IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! Thank you!! I question my abilities on my phone. I've only had it a month! I should stick to the laptop or my tablet!

Wow. . .I'm back. I am nowhere near being caught up. But a few things that stand out. Early on, during the searches, someone found a flip flop going north out of Evansdale on Debuque Rd., IIRC. We never heard anything more about that find, so I believed it did belong to the girls. . .keeping it close to the vest. So I always thought they were taken north. I was focused on Dunkerville and had asked about the nature area east of there. I was wrong about that, obviously. But the north part was correct, so I am thinking it was one of the girls flip flops.

Just my gut on profiling here, I still think this was a sexual predator, crime of opportunity. If it was someone close to the girls they would have hid them better. . .buried, in water, etc. If it was a total stranger from out of the area, they wouldn't have bothered to hide them at all. So, I'm thinking someone local, possibly on the radar (RSO?) or an acquaintance. I still think Lyric was the target (just because of age, development, etc. :( ) and Lizzie was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is there a reason we don't think this is the 2nd crime scene? What I'm wondering is if the perp could have had the girls walk-in to where they were found.

This is all MOO

ETA- Just my gut feeling that this isn't related to the family meth problems (unless it was just a creepy perp that became acquainted with them through those channels). I just think if it was, they would have been found sooner and in a way that would make IDing them harder. So, typical drug related death stuff, IYKWIM. Of course, I will change my mind on that if we learn more after the autopsy info is ever released.

But if the perp is a "creepy perp" who became acquainted via the family meth issues, than it is related to the family meth issues, as this person would not have had access to or known the girls, if not for meth.

Ok, I'm still trying to piece this together (late, I know). I would like to know exactly where the parents were when the children disappeared. I found this clip and I am more confused than ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=IyX_WPV1Bao

Anyone who can tell me what the heck the father is saying would be appreciated. What was he doing and where was he? The mother doesn't help much either..

I realize everyone is way ahead of me but I am still processing this and dont get it...so I went back to the beginning and got confused. It is my understanding that everyone has eliminated the parents or they have not been considered or are not allowed to be discussed. So I am asking if anyone knows exactly where both parents were for the hours the girls were missing?

All four parents have good alibis that have checked out:

Drew Collins (father of Elizabeth) was at work.

Heather Collins (mother of Elizabeth) had some doctor's appointments due to her pacemaker failing.

Misty Cook (Lyric's mother) was at work at her new job at Casey's (a gas station/convenience store chain).

Dan Morrissey (Lyric's father) was at home with his 16 year old son; he does not have a driver's license and he did not have access to a car.

What Dan Morrissey was talking about was an incident about a week before Lyric disappeared where she was with another cousin, KB (not Elizabeth, in other words). Lyric and KB, who is about 14 IIRC, were late coming home. Misty went looking for her with Wylma (Misty's mother and Lyric's grandmother), didn't find them and called Dan, who advised her to call the police. As Misty was on the telephone with the police, the two girls came in. It was apparently early enough in the call that no police report was filed. The two girls had been playing and lost track of time.

I think DM and MC came off as spacey and unfocussed in the video because this was probably about Day 4 or 5 (judging from events mentioned, such as draining the lake) and they were under a lot of stress, had very little or no sleep and had done so many media interviews that I think they were losing track of who knew what.

Can somebody refresh memory on cousin? Cousin that lyric was with when she got home late. How old? Male? Is there a link to "drug" arrest the cousin may have had? Any info appreciated.

Large and close family!

I believe the cousin you're asking about is KB, a girl who was 14 at the time of the incident with Lyric. So far as I know, KB had had no drug arrests, you're thinking of a different cousin.

you just never know, I reported someone else I discovered and they were off fb the next day, just link their sex offender info.

thanks for noticing, they have no business being on that social network.
JMO

You might want to consider reporting it to LE first before FB so that LE could check the sight before FB takes it down. There may be some valuable info for LE to look at.

Wow. . .I'm back. I am nowhere near being caught up. But a few things that stand out. Early on, during the searches, someone found a flip flop going north out of Evansdale on Debuque Rd., IIRC. We never heard anything more about that find, so I believed it did belong to the girls. . .keeping it close to the vest. So I always thought they were taken north. I was focused on Dunkerville and had asked about the nature area east of there. I was wrong about that, obviously. But the north part was correct, so I am thinking it was one of the girls flip flops.

Just my gut on profiling here, I still think this was a sexual predator, crime of opportunity. If it was someone close to the girls they would have hid them better. . .buried, in water, etc. If it was a total stranger from out of the area, they wouldn't have bothered to hide them at all. So, I'm thinking someone local, possibly on the radar (RSO?) or an acquaintance. I still think Lyric was the target (just because of age, development, etc. :( ) and Lizzie was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is there a reason we don't think this is the 2nd crime scene? What I'm wondering is if the perp could have had the girls walk-in to where they were found.

This is all MOO

ETA- Just my gut feeling that this isn't related to the family meth problems (unless it was just a creepy perp that became acquainted with them through those channels). I just think if it was, they would have been found sooner and in a way that would make IDing them harder. So, typical drug related death stuff, IYKWIM. Of course, I will change my mind on that if we learn more after the autopsy info is ever released.

The only time ive heard of the flip flops was on here, way way back. Lost foil flops are not usual so I figured it wasn't officially related.

But if the perp is a "creepy perp" who became acquainted via the family meth issues, than it is related to the family meth issues, as this person would not have had access to or known the girls, if not for meth.

Oh, I agree. I just meant not in a retaliation, don't talk, whatever, kind of way.

Dan was at home ( had access to his gf's SUV) her admission and questioned by FBI

SBM

Respectfully, do you have a cite for the above? I wasn't aware that DM has a GF; it seemed pretty obvious at the beginning of the case that he wanted to be with Misty. I've followed the case pretty closely and have never seen a mention of Dan having a GF.

I cannot remember...was anyone ever named as a POI by LE? Was anyone ever officially cleared? I ask because sometimes, new evidence is brought to light that takes the focus back to someone who was already cleared. I think that was the case with respect to the Green River Killer. He had been in the police files from the very beginning. He had been interviewed and cleared. It wasn't until many years later that they discovered he was the perp.

The only time ive heard of the flip flops was on here, way way back. Lost foil flops are not usual so I figured it wasn't officially related.

It may not be. I just thought it was strange that we never heard much about=it really was a find. That and there seemed to be confusion on what Lyric was wearing that day. So, my thinking was that LE didn't want it released. So, it always made me think that the girls were taken north out of town. I was focused on the Dunkertown area, for reasons I'll keep to myself. And now, the girls were found in the general area that I was thinking, albeit further. . .just makes me wonder.

SBM

Respectfully, do you have a cite for the above? I wasn't aware that DM has a GF; it seemed pretty obvious at the beginning of the case that he wanted to be with Misty. I've followed the case pretty closely and have never seen a mention of Dan having a GF.

I belonged to one of the facebook pgs set up in the beginning. I had personal conversations with the Girlfriends sister at that time.
Misty also had a boyfriend...

People say Drew was at work. He works out of his home.
http://www.superpages.com/bp/Evansdale-IA/Planetary-Tree-Service-L2063964957.htm

Chad Fitz: Address listed as across from Meyers lake in Evansdale
Address listed in Readlyn, a town not far away from where girls were discovered
Accused in Fayette for 1st degree kidnapping
Is a convicted child molester

Just curious....Is Chad Fitz related to Russell James Fitz that strangled and sexually assaulted a 2 year old, hiding her body in his apartment attic in Waterloo, Iowa back in 1974?

Regarding services for Elizabeth and Lyric, there will be a celebration of life for Elizabeth ONLY - from what I understand - this thursday, 12/13. BUT, this was already in the works before the bodies were found as it is the 5 month anniversary of when they've went missing. KWWL has been saying that ts for both girls but it isn't. Lyric's public service will be after Christmas. Have not heard about the bodies being released. As far as no official ID, the right people know, so I dont think that's an issue. I believe a shoe at least was found with the bodies. Lyric had purple hightops, so I'm guessing those were found with the bodies.

I think there were significant others for both Dan and Misty many many many threads back. I also remember that the mods were upset about MCM's boyfriend being sleuthed because someone with his same last name lived on/near Zmeyer's Lake. I don't believe we were allowed to discuss it because the info came from FB and not MSM.

Thank you for explaining, Unique444. This will need to be categorized as rumor then.

This site is a stickler for specificity if you are quoting a source from a main stream article, a fact as released by law enforcement or rumor. Thanks for clarifying.

I belonged to one of the facebook pgs set up in the beginning. I had personal conversations with the Girlfriends sister at that time.
Misty also had a boyfriend...

People say Drew was at work. He works out of his home.
http://www.superpages.com/bp/Evansdale-IA/Planetary-Tree-Service-L2063964957.htm

BBM

Yes, his home and business address are one and the same. IIRC, it was reported some time ago that Drew left for work at 6:15 am that awful day.

I assume that meant he was out in the field at a job site.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...2-8629-001a4bcf887a.html?print=true&cid=print

Branstad: Not Likely to Push for Death Penalty

DES MOINES, Iowa --- Gov. Terry Branstad said he supports the death penalty under certain circumstances, but it’s unlikely he’ll push for its reinstatement in Iowa.
“My position has been consistently, for the last 20 or 30 years, that if an individual is guilty of a crime such as first-degree rape or kidnapping and then murders the victim, so two Class A felonies … that is the limited instance when I think the death penalty could be appropriate,” he said during a Statehouse news conference Monday. <snipped>

I wonder if he thinks it should apply to a minor boy who uses a state vehicle to drive drunk and then to attempt an illegal pass on the highway, killing an elderly couple?

Or is it more appropriate for such a boy to get off with a slap on the wrist for illegal pass?

Oh wait. We already know the answer to that.

On the state courts website, do you really need to pay to get the details for each case? That probably why I'm getting nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member