GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that she worked part time at a doctors office. As for her husband- every couple has a different marriage and different views about fidelity.

Yes. This.

I don't see anything wrong with harmless flirting. My friends all do it with each other and nothing bad happens. In fact, my hetero guy friends flirt with each other. (And no, they're not secretly gay, they're really hetero.) What is considered too much flirting and even what defines infidelity can vary by age, by culture and from couple to couple.

Yes. This.

I don't see anything wrong with harmless flirting. My friends all do it with each other and nothing bad happens. In fact, my hetero guy friends flirt with each other. (And no, they're not secretly gay, they're really hetero.) What is considered too much flirting and even what defines infidelity can vary by age, by culture and from couple to couple.

Respectfully, intercourse in a bar rest room is a universal definition of infidelity I believe. I hope Sarai's husband is not left to deal with such knowledge along with his grief.

Can someone translate this page?

http://www.haber365.com/Haber/O_Gece_Birlikte_Olduk/25

I tried google and babelxl and it seems like there is some new info. This is the best I could get after comparing the two translations - please correct me if it's wrong: A video surveillance caught a woman (Sarai?) walking from the beach side over to the doors to take pictures. Her 'bomber' jacket is missing, which could mean that homeless people were involved.

Any validation to this interpretation would be greatly appreciated... TIA!

Most is same with what I translated above.

The part you are asking:

Police found out that from surveillance videos that she was walking on the seaside and she sees the historical door in cankurtaran and cross the road to take a photo.That time she had her coat on.

Not when she found so it is possible that she was murdered by homeless live in that area.

Thats how they got his name. Does anyone remember taylloo's profile pic from IG?

<modsnip>

Another site for any translators (lavy?) - the only thing that I can tell that might be 'new' is that she was pulled into one of the doors, hit over the head, and then raped (in that sequence?). And the blanket is believed to belong to the perp.

(ETA - sorry if these have been posted before - this thread moves fast and with two young children, I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts.)

http://haber.gazetevatan.com/Haber/511281/1/Gundem

The part you are asking:

Police found out that from surveillance videos that she was walking on the seaside and she sees the historical door in cankurtaran and cross the road to take a photo.That time she had her coat on.

Not when she found so it is possible that she was murdered by homeless live in that area.

If it was a homeless man why would they want a woman's jacket, she was quit small from all accounts. Also why would the have not taken her jewelry. I know somewhere it was reported to be gold.

The part you are asking:

But again it begs the question why didn't they take her jewelry?

The part you are asking:

Thank you, lavy. Sorry if I missed that this had been posted before. I have two young children so I pop in here but don't always have time to read previous posts. Sorry about that! :seeya:

I agree we shouldn't overgeneralize. But in order to understand the facts, we have to make some categorizations of what went on and the people involved. I am speaking about the husband as an individual within a particular cultural context. I don't think there's anything wrong with basing my evaluations of what I think happened on what I perceive him to be. How else would we judge if not by our own observations and experiences and knowledge?

You perceive him to be a jealous and/or possessive latino man... based on what, though? He's given interviews. He's spoken about his wife. Others have spoken about him. We have information - we're not operating totally in the dark, with nothing else to inform our perceptions except his race.

Deductive reasoning works right up until it doesn't. You said you would have expected her husband not to want her to go because he was latino. Yet he clearly stated he was proud of her. That this was something she really wanted and he supported her. I guess I don't understand how the generalizations about his race outweigh his words and actions.

If it was a homeless man why would they want a woman's jacket, she was quit small from all accounts. Also why would the have not taken her jewelry. I know somewhere it was reported to be gold.

But again it begs the question why didn't they take her jewelry?

That's what I've wondered as well.

So what *is* missing?
- phone
- iPad
- jacket
- shoes...?
- anything else like credit cards/wallet? we know her DL was with her...

ETA - okay, I'm wondering if the jacket didn't come off in the struggle somewhere? And then someone saw it and took it? Same with the shoes, unless they're lying around somewhere. Other than that, it seems much more personal if the phone and iPad were taken b/c of what may have been on them. Or in a hurry to make it look like robbery (rings can be hard to remove sometimes - my wedding rings only come off with soap or lotion)

Can someone translate this page?

http://www.haber365.com/Haber/O_Gece_Birlikte_Olduk/25

I tried google and babelxl and it seems like there is some new info. This is the best I could get after comparing the two translations - please correct me if it's wrong: A video surveillance caught a woman (Sarai?) walking from the beach side over to the doors to take pictures. Her 'bomber' jacket is missing, which could mean that homeless people were involved.

Any validation to this interpretation would be greatly appreciated... TIA!

You want th whole thing? I think Lavy translated this.

During interrogation, Taylan says "we met the night before she disappeared and had sex."

Based on the security cam footage, police says that on Januaru 21st she walked along the coast until she spotted the historical Gate in Cankurtaran on the other side of the road and crossed the road.

Police believes the fact that her jacket's missing suggests the murder was committed by the homeless.

Email records are on the way. Apple will provide help on locating the devices.

I know really random things happen. But I just really don't see the homeless man theory. It's sounds to much like a folklore.

That's what I've wondered as well.

So what *is* missing?
- phone
- iPad
- jacket
- shoes...?
- anything else like credit cards/wallet? we know her DL was with her...

Didn't they say her medical cards, I'm assume insurance cards were left in the apartment? We really don't know about any wallet or cash that was taken. I dont believe they said whether her knapsack was taken either.

And if it was the homeless they obviously weren't looking for quick cash. Seriously, if your stuffing her body somewhere wouldn't you see the jewelry and think I could sell that and get some cash for food/drink/drugs.

Another site for any translators (lavy?) - the only thing that I can tell that might be 'new' is that she was pulled into one of the doors, hit over the head, and then raped (in that sequence?). And the blanket is believed to belong to the perp.

(ETA - sorry if these have been posted before - this thread moves fast and with two young children, I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts.)

http://haber.gazetevatan.com/Haber/511281/1/Gundem

The thread moves really fast sometimes.

It is an old one not sure that paragraph was translated.

Police thinks she was attacked whe she was there to take photos or to pee and pulled in and raped. First blow in the head and then raped.

Respectfully, intercourse in a bar rest room is a universal definition of infidelity I believe. I hope Sarai's husband is not left to deal with such knowledge along with his grief.

I have stated REPEATEDLY that I don't believe the sex in the bar bathroom story. I was referring to other people's opinions that her being somewhat flirty in Instagram exchanges as being incongruous with being happily married.

Yes, I would agree that 999 out of a 1000 people would concur that bathroom sex with a relative stranger is infidelity. (As for the 1 in 1000, I know some weird people. I'll leave it at that. ;) )

Hold on a sec. It says she crossed the road to take pictures. LE won't say that. They can't know that.

Ok, this is made up by the Press. The real statement should be "she walked till a certain spot (close to the gate) and crossed the road."

They get a bit and make up the rest.

The thread moves really fast sometimes.

It is an old one not sure that paragraph was translated.

Police thinks she was attacked whe she was there to take photos or to pee and pulled in and raped. First blow in the head and then raped.

Thanks - maybe I'll stop looking. Those of you who know Turkish are much better at weeding out the good/bad press out there and reporting back. I'll leave it to yall. :D

I know really random things happen. But I just really don't see the homeless man theory. It's sounds to much like a folklore.

I can see it happening. Shes taking pictures around the cave,gets tired, decides to sit and rest her feet at the cave.Takes her shoes off.Meanwhile,homeless man or men come back to their spot and find her there.They do not speak English,and maybe miscommunicate or who knows what happened from there.

Hold on a sec. It says she crossed the road to take pictures. LE won't say that. They can't know that.

Ok, this is made up by the Press. The real statement should be "she walked till a certain spot (close to the gate) and crossed the road."

I think they're trying to come up with a scenario based on the evidence. If she was on the beach side at one point, then she eventually ended up on the other side. They are probably coming up with a theory to fit it being a random/stranger abduction, IMO, and how it could have happened.

No I think thats their assumption. Its just that turkish press is starts with saying "police said that" and they they throw assumptions there. It is hard to decide which is which. My translation could be vague; I'm tired. (Not because of translating just generally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member