CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@strangemercy ... have you somehow verified what kunibob says (re Dec 31) and that is why you have edited your above post to cross out what you said wrt the queuing and reblog on Feb 25?

Not trying to put anybody on the spot here. Honest !! :)
Still just trying to wrap my head around this whole tumblr account business .. i'm not quite as baffled as i was at the get-go though (didn't even know the word reblog last week, so old dog here is learning).

As for the Hermit card, if you go into the archive of the person she reblogged it from, it's actually from December 31st (not sure if I can link to it here?), so it's not quite so mysterious as it could be... I checked the other later outliers, and they pre-date Elisa's disappearance as well. It is odd that she assigned particular dates to them instead of just throwing them in her queue, but not so unlikely that it's cause for alarm, IMHO...

You're right, I just looked at the archive and it does date back to December 31st. I'm just wondering why on my dashboard (I have the Missing E plugin), it shows this. (Not sure if I'm allowed to link.)

I am one of the "doubting Thomases" wrt what are purported to be the queued posts, so i find your information ^^ particularly intriguing.

Maybe it's an inconsistency in the Tumblr plugin? It's normally accurate though, so I can't say for sure about it, but crossed it out just to avoid misguidance.

He didn't really know them.

Personally, I think the guy is a bit of a douche and a perv. "I worried someone had died. I hoped it was one of the parents because the girls were so lovely." Seems like he spent a lot of time at the restaurant staring at their daughters.

I agree. IIRC he even says her sister made him feel pervy!

The hermit makes sense to me--it's how she thought of herself. Despite her friendliness, she writes a lot about feelings of isolation.

I don't know yet if this information might be relevant but I would like to find out.

Is The Hermit her final post or among her final posts, that is there are no more posts in her tumblr queue waiting to come out? Is there a way to find this out?

I don't know yet if this information might be relevant but I would like to find out.

Is The Hermit her final post or among her final posts, that is there are no more posts in her tumblr queue waiting to come out? Is there a way to find this out?

Without logging into her account, there's no way to know what's in her queue. I'm sure the police can or have gotten into it, and Tumblr will give them the IP logs so the police will know where posts were posted from, though.

Edit: I meant to add that another post went up last night--a Virginia Woolf quote. The original poster posted it before Elisa's disappearance, so nothing necessarily fishy about it.

I've seen these photos people take in a bathroom mirror of themself and I never understand why they do that. Like here I am in my bathroom with a phone up to my face.
This one is the most peculiar yet. She is indoors and has her rainslicker on,
hood up, phone over face. If you didn't "know" who it was supposed to be,
you would not recognise the face.
Maybe it's so she doesn't upstage her blue phone since that and the bathroom, and her outerwear are what are actually being photographed.
It's what I would call an oops and wouldn't post. But she uploaded it anyway.

Is this the grim reaper pic I'd predicted?

I know people will take offense at that, but I am just giving my honest opinion.

Has anyone confirmed that nouvelle/nouveau was not associated with EL yet? Had it been reinstated that it 'does' actually belong to her? I noticed a while back that the account was recently used two days ago to reblog "IX, THE HERMIT". If this is true, then the Ontario photograph may not be of her.
I wouldn't bother skimming through nouvelle/nouveau if she had a facebook, which she does. I looked through a few tagged photos and debated on whether or not I should leak them. But none of her photos contained anything useful internally. However, from her comments dating back in '08 to recent, she didn't appear at all to be schizoaffective or mentally unstable/depressed. In fact, she appeared to be very sociable and enthusiastic (according to her close friends).

Still on page 5, but skipping ahead to ask a couple questions/point something out.

Given that the tank is right on the edge of the building, I wondered why we didn't see water spilling over the edge when they cut that big hole in the tank.

If the tank was already empty, why would they have flushed water that could potentially contain evidence (DNA or otherwise)?

Do you think the police collected the water before the fire department showed up? I thought it was odd, too, that some water was left in the tank.

Everyone is making great points: no masks on the firemen, no obvious putrification in the hotel water, no police shutting down the hotel or even blocking off the tank.

This case is so puzzling. Poor Elisa. :(

There is nothing odd here. The tank was drained before the hole was cut. Police were likely to have collected some of the water. It was not necessary to drain the water below the hole to retrieve the body. What disease can one get from breathing the contaminated water that one has to wear a mask? Police have finished their investigation at the tank and rooftop, why should there be a need to continue blocking the area?

Elisa Lam Video - YouTube

1:30
The suspect gives Elisa exactly 20-seconds to leave the 14th floor, but she keeps pressing the "HOLD DOOR" button thinking it reads, "CLOSE DOOR". The suspect, not being able to see which buttons she's pressing, believes this confirms Elisa as being a threat.

If this is correct, what do you believe the chances are the suspect wears a wristwatch?

The Hotel is lax with security. The only cameras are in both elevators. There are no functional cameras in the hallways.

If this is true, what is the probability that the last time EL is seen by an elevator camera, it is also the exact moment that she meets her killer?

The Hotel is lax with security. The only cameras are in both elevators. There are no functional cameras in the hallways.

If this is true, what is the probability that the last time EL is seen by an elevator camera, it is also the exact moment that she meets her killer?

The chance is very small, I know, but in this case I really think that's exactly what's happening here.

If the suspect wears a wristwatch, then he probably wears it on his left wrist, which is the hand I believe he uses to grab Elisa's hair. If this is true, there may be DNA evidence located in the watch.

To demystify the surveillance footage, given the courtesy by the LAPD, it could also show (in theory) that she may have just been communicating with hotel residence/maintenance corresponding the issues with the elevators (http://prntscr.com/up68h). I wouldn't dwell on it, most of it has been demonized by corporate media and other media fear mongers. There is no reason to believe she was confronted by the suspect during/prior to the footage.

How can you tell it's been edited? I just watched it again and it doesn't look edited to me...

There are 3 jump cuts in the timer on the bottom left starting at 2:54. There have been many prior posts speculating on these edits.

Elisa's university profile

I'm assuming that is hers & that you guys have seen it. I just haven't seen it posted so here it is just in case. Also it only has 396 hits. There is not much content there at all, unfortunately.

If that is her, it looks like she was going to study psychology, or at least it says that one of her research interests is psychology. She probably wanted to help others based on her experiences with mental illness. She also added herself to the arts department which seems to match with, well her interest in art.

I am just using my search engine skills (lol hardly) to find any instance of her on the web that isn't related to her tragic death... I and many others are interested in who she was in life, as opposed to only being interested in her death. Sorry if I am not expressing myself well.

Just for clarity's sake, the reason she added herself to the arts department is that at UBC psychology is under the Faculty of Arts. 'Arts', in Canadian colleges at least, tends to cover what I've heard referred to as the 'liberal arts' on the other side of the border--social sciences and humanities, the subjects that lead to a Bachelor of Arts degree. Art art, like painting, drawing, creative writing, etc, is usually classified under 'Fine Arts' (and lead to a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree). I know I've read something about her being a psych major, so I think that is her.

(Hi. I've been lurking for a while, but I thought I'd register for this one. I'm a Vancouverite and I work at UBC, so Elisa's case struck a real chord with me.)

If the suspect wears a wristwatch, then he probably wears it on his left wrist, which is the hand I believe he uses to grab Elisa's hair. If this is true, there may be DNA evidence located in the watch.
On this site and page/pages they are showing a photograph with a wristwatch and comparing it with that picture of a girl with a camera in a shower cabin:
http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-92.shtml

But I think it is a fake. On that picture you can see an articel on the right ("Dad´s stay at the haunted hotel") computer screen which is shown on the same site...at page 55: http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-55.shtml

To demystify the surveillance footage, given the courtesy by the LAPD, it could also show (in theory) that she may have just been communicating with hotel residence/maintenance corresponding the issues with the elevators (http://prntscr.com/up68h). I wouldn't dwell on it, most of it has been demonized by corporate media and other media fear mongers. There is no reason to believe she was confronted by the suspect during/prior to the footage.

It would help narrow down the possibilities a lot if LAPD can reveal whether they know or not she was talking to someone, and also clarify some nagging questions.

Why has there not been a conference to update the public? My suspicion is that the police has too strange a case on their hands that they are not able to provide answers yet. It struck me that they used the words "strange accident" right early in the case.

Has anyone confirmed that nouvelle/nouveau was not associated with EL yet? Had it been reinstated that it 'does' actually belong to her? I noticed a while back that the account was recently used two days ago to reblog "IX, THE HERMIT". If this is true, then the Ontario photograph may not be of her.
I wouldn't bother skimming through nouvelle/nouveau if she had a facebook, which she does. I looked through a few tagged photos and debated on whether or not I should leak them. But none of her photos contained anything useful internally. However, from her comments dating back in '08 to recent, she didn't appear at all to be schizoaffective or mentally unstable/depressed. In fact, she appeared to be very sociable and enthusiastic (according to her close friends).

She wrote in her old blog that nouvelle / nouveau is her new blog, and wrote that she was taking a number of medications to help maintain her sanity.

This reddit was referenced earlier about her behavior:

Update 2 Her close friends are saying that she had mental problems and speculated scizophrenia, I don't know why the parents and police didn't come out with this, they could have had a better strategy and brought in mental health professionals.

I'll leave you a quote from a redditor, miji_838 who was her close friend.

I don't know exactly what kind of mental problems she had, but I and her close friends know that she had some strange episodes before ( and she has disappeared before too). However,her family was always reluctant to talk about her problems like in this case when they refused to release any information regarding her mental problems. Once we found out that she was going though some therapy for 3 weeks and she has regular depressions. I didn't talk to her for a year so I didn't know why she was going to LA. I suspect it is connected to schizophrenia or some mental problems rather than recreation drug use. She was traveling alone and it is suspicious too...

The video is the only real evidence that we have. If we discredit that, then we've nothing.

How come in the Tumblr post with the picture of her 5 prescriptions she only mentions 4 of them by name? (iirc, Lamictal, some form of Adderall, I forget the other two) I need to find that exact Tumblr blog again and identify the pills, unless someone else already has.

Btw I am not suggesting anything here, just curious.

Eta: Nevermind! Both the red and the pink pills are generic Effexor. Pinks are 75s, reds are 150s. I thought by "pink and red pill" she meant the pink one with red writing. This was bugging me.

The video is the only real evidence that we have. If we discredit that, then we've nothing.

Maybe the answer is in the "hold door" button. Hold door buttons that I've seen only work for as long as you keep the button pressed. Does the Cecil button hold the door for so long only when all the buttons in the middle row are pushed? If it does, then how many people know of this trick? Staff and security, or just security? How did EL come to find it out...

How come in the Tumblr post with the picture of her 5 prescriptions she only mentions 4 of them by name? (iirc, Lamictal, some form of Adderall, I forget the other two) I need to find that exact Tumblr blog again and identify the pills, unless someone else already has.

Btw I am not suggesting anything here, just curious.

Eta: Nevermind! Both the red and the pink pills are generic Effexor. Pinks are 75s, reds are 150s. I thought by "pink and red pill" she meant the pink one with red writing. This was bugging me.

So what was the list and what symptoms were they treating?

Maybe the answer is in the "hold door" button. Hold door buttons that I've seen only work for as long as you keep the button pressed. Does the Cecil button hold the door for so long only when all the buttons in the middle row are pushed? If it does, then how many people know of this trick? Staff and security, or just security? How did EL come to find it out...

Doesn't the "hold door" button work as long as it's not manually deactivated/disabled? You would have at least to push it twice, one time to actually hold the door and a second time to close it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjael