere and can't find if her name was ever released.

Here is my post which gives the links to the articles I was able to find regarding this case.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8525698&postcount=138"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!* Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23[/ame]

Does anyone recall where the information came from that Austin was treated for a "*advertiser censored* addiction" at age 15? I know it was reported in msm, but did anyone in msm indicate where that information came from or was it from "a source"? I've read some speculation that this *advertiser censored* addiction treatment could have been the result of something that happened that is in Austin's closed juvenile record. I don't think a court would have ordered treatment specifically for a *advertiser censored* addiction because the DSM does not recognize it as a disorder. If he was diagnosed with a mental disorder of some type and if treatment was court-ordered, I think the court would require it to be a disorder included in the DSM, the standard classification of mental disorders used by mental health professionals.

I've searched everywhere and can't find if her name was ever released.

Here is my post which gives the links to the articles I was able to find regarding this case.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!* Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Someone posted earlier about this: IF you go to the source (Wheatridge PD) they have a release that body was ID, family asked that her name not be made public, pending toxic screen, etc.

Does anyone recall where the information came from that Austin was treated for a "*advertiser censored* addiction" at age 15? I know it was reported in msm, but did anyone in msm indicate where that information came from or was it from "a source"? I've read some speculation that this *advertiser censored* addiction treatment could have been the result of something that happened that is in Austin's closed juvenile record. I don't think a court would have ordered treatment specifically for a *advertiser censored* addiction because the DSM does not recognize it as a disorder. If he was diagnosed with a mental disorder of some type and if treatment was court-ordered, I think the court would require it to be a disorder included in the DSM, the standard classification of mental disorders used by mental health professionals.

This quotes the "family member" who discussed it at length. I found more info in what was said than in any other article.

http://crimemagazine.com/killer-schoolgirl-jessica-ridgeway-child-himself

It came from an aunt.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusiv...-treated-for-*advertiser censored*-addiction/

snipped "Senior investigative reporter Josh Bernstein confirmed that the teenager had been treated for an addiction to *advertiser censored*.

Bernstein reports family members say he was just 15 years old and his addiction was so strong that it required counseling."

I don't have the link handy, but someone linked it upstream, and it seemed to come from a family member. I think, IIRC, and aunt said this to a reporter.

As stated twice in my post, all my own opinions from what little information is available. All my own speculation.

I was referring to this post:

Originally Posted by Wishbone
It’s obvious his motivation was not just to experience joy at taking the life of this child. He left out the part of sexually assaulting her and didn’t add much as to the “joy” he got out of dismembering her and most likely torturing her as well. I really don’t believe his account of what he says happened. IMO he thoroughly thought out what he planned to do to her well in advance of the abduction. Always just MOO.

This time, BBM.

I was asking for a link that states that Sigg left out the part about sexually assaulting Jessica. It wasn't clear to me that this omission was merely your opinion.

It came from an aunt.

If the aunt is correct about Austin being treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction, I don't think it would have been court-ordered treatment since a *advertiser censored* addiction isn't officially recognized. If he did receive court-ordered treatment, it I believe it was likely due to some other official diagnosis. Of course, no one knows that it has anything to do with a juvenile record since that record is sealed. Treatment for a *advertiser censored* addiction could be something that a parent decided Austin needed. Austin could also have been treated for something else and his aunt was told he was being treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction or the aunt could be mistaken.

I was referring to this post:

This time, BBM.

I was asking for a link that states that Sigg left out the part about sexually assaulting Jessica. It wasn't clear to me that this omission was merely your opinion.

I posted IMO, actually twice, thats the best I can do.

The location where the body was found at Clear Creek in June 2011, near 10400 W. 44th Ave, Wheat Ridge, is approx. 3.3 miles from Warren Tech North where AS was a student.

Sigg traveled unconventional path through school

Oct 24, 2012

Excerpt: Before attending college, Sigg spent most of his school career in Jefferson County. He attended Witt Elementary, the same school as the murder victim, 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway. Sigg spent a few years at Standley Lake High School.

He also concurrently attended WarrenTech, a trade school.

According to Jeffco School District records, Sigg dropped of both schools in July 2012.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=295959

If the aunt is correct about Austin being treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction, I don't think it would have been court-ordered treatment since a *advertiser censored* addiction isn't officially recognized. If he did receive court-ordered treatment, it I believe it was likely due to some other official diagnosis. Of course, no one knows that it has anything to do with a juvenile record since that record is sealed. Treatment for a *advertiser censored* addiction could be something that a parent decided Austin needed. Austin could also have been treated for something else and his aunt was told he was being treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction or the aunt could be mistaken.

I was thinking about that too. But I have to wonder, what could they have been really treating him for, where a '*advertiser censored* addiction' is considered a better explanation? :eek: :eek:

After his arrest, White told police that he had been fantasizing for about two weeks about killing Gay and having sex with her dead body, the court documents say. He said he had been watching Internet videos that showed women being murdered and men having sex with the dead bodies.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/central_mich/mt-pleasant-woman-rebekah-gay-24-missing-110112

Another case of a murdered 24 year old...so sad

Found Deceased MI - Rebekah Jane Gay, 24, Broomfield Township, 31 Oct 2012

I think this is getting close to what the back of the house might look like. Thanks to those that added details.

Ertirely Speculative, but ...

Behind the patio doors are stairs going to the basement, where the furnace, hot water tank and washer/dryer may be. Officially, only 120 square feet are developed. From there, it is possible to get to the crawl space either through a half door, or around behind the utilities.

The crawl space is under the garage, and it's possible that the fireplace can be accessed from the crawl space ... don't know.

There's a second stair going up to the kitchen, living room, dining, front door area.

Nov1_RearPersp.jpg

This is a great depiction of the house. My sister lives in Colorado and has a house like this. When you walk in the front door, you walk into the "formal" living room. About 10 feet from the front door on the left are stairs that lead up to the bedrooms. When you get to the top of those stairs there is a small hallway. To the right is the Master bedroom which leads to the doors and deck at the back of the house. The master bedroom has a full bath. To the left and at the front of the house (with the two small windows) are two small bedrooms. There is also a full bath off of the hallway to the left. Back to the formal living room: As you walk forward there is the kitchen at the back of the house. A wall separates the kitchen and formal living room. There are windows in the picture where the kitchen is. To the left (right after the short stairs that lead upstairs) there is a short set of stairs that leads down to the family room with has the fireplace. There is a railing in the kitchen so that you can look down into the living room. The sliding glass door opens from the living room to the backyard. If you enter from the garage: When you pull in the garage, to get in the house there are three steps that lead up to the door. When you walk in this door you are in the living room. TO THE RIGHT is a door to the basement. There is a full set of stairs that lead down to the basement. In my sisters house there is ANOTHER door at the bottom of the stairs. The basement in my sister's house is unfinished except for her son's "man cave" which is a big bedroom with a door. Also in the basement is the furnace and the washer and dryer, which is walled off from the larger room that is the man cave. The basement is plumbed for a bathroom. My sister doesn't have a bathroom yet but plans on putting one in. Maybe Austin's house does?. Off of the side of the room that has the man cave there is a small door to the crawl space. It is about 4 ft tall. The entire basement area is UNDER the part of the house which would be the formal living room and kitchen. I've never been in the crawl space (creepy), but it is in the direction of where the living room with fireplace is. I don't think it is as big as that room though. When I did look in, it looked to go back about 10 ft. In the basement there is also a sump pump hole (basically a hole in the concrete about 14 inches across) that is to prevent flooding. They are common in Colorado. That all being said....My sister has no idea what her son is doing in the basement and CAN NOT hear him down there either. I have been thinking a lot about this since Jessica....and I am pretty sure my nephew could have someone in the basement and my sister (who is a single parent) would not even know.

Also, on the side of the house where my nephews man cave is in the basement, there are windows at ground level that can easily be used as a place to enter and leave from. My sister DOES NOT have the side door that goes into the garage. That is a builder option I believe.

I think what people are saying is some kind of vent by the garage door is a motion detector light.

It looks to me like an outdoor light fixture ... or a motion detector light. I don't think anyone would vent their dryer out of the front of the house between the garage and the front door.

I was thinking about that too. But I have to wonder, what could they have been really treating him for, where a '*advertiser censored* addiction' is considered a better explanation? :eek: :eek:

:dunno: There are several Paraphilic Disorders that one might be having treatment for that a person might tell a white-lie about thinking that a *advertiser censored* addiction somehow sounded not quite as bad. I certainly don't know that to be true in Austin's case, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo