MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two thoughts just popped in my mind...

I wonder if the witness(ES) who saw the gray/silver van noticed any distinguishing stickers on the vehicle... Stickers associated with any clubs/athletics/etc... (Like family sports, veteran, etc.)

I wonder if there are any rental storage units in a close radius.... and if activity was checked on the prior days or after....

(sometimes there are rental storage facilities in industrial areas as pointed out by a local in above posts)

Just some thoughts...

I was thinking along the same lines about distinguishing features on the van specifically removable decals or business identifiers. Like the detachable pieces that go on top of pizza delivery cars. Perhaps coworkers would only associate an individual with a silver minivan with a business decal and since we haven't heard anything about distinguishing marks on this van, it wouldn't raise concerns with coworkers.

Everyone needs to be looking at everyone they know. Those silver/grey minivans are everywhere.

Where is Jessica??? :please:

I am hoping that LE hasn't released a sketch because they are closing in on a suspect and don't need the publics help.

This isn't looking good and I am very worried for her!

I am hoping that LE hasn't released a sketch because they are closing in on a suspect and don't need the publics help.

This isn't looking good and I am very worried for her!

no, it's not.

Praying for a positive outcome, miracles do happen.

Wow, after looking at google maps and street view of the Sternberg Exxon location attributes, I have to say that it looks like an ideal set up for something like this appears to be. The station is somewhat isolated with quick access to the highway. Store frontage would be visible from the road or across the road for casing purposes. Late at night with lights on inside, one could quickly surmise that she was working alone. Add to the situation a lack of video surveillance, and this is an offender's dream.

BTW...the AV I mentioned a few posts up has 2 FB pages, for what it's worth. It's probably nothing...but????

Stacia Kalinoski ‏@StaciaKalinoski WZZM
Jessica Heeringa's search party has turned community-wide. Family asks u print off a picture from Facebook and post it. Update @wzzm13 @12p

Is Jessica's boyfriend also the father of her child? If not, has the father been questioned and cleared?

oh boy, Reminds me of the Katie Poirier case back in 1999.

She was working late at night in rural MN at a gas station when a man came in the store and grabbed her from behind and led her out of the store.

She left behind all of her things and like this case, a customer came in, noticed nobody was working the counter and called 911.
Katie Poirier is the first case that came to mind when I read about Jessica. I have an old friend who grew up in Moose Lake and nobody in the area has ever forgotten her. The surveillance tape from the convenience store was absolutely chilling.

I hope Jessica's case has a happier ending than Katie's did. For anyone who may not remember, Katie was abducted and murdered by Donald Blom, a registered sex offender and suspected serial killer. He burned her remains in a fire pit on his rural vacation property, and all that was recovered were a few bone fragments and a single tooth, which was used to make the identification. Blom had a long history of crimes against women and antisocial behavior. At the time of Katie Poirier's murder, he had kidnapped seven other women and had 6 felony convictions, but light sentencing laws at the time meant that he got out of prison again and again.

I imagine that whomever abducted Jessica has a similar history. I don't think this is his first time, and I hope that improvements in the sex offender registry since 1999 mean that LE is aware of him. It is interesting that no sketch has been released - in the Poirier case, a sketch and the surveillance footage were ALL over the news in the days following the abduction. I hope that Jessica is being held alive and LE isn't releasing the sketch because they don't want to spook him.

Unfortunately, I have such a bad feeling about this one.

Somebody said earlier in this thread that the fiance is the father of the boy.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe the bf/fiance is not the father and I haven't seen anyone cast any suspicion on him.

I thought I read that the child was with the father.

I don't even know where to begin to look to back that up. Maybe The Cheese knows?

Many of you know who I am. Jessica is my grandson's mother and my sons fiance. This is very disturbing. We all think and say it can never happen here or to you well I am here to tell you to be thankful it hasn't happened to you. We are all praying and we need people out there to start a prayer chain. Please all pray very hard!!!! (posted by jax)

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_goes_missing.html#comments

Dakota Quail-Dyer, Jessica's fiance and the father of her son, told 24 Hour News 8 Saturday that he talked to her an hour before she disappeared. He said she was looking forward to coming home.

"Just hoping she's OK and she'll come home and be with me and my son. I just want her home," he said.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/missing-woman-case-officially-abduction

Interesting that Donald Blom was called in because he had changed his looks and habits...

cut hair
stopped driving the truck
quit his janitor job...

I hope people are looking for these things from people surrounding them for clues to Jessica's perp!

:please:

Wow, eerily similar.

On a side note, I know we all gather here together and pour our hearts and souls into the missing, the lost and the innocent victims of sometimes very horrific crimes. Just wanted to say how much I love this community. Really makes the terrible more tolerable.

Katie Poirier is the first case that came to mind when I read about Jessica. I have an old friend who grew up in Moose Lake and nobody in the area has ever forgotten her. The surveillance tape from the convenience store was absolutely chilling.

I hope Jessica's case has a happier ending than Katie's did. For anyone who may not remember, Katie was abducted and murdered by Donald Blom, a registered sex offender and suspected serial killer. He burned her remains in a fire pit on his rural vacation property, and all that was recovered were a few bone fragments and a single tooth, which was used to make the identification. Blom had a long history of crimes against women and antisocial behavior. At the time of Katie Poirier's murder, he had kidnapped seven other women and had 6 felony convictions, but light sentencing laws at the time meant that he got out of prison again and again.

I imagine that whomever abducted Jessica has a similar history. I don't think this is his first time, and I hope that improvements in the sex offender registry since 1999 mean that LE is aware of him. It is interesting that no sketch has been released - in the Poirier case, a sketch and the surveillance footage were ALL over the news in the days following the abduction. I hope that Jessica is being held alive and LE isn't releasing the sketch because they don't want to spook him.

Unfortunately, I have such a bad feeling about this one.

yep, it was. I remember watching a Forensic Files episode about this case called "Tooth or Consequences".

It shows her being kidnapped. If anyone has not seen that episode, I believe they replay old FF ones on ID Discovery.

Interesting comment just posted on the FB page under Recent Posts by NSE

WOW the tip is gone already! I wonder if it was credible? Sure sounded like it.

To paraphrase someone who works at a local business that frequents the station all the time has the week off and his wife has a silver T and C mini van. It also stated he is known to drive it.

This reminds me of the Deborah Poe case. She dissapeared while working late at a Florida Convinient store.

WOW the tip is gone already! I wonder if it was credible? Sure sounded like it.

To paraphrase someone who works at a local business that frequents the station all the time has the week off and his wife has a silver T and C mini van. It also stated he is known to drive it.

I wonder why it was removed. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member