MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A woman named Diane Muehlbauer (stearnstruth on youtube) interviewed cellmates of Richard Bahner, a guy named Ben who claimed to be a witness to the abduction, Vern Seitz the WI barber, and Brenda Bahner. She lives here in Stearns County. (I think JRBrown tried contacting her at one time, I don't remember what ever happened with that, maybe JRBrown can post and tell us.

Police are aware of all these tapes and interviews. From what I remember, they discounted the whole Bahner connection years ago, said it was Bahner making up info to try and use to get out of prison early.

You can watch all the videos of the interviews, plus some videos on Jacob made by the JW foundationon on the website linked below. I don't know who set this website up, if it was the Jacob Wetterling Foundation, or someone else. The last video (14) is Alison Feigh who went to school with Jacob, and now works at the Jacob Wetterling Foundation. If you don't watch all the videos, be sure to watch #11 - a song for Jacob.

http://wn.com/jacob_wetterling#

Well, the video interview with Ben is a man interviewing him, not a women. Ben doesn't appear to be a cellmate or in prison/jail in the interview (the video said he was a resident of St. Joseph). The prison video is with Kevin who heard Richard Jr. talking about Jacob in the "yard". I didn't gather he was an actual cellmate.

I read something said early in the Wetterling case where someone would say something. Well, there are people saying things and now they just seemed to be ignored. There's something going on with these Bahner's and it all needs to be figured out. Is the son covering for the father or was the father worried about something the son had done? Either way they both have molested children and they should be seriously checked into.

Richard Sr. is dead, but getting DNA from one of the sons, like Richard Jr., might link him (Sr.) to Jared's abduction and molestation (since Sr. is dead now). They might even get Jr. to talk truthfully now. His facebook page says that he is "a church goer", so perhaps he is ready to be truthful about any connection to Jacob's disappearance (either with him or his father).

I did find, shergal, that Diane Muehlbauer was checking into this stuff. Thank you for repeating her name, because it is hard to find when people are searching. She's the ex-bailbonds person who someone confessed to. I was actually thinking of calling her and finding out stuff from her, since everything posted about her is by someone else, not actually her.

Hi Shergal,
I never got a hold of Diane. Sorry. Maybe someone else can try.

If you ask me, Richard Sr looks similar to the sketch of the suspect if I look at the picture on his obituary. I looked around for a pic of VS, the barber. Couldn't find a one. I wonder if any of the Bahners could have some dark stories to tell about the past.

since LE --all LE knows about the Bahners, why do you think that they have been deemed not to be suspects? It certainly isn't because of their great standing in the community.

Maybe someone could contact LE and ask them why the Bahners are out of the running.

I think that Diane Muehlbauer's phone # is listed. I checked into her more than a week ago. I think I will call her. It wouldn't hurt just to get the information directly from her.

I was thinking of sending messages to Richard Bahner Jr. via facebook, too. His facebook page says that he is "a church goer". Maybe he is ready now to talk truthfully about anything he knows. My hubby doesn't think I should though. He thinks it is "dangerous". Richard Bahnard Jr. lives approx. 1,850 from me and I doubt he will travel so far to hurt me. Also, if he is a "church goer" and TRULY has Jesus in his heart, he wouldn't do such a thing. Plus, I'm just not afraid of such things. Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

I guess I just haven't read enough on the Bahnerds to convince me that somehow they are not involved in Jacobs abduction. Seriously, we have a father and 2 sons with a history of molesting children. I just can't see how this can be ignored or brushed off so easily. Does anybody know how Alan Bahnerd died? I did find that his ex is engaged to his brother Brian now. Does anybody know what happened to Michael (Mike) Bahnerd. He seems to have just disappeared from the internet.

Also, I should have said that Alan Bahner's ex is engaged to Brad Bahner, not Brian.

Oh, something I noticed about Minnesota is that their list of child molesters is very small. I don't believe they are listening them all. If you look in California, you will see sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many and that is because we list them ALL. We don't have degrees. If you are a molester, you are a molester (they only specify such things as a child 14 or under or a child 15 or 16). There's non of this numbering to do with whether you are likely to re-offend. Obviously psychologists have failed at figuring out if molesters will re-offend (we know this from the files made public from the catholic church rape cases).

I kind of doubt that any Bahner would confide in a stranger on the internet asking questions about his family, kymmcd, but you can certainly try.

I'm curious why Diane did all these interviews with Seitz and Ben and then just posted it all on you tube. It might be interesting to find out from LE why her tapes were discounted. Maybe they know her better from her days as a bail bondsman? "Stearnstruth" does have posts godlikeproductions which is a very strange website - lots of conspiracy theories, etc. So hopefully you would get better info talking to her personally.

If you do talk to her, ask her who Lou was. ;-)

kymmcd-I know that I am waiting for a report.

Any luck in contacting Diane?

I haven't made up my mind if the perp got away with Jacob in a car or not. Jacob's footprints dig into the sand of the driveway then disappear. To me, it sounds like pressure was applied to his one foot like he would be getting into a car. He also could have gone onto someone's back or something. There are trails from the DR house to the Abbey of St John's. Someone in good physical condition could possibly have carried him, but I am not sure. I don't think the sheriff's office knew what to do with a child abduction and dropped many balls. The Wetterlings have had to suffer many years for their mistakes and omissions. Hopefully more police offices know exactly what to do now to recover missing children.

Hi Jbrown, I wonder if they took impressions of the foot prints next to Jacob's? I know they said there a lot, but wouldn't who ever took him have prints right next to him?

The only place a car could have been parked would have been DR's driveway. The nearest street would have been too far away to carry Jacob without risking capture before escaping the area.

And maybe the car DR heard was the person who abducted Jacob and not the kid with the scanner.

Hi Jbrown, I wonder if they took impressions of the foot prints next to Jacob's? I know they said there a lot, but wouldn't who ever took him have prints right next to him?

I had asked this question as well some time ago and someone responded that the tire tracks probably covered the other prints.

Info on footprint and tire tracks:

"The police arrived six minutes later and went to the place where the boys had seen the man. Jacob’s footprints were on the driveway by where the man had been standing. But then they ended and his toe sort of dug into the gravel. There appeared to be some resistance at that point. There were tire tracks on the driveway. You can see the tire tracks right next to Jacob's footprint in this photo."

jacobfootprint.jpg

Jacob could have been picked up at this point, or moved over to the grass on the north side of the driveway. If another car was there before Kevin's red car, they would have had to drive in the same exact tracks, and stop and back out in the same way, because there was just that one set of tire tracks in the photos.

More photos and details at link.

http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-jacob-wetterling-abduction/

(I'm not sure whose blog this is, it could be someone from here at WS, because many of these pics have been posted here previously.) Also all details in this blog may not be correct. For instance, when Nancy Grace aired a show on Jacob, Sheriff Sanner said the mask was a ski type mask and NOT a nylon stocking.

And maybe the car DR heard was the person who abducted Jacob and not the kid with the scanner.

I tend to disagree with this theory. DR has said in an interview that the 911 operator told him they were searching for an abducted child while he was on the phone with the dispatcher. Assuming that DR called just once (and assuming he was not lying in the interview), authorities would have been on the scene at the time of the call.

Info on footprint and tire tracks:

"The police arrived six minutes later and went to the place where the boys had seen the man. Jacob’s footprints were on the driveway by where the man had been standing. But then they ended and his toe sort of dug into the gravel. There appeared to be some resistance at that point. There were tire tracks on the driveway. You can see the tire tracks right next to Jacob's footprint in this photo."

jacobfootprint.jpg

Jacob could have been picked up at this point, or moved over to the grass on the north side of the driveway. If another car was there before Kevin's red car, they would have had to drive in the same exact tracks, and stop and back out in the same way, because there was just that one set of tire tracks in the photos.

More photos and details at link.

http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-jacob-wetterling-abduction/

(I'm not sure whose blog this is, it could be someone from here at WS, because many of these pics have been posted here previously.) Also all details in this blog may not be correct. For instance, when Nancy Grace aired a show on Jacob, Sheriff Sanner said the mask was a ski type mask and NOT a nylon stocking.

Do you know if this picture is of the spot where Jacob's footprints ended? If so, I believe that point was about 40 yards up the DR driveway. Kevin has been quoted as saying he just pulled into the driveway far enough to just turn around. If that's the case, then the tracks by the footprints in the photo would not have been Kevin's. All speculation and assumption here, of course.

Do you know if this picture is of the spot where Jacob's footprints ended? If so, I believe that point was about 40 yards up the DR driveway. Kevin has been quoted as saying he just pulled into the driveway far enough to just turn around. If that's the case, then the tracks by the footprints in the photo would not have been Kevin's. All speculation and assumption here, of course.

This has never been clear to me, which is why I am not convinced, yet, that the tire tracks in the driveway by Jacob's footprints were Kevin's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018