General Discussion #7

Great Post, Thinkoflaura. I do get frustrated by the wait, but you have pointed out some good, valid, reasons as to why an arrest maybe taking so long. I feel somewhat appeased by your post. Hopefully an airtight case is being made as we speak and an arrest is imminent!

Thank you so much for your insight and your post. It is really appreciated, especially now, with so little activity here.

I believe you are correct that not all forensic testing has been completed with the backlog at the State Testing Facility.

I also believe that since there had been a pretty big size trial going on in Durham, NC, in which Officer Early, one of the first to arrive at the scene on Ferrand, had to take the stand, and this trial being aired, from what I heard, LE is also juggling their manpower right now.

I still have complete faith that the LE in Durham, NC know what they are doing. This is not a city that doesn't have well-trained officers, and they have a lot of experience on their side. After the Michael Peterson (Peterson East) trial, they are, I believe, even more careful to dot their I's and cross their T's.

Regarding the Wilbanks fiasco, I doubt highly that this woman realized the stir she created would cause real cases, such as the Murders of Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa and her unborn child, to take such a back seat to her seemingly careless negligent act in the media. I do however, shudder when I hear her name, or think back and realize the amount of time I spent hoping for word of her safe return.

I believe that LE will eventually get the cold-blooded murderer of Janet and her unborn child.

ToL--It's always good to see you back here. And your post is very insightful too.

I think that DNA is going to be very difficult in this case--unless it's blaring--because Raven lived in that house too. I think that DNA would only help in proving that someone else was in the house that evening. And if that's the truth, I think that Raven would have been cleared by now--but he's not, so it tells me he's still the main POI.

Hi, Jenni,
I believe various experts will be able to piece together a comprehensive case from her complete autopsy ( which I don't think has been released to the public, correct?) and forensic testing, along with ALL of the E- trails and other proveable FUs Raven has made and subsequently tried to erase.

Proving motive is not necessary, but jurors do tend to convict based upon a proven and believable motive. Again, the KISS principle. Most jurors are not well- versed on BLOGS, DNA, or the Mormon church doctrines ( which may come into play at some point re: the pregnancy). This case seems to be pretty heavy on potential to prove motive, IMO. For example:
An accurate timeline which blows his alibi to he!! ( but alone is not enough to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt).
A database search which produces evidence and dates of multiple or large life insurance policy( ies) on Janet.
A clear and detailed timeline of his financial woes. ( We know this is proveable already).

As far as the DNA and physical evidence testing goes, from what bits I know, the presence of Janet's blood or other body fluids at the crimescene co-mingled with DNA from a second source, including Raven's, would be a jackpot. In saying this, I am referring to a blood, saliva, sweat, or urine droplet of Janet's co-mingled with a blood, saliva or sweat droplet belonging to someone else. I added urine because the bladder sometimes releases urine at the time of death.
We know she didn't kill herself, so there IS evidence in tiny layers from the crimescene. Hopefully, it was correctly collected, is or was correctly tested and professionally interpreted. These factors produce successful prosecution when the owner of the second DNA sample is identifiable. This goes back to the first statement released by LE that the murder was NOT a random act. The statement gives much weight to the promise that co-mingled DNA from the crimescene will not belong to a random stranger with no DNA on file.

We don't know if all of Raven's clothing tested negative for blood. We don't know the entire story about evidence collected beside the stream near the house. We ALSO don't know if any trace blood evidence was collected or found on Kaiden. If Janet's blood was found on or around Kaiden, but not on Raven by the time LE was called to the scene, it points heavily to his lying about what he did and when. He could very well have transferred minute traces of blood to Kaiden's skin, clothing, carpeting or bedding if he picked him up or went into the room before he had cleaned up.
In a recent murder case, blood was found on the inside of the husband's sport shoe shoelace eyelets. The crime lab literally took the shoes apart and found the deceased wife's blood where it was not washed off with bleach and water.

We don't know what testing of all the knives collected showed. We don't know anything about the co-workers alarmed about Janet, her communications to them at work or from home, to the best of my knowledge.

We don't know so much more than we do know..
I choose to believe this is because the case has NOT been a high profile case, so the media has not gotten and distributed leaked crimescene info.
Same goes for her family. They are not media hounds, thankfully.

The only person in Janet's world who loved attention is sneaking around the country, and he ain't talkin'.

Again, Great Post, I think you are right, there are more things we do not know than we know.

I just hope that everything was collected as efficiently as you described, ToL. Because it would be a shame if they are missing that little tiny piece of DNA or whatever that could have been collected and screamed GUILTY! Oh, wait, everything else already does!!!

terminatrixator said:
Again, Great Post, I think you are right, there are more things we do not know than we know.
..i do agree...TOL has posted some good insight ---but again----there are so many things that we do NOT know--------and that 's where i feel friends of raven come in------they KNOW what he was like at the time----and what he's feeling/going through now---------

.. 'feelings' are huge---------i'd welcome what any of his friends had to contribute , i think it would be valuable info at this point.

No news when searching for "Raven Abaroa". I did, however, get results for a book titled "Corrupt Cities", an article about Saddam Hussein, and something titled "Traveling to Bolivia?"

Wanted to share ...

Poetry 180 - End of April

End of April

Phillis Levin

Under a cherry tree
I found a robin’s egg,
broken, but not shattered.

I had been thinking of you,
and was kneeling in the grass
among fallen blossoms

when I saw it: a blue scrap,
a delicate toy, as light
as confetti

It didn’t seem real,
but nature will do such things
from time to time.

I looked inside:
it was glistening, hollow,
a perfect shell

except for the missing crown,
which made it possible
to look inside.

What had been there
is gone now
and lives in my heart

where, periodically,
it opens up its wings,
tearing me apart.

Actually I received a Google Alert on Raven Abaroa and thought I would share with you. Besides the normal Now Defunct Myspace account which is now a sex site, which is irritating in itself, I received an alert from the December 9th standings.

Yes Raven, you are nothing more to me than a Google Alert and a monster and I wish you didn't put us in the position of even knowing your name.

Back to my point, I clicked on the link and actually Raven did not show up on there. I thought he was on Mulletproof and perhaps because of the publicity on Websleuths, they either decided not to announce Mulletproof's scores anymore, they dropped out, or they changed their name.

Just thought I'd share.

Trix
--------
MENS B
RAVEN ABAROA, REGULATERS, 8, 0, 8. ANTONIO VILLALPANDO, TURF DIGGERS, 6,
2, 8. TRAVIS WINN, SUMMIT SATELLITE, 6, 2, 8 ...

<http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/Main/Locations/TIMPANOGOS/std/MB.htm>

JerseyGirl said:
Wanted to share ...

Poetry 180 - End of April

End of April

Phillis Levin

Under a cherry tree
I found a robin’s egg,
broken, but not shattered.

I had been thinking of you,
and was kneeling in the grass
among fallen blossoms

when I saw it: a blue scrap,
a delicate toy, as light
as confetti

It didn’t seem real,
but nature will do such things
from time to time.

I looked inside:
it was glistening, hollow,
a perfect shell

except for the missing crown,
which made it possible
to look inside.

What had been there
is gone now
and lives in my heart

where, periodically,
it opens up its wings,
tearing me apart.
Wow, JG, how beautiful and sad this poem really is. Thank you for sharing with us.

The Durham News | Around Town

Mapping the Violence
Homicides in 2005

By SAMIHA KHANNA, Staff Writer

Here is a list of the homicides in Durham in 2005. Numbers correspond with the map above...

12. APRIL 26: Janet M. Abaroa, 25, stabbed to death in her home at 2606 Ferrand Drive. She was pregnant. No arrests...

I was just doing some random searches to see if there was any news on the case, and I came across this link. I don't want to click it and don't suggest that any of you do either unless you know what you're doing, (just in case).

[PDF] Life Line August 2002
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Your browser may not have a PDF reader available. Google recommends visiting our text version of this document.
Karyn Abaroa-Bolton*. Kathy Cameron*. Katrina Tran*. Keith & Cheryl Wunderlich*
... Kuipers • Sharon Dawson • Sharon Lancaster • Shiloh Marketing • ...
https://lifeforce-intl.com/ pdfs/international/newsletters/Aug02.pdf - Similar pages

What's intrigued me is that Karyn Abaroa-Bolton is Raven's mother and Shiloh is his sister. Notice "Shiloh Marketing" in the link. Is this a legitimate marketing company or is this something that was "made up", if you will, as part of some get-rich-quick scheme? Also, notice the name Katrina Tran ... wasn't Shiloh listed as Katrina at Classmates.com or am I remembering incorrectly after all of this time?

I don't know what this means, (if anything), but it jumped out at me so I figured I'd share it with my fellow sleuthers. :)

Okay, I found it - the name was Treena, not Katrina. But Treena could be a nickname for Katrina. :waitasec: They do all seem to have a dozen variations of their chosen names.

Anyway, here's the original post by PrayersForMaura:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
Ok, this is odd... I went to classmates.com and found abaroa's profile and clicked on the school he went to and it brought up his sister, shiloh abaroa... but when I cliecked on her name, it listed "treena smith" as her name.

And the reply from ThinkOfLaura:

YES, there are 2 proper surnames for the " Abaroa" children and half-siblings. One is Peters, the other Smith. Go back to the initial threads, and you will see that all of the children had either an S or a P in their names before " Abaroa".

JerseyGirl said:
What's intrigued me is that Karyn Abaroa-Bolton is Raven's mother and Shiloh is his sister. Notice "Shiloh Marketing" in the link. Is this a legitimate marketing company or is this something that was "made up", if you will, as part of some get-rich-quick scheme?
Very interesting JG. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's some made up company.

JerseyGirl said:
The Durham News | Around Town

Mapping the Violence
Homicides in 2005

By SAMIHA KHANNA, Staff Writer

Here is a list of the homicides in Durham in 2005. Numbers correspond with the map above...

12. APRIL 26: Janet M. Abaroa, 25, stabbed to death in her home at 2606 Ferrand Drive. She was pregnant. No arrests...
Interesting article.

2 unsolved murders - beatup or pushed
6 unsolved murders - shot
4 unsolved murders - drug related
and 1 unsolved murder - stabbing!!

Janet's the only unsolved case that was a stabbing....

NCBanker said:
Just saw on the news that a non-profit organization has put together a $5000 tipster reward on Janet's case. They showed a picture of her, the crime scene, and then flashed a picture of Raven and the baby. They repeated that law enforcement doesn't believe the case is random. So is law enforcement just waiting for Raven to step forward and admit that he did it before they have enough evidence to charge him??!!?? This nonsense has gone on long enough!
Join in our frustration NCB! I think they are looking for a former fling/girlfriend/lover whatever to step forward. He's got to have said something to someone.

I just think there must be just ONE MORE THING they need for this case...one more piece of evidence? HARD evidence? Do they have the weapon? I don't know...

However frustrating it is for us, maybe they're afraid to have the same appeal issues that were involved in the Michael Peterson case. I just have to believe that may be the reason why it's taking so long.

My 2 cents...just keeping the faith for JUSTICE FOR JANET, KAIDEN & HER UNBORN BABY

JerseyGirl said:
Okay, I found it - the name was Treena, not Katrina. But Treena could be a nickname for Katrina. :waitasec: They do all seem to have a dozen variations of their chosen names.

Anyway, here's the original post by PrayersForMaura:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
Ok, this is odd... I went to classmates.com and found abaroa's profile and clicked on the school he went to and it brought up his sister, shiloh abaroa... but when I cliecked on her name, it listed "treena smith" as her name.

And the reply from ThinkOfLaura:

YES, there are 2 proper surnames for the " Abaroa" children and half-siblings. One is Peters, the other Smith. Go back to the initial threads, and you will see that all of the children had either an S or a P in their names before " Abaroa".
So basically they are walking around with several names right now, and can use them at will? Must be nice!

JerseyGirl said:
I was just doing some random searches to see if there was any news on the case, and I came across this link. I don't want to click it and don't suggest that any of you do either unless you know what you're doing, (just in case).

[PDF] Life Line August 2002
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Your browser may not have a PDF reader available. Google recommends visiting our text version of this document.
Karyn Abaroa-Bolton*. Kathy Cameron*. Katrina Tran*. Keith & Cheryl Wunderlich*
... Kuipers • Sharon Dawson • Sharon Lancaster • Shiloh Marketing • ...
https://lifeforce-intl.com/ pdfs/international/newsletters/Aug02.pdf - Similar pages

What's intrigued me is that Karyn Abaroa-Bolton is Raven's mother and Shiloh is his sister. Notice "Shiloh Marketing" in the link. Is this a legitimate marketing company or is this something that was "made up", if you will, as part of some get-rich-quick scheme? Also, notice the name Katrina Tran ... wasn't Shiloh listed as Katrina at Classmates.com or am I remembering incorrectly after all of this time?

I don't know what this means, (if anything), but it jumped out at me so I figured I'd share it with my fellow sleuthers. :)
This seems like another get rich scam to me, I don't know but I read the site, and there's more about Testimony of their products, and getting rich than about the products themselves. It reminds me of the old pyramid schemes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back