CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure. If in fact his phone stopped communicating on Sunday night, would that be proof that Dylan was "disappeared" Sunday night? I mean, enough to charge MR? Couldn't it also theoretically mean that his phone ceased working for good?(coincidental as that would be, in my view).

Now if that last text did not come from the house, that would be another issue, and should be enough to charge him, I would think, since he claimed they never left the house once they got there shortly after 8pm. That would make the whole evening a lie.

But I am not sure how specific the locale can be determined in such a rural area.

You're correct when you stated (his phone ceased working.)

<modsnip>

Any of the above could be why Dylan's cell phone stopped communicating <modsnip> November 18 2012, and has never communicated with any cell tower since.

Dylan was an avid texter, and all the sudden Dylan stopped texting Sunday night November 18 2012.

Just responding to your list

1. I had no idea this was a fact. Can you elaborate more.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129528/-1/news01&source=RSS

Battle may have been a strong word. However, imo, if a court order had to be obtained, it was not an agreement between parents. A court had to make a decision. I cannot imagine ER getting a court order forcing MR to take DR. So it seems logical the MR wanted DR for Thanksgiving.

It is all my opinion as to one theory. It's not my only theory. Just the basis for this one theory of premeditation.

What possible motive would cause Dylan not to plug the phone into the wall & use electricity?

Since when do you need a "motive" for not doing something? Sometimes when people are tired, they fall asleep. It's even happened to me a couple of times. MOO

Ronald, I'm gonna have to ask you for a link for that, because you're stating it as fact, and I haven't seen that confirmed.

Indeed. As far as I know, LE says the last communication - an outbound one - occurred at 9:37pm. If I recall correctly, they've said nothing definitively about that being the last tower ping.

What possible motive would cause Dylan not to plug the phone into the wall & use electricity?

As Dylan's phone was not a newer one, it's always possible that when the battery/phone died - it really did die. Dylan may well have thought he had a flat battery and placed it on charge - not realising that no amount of charging was going to power it up again. IIRC several posters (when this very subject was being discussed many threads back) had tales to tell of how their past phones had done this either due to old age or just for no known reason. It just happens.

Just responding to your list

1. I had no idea this was a fact. Can you elaborate more.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129528/-1/news01&source=RSS

Battle may have been a strong word. However, imo, if a court order had to be obtained, it was not an agreement between parents. A court had to make a decision. I cannot imagine ER getting a court order forcing MR to take DR. So it seems logical the MR wanted DR for Thanksgiving.

It is all my opinion as to one theory. It's not my only theory. Just the basis for this one theory of premeditation.

I'm pretty naive about how custody matters work. But since ER got primary custody when she moved, I thought the courts had a standard format that they follow for visitation. This would include where the child spends certain holidays. I suppose a parent can always ask for it to be modified though.

ER instituted the court order because she was moving away from the "home" court of record, La Plata County. Nothing wrong with that. AT that time shared custody (that was the norm) would no longer work since 5-6 hours away is too much to consider. AT that time visitation has to be considered for the other party ... dad (MR). Court can set up holiday visit(s), 6 weeks during the summer, Spring Break, Fall Break, etc. Normal and par for the course. IMO.

ETA: trying to fix the broken links.

Vanished ... WHEN? That's the key. Nothing you linked confirms any tower as stated above.

You've twisted this around, no one knows when Dylan vanished as you're referring.

I'm only speaking about the cell phone, not Dylan, just the cell phone that for some unknown reason stopped communicating with any cell tower Sunday night November 18 2012.

BBM
There are things in this case that sort of are like that, for me. They make me wonder was this premeditated? But, I in no way have that sense of certainty
that you felt in the Scott Peterson case.

1. Court battle to get Dylan for Thanksgiving Day Only because Elaine had moved and he wanted parenting time and it was the first holiday since the move.

2. The one way ticket (Wouldn't need round trip?) I had not heard anything about it being a one way ticket (Link please?) but if it was I had also heard possible plans for his brothers at Castle Rock which is close to Colorado Springs so he would have taken him back

3. No food in the house He had been gone on a work trip and was waiting for Dylan to find out what he wanted to eat.

4. No Thanksgiving plans He was waiting to ask Dylan what he'd like to do.

5. Appointments set for the very next morning (planned alibi?)Dylan was originally suppose to be there on Saturday so he didn't know when he made the plans that Dylan wasn't coming in til Sunday.

My opinion on those issues as to why I don't see them as Scott Peterson selling Lacie's vehicle in purple.

This model is what I have seen in most cases when parents divorce.

http://divorce.laws.com/child-visit...n-schedules/court-ordered-visitation-schedule

One common schedule for a non-custodial parent is a weekly schedule of alternate weekends. Sometimes the court-ordered visitation order will also allow one night a week, depending on the distance between the two parents' locations. A holiday schedule is usually created as part of a court-ordered visitation order. Visitation rights do allow for a parent to see their children on holidays, depending on the circumstances. Usually, the holidays are split between the parents. Holidays may also be switched on a yearly basis, with a child spending one Christmas with their custodial parent and the next years Christmas with the non-custodial parent. Usually the child is allowed to be with their mother on Mother's Day and their father on Father's Day. Vacations are other times that a child may spend a few weeks at a time with the non-custodial parent. Often, a visitation order allows for the non-custodial parent to have the child from two to four weeks, consecutively.

If someone known to either ER or MR took Dylan, for whatever outlandish reason, that person would have to, by now, be in a fairly desperate state of mind. How can he/she release him? Yet how can they "keep" a teenage boy forever? Is this person carrying on with work, or whatever their daily routine is, with Dylan locked in a basement?

Assuming some loose cannon took him without thinking it out; what happens now? Has this person managed to contain Dylan for over three months, or has Dylan been deceased for some time? Surely Dylan would object to being stolen from his life, friends, pets, family, etc.

If LE along with the FBI have been unable to track or identify such a person over a period of months, in what way could they still do so?

I do not think this scenario is at all likely, just for the record. But I suppose if it happened, the best case would be if Dylan can manage an escape.

I am really reaching to try to buy into this idea (along with the coincidence of his phone ceasing to be operational when he woke on Monday) but it does not work for me in any way. Unless I am completely wrong about LE, they have dug deeply into the lives of MR and ER, for anyone who knew of Dylan and his trip and where MR lived, etc. and it cannot be an endless list, IMO.

Why would he hike for hours? His father claims he was going to get him to his friends after coming home from his errands. Hike for hours makes no sense. He wouldn't make it to his friends any faster than waiting for a ride from his father.

I don't know. Makes no sense to me either. Just thought I would throw it in the possibilities pot. His not using a device that morning to call his friend is not in character and troublesome. Is there a landline phone at his father's home? It seems many these days have a communication device in their hands before their feet go from the bed to the floor, so why didn't Dylan that morning? I wonder if Dylan went to a neighbour's home to make a phone call, and ran into trouble along that way?

We don't know that the cell phone stopped pinging. We would VERY MUCH like to know that information. We would like to exactly when it stopped pinging and exactly which tower was last pinged. As far as I know, that information has not been released. All we know right know is that Dylan stopped communicating.

As soon as LE releases something about the pings, please link it if possible.

Thanks,

Salem

I don't know. Makes no sense to me either. Just thought I would throw it in the possibilities pot. His not using a device that morning to call his friend is not in character and troublesome. Is there a landline phone at his father's home? It seems many these days have a communication device in their hands before their feet go from the bed to the floor, so why didn't Dylan that morning? I wonder if Dylan went to a neighbour's home to make a phone call, and ran into trouble along that way?

There is a landline at MR's home.

If someone known to either ER or MR took Dylan, for whatever outlandish reason, that person would have to, by now, be in a fairly desperate state of mind. How can he/she release him? Yet how can they "keep" a teenage boy forever? Is this person carrying on with work, or whatever their daily routine is, with Dylan locked in a basement?

Assuming some loose cannon took him without thinking it out; what happens now? Has this person managed to contain Dylan for over three months, or has Dylan been deceased for some time? Surely Dylan would object to being stolen from his life, friends, pets, family, etc.

If LE along with the FBI have been unable to track or identify such a person over a period of months, in what way could they still do so?

I do not think this scenario is at all likely, just for the record. But I suppose if it happened, the best case would be if Dylan can manage an escape.

I am really reaching to try to buy into this idea (along with the coincidence of his phone ceasing to be operational when he woke on Monday) but it does not work for me in any way. Unless I am completely wrong about LE, they have dug deeply into the lives of MR and ER, for anyone who knew of Dylan and his trip and where MR lived, etc. and it cannot be an endless list, IMO.

I'm really not sure if he's still alive or not, but I don't believe there was any plan to kill him when he first disappeared. I do believe he could have been kept in a basement/cellar, spare/storage room, attic or something along those lines. It would also be possible to install a mini fridge and shelves with food for when the person can't be there to take care of him personally.

I personally don't believe his phone wasn't working, but I think he fell asleep without putting it on the charger, and was charging it when the person came by. I have theories about how Dylan is expected to be "found" but I can't go into any of them without pointing a finger at one person or another. MOO

This model is what I have seen in most cases when parents divorce.

One common schedule for a non-custodial parent is a weekly schedule of alternate weekends. Sometimes the court-ordered visitation order will also allow one night a week, depending on the distance between the two parents' locations. A holiday schedule is usually created as part of a court-ordered visitation order. Visitation rights do allow for a parent to see their children on holidays, depending on the circumstances. Usually, the holidays are split between the parents. Holidays may also be switched on a yearly basis, with a child spending one Christmas with their custodial parent and the next years Christmas with the non-custodial parent. Usually the child is allowed to be with their mother on Mother's Day and their father on Father's Day. Vacations are other times that a child may spend a few weeks at a time with the non-custodial parent. Often, a visitation order allows for the non-custodial parent to have the child from two to four weeks, consecutively.

http://divorce.laws.com/child-visit...n-schedules/court-ordered-visitation-schedule

I think that is pretty standard. It's designed to try to give fair parenting time to both parents. Had Mark been the one who petitioned for primary custody and gotten it, no one would see a problem with Elaine wanting parenting time with their son for some of the holidays. Elaine moved. Elaine had to go to court to get the order changed from shared custody to primary custody. Mark had to go to court (probably under the same petition) to get his parenting time since Dylan was leaving the immediate area.

Both my children are divorced and both have been through custody issues. And the primary custody parent gets every other holiday, the non custodial parent gets every other holiday. Because with my daughter, she lived in a different state than the ex, he got a couple of week every summer also since he couldn't see them every other weekend. My son has joint custody with his ex. One week with mom, one with dad. They alternate every other holiday. Each parents gets the child for a week at a time. Both parents live in the children's school district.

I don't see why parenting time is such a big deal, it's only fair for the kids that both their parents be in their lives. Unless they are an axe murderer. IMO

I'm really not sure if he's still alive or not, but I don't believe there was any plan to kill him when he first disappeared.

This thought always makes me sad. I work so hard to come up with scenerios in which Dylan is NOT dead. I know it's possible and the longer this goes on it's more likely, but I don't want to go there. There honestly are some really good scenerios in which Dylan is alive and well. IMO. For his mother's sake I want this to be true.

I think that is pretty standard. It's designed to try to give fair parenting time to both parents. Had Mark been the one who petitioned for primary custody and gotten it, no one would see a problem with Elaine wanting parenting time with their son for some of the holidays. Elaine moved. Elaine had to go to court to get the order changed from shared custody to primary custody. Mark had to go to court (probably under the same petition) to get his parenting time since Dylan was leaving the immediate area.

Both my children are divorced and both have been through custody issues. And the primary custody parent gets every other holiday, the non custodial parent gets every other holiday. Because with my daughter, she lived in a different state than the ex, he got a couple of week every summer also since he couldn't see them every other weekend. My son has joint custody with his ex. One week with mom, one with dad. They alternate every other holiday. Each parents gets the child for a week at a time. Both parents live in the children's school district.

I don't see why parenting time is such a big deal, it's only fair for the kids that both their parents be in their lives. Unless they are an axe murderer. IMO

If it is true that these two have not so much as spoken in three years, I don't think anything is done between them without a court order. So not your run of the mill divorce, IMO.

I'm really not sure if he's still alive or not, but I don't believe there was any plan to kill him when he first disappeared. I do believe he could have been kept in a basement/cellar, spare/storage room, attic or something along those lines. It would also be possible to install a mini fridge and shelves with food for when the person can't be there to take care of him personally.

I personally don't believe his phone wasn't working, but I think he fell asleep without putting it on the charger, and was charging it when the person came by. I have theories about how Dylan is expected to be "found" but I can't go into any of them without pointing a finger at one person or another. MOO

Yes. If this were a calculated disappearance or killing and MR was behind it, it seems unlikely that it would occur on the first night. A more careful planning probably would have been to commit the act mid-stay or later. First day is way too suspicious for a planned act, IMO. If MR did it, it probably wasn't because of ER but instead out of sudden rage. Even this isn't likely if DR made it to the house because there would seemingly be evidence somewhere in the home, on the property, or in the autos. Not impossible to get rid of every shred of evidence, but very, very difficult if the act occurred suddenly and violently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel