NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
along with the other new member I hope to shed a light on information not known before and be able to clear up any confusion there might be. So far I have been able to read all threads. I am proud to help. Maybe we can get some resolution. I Loved SL like a sister. As I approach a milestone in age me at the beginning of April and SL at the end I wonder how these many years could have passed by without resolution.

Its an honour to know her through those who actually did
I think we will all feel better knowing who she was
And also understanding your love and friendship
Thank you

These drove me nuts in the beginning – here are some more…

Bbm: bolded by me
IIRC: if I recall
TOS: terms of service
OT: off topic
MSM: main stream media
POI: person of interest
MO modus operandi
PR: police report
ADA: Asst. District Attny
Moo, imo, jmo, mho: my own opinion - & variations

ETA ??? (I don’t know)

If credence were to be assigned to the box next to publicity then this would be supporting material to the belief that has been accepted for 30+ years.

Historical cases reveal this to be a yellow flag.

Thirty years is a long time. Thirty years of investigation is a long time.

According to the report issued by LE - well,it speaks for itself.

BBM1 (the whole paragraph really): You do a really good job of conjuring up the time and issues. This was a really big theme of TV shows in the 70s and 80s. Do you remember?

BBM2: Love this as a title :)

Along the lines you and Odyssey are discussing, I wonder, couldn't we also post something in the comments on the NamUs page, where there's already some chatter about people knowing Sylvia from Tottenville High School -- like a classified ad? Maybe something like this:

"Do you remember Sylvia Lwowski (Tottenville High School class of 1971)? We are a group of caring, amateur sleuths, attempting to put the pieces of Sylvia's story together in order to understand how and why she disappeared in Sept. 1975, and we need your help. What do you remember about who Sylvia was as a person? What was going on in her life when she vanished? Visit our web-based forum (link) and read the ongoing discussion about Sylvia's disappearance. If you decide you'd like to contribute, just register (involves picking a screen name and password) and chime in (participation is free and anonymous)! (Once you register, you also have the option of privately messaging any one of the posters.) Please pass this along to anyone you know who knew Sylvia. Thanks."

Just putting it out there as a starting point ....

--Thought I’d bring this picture forward, today. Of the three pictures of Sylvia, this is my favorite. I have been looking at the three pictures searching for clues – I see a vibrant young woman in this one. --A moment captured that conveys that inner light. Sylvia is a natural beauty. I wonder when the photo was taken. What was going on in her life then? She is so attractive, I would guess many suitors? Did she like school? Did she like sports? She must have loved being in the band. Music is a kind of salvation, a place to be in the “now”. What was her favorite music, back then? What were her hopes and dreams? --Be a mother and have kids? Did she want to travel? Staten Island is full of natural wonders – was she a nature girl? --Or a city girl?

As I think back to my early twenties, I was so undecided about any kind of direction. But I remember having lots of company. -Just get an education and get a job and get away! Not like today where you have your career picked out in kindergarten, practically and streamlined by 8th grade! I think it was also a time where generations were intersected as they tried to make sense out of the cultural change all around.

So, as I look at the pictures of Sylvia, I see perhaps the free spirited child of the times in this picture and this is where I feel a connection.

There are so many questions in her case as a missing person but at the center of it, there is Sylvia’s essence, her individuality, and her spirit. I find myself wanting to know about these things more than anything else. --Because there was a beginning before the mystery. --And, because there was light before the uncertainty.

Attachments

• Sylvia Lwowski --.jpg
    Sylvia Lwowski --.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 22
Did Sylvia or her family have roots in Pennsylvania, as well?

Its an honour to know her through those who actually did
I think we will all feel better knowing who she was
And also understanding your love and friendship
Thank you

I penned a really long history LN and through some computer issues mine went off before I could post.

Having company for the holiday this weekend so I'll not be able to spend the time I would like. I'll be checking in on and off.

SL; a very tallented young woman. Pets, music and art come to mind. The love of nature and the outdoors. A girly girl and a tomboy all in one package. Beautiful smile. Shy and reserved. Well thought out replies before speaking. She would have proven to be a real proverbs 31 woman. Talents beyond expectations. Not boastful or prideful.

--Thought I’d bring this picture forward, today. Of the three pictures of Sylvia, this is my favorite. I have been looking at the three pictures searching for clues – I see a vibrant young woman in this one. --A moment captured that conveys that inner light. Sylvia is a natural beauty. I wonder when the photo was taken. What was going on in her life then? She is so attractive, I would guess many suitors? Did she like school? Did she like sports? She must have loved being in the band. Music is a kind of salvation, a place to be in the “now”. What was her favorite music, back then? What were her hopes and dreams? --Be a mother and have kids? Did she want to travel? Staten Island is full of natural wonders – was she a nature girl? --Or a city girl?

As I think back to my early twenties, I was so undecided about any kind of direction. But I remember having lots of company. -Just get an education and get a job and get away! Not like today where you have your career picked out in kindergarten, practically and streamlined by 8th grade! I think it was also a time where generations were intersected as they tried to make sense out of the cultural change all around.

So, as I look at the pictures of Sylvia, I see perhaps the free spirited child of the times in this picture and this is where I feel a connection.

There are so many questions in her case as a missing person but at the center of it, there is Sylvia’s essence, her individuality, and her spirit. I find myself wanting to know about these things more than anything else. --Because there was a beginning before the mystery. --And, because there was light before the uncertainty.

Believe the phot was taken for College YB.

I penned a really long history LN and through some computer issues mine went off before I could post.

Having company for the holiday this weekend so I'll not be able to spend the time I would like. I'll be checking in on and off.

SL; a very tallented young woman. Pets, music and art come to mind. The love of nature and the outdoors. A girly girl and a tomboy all in one package. Beautiful smile. Shy and reserved. Well thought out replies before speaking. She would have proven to be a real proverbs 31 woman. Talents beyond expectations. Not boastful or prideful.

We appreciate it
I am having forum issues today
Slow to refresh or doesn't refresh at all

Do you know if she was depressed at the time of her disappearance? Or why they wouldn't have wanted any publicity about her being missing?

We appreciate it
I am having forum issues today
Slow to refresh or doesn't refresh at all

Long bike rides from home to GK park, now called Gateway Park I think. Spending time at the beach. Using a saneing net(not sure of the spelling) to gather specimens for salt water tank. I remember collecting these tiny sea horses in the net. Next I knew they were her new pets in the tank. Walking on the beach at low tide getting squirted by the piss clams in the sand. If not the actual name, it was a well suited name by far.

As a young girl in Jr. HS a pension for badmitton. We used to play the teachers back then in doubles. We won several matches. LOL Then we'd switch and she would be with one of the teachers. I remember how embarrased she was when the teacher said you get it and she instead of hitting the birdie hit the teacher in the behind with a thwat! I rolled on the floor laughing and you could have cooked an egg on her face it turned so red.

I hope I can. As I am new to some of the terms you use and the abbreviations what does LE mean? Then maybe I can answer the question.

sorry about that I do not know them all either..

Long bike rides from home to GK park, now called Gateway Park I think. Spending time at the beach. Using a saneing net(not sure of the spelling) to gather specimens for salt water tank. I remember collecting these tiny sea horses in the net. Next I knew they were her new pets in the tank. Walking on the beach at low tide getting squirted by the piss clams in the sand. If not the actual name, it was a well suited name by far.

As a young girl in Jr. HS a pension for badmitton. We used to play the teachers back then in doubles. We won several matches. LOL Then we'd switch and she would be with one of the teachers. I remember how embarrased she was when the teacher said you get it and she instead of hitting the birdie hit the teacher in the behind with a thwat! I rolled on the floor laughing and you could have cooked an egg on her face it turned so red.[/QUOTE]

LOL, fabulous story
Thank you for sharing your memories
It makes her so real, as she should be

Do you know if she was depressed at the time of her disappearance? Or why they wouldn't have wanted any publicity about her being missing?

A bit of history with this answer. Father met mother in Germany where he was stationed. She had a tatoo'd number on her arm.

LE was not her friend back in GE. Trust issues in my mind. Her mother said she did not want to label SL as unstable or attract undue attention to a possible return. Might hinder her higher education or job prospects if a full blown media attack was forthcoming. At the time I probably agreed. Now, as the saying goes hind sight is 20-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya