WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, here's something interesting I came across. Does anyone recall the Phoenix case and trial of Michael Marin in June 2012? He was a high-roller, a mover and shaker who lived the the rich life. When his money began to deplete, he knew that he could no longer afford the mortgage of his 3.5 million home and decided to scam the insurance and mortgage companies by setting his house on fire, trying to make it look like a regular fire broke out. Investigators knew right away he set arson to the place.

In June 2012, Marin sat in court and heard the guilty verdict read by the jury convicting him of arson. As a court camera was filming him right then and there, he put his hands to his mouth and several minutes later, he convulsed to the floor and later died after that. There are numerous videos of it online. I watched the longer unedited version and within ten minutes, he puts his hands to his mouth twice.

Days later, his autopsy revealed that it was sodium cyanide that he had taken and so much of it that when they cut into his stomach, a strong stench of bleach filled the room and the stomach was removed and had to be ventilated under a fumed hood.

In the article I found, is states:

"On July 9, tipped off by Marin's family because of an e-mail Marin had sent them, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office investigators found a canister of cyanide in Marin's car. An invoice showed he had purchased it the year before from an online mail-order house."

So I guess acquiring cyanide is much easier than thought. And in 1996 the internet was rapidly growing with websites and was quite the rage. Perhaps this is how Mary Anderson got it at that time.

It is believed that she may have took potassium cyanide. And cyanide is known to kill a person within minutes after they take it, but not right away, and some go into convulsions. Both are perfect examples of this when watching Michael Marin at the time of his death.

Article: Autopsy confirms cyanide as cause in Marin's death

PSALMS 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17
3 He restoreth my soul:

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

i wonder what part applied directly to her..she chose this for a reason. i wonder if she had enemies that were trying to kill her and she beat them to the punch.

PSALMS 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17
3 He restoreth my soul:

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

i wonder what part applied directly to her..she chose this for a reason. i wonder if she had enemies that were trying to kill her and she beat them to the punch.

Not sure, but it was open in the family Bible she had upon her. I take it that she must have possibly repented and confessed her sins and the sin she was going to make before doing so. This why I don't believe she is Jewish. Jewish people wouldn't dare touch a Christian Bible, especially being caught with one at the time of their death. Unless she was a Messianic Jew. And I do not think she is Catholic, because the rosary would have been in her hands or somewhere nearby.

Depending on the size and layout of the Bible, it could have included Psalm 25: A Plea for Deliverance and Forgiveness on the open pages:

16 Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me,
For I am desolate and afflicted.

17 The troubles of my heart have enlarged;
Bring me out of my distresses!

18 Look on my affliction and my pain,
And forgive all my sins.

19 Consider my enemies, for they are many;
And they hate me with cruel hatred.

20 Keep my soul, and deliver me;
Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.

21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me,
For I wait for You.

If she had enemies, she may have been involved with the Seattle Russian Spy Ring that was exposed in 2010. Perhaps there was something going on related to this in 1996. Russian Soviet spies were known to use cyanide to commit suicide when their lives were in danger and their covers blown.

In this link about the Seattle Russian Spy case, it mentions:

"...Russian spies who received coded radio transmissions from their Seattle apartment, and jetted to New York to pick up bundles of cash, computer flash drives and a laptop sent from Moscow."

Could this be the type of connection Mary Anderson had to "New York?"

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2012240076_seattlespy30m.html

PSALMS 23, sometimes referred to as "The Lord's Prayer" is the #1 Psalm for most Christians. Most people who grew up going to Sunday School know it. It suggests nothing except that "Mary Anderson" was a practicing Christian. If the Bible were open to some obscure chapter, there could be some special significance but the 23rd Psalm would be a "go to verse" for very many Christians.

Regional accents aren't what they used to be. Most Educated Americans use a pretty generic manner of speech that lacks any regional accent. Outside of large East Coast cities and the South, American Speech is pretty much the same. Even Canadians speech is pretty much the same except for a small number of words (Out, About, Zed etc). Most people know how to cover up a regional accent.

Cold Case-Montreal , who has a facebook page and website of missing persons, told me they will be adding Mary Anderson's case to their website. This is great news and a huge step in getting the case more public exposure in Canada.

Okay, here's something interesting I came across. Does anyone recall the Phoenix case and trial of Michael Marin in June 2012?

Respectfully snipped.
Yea, I read up on that case too.
I've heard there are two forms of cyanide, both of them deadly as long as they don't degrade.
Sodium Cyanide and Potassium Cyanide

One eats through all the tissue it comes in contact with once the capsule is broken the other just affecting the internal organs. (Just from what I've read) And I don't know which does which. But I'm sure the LE on the case has checked into it and knows which kind she'd taken.
This could explain why her tissues were still intact in her face or getting ready to degrade making her look a lot older. If I was just looking at her picture I would have said she was early 50s.

PSALMS 23, sometimes referred to as "The Lord's Prayer" is the #1 Psalm for most Christians. Most people who grew up going to Sunday School know it. It suggests nothing except that "Mary Anderson" was a practicing Christian. If the Bible were open to some obscure chapter, there could be some special significance but the 23rd Psalm would be a "go to verse" for very many Christians.

Regional accents aren't what they used to be. Most Educated Americans use a pretty generic manner of speech that lacks any regional accent. Outside of large East Coast cities and the South, American Speech is pretty much the same. Even Canadians speech is pretty much the same except for a small number of words (Out, About, Zed etc). Most people know how to cover up a regional accent.

You have a point. Being that she was profiled to be educated; she could have lost any distinguishing accent.
I was making that assumption that the bellman would be able to tell by having a conversation with the UID. I currently work front desk at a Hotel and I'm able to tell where in the U.S. a person is from by the way they speak. I also deal with high-profile, educated guests that still speak as if they're from their region. Then again not many have a background in customer service that takes calls from all over the country. :)

You have a point. Being that she was profiled to be educated; she could have lost any distinguishing accent.
I was making that assumption that the bellman would be able to tell by having a conversation with the UID. I currently work front desk at a Hotel and I'm able to tell where in the U.S. a person is from by the way they speak. I also deal with high-profile, educated guests that still speak as if they're from their region. Then again not many have a background in customer service that takes calls from all over the country.

You have to realize that a lot of natives (like me) in Washington State and especially the Seattle area, have a regionalism that sounds very Canadian.

When I lived in Los Angeles, the first thing people always asked me was, "Are you from Canada?" And many natives do not realize they have this regionalism. But yet, we don't pronounce the Canadian words and the sounds for "Out, About, Zed etc." I became aware of mine from studying voice and speech and learning the international phonetic alphabet.

If Mary was from Canada and had an accent, she would have blended right in. A lot of us in Seattle (I included) tend to greet others at first with a "hey" which is probably derived from the Canadian, "eh."

Respectfully snipped.
Yea, I read up on that case too.
I've heard there are two forms of cyanide, both of them deadly as long as they don't degrade.
Sodium Cyanide and Potassium Cyanide

One eats through all the tissue it comes in contact with once the capsule is broken the other just affecting the internal organs. (Just from what I've read) And I don't know which does which. But I'm sure the LE on the case has checked into it and knows which kind she'd taken.
This could explain why her tissues were still intact in her face or getting ready to degrade making her look a lot older. If I was just looking at her picture I would have said she was early 50s.

I agree, she looks much older than what's listed as her age. The cyanide must have really aged her quickly since it deprives oxygen to the skin, giving a person a sunburned look, in which it also did to her. After researching this, I guess that sodium cyanide is not the best option for suicide because it is hard to determine the amounts needed for successful use. Potassium cyanide is the preferred for suicide, but one needs to know the right amount to achieve a quicker, painless death. If one does not use the right amount, unbearable pain and convulsions occur.

I came across a story while researching this and there was a case of an 18 year old male who tried to commit suicide with potassium cyanide. He used something like 975-1300 mg and survived. He said that after he took it, he had a strong burning sensation all throughout his body, completely unbearable. One of his side effects after this was Parkinson's and doctors were really perplexed by this. The young male then died of complications from his attempt several months later.

So it sounds like Mary Anderson knew exactly how much to take to avoid pain and convulsions.

I just want to say you guys are really amazing. Such good thoughts and reasoning behind your ideas. Seems some of you have narrowed this down to a few possibilities. Not that I have any others to add, but remember not to lock yourself into only these possible scenarios, trying to make one of them fit to the exclusion of other undiscussed possibilities. We have seen many cases that look like one thing and turn out to be something completely different.

The brainstorming you are doing is terrific to watch.

I just want to say you guys are really amazing. Such good thoughts and reasoning behind your ideas. Seems some of you have narrowed this down to a few possibilities. Not that I have any others to add, but remember not to lock yourself into only these possible scenarios, trying to make one of them fit to the exclusion of other undiscussed possibilities. We have seen many cases that look like one thing and turn out to be something completely different.

The brainstorming you are doing is terrific to watch.

Thanks, AzPistonsGirl. This case is full of possibilities, any possibility at that. And I agree that even a narrowing down shouldn't be used to conform or lock this case into certain scenarios. Funny, as I was thinking the same last night in what you said in your last sentence. If her identity is ever revealed, the actual scenario might be something no one expected or anticipated.

I thought about it last night and I just couldn't shake the feeling that there WERE in fact "family" out there most likely looking for her. And I wondered why a person with money would just off themselves. And I thought well, maybe she didn't want to affect anybody else.
We know she didn't have any children but what if she DID have Life Insurance policies? Most Life insurances won't pay out if it's a suicide. But they will pay out to beneficiaries IF the person can be declared missing/legally dead (usually after 7 years). So she hides whom she really is to protect her possible heirs. I wonder if someone unexpectedly received a large sum of money in the timeframe of 2003-2004 from their rich Aunt or something.

I have been reading through this whole thread and have seen some great points made. I noted an article speaking about a hospital and 6th Avenue & Spring Street. Could she have had her surgery at a Seattle hospital, perhaps thinking a staffer there might recognize her? Probably not or she wouldn't have used a false name, if indeed it was false and not just that no one would notice. Somehow, no matter what her name, she did go that way- unnoticed, unreported, unmatched. The motel had been revamped in the late 90's. Someone had mentioned Mary Amos early in the thread (page 6?). She is actually listed incorrectly with some of the top sites, but you will find her properly listed in NamUs, so they assured me. While most sites list her last seen date as March 1, 1987, her actual missing date is unknown and listed as December 31, 1968. Quite a difference. December 31 was likely used to express the unknown date. If anyone finds newspaper archives to dispute this, it might benefit to report it to the contact listed for her case on NamUs. I realize you aren't considering her, but still thought it would be a good opportunity to share this potential update or backdate if you will, for her so she might be reconsidered in other cases as a potential match which may have went undetected due to the error, although I am told that once DNA goes in the db, if it matches anything, it is returned automatically. That was good to hear, however, the very officer that pointed this out to me found that the potential match I was reporting had not been excluded or included (not been ran against one another), the case being unrelated to this one. He said it would take months to learn the results. Never give up! https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/2856

I have been reading through this whole thread and have seen some great points made. I noted an article speaking about a hospital and 6th Avenue & Spring Street. Could she have had her surgery at a Seattle hospital, perhaps thinking a staffer there might recognize her? Probably not or she wouldn't have used a false name, if indeed it was false and not just that no one would notice. Somehow, no matter what her name, she did go that way- unnoticed, unreported, unmatched. The motel had been revamped in the late 90's. Someone had mentioned Mary Amos early in the thread (page 6?). She is actually listed incorrectly with some of the top sites, but you will find her properly listed in NamUs, so they assured me. While most sites list her last seen date as March 1, 1987, her actual missing date is unknown and listed as December 31, 1968. Quite a difference. December 31 was likely used to express the unknown date. If anyone finds newspaper archives to dispute this, it might benefit to report it to the contact listed for her case on NamUs. I realize you aren't considering her, but still thought it would be a good opportunity to share this potential update or backdate if you will, for her so she might be reconsidered in other cases as a potential match which may have went undetected due to the error, although I am told that once DNA goes in the db, if it matches anything, it is returned automatically. That was good to hear, however, the very officer that pointed this out to me found that the potential match I was reporting had not been excluded or included (not been ran against one another), the case being unrelated to this one. He said it would take months to learn the results. Never give up!

Thanks, Pias. Yes, I had mentioned MARY AMOS on page 5, post #142 back in 2010 on the behalf of Websurfer as well. Websurfer and I agreed that Mary Amos had a lot of features of Mary Anderson and looking at my notes, she was, and still is a top possibility. We both had discussed this thoroughly that week and even contacted Tricia Griffith about a possible match and what to do next. But, we didn't follow through as there were some other possibles that came up and were mentioned as well.

THANK YOU for bringing this to our attention about Mary Amos. I think we should look into Amos further to really sort out the discrepancies that may still provide a lead to the Mary Anderson case. I encourage everyone to research Mary Amos further and I will go into NamUs and check it out. I will also hit the newspaper archives and even try and find other photos of Amos as well.

I'm working on a project which includes Mary Amos' case. Please do not judge it just yet as it is far from complete, but this might link you to it Please excuse any errors. The project is still under construction.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2920dfca.html < Mary Amos

I can see the visual similarities but you have to keep in mind that in 1996 Mary Amos (b1932) would have been 64 years old. When the coroner stated that the UID was no older than 40.
I also know 60 year olds that LOOK like their 40. But I've never known a coroner to be 20 years off. :(

Agreed that she would not be a (likely) candidate. There has to be a reason she took a taxi all the way to that motel if she wasn't from the area around town. Long way from the airport with many motels passed along the way. I have been trying looking into historical or 'notable' events that may have taken place there in years prior.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2920dfca.html < Mary Amos

I can see the visual similarities but you have to keep in mind that in 1996 Mary Amos (b1932) would have been 64 years old. When the coroner stated that the UID was no older than 40.
I also know 60 year olds that LOOK like their 40. But I've never known a coroner to be 20 years off. :(

If there have been so many errors, then and now with Amos, it's possible that we must question if her birth year listed is even correct. With the Mary Anderson case, I am, as of this week, to the point where I'm now venturing outside the the coroner's age range of 33-45 years of age. I think it's time we should start looking a little outside the box.

I have even recently shown Mary Anderson's sketch and death photos to females that I know. Most of them said she appears between 40-60 years in age, three of them said over sixty. You have to remember, this case investigation wasn't that thorough.

But doesn't the coroner estimate the possible age by the bone analysis? I just hope that the results of a possible age range was inputted correctly.

Unfortunately, Mary Anderson's case is a little outside of my area still (she'll likely be included similarly later as I've nearly reach maximum allowed data with the original. It is not publicly available yet as it is unfinished. I was trying to find a way to cut the cases back so I could add more unidentified cases to the current project, but it seems like a lot of juggling and likely i'll just do it on another similar platform. They can be used in conjunction that way. It may require Google + to view? Not sure?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back