IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this for a scenario ... girls are riding bikes on Brovan and someone gives them a reason to race to the SE tip of Meyers Lake. We know that the 12:15 time on Brovan is verified. They leave Brovan at 12:15, perhaps they ask directions to the lake at the grocery store. The perp then goes to Maiden Lane to wait for them at the blind curve where the cyclist saw two bikes on the trail at 12:27, close to where the two fences start. The perp and the girls are in the treed area near Maiden Lane when the cyclist swerves. The perp takes the girls to a vehicle, then runs the bikes to the gate, tosses the purse over the fence, returns to the vehicle ... and heads North to 7 Bridges Park.

I like this idea...and want to work through this scenario. Even though it's considered RUMOR because it was only "confirmed" via FB I believe they stopped and asked for directions to the lake at Fareway.

So let's just pretend they did. Why wouldn't the girls have asked for directions of this person if they didn't know how to get there? I would think this person would say "you guys know how to get there, right?" Making sure they would be there.

OR...MAYBE...this person told them to meet "at Maiden Lane down by the lake"? And they wouldn't know where Maiden Lane was...but figured once they got close to the lake they'd be able to find it?:waitasec: That may explain the erratic sightings in different areas and us not being able to make sense of their route?

:banghead:

It seems to me that the man in the video believed that the children were found at the bend in the river near the corn field, so quite a bit to the West of where it appeared to be from studying the photos of the area. It seemed that the area where he took the ireporters was too far from the river.

I think that the X on the left is where the man took the ireporters, and the X on the right is where several people have matched the terrain based on the photos.

bodylocation.jpg

I think you're right...I don't think the man in the video is at the right spot. The area where the bodies were found was off the turnabout loop and I think your X on the right is the correct spot. The area where the man took the reporter seems to be incorrect based on the video (unless it was edited and cut out other areas).

Hi everyone, thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I discovered this site after the girls were found. I Googled Seven Bridges Park and the search results included a map someone posted here. I've been following as a guest since then, and decided to make my lurkership official by registering.

I'm a mother of two small children. I live in central Iowa but I grew up about an hour away from Evansdale and went to UNI in neighboring Cedar Falls. I've driven by Meyers Lake hundreds of times, but that's really my only connection to the community.

Your insight and sleuthing skills are a little addicting! I hope I have something interesting to contribute from time to time. Most of all, I hope the scum that took these girls is caught soon.

I like this idea...and want to work through this scenario. Even though it's considered RUMOR because it was only "confirmed" via FB I believe they stopped and asked for directions to the lake at Fareway.

So let's just pretend they did. Why wouldn't the girls have asked for directions of this person if they didn't know how to get there? I would think this person would say "you guys know how to get there, right?" Making sure they would be there.

OR...MAYBE...this person told them to meet "at Maiden Lane down by the lake"? And they wouldn't know where Maiden Lane was...but figured once they got close to the lake they'd be able to find it?:waitasec: That may explain the erratic sightings in different areas and us not being able to make sense of their route?

:banghead:

Do you have a link to this FB posting? I've tried to look but I'm a FB failure.

TIA.

Welcome to Websleuths, Gar! We're glad you decided to join us.

QUOTE=gar;8669119]Hi everyone, thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I discovered this site after the girls were found. I Googled Seven Bridges Park and the search results included a map someone posted here. I've been following as a guest since then, and decided to make my lurkership official by registering.

I'm a mother of two small children. I live in central Iowa but I grew up about an hour away from Evansdale and went to UNI in neighboring Cedar Falls. I've driven by Meyers Lake hundreds of times, but that's really my only connection to the community.

Your insight and sleuthing skills are a little addicting! I hope I have something interesting to contribute from time to time. Most of all, I hope the scum that took these girls is caught soon.[/QUOTE]:welcome: Please feel free to share anything you think is useful!

Do you have a link to this FB posting? I've tried to look but I'm a FB failure.

TIA.

I did, but the FB page isn't active anymore as the original 2 FB pages dedicated to the girls were consolidated into the new group page called Justice for Elizabeth and Lyric and the original pages aren't being posted on anymore.:furious: That's why it all has to be considered rumor.

So when the police arrived (not necessarily Abben), were the bikes against the fence? I know Abben said when HE arrived they were leaning up against the fence...I still don't think I've ever heard how the bikes were positioned when they were found. I looked for a link but can't find one regarding the location of the bikes upon discovery.:waitasec:

If they are describing the purse and it's location in reference to the bikes leaning against the fence then that may not give us a true estimate of where the bikes were dropped IF the girls were abducted mid trail...KWIM?

In MOO I think someone moved those bikes against the fence. I would hope to shout police didn't move them there if they were who found them. I am not sure we've ever been privy to know WHO exactly found the bikes. Family? Police? Random people helping look around the lake?
Along with that, we don't know if someone came forward and said that the bikes were laying across the trail and they moved them against the fence whole they were walking, jogging, biking, etc.

Maybe I missed the link but WHO found the bikes against the fence? LE??:waitasec:

Thank you for pointing that out. I had assumed, without thinking it through, that what Abben said meant that's where the bikes had been found.

For anyone who is interested, Lyric's obituary can be read at wcfcourier.com. Just click on the obituaries section & scroll down.

Just another thought...are there any cabins in that area by 7 bridges? Maybe not ones that are in a cluster of other cabins, but maybe an abandoned cabin that is within a few miles of the park? Or maybe even up or down river a ways?

Watch this space.

I'm not allowed to say it but....I knew it all along.

:maddening:

Me too, Sapphire, me too. Last night I was bored, so I read up on a ton of old cases (Hayleigh Cummings, Isabel Celis, Ayla Reynolds, Lisa Irwin, JonBenet, Madeleine McCann). To me, and IMO, they all have one thing in common. And IMO Lyric's and Elizabeth's case shares that same thing in common.

Time will tell.

For anyone who is interested, Lyric's obituary can be read at wcfcourier.com. Just click on the obituaries section & scroll down.

Does anyone know why Lyric has Misty's last name? Dan and Misty were married when she was born (I think so, at least. Her brother is at least 5 years older than her and he is the child of Misty and Dan too. He has Dan's last name.). And Misty has Dan's last name. Why doesn't Lyric?

Me too, Sapphire, me too. Last night I was bored, so I read up on a ton of old cases (Hayleigh Cummings, Isabel Celis, Ayla Reynolds, Lisa Irwin, JonBenet, Madeleine McCann). To me, and IMO, they all have one thing in common. And IMO Lyric's and Elizabeth's case shares that same thing in common.

Time will tell.

Oh Isa and Madeleine...they are my other little girls.

I agree one thousand percent.

<modsnip>

Does anyone know why Lyric has Misty's last name? Dan and Misty were married when she was born (I think so, at least. Her brother is at least 5 years older than her and he is the child of Misty and Dan too. He has Dan's last name.). And Misty has Dan's last name. Why doesn't Lyric?

Maybe she did. She was earlier referred to as "Lyric Cook-Morrissey" by all media.

Maybe there are new tensions between Misty and Dan.

:cow:

Is it just me, or is it really weird (and rude/mean to Heather) that Tammy is called out as Lyric's "favorite aunt" in her obituary?

Heather took care of her while her mom was in federal prison! Maybe I'm over sensitive, but I'd be upset about that if I were Heather.

Maybe she did. She was earlier referred to as "Lyric Cook-Morrissey" by all media.

Maybe there are new tensions between Misty and Dan.

:cow:

Yah, that's what I thought. But her obituary just lists her as Lyric Ray Lynn Cook.

Is it just me, or is it really weird (and rude/mean to Heather) that Tammy is called out as Lyric's "favorite aunt" in her obituary?

Heather took care of her while her mom was in federal prison! Maybe I'm over sensitive, but I'd be upset about that if I were Heather.

Heather strikes me as more a 2nd mother figure to Lyric than a traditional aunt figure. Perhaps that is why TB is listed as Lyric's "favorite" aunt.

I find naming any relative the deceased's favorite "insert title here" odd but I can see where Heather might not be viewed by Lyric as an "aunt" but as something more maternal than that.

ETA to me a favorite aunt is that aunt who you can count on to do the fun stuff, buy the cool outfit for you, listen to you whine about your parents (mother) etc. Maybe TB was that to Lyric.

So when the police arrived (not necessarily Abben), were the bikes against the fence? I know Abben said when HE arrived they were leaning up against the fence...I still don't think I've ever heard how the bikes were positioned when they were found. I looked for a link but can't find one regarding the location of the bikes upon discovery.:waitasec:

If they are describing the purse and it's location in reference to the bikes leaning against the fence then that may not give us a true estimate of where the bikes were dropped IF the girls were abducted mid trail...KWIM?

In MOO I think someone moved those bikes against the fence. I would hope to shout police didn't move them there if they were who found them. I am not sure we've ever been privy to know WHO exactly found the bikes. Family? Police? Random people helping look around the lake?
Along with that, we don't know if someone came forward and said that the bikes were laying across the trail and they moved them against the fence whole they were walking, jogging, biking, etc.

Maybe I missed the link but WHO found the bikes against the fence? LE??:waitasec:

iirc It was a man riding his bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member