Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't tweet, but someone needs to tell her that we will all be praying too! Praying that she gets the DP! :gavel:

I do and I'll do it for us!!

IMO an 8 year old, okay a 5 year old could give a
guilty M1 verdict. All I hope is someone doesn't want
to go against the obvious and get their 15 mins of
fame.

No more evil than me sitting over here day dreaming about hearing:
"we the jury, in the above matter...........find the defendant GUILTY of murder in the first degree...."

And seeing my self saying: "That is so debasing - I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Do you know why 10 and 17 are being excused?

TIA...:seeya:

They are NOT being excused, they were chosen as alternates

Three alternates were picked today, jurors 10, 17 and 15.

Only 12 jurors can sit on the jury.

Saw this tweet and it sat me right back. Considering the horrible, despicable lies the Alexander family has had to endure the past 5 years and counting, whoever wrote this tweet makes a good point IMO.

rsnyd ‏@BobRsnyd1201 16m Watching this #JodiArias trial ,if this (deleted) gets less than M1, I wuld rather they never find my killer, than have my family go thru this.Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted

The Walmart Gas can receipt/testimony will hang JA. The jury will likely ask for the testimony to be read back--re: Juan's assertion that she returned the gas can to the same Walmart in Salinas, CA. They will read:

Q: You did indicate that you did buy the 3rd can in Salinas, CA, didn’t you.
A: Yes, I did.
Q: And, you did buy that in Salinas, and it was a 5 gallon gas can, right?
A: That’s correct.
Q: Would it surprise you that Walmart does not have any record for any transaction returning a gas can on that date?
A: That would surprise me, since I did return it.

Now, yes, she doesn’t say that she returned it to that particular Walmart. But, is it reasonable for anyone, not to raise that distinction on the stand, If she did in fact, return it to a different Walmart?

You know she would have made that distinction on the the stand if she did…SHE IS AN EFFING LIAR!

She did in fact confirm that she returned it to the same store.

It's right here, at 3:41

Prosecutor Juan Martinez's "Perry Mason" Moment - Busts Jodi Arias For Lying About Gas Cans - YouTube

Juan: And you said you returned it back to the store in Salinas, correct?

Jodi: That's correct.

Juan: And it's the same store that you bought it from, right?

Jodi: Yes.

Juan: Probably because it was in the same general vicinity, right?

Jodi: Right.

So are we down to one alternate?

We have 3 alternates. #10, #15, #17. They will convene each and every day the duly impaneled jury meets, but in a separate area. IF one or more is needed, they will be ready to step in. :usa:

ETA: One thing about our smilies.... we have NO USA flag flying bravely other than above. boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

While I respect the gravity of the jurors decision should they find Jodi guilty I still absolutely believe the people who should determine Ms. Arias fate are those who lost the most, those who are going to be reminded every single day for the rest of their lives what was stolen from them - all those friends and family who so loved him.

They've been adamant in wanting the Ultimate Justice for her. I sincerely hope the jury reaches such a conclusion - not for Jodi, but for them. That would be justice in my opinion, regardless of any personal stance on the death penalty.

MOO

That's a scary proposition! Seems to me that's how some of the tribes in the Middle East obtain justice. Our Founding documents here are truly an achievement for all people and I believe have a made a huge leap for mankind. The people may still error but I don't think any other legal code can surpass our Constitution and it's methods.

Yeah i know what you mean. I think even if the jurors said they could do it, when it comes down to actually deciding on it, they probably have 2nd thoughts. People really need to be darn sure they could give out the sentence before saying they could do it during jury selection. I am afraid people dont think it though during jury selection.

I am not sure how I would respond during jury selection. I would have to give it some serious thought before I accepted being on a jury like this.

In this case, if it were up to me I would have no problem handing down the DP. Jodi went beyond murder, she slaughtered Travis. It was a very slow and IMO very agonizing death for Travis. I do not believe he ever hurt a hair on her head. In fact he did so very much to help her. She has no remorse, and I believe she secrectly basks in her mind of the memory of what she did. She absolutely deserves death. 1. for the savage way she murdered him. 2. for trashing his memory.

RIP Travis you are getting your deserved Justice.

Chris Hughes on Dr Drew right now and he is pissed off about Nurmi and the lies he told on Jodi's behalf today in the courtroom.

"Two of the legs the defense rested their case on today, pedophilia and abuse.

Pedophilia story has changed sooo many times
boys or girls
or full grown adult women surgically enhanced

Abuse
they have had FIVE years to come up with
one boy
one girl
one woman Travis ever abused and they found NOTHING

All this is from her sick mind, and she cannot even keep her lies straight.
It makes me angry.
This guy ( Travis ) is one of the MOST BELOVED people I have known IN MY LIFE!!"
I am already shouting and dancing in victory in Jesus and the truth that Juan Martinez brought home today. The jury will come back Monday with the verdict the family and Travis deserve. Guilty Murder one and Guilty Felony Murder.

Dr. Drew said, Chris I know you have so much to share with us about what kind of man your buddy really was.

Chris was happy to give one example, one of hundreds he said he has. "Travis sees a homeless man, stops on the side of the road, starts talking to him, Travis brings the man home to his home, gets him a shower, gives the man some of his own clothes to wear, takes him down to a local restaurant, asks the manager to help him out. The manager gave the homeless man a job, then and there. Travis changed the man's life. Forever. That is my friend. THAT IS TRAVIS!!!!"

I wouldn't be surprised if they took a quick vote, just to see how close/far they are from each other. Guess we'll have to wait for the book(s) to come out.

I'm sure some of them will sit for interviews or shows like 48 hours... and I can't wait to see them after reading the descriptions of them!

They are NOT being excused, they were chosen as alternates

Three alternates were picked today, jurors 10, 17 and 15.

Only 12 jurors can sit on the jury.

Correct. The 3 alternates were NOT excused.

She did in fact confirm that she returned it to the same store.

It's right here, at 3:41

Prosecutor Juan Martinez's "Perry Mason" Moment - Busts Jodi Arias For Lying About Gas Cans - YouTube

Juan: And you said you returned it back to the store in Salinas, correct?

Jodi: That's correct.

Juan: And it's the same store that you bought it from, right?

Jodi: Yes.

Juan: Probably because it was in the same general vicinity, right?

Jodi: Right.

The DT never even questioned the Walmart employee, not one question!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I'm really surprised at the comments re the jury not wanting to deliberate any more tonight. They've had a long week, no doubt want to gather their thoughts personally first of the last few days and come back fresh on Monday. It's easy for us to listen to the trial because we are chosing to do it, we laugh, we talk, we go off and do something else and then come back. They're probably exhausted. They are also taking this work seriously. For them being a juror must be like work and knowing they wouldn't have much time to deliberate today anyhow even if they had started, I completely understand why they are waiting til Friday.

:bump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members