AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they found just bones, and not anything else like bits of clothing. Oh dear, I feel nervous waiting for more info. It seems likely it could be Brittney.

My gut tells me it is Nancy Craycraft because she disappeared from that area in October. Simp also said she thinks it is likely to be Nancy.

Unbelievable. Another young girl. So with Nancy, three sets of loved ones waiting, and waiting. This is really horrible. I hate to think of Brittney being just bones, even though I know, after all this time.......She was such a young woman. With such a hard life behind her. Not ready to make old bones.

I really, really want to know who disappeared Brittney. Y'know?

Mobile, Baldwin authorities closely watch Lillian remains

Published : Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 2:36 PM CST

Chasity Byrd
LILLIAN, Ala. (WALA) - As word of the findings of human remains in southern Baldwin County spreads, the question of the identity of those remains looms.

Those with the Mobile Police department said they have two active cases right now that have their attention.

"We have that open case involving Brittney Wood, obviously, there are some circumstances that led to Baldwin County back over to Mobile and we still haven't located," said Cpl. Chris Levy.

Levy said the second case is that of 14-year-old Brittany Robinson.

"She was reported missing when her father took her for a visit and he never returned her. He has since been arrested and won't talk about her location," Levy said."

more at link: http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/authorities-await-remains-id

Unbelievable. Another young girl. So with Nancy, three sets of loved ones waiting, and waiting. This is really horrible. I hate to think of Brittney being just bones, even though I know, after all this time.......She was such a young woman. With such a hard life behind her. Not ready to make old bones.

I really, really want to know who disappeared Brittney. Y'know?

The link also mentioned another female; "Kay Sheehan is the second cold case. She vanished from her Robertsdale home in 2001." Which is about 30 miles from Lillian. Though I still think it is probably Nancy. Regardless, I will be grateful that someone's family will have closure.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/authorities-await-remains-id

Stepped away a few hours and missed boatloads of info. Thank you Team Brittney for your updates and opinions, there are some amazing people in this world despite the seemingly everyday reports of murders and mass killings. I treasure my Websleuths family. Praying for justice and closure!!!

LILLIAN, Alabama --
For a second day, sheriff's investigators returned to the area where a couple of kids, riding four wheelers, made a grisly discovery. "It was skeletal remains and there had been some scattering of these remains," says sheriff Hoss Mack.

"The sheriff says there is no indication that the remains are tied to the Brittney Wood missing persons case. Wood has been missing since May and was last seen near Styx River, in east central Baldwin county."

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/dec/19/l-ar-5203969/

On 7-22-12 he was arrested for 2nd degree sodomy and 2nd degree sexual abuse. Today he's arrested for another count of 2nd degree sodomy.

Wendy may be singing but I don't think it's because she suddenly found a conscience. I also don't believe it will help her case. She's only become more complicit. Stupid w*tch. :twocents:

Anyway, glad to see Bad Billy will spend the holidays in lockup.

LILLIAN, Alabama --
For a second day, sheriff's investigators returned to the area where a couple of kids, riding four wheelers, made a grisly discovery. "It was skeletal remains and there had been some scattering of these remains," says sheriff Hoss Mack.

"The sheriff says there is no indication that the remains are tied to the Brittney Wood missing persons case. Wood has been missing since May and was last seen near Styx River, in east central Baldwin county."

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/dec/19/l-ar-5203969/

Jumping off your post ...

By whom "BW [was] last seen near Styx River" is one of details that has failed to be included in any report or trustworthy account that I can recall. JMHO

Anyone have a differing recollection? TIA

Yes, was just about to ask that. Last seen. Nothing about phones or pings.

Could that 'last seen' have been a slip of the tongue by the sheriff, or a slip of the tongue?

1: He meant to say 'last heard of'
2: He meant to say 'last heard of', but actually has info that Brittney was seen there (at Styxx) and slipped up?

Could that 'last seen' have been a slip of the tongue by the sheriff, or a slip of the tongue?

1: He meant to say 'last heard of'
2: He meant to say 'last heard of', but actually has info that Brittney was seen there (at Styxx) and slipped up?

It's not an actual quote from the sheriff. Footballmom added the quotation marks as we asked to do when quoting a news article. The original article does not have quotation marks.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/17200
This has the date last seen as not after midnight on the evening she disappeared.
Date last seen May 31, 2012 00:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member