Events since April 2004

Jenifred

I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
Reaction score
I was thinking that we could put together a timeline of significant events and Raven happenings since April 26th. I've been kind of hit-and-run lately, and I'm missing dates, so please feel free to fix them too. Please add as necessary and if you don't feel comfortable posting, pm me and I will post it.

April 26, 10:30--Raven arrives home
April 26/27, ??--goes to the pd to be questioned
April 27, ??--returns home and friend alerts Christiansens of Janet's death, calling it a suicide.
May ??-??--Buena Vista, VA for funeral/visiting friends
May ??--attends Memorial Service in Annandale, VA
May to ??--Stays with Christiansen family members
May ??--Volleyball tournament
Month of May--returns to Durham to collect belongings
??--Moves in with Karyn and Jim Bolten
??--Trip to Maine to (what was that called that he did?)
??--Starts working at Cingular
??--Fired from cingular
??--Starts working part-time at bike shop
October 17 (I think)--Returns to Buena Vista, VA for SVU's homecoming
October 24-31--Moab, for bikefest

Does anyone remember when Raven's various websites began to disappear?

06-14-2005, 07:49 AM
SouthEastSleuth
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_685110", true);

Ravenstree.com
I went to check on something at ravenstree.com this morning, and it seems that the site is no longer up and running.

Pocketpcguy.com no longer works either, but, the domain appears to have expired on that one..

The domain on ravenstree.com does not expire until 2011 if I remember correctly from Mr. A's WHOIS post.

So whatever reason - someone took the site down, there's a techinical difficulty, something.... the site is not active (or was not about 15 minutes ago, today).

This is a post from SES... and it looks like ravenstree went down around the 14th of June.

Thanks, guera for the help.

Now another question, does it fit in the timeline after he moved in with Mommy and step-daddy? Before Maine? I know it had to have been before he started at cingular.

May 7, 2005 - Funeral for Janet Marie Christiansen and her precious baby she was carrying.

June 3, 2005 -- Video surfaces showing Raven flashing his buck knife.

July 22, 2005 - Prosecutors offer deal on Embezzlement Charges

August 17, 2005 - News that police
secure warrant to search involved all online activity from accounts, between April 1 and May 16, 2005.

August 18, 2005 - Autopsy information released

August 23, 2005
- Raven pleads guilty to embezzlement (5 COUNTS)

Jenifred said:
May ??-??--Buena Vista, VA for funeral/visiting friends
May ??--attends Memorial Service in Annandale, VA
The funeral was Saturday, May 7th. The memorial was Monday, May 9th. The Sunday in between would have been Janet's first mother's day. I'm sure that was very difficult for her mother as well.

Woops sorry Guera, I decided to go in and edit my post so I could add more, thanks for the information though!

guera said:
The funeral was Saturday, May 7th. The memorial was Monday, May 9th. The Sunday in between would have been Janet's first mother's day. I'm sure that was very difficult for her mother as well.
That's right. Janet wasn't able to celebrate one Mother's Day, not one.:(

Quera, what did you hear about the funeral and memorial service? We've heard conflicting reports of how raven and his mother acted.

April 26, 10:30--Raven arrives home
April 26/27, ??--goes to the pd to be questioned
April 27, ??--returns home and friend alerts Christiansens of Janet's death, calling it a suicide.
May 6-7--Buena Vista, VA for funeral/visiting friends (anyone know how many days he spent in BV? I know it was longer than just the day of the funeral)
May 9--attends Memorial Service in Annandale, VA
May to ??--Stays with Christiansen family members
May ??--Volleyball tournament
Month of May--returns to Durham to collect belongings
June 3, 2005 -- Video surfaces showing Raven flashing his buck knife.
July 22, 2005 - Prosecutors offer deal on Embezzlement Charges
??--Moves in with Karyn and Jim Bolten
??--Trip to Maine to (what was that called that he did?)
??--Starts working at Cingular
??--Fired from cingular
August 17, 2005 - News that police secure warrant to search involved all online activity from accounts, between April 1 and May 16, 2005.
August 18, 2005 - Autopsy information released
August 23, 2005 - Raven pleads guilty to embezzlement (5 COUNTS)

??--Starts working part-time at bike shop
October 17 (I think)--Returns to Buena Vista, VA for SVU's homecoming
October 24-31--Moab, for bikefest

Alright, I am unsure if the things in orange (like the color?) are in the correct places. Let me know if someone thinks otherwise.

SES first notes that Raven's blog, (I assume on Ravenstree), was gone:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Raven's Website and Online Activity

... Seems that since yesterderday (I know, as I looked at it yesterday), that Raven's blog has been "updated" -

in that, the narrative is gone, the comments section is gone, the mysterious "until we meet again" blog link that never worked is gone. All that remains is the profile and some other more generic type information...

July 7th:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - For love or money?

I've learned that Raven is now back on the east coast in either Maine or New Hampshire visiting family. I imagine he'll be heading this way again towards mid July as his court date approaches.

July 8th:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Raven's Website and Online Activity

I mentioned in a couple of the other threads that I verified Raven is back on the east coast now visiting his family in either Maine or New Hampshire. That same source confirmed that Raven is reviewing this forum on a regular basis.

So it seems that Raven was "spotted" a lot online during the early part of July yet we know that it was not to create a memorial site.

Seems that Raven just so happened to be in Maine during this fun event. Includes canoeing, mountain biking, navigation, trekking/running and who can forget a big party at The Lodge at Mount Snow afterwards! (Of course, we have no idea if he participated in this while in Maine but if he was visiting his uncle at this time, I can't imagine that he had to sit at his uncle's house and wait for him to get back from an adventure race in Vermont)!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Places to look for Janet's killer

It seems Raven will stop at nothing to look for his wife's murderer. It has been rumored that he looked on the beach volleyball courts. It is rumored that he has traveled to Utah to look on the mountain bike trails. Could he now have traveled to Maine to look with his uncle fred abaroa at the adventure race in Mt. Snow, Vermont??

http://www.adventureracingzone.com/...t=293&view=next

Link within that link:

Adventure Racing Zone :: View topic - Team Razbo, Mt Snow, VT

From fabaroa:

Our Female racer dropped out and we are desperatly looking for a replacement for this race. We are a novice team just looking for experience and some fun. Send me an e-mail if you are interested. ar@xxxxxx

General Course Info (events in alphabetical order, not necessarily race order)

Total distance - approx 40 miles, although we will not reveal the breakdown of events, or if any of the events will be repeated etc will not be revealed until the MORNING of the start.
Canoeing - The paddling will be on a lake(s) where wind may be a factor! Canoe Paddles and PFDs are available if needed, and personal paddles and/or PFDs are allowed, as long as they are Type III CG approved, non-inflatable.
Mountain Biking - Good mix of 'cruisy' doubletrack, a little singletrack, steep climbing, and fun descents.
Navigation - no specific 'orienteering' section, but teams will have to use their map & compass the entire race, as NONE of the course is marked
Trekking/Running - Good blend of on and off-trail travel, where your navigational skills will be put to the test.

The Schedule....

Saturday, 16 July 2005 at Lodge at Mount Snow, near the main entrance to Mount Snow Resort, look for the Racing Ahead, Inc. banners, and RV.

9am - 11am Pre-Race Clinics - PLEASE pre-register via email, you can pay on Saturday AM, the 16th, space is limited 2-hour Navigation Clinic - $15 per racer

12noon - 6pm Registration – all racers must attend to fill out paperwork, do gear checks,

one team member must complete the Navigation Review. Support Crews must fill

out Waiver. Please don’t wait until the last minute. We will have many teams to get

through Registration, and cannot complete check-in for all teams from 5 to 6pm.
Golite/Timberland’s Sprint AR Team will be doing presentations/Slide Shows during registration.

7pm Race Briefing; START location revealed

Sunday – 17 July 2005

5am – 5:45am Assemble at START

5:50am One support crew member from each team will line up at the STARTING line to accept

the Team’s Course directions, passport, and maps. The information must remain ‘rolled up’

until the Race Director says go.

6am Race Director will say “GO”, and Support Crews hurriedly find their teams and

divulge the course. As soon as teams are comfortable with their plotted course,

they may take off on the first leg. Support Crews may help with the maps as long

as the Support Crew remains in the designated STARTING area.

6pm Race Cut-Off – all teams will be at the Lodge at Mount Snow as full course finishers, alternate course finishers, as unofficial finishers or unranked finishers.

7pm Party at The Lodge at Mount Snow - included in entry for all racers, an additional $12 per support, family or friends. MUST PRE-pay at Registration, buffet style sit-down meal and prize giving.

Some of this sounds so Raven ...

The A-Files on adventure.mountainzone.com

Considering entering the adventure racing arena but intimidated by the high costs associated with the sport? You should be. It's a lot more expensive than bowling, archery, or ping pong. But the yields or dividends of the sport are high: Adventure racers get to travel the world and live in week-long states of endorphin rush and sleep deprivation. They get to experience exotic cultures, amoebic dysentery, and psychological group therapy. Hey, it should cost a lot.

Sure, a team of three can race a weekend Hi-Tec for a reasonable fee, provided they live where the race is taking place. But we're talking about the biggies here, the expedition-style races that all fledglings are shooting for eventually. The Eco-Challenge (I wonder if this is the one mentioned above that Razbo did), The Raid Gauloises, and the Elf Authentic Adventure. Holy Grail stuff.

... Not only do you have to develop the initial relationships and contacts (schmoozing, phone calls, networking, trade shows), but good relationships are only maintained if you provide sponsors with the proof of your worth...

...Though some cynics call adventure racing a sport for the elite, that isn't altogether true.

(Interesting article - remainder at link)

New England Adventure Race Series - Race 2 Results

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2005[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - Vermont - RESULTS [/font]​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2005 Official Results - 19 July 2005 [/font]​

All-Male Teams

FULL COURSE

1st Canigetawitness II, The Congregation 8:20
2nd Cogg Wild (Richer) 8:39
3rd High Speed Vomit 8:48
4th Lite Kinetic 11:02
5th Razbo 11:13
6th White Mountain AR 11:19

Is this adventure racing the same as geo-caching?

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at here - it's a blog by someone that participates in this sport on a team called Shooting Stars. I don't think that this has any connection to Raven but I'm posting it for the pictures that the guy has on his blog to give a better idea of what's involved in this activity.

SVS 2 - Shooting Star Adventure Race Report 2005 | n o i - training, racing, thinking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back