a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random rant: I believe these jurors are going to base the bulk of their decision their own perceptions of JA as opposed to what experts have to say about her.

She has already lied to this jury under oath in answering jury questions.Thus, her credibility is zilch, and at that point, who cares what an "expert" has to say about her "actions" or "state of mind?"

IMO, these jurors don't need a middle man to decipher JA's motives, psyche, etc. They can figure that out for themselves.

PLUS they will make their decision on the crime scene alone which, imo, tells the majority of the story.

The rental car guy said the car she rented had a strong smoke smell when she returned it. She likely burned them and guarded them as they burned. One of those metal trash cans found at campgrounds would have worked well for that if nobody else was there.

Wish he'd been more specific - smoke as in cigarettes, kerosene?

I figured that was why JM brought up the fact that JA had made 2 CASH deposits at Chase (he showed the receipts) while she was on her "road trip". I think that's also why he kept asking her how much cash she took with her (no more than $200), because I believe that close to $1,000 was deposited in cash to her 2 bank accounts.

So where else did the cash come from on the road except from Travis?

Would Travis have already taken money out of the bank to go to Cancun and they have bank records indicating such?

Neither can the fact that in 18 days of testimony she "broke down" three times' twice very briefly and unconvincingly and the third, hiding behind her hair and hands without a tear in sight...Just a couple of kleenex's dabbing and pinching her nose.

A very, very cold person who is not even very good at faking real emotion no matter how much she has tried.

moo

I couldn't agree more which is one of the reasons why I believe this cold, shallow, unfeeling, devious, violent, lying, perverse creature should never be allowed back into society. :what:

Okay, I took pics from a youtube video, HLN video and added my twist on things - so for what it is worth (approximately, :twocents: on a good day!) here is my theory (major part of it anyway) on how it happened and how the pic got taken. Thanks to Mike Brooks and Vinnie for doing their demo as their video helped me show what I think.........and it is different than their demo! Links on pics at end of post, should anyone want them!
mytheorypart1.jpg

mytheorypart2.jpg

mytheorypart3.gif

Links:
Youtube demo of stranglehold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n38fLoH540Q#t=206s
HLN After Dark Video: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/29/hln-after-dark-jodi-lied-camera-web-full-clip
My past posts on this subject without pics! (Post below contains another link)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #24 *may contain graphic and adult content*

This cannot be lost on the Jury can it? They MUST be noticing the absence of emotions to and from Arias and her Mother??? This is VERY telling and I was just wondering if this might impact the Jury in any way?

I believe that Jodi looks around the room at people when the jury is out of the courtroom.

This weekend I watched all of the unedited police interrogation tapes on You Tube, posted by David Lohr. Very interesting!
When she is left alone, she will pick up the recording device and take it apart and put it back together, then at the end she practices writing a letter to Travis' grandmother with the right hand, and attempts to smuggle a couple of sheets of writing paper in her jail pants, but gets caught after the fact, and is shackled before leaving the room.

Originally Posted by Kaddy Wonders View Post
JM showed the gunshot to be last under cross. When he showed the hall-dragging picture he asked her,"You didn't have the camera with you when you shot him, right?" (That's right.) "So this (sliced-throat dragging) needed to have happened before you shot him, right?" Answer: "THAT'S CORRECT."

I don't. But I recorded that part and just watched it again. It is word for word.

I think it was this day -- but not sure which part of this day. All parts appear to be available on this person's youtube channel. I caught that and sure hope the jury did too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWZ5YCuLLgI

Can anyone tell me what's the point in putting that white board over the top of the projector?

Will you take an educated guess? In other trials I have watched, often due to overhead lighting they have to turn off or down the lights in the court room so the image can be seen without being washed out. My guess is that keeps the overhead lighting from washing out the exhibit.

Okay, I took pics from a youtube video, HLN video and added my twist on things - so for what it is worth (approximately, :twocents: on a good day!) here is my theory (major part of it anyway) on how it happened and how the pic got taken. Thanks to Mike Brooks and Vinnie for doing their demo as their video helped me show what I think.........and it is different than their demo! Links on pics at end of post, should anyone want them!
mytheorypart1.jpg

mytheorypart2.jpg

mytheorypart3.gif

Links:
Youtube demo of stranglehold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n38fLoH540Q#t=206s
HLN After Dark Video: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/29/hln-after-dark-jodi-lied-camera-web-full-clip
My past posts on this subject without pics! (Post below contains another link)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #24 *may contain graphic and adult content*

trying to follow this...you think she put Travis in a stranglehold before starting the murder? My brain is so fried right now I can't exactly make out this sequence..did Mike brooks toss out that theory?

Can anyone tell me what's the point in putting that white board over the top of the projector?

Will you take an educated guess? In other trials I have watched, often due to overhead lighting they have to turn off or down the lights in the court room so the image can be seen without being washed out. My guess is that keeps the overhead lighting from washing out the exhibit.

Specifically, it is to block the reflection of the ceiling lights on the glossy photo exhibits (e.g., crime scene & shower photos).

Regular paper exhibits are not affected by the ceiling lights, but it was really obvious when Nurmi did not use anything to shade the lights and was trying to show photos. Then when JM displayed the same exhibits during cross, they came up with the foamcore with packing tape to secure it to the top of the projector. (I think the AV tech guy is named MacGuyver.) ;)

trying to follow this...you think she put Travis in a stranglehold before starting the murder? My brain is so fried right now I can't exactly make out this sequence..did Mike brooks toss out that theory?

Question 1: Yes, I think it is possible she used the stranglehold martial arts move to subdue him initially possibly. A big hint to me was when she mentioned Bobby doing it to her and acting like 'she thought that was what it was called' yet mentions the bokken sword by name. Would explain how a 'tiny thing like her' overpowered a strong man. The compromised ability to fight back and the dazed look even.

Question 2: No Mike Brooks didn't have this theory - I just used his demo of how the accidental photos were taken as he showed what I have thought for a long time on the pic AND in his demo you see how if she were in the stranglehold position and holding the camera the pics could have been taken, especially the ceiling shot.

That makes perfect sense, educated guess or not! Thank you News Junkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx