CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven/t seen the video due to tech difficulties, but I was able to read the transcription thanks to some super fast work by momrid and peachy...thanks for that...it is certainly interesting to see the different reads here by different WS members on MR's interview. Will let yall know what I think tomorrow if I can get the video to work, not that it is of any significance to anything, lol, Night.

Also known as "Krystal Burgers" in certain parts of the country. The singing star Krystal Gail (sp?) opened up a chain of such stores a couple of decades ago.

I didn't know she was part of that! But then again, I didn't know her older sister was Loretta Lynn either!

Please thank Peachy- not me- my deafness does not require thanks :)

Peachy is the go to Scanner Pro- with over 32,400+ posts and much respect- she is phenomenal at transcription, a great friend- and a Great GA Dawg; GO Dawgs!
I couldn't think of a better name for her than Peachy, she certainly is!

Ok, but it brings up another question. If Dylan was spending the night there, and if dad assumed everyrthing was fine when he came back at 11:30, then why drive down to the friends house and ask for Dylan?

Everyone is saying that dad came back at 11:30 and had no reason to worry, he'd just assume his son got a ride and was with his friends. So if Dylan was supposed to be there for 2 days, why did Dad drive over there?
They hadn't finished their plans, he may have wanted to make sure they were on the same page. They still hadn't decided for sure about what they'd do on Wednesday (if going to his brother's on Thursday, they'd have to leave Wednesday to get there), figure out when he should pick him up, and maybe just to see him a bit?

R: Do you have anything directly to say to Dylan?

M: Dylan, my prayers are with you and I love you very much. He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me. And I just want him home just like everybody else

does.
And that's why we've got to keep searching for him. Because somebody knows something. We've got to find him and we need to know he's okay.
================================================

It is just kind of jarring, imo, in the middle of a message to his son.He is supposed to be speaking DIRECTLY to Dylan, and he inserts this ="He WAS the light of my life and he meant everything to me.." :what:

<>

Question: Why was MR expecting a CSI investigation of his home a week ago (i.e. immediately after Dylan had been reported missing & initially presumed to be a possible runaway)?

Dylan's mother stated from the get go that he would not run away. I would expect them to investigate the home immediately also.

Within the first 1:30 minutes of this media interview, MR seemed intent on making it known that he has been "working with investigators".

Why is it so important to him that the public knows that he has been "working with investigators"?

The only people that need to know he's been cooperating with investigators are the investigators themselves, IMO.

Because the reporter came right out and asked him about the comments his ex-wife made. He was trying to let everybody know that he is doing the best he can and cooperating with LE. He is responding to the question he was asked.

Salem

Part 2 of transcription: link up thread of Uncut on KOAT.com

R: This is you guys' platform today. You can use this to get out any message you want.

M: Well, I don't want the focus to be mainly on me. I want the focus to be mainly on Dylan because that's where, that's the most important thing right now. And you know, if the process of what's going on with the authorities and the people handling this is to search my home, all the had to do was ask. I would have willingly let them come in. I've given them, I've cooperated with them in every way. Anything they've asked me for, I've been willing to do. Anything they suggested I do, whether it be sitting at the house waiting for the phones to ring or Dylan to walk through the front door, I'm willing to do whatever I need to do. And that's what I want everyone to understand is that, you know my focus is on Dylan and what's going on with him and trying to keep the investigation moving forward in whatever necessary means that is. So, you know in cooperating with them and we can you know, keep the focus on the search for Dylan. And that's where I'm at with all of this.

R: So you went to run errands. Were you going to take him with you to run errands?

M: Well, there was some discussion he had with me the night before about leaving with me so I could drop him off in the Bayfield are with one of his friends that had been trying to text him or that he had been communicating with. As he had indicated to me he had been up until 4 o'clock in the morning the night before, he was tired from being in the airport most of the day in his travel from Colorado Springs to Durango. I laughed at him kind of jokingly because I know him. If he ain't got to get up, he's not likely to get up. And he's not the type of kid who's going to get up at 6:30 if he doesn't have to. But you know, his friends are important and I know they're important me. So there was a possibility but it doesn't surprise me he elected to not get up when I left. And when I left, he acknowledged everything I was saying to him and that I would be back. He knew when I came back that I would be working on getting him down to his friends. And that's part of the struggle we all have, you know, what happened to him between the time I left and when I got back. And that's what nobody seems to be able to answer.

(Part 3 coming up...)

I've cooperated with them in every way. Anything they've asked me for, I've been willing to do. Anything they suggested I do, whether it be sitting at the house waiting for the phones to ring or Dylan to walk through the front door, I'm willing to do whatever I need to do. And that's what I want everyone to understand is that, you know my focus is on Dylan and what's going on with him and trying to keep the investigation moving forward in whatever necessary means that is..=============================

Does that include taking a polygraph?

When asked by a reporter if he had anything to say directly to Dylan, after one short sentence, he went to past tense.
"He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me."

I don't think this would be something I would say if I was asked to address a missing person directly and I thought that person was alive (kidnapped, held hostage, etc).

I would imagine waivering between hope and hopelessness after your child is missing for this amount of time would be make him human. Others have done it on many missing person cases

Part 2 of transcription: link up thread of Uncut on KOAT.com

R: This is you guys' platform today. You can use this to get out any message you want.

M: Well, I don't want the focus to be mainly on me. I want the focus to be mainly on Dylan because that's where, that's the most important thing right now. And you know, if the process of what's going on with the authorities and the people handling this is to search my home, all the had to do was ask. I would have willingly let them come in. I've given them, I've cooperated with them in every way. Anything they've asked me for, I've been willing to do. Anything they suggested I do, whether it be sitting at the house waiting for the phones to ring or Dylan to walk through the front door, I'm willing to do whatever I need to do. And that's what I want everyone to understand is that, you know my focus is on Dylan and what's going on with him and trying to keep the investigation moving forward in whatever necessary means that is. So, you know in cooperating with them and we can you know, keep the focus on the search for Dylan. And that's where I'm at with all of this.

(Part 3 coming up...)

THAT'S what he says when he can say anything he wants? Take the focus off of him because he's been cooperating in every way?

No, please, if you know anything...?

No, Dylan, if you can hear this...?

Nothing except, quit looking at me, nothing to see here, move along.

As a parent of a missing child, you're given the opportunity to say "anything", and the entire monologue is about you. This is NOT a good sign.

Dylan's mother stated from the get go that he would not run away. I would expect them to investigate the home immediately also.

Given Dylan's age (13), it's not uncommon for LE to initially presume a missing person's report to be a possible runaway situation, despite what either parent claims.

IMO, further investigation has led LE to conduct a more thorough (CSI) search of MR's house.

My original question was: Why was MR expecting a CSI investigation of his home immediately after Dylan had been reported missing & initially presumed to be a possible runaway?

And when I left, he acknowledged everything I was saying to him and that I would be back. He knew when I came back that I would be working on getting him down to his friends. And that's part of the struggle we all have, ...=================================================

I have a couple of issues with this portion.

1st, this part= "when I left, he acknowledged everything I was saying to him ..."

What happened to ' he was out like a light' ? This is the first time he said they had a 2 way interaction.

2nd, this part=and that I would be back. He knew when I came back that I would be
working on getting him down to his friends.

okay, so now we hear that he knew dad was coming back to give him a lift to his friends.
So why did he try to hitch a ride 17 miles into town if he knew dad was giving him a ride soon? And why did he do so w/out even communicating to his friends first?

and then of course, this part= "And that's part of the struggle we all have, ..."

For those into statement analysis, this speaks volumes...:eek:

(Part 3) transcription of Uncut video on KOAT.com

R: Can you tell me about your plans for Thanksgiving?

M: Well, because he was with me for such a short period of time, we had touched on a few things. One of the things was we talked about going to my brother David's house in Castle Rock. Um, I know his friends were important to him so we were wanting to make sure he had adequate time with his friends. Um, you know basically the plan was Monday and Tuesday he would spend with his friends. Maybe Wednesday, you know we had talked a little bit about going bowling or doing something as an activity, not with just me and him, his friends included. Then we would have Thanksgiving day to ourselves. Or there was a possibility we would travel and get to my brother's house. So, you know, none of that ever got finalized. I mean, we were just focusing on the next day and what we were going to do and how that was going to take place. That's as far as we really ever got. You know, his friends are important to him and I certainly don't expect him to spend a whole week with me when he's got, he's grown up in this community and he's got tons of people who love and care about him.

R: So he was going to spend a whole week with you. When was the last time he saw you?

M: Um, I think probably sometime in early September, I had flown him over from Colorado Springs on a round trip ticket on that point so he came over here and probably spent three or four days with me and that. And then you know, we obviously got him back to the plane and got him back safely to his mom. And you know, in that case it was a transfer flight from the Durango airport or Denver airport leaving to Colorado Springs. And it was my goal to keep him on a direct flight or one that he never had to change planes on with because there was some controversy between mom and I about him being thirteen years old and being able to do those kinds of things. And so, you know, when I got the flight for him I made sure it was flight he could get on in Colorado...

Transcript

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...nce/-/9153728/17616906/-/huo4iaz/-/index.html

Reporter: OK. So, thank you so much for speaking with me on camera, Mark.

Mark: You're welcome.

R: What's it been like?

M: Well, it's been a tough time for all of us. I know it's been difficult on me and I can only imagine how it's been for his mom and his brother and his family over in the Colorado Springs area. And we're doing everything we can to try and find Dylan and keep the focus on finding Dylan. And you know, I've been working with the investigators and to make sure all the bases are being covered on that end. And that's pretty much where I'm at with that. I mean I'm doing everything I know how to do.

R: I want to get this subject out of the way first. There's a lot of suspicion out there, even when Elaine went on ABC news...

M: Right.

R: She was... can you address that?

M: Um, well I can only imagine being the mother and the frustration of hearing about your son going missing. And you know, I can only think that has to do with lashing out and trying to find who is accountable for this in this situation. I've been working closely with the investigators to do what needed to be done because you know, he was last seen at my house. And there's rumors going around that he's been spotted by people. You know, our concern is that something has happened to the point now where we just want to keep in the public's eye, you know Dylan's face, keep the focus on Dylan. And you know, don't worry about me and everything's going to be alright on my end. But I know this is a troubling time for Elaine and my son Cory, I spoke with him last night and I'm surprised we were able to hook up today because one of the things we're trying to do is unite together. And I have my oldest son from the Phoenix area here and of course my brother is here. And we're trying to unite as a family and stay focused on what's important here. And you know everybody wants to focus on me but the focus isn't me right now. The focus is finding Dylan and that's where I'm at.

R: Why do you think people want to focus on you?

M: Well, because I think that's a natural part of the process and because you know, he was last seen with me and he was with me the night before. And you know, I saw him in the morning before I left to go run my errands. You know, that's the logical place to start. And so, it doesn't at all surprise me, you know that they searched my home yesterday because quite frankly, I was expecting that to happen a week ago. So, you know my opinion is that we're all a week late and in where were at with this. So my focus is what do we need to be doing now to keep searching for Dylan and bring him home.

R: Do you have anything directly to say to Dylan?

M: Dylan, my prayers are with you and I love you very much. He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me. And I just want him home just like everybody else does. And that's why we've got to keep searching for him. Because somebody knows something. We've got to find him and we need to know he's okay.

R: So you went to run errands. Were you going to take him with you to run errands?

M: Well, there was some discussion he had with me the night before about leaving with me so I could drop him off in the Bayfield are with one of his friends that had been trying to text him or that he had been communicating with. As he had indicated to me he had been up until 4 o'clock in the morning the night before, he was tired from being in the airport most of the day in his travel from Colorado Springs to Durango. I laughed at him kind of jokingly because I know him. If he ain't got to get up, he's not likely to get up. And he's not the type of kid who's going to get up at 6:30 if he doesn't have to. But you know, his friends are important and I know they're important me. So there was a possibility but it doesn't surprise me he elected to not get up when I left. And when I left, he acknowledged everything I was saying to him and that I would be back. He knew when I came back that I would be working on getting him down to his friends. And that's part of the struggle we all have, you know, what happened to him between the time I left and when I got back. And that's what nobody seems to be able to answer.

R: Can you tell me about your plans for Thanksgiving?

M: Well, because he was with me for such a short period of time, we had touched on a few things. One of the things was we talked about going to my brother David's house in Castle Rock. Um, I know his friends were important to him so we were wanting to make sure he had adequate time with his friends. Um, you know basically the plan was Monday and Tuesday he would spend with his friends. Maybe Wednesday, you know we had talked a little bit about going bowling or doing something as an activity, not with just me and him, his friends included. Then we would have Thanksgiving day to ourselves. Or there was a possibility we would travel and get to my brother's house. So, you know, none of that ever got finalized. I mean, we were just focusing on the next day and what we were going to do and how that was going to take place. That's as far as we really ever got. You know, his friends are important to him and I certainly don't expect him to spend a whole week with me when he's got, he's grown up in this community and he's got tons of people who love and care about him.

R: So he was going to spend a whole week with you. When was the last time he saw you?

M: Um, I think probably sometime in early September, I had flown him over from Colorado Springs on a round trip ticket on that point so he came over here and probably spent three or four days with me and that. And then you know, we obviously got him back to the plane and got him back safely to his mom. And you know, in that case it was a transfer flight from the Durango airport or Denver airport leaving to Colorado Springs. And it was my goal to keep him on a direct flight or one that he never had to change planes on with because there was some controversy between mom and I about him being thirteen years old and being able to do those kinds of things. And so, you know, when I got the flight for him I made sure it was flight he could get on in Colorado...

I transcribed this almost verbatim. Any mistakes are my own. It is now after 3 am. LOL

Hope this helps!

And thanks to momrids6 for getting the transcripts posted so quickly! :D

Peachy, THANK YOU, Amazing work. :loveyou:

I do think there MIGHT be one small correction though. Anyone feel free to correct this if I am mistaken but I think this sentence:

"But I know this is a troubling time for Elaine and my son Cory, I spoke with him last night and I'm surprised we were able to hook up today because one of the things we're trying to do is unite together."

Should be ' we WEREN'T able to hook up today...'

That is how it sounded to me and I just listened again. Anyone else think so ?

Within the first 1:30 minutes of this media interview, MR seemed intent on making it known that he has been "working with investigators".

Why is it so important to him that the public knows that he has been "working with investigators"?

The only people that need to know he's been cooperating with investigators are the investigators themselves, IMO.

Wouldn't they already know though??? I think he made reference to it because he was trying to let people know, the people who are accusing him of doing something to his son that he's cooperating and has been very involved in the investigation of his son's disappearance. I could be wrong, but that's ONE interpretation of what he said. I know there are others.

Wouldn't they already know though??? I think he made reference to it because he was trying to let people know, the people who are accusing him of doing something to his son that he's cooperating and has been very involved in the investigation of his son's disappearance. I could be wrong, but that's ONE interpretation of what he said. I know there are others.

LE said today that this was the fIRST in-depth interview they had with him, just this afternoon. And I don't think he has taken a poly yet. So I am not sure how closely he has been working with them, in reality.

Because the reporter came right out and asked him about the comments his ex-wife made. He was trying to let everybody know that he is doing the best he can and cooperating with LE. He is responding to the question he was asked.

Salem

According to the transcript, his first mention of "working with investigators" had nothing to do with what ER said.

R: What's it been like?

M: Well, it's been a tough time for all of us. I know it's been difficult on me and I can only imagine how it's been for his mom and his brother and his family over in the Colorado Springs area. And we're doing everything we can to try and find Dylan and keep the focus on finding Dylan. And you know, I've been working with the investigators and to make sure all the bases are being covered on that end. And that's pretty much where I'm at with that. I mean I'm doing everything I know how to do.

I'm willing to give MR the benefit of the doubt at this point in time. I won't, however, ignore things that stand out as red flags for me.

There is a reason investigators have conducted a more thorough search of MR's residence (The CBI van can only mean that a search for DNA, blood, and fiber evidence was being conducted), and there is a reason why LE has conducted what they term an "official (i.e. audio/video taped) interview" with MR. There is also a reason why his vehicles were towed away to a CBI lab for processing.

I'll await more info to be released, but at this point in time, I think it's obvious that LE is currently focusing on MR, for reasons known only to the investigators.

ETA: IMO, the CBI search of the house, the seizure of the vehicles, and the "official interview" have come about based upon tips & leads that have been developed since Dylan was reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken