NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Sylvia describe to you how she met her BF/F? Were you with Sylvia when they first were introduced to each other or met?

Since you and Sylvia did not group nor double date with respective BFs/Fs, did you ever hang out with Sylvia and her BF/F without your partner?

How then was he familiar with your parents' residence and comfortable going to your home that evening?

WOW, you know I really don't know? How other than maybe SL and he driving by my home saying that's where MMQC lives? I really don't recall him ever coming by or for that matter ever picking her up from my home. WOW, you really knocked me off my feet on that one. I never even thought about it. I know I was never at his home either but SL and I used to cruise by his house too. So that must be it. She showed him one day. He never got out of his car that night either. A couple of my neighbor friends were hanging out on the porch. He drove up and put down the passenger side window. By then I was already walking down to meet the car.

Thank you salem

I will be very specific after i get permission from the person who told me that

For now, let me me say, it is my opinion only that Sylvia played the piccolo

I will try to get it into the thread as fact rather than hearsay

She did play the piccolo!

MMQC,

Did she ever hitchhike, that you know of? Or do you think she would have gotten in a car with someone who offered her a ride?

WOW, you know I really don't know? How other than maybe SL and he driving by my home saying that's where MMQC lives? I really don't recall him ever coming by or for that matter ever picking her up from my home. WOW, you really knocked me off my feet on that one. I never even thought about it. I know I was never at his home either but SL and I used to cruise by his house too. So that must be it. She showed him one day. He never got out of his car that night either. A couple of my neighbor friends were hanging out on the porch. He drove up and put down the passenger side window. By then I was already walking down to meet the car.

Sorry, didn't mean to...glad you're on your feet again, in time for your BD this week! Happy BD, MMQC.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Sylvia Alice Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975

Thanks for your response...Where and how did Sylvia first meet him, was introduced to him, etc?

bbm: --Did Sylvia live at home and attend Wagner or did she board there? For all or some of her 4 years?

It was mentioned she commuted to Wagner with her father sometimes...

Yes, commuted to and from home daily.

When you and Sylvia spent that day together, had she mentioned that seeing a movie was her planned destination that evening?

Did Sylvia mention any other activity or destination other than, or in addition to, the movie theater for that evening?

No, just an ordinary date. Movie and maybe a soda later was the norm.

I remembered her meeting BF/F through a friend in the band at Wagner.

Sorry, didn't mean to...glad you're on your feet again, in time for your BD this week! Happy BD, MMQC.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Sylvia Alice Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975

Thanks for your response...Where and how did Sylvia first meet him, was introduced to him, etc?

Spent my birthday signing up at the senior center. Always wanted to learn country line dancing. Had my first class already. Yee Haw! Had a blast! Twice a week I'll be doing this.....Well at least it's not too hard on a body. Have to get some leather soled shoes now. Sneakers don't slide.

I remembered her meeting BF/F through a friend in the band at Wagner.

If IRC I think I read that they were together for around 18 months? Really wish we had the name of the friend in the band that introduced them.

I really feel for you here because trying to remember things that far back is not an easy task, but do you remember her mentioning even one friend from her band? All the information you are giving about her is very helpful, thank you so much, but it seems we are missing a lot of info about her campus life. Maybe ASWDeerHunter could chime in.

Spent my birthday signing up at the senior center. Always wanted to learn country line dancing. Had my first class already. Yee Haw! Had a blast! Twice a week I'll be doing this.....Well at least it's not too hard on a body. Have to get some leather soled shoes now. Sneakers don't slide.

OT-Went out one night with two friends years ago and tried country line dancing-it was fun, but I don't think I can do it now (too old and stiff!)

If IRC I think I read that they were together for around 18 months? Really wish we had the name of the friend in the band that introduced them.

I really feel for you here because trying to remember things that far back is not an easy task, but do you remember her mentioning even one friend from her band? All the information you are giving about her is very helpful, thank you so much, but it seems we are missing a lot of info about her campus life. Maybe ASWDeerHunter could chime in.

Yes, please, ASWDeerHunter?

MMQC, or ASWDeerHunter - do you remember what SL's dad did at Wagner and how many years he might have been employed there, even a rough guess? Also if you can recall if her dad was friends with any co-workers that would visit the house?

No, just an ordinary date. Movie and maybe a soda later was the norm.

BBM

Sounds more like 1950s NYC, IMO, rather than NYC 1975 and post-college age.

Perhaps, BF/F did not drink alcohol at all...how about Sylvia?

She did have a few BF's but none serious. May have had "friends" at Wagner? Don't really know about that. As I have said before I was not as active on her campus as I would have liked. I worked after class.

BBM

Beautiful girl, incl gorgeous figure and a head-turner (paraphrasing), very intelligent, etc.

Very hard for me to believe (BBM ^^)...perhaps, kept depth of prior relationships from you?

bbm: imo - this is a real possibility. There's the machismo of the expensive ring.

Personally, I don't see machismo here since Sylvia evidently shopped with him for engagement rings, and appears to have been aware of the price range he was willing to spend. In the very least, Sylvia didn't appear to have any issue with him spending that amount on her ring:

Snipped

...I remember the quote of a price when they were looking...

MMQC,

Did she ever hitchhike, that you know of? Or do you think she would have gotten in a car with someone who offered her a ride?

No, she would never hitch a ride. As far as taking a ride from just someone pulling up and offering a ride? I don't think so.

BBM

Sounds more like 1950s NYC, IMO, rather than NYC 1975 and post-college age.

Perhaps, BF/F did not drink alcohol at all...how about Sylvia?

An occasional drink when dining out formally, but that's it. Can't say for the BF/F but I don't remember any bar hopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18