a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how I ever got my first avatar there, so I'll need directions on how to change it, and how to get the ribbon. Seriously, I need step by step instructions.

Right-Click on picture and "Save Picture As.." Put it wherever you want on your computer.

Go to "User CP" on Blue Bar (To the right of Home)_

Click on "Edit Avatar" on the left...

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Click Browse and select the picture... Open

Click Save Changes and you're done!

:)

I am such an emotional wreck. I can't stop crying several times a day thinking about what Travis went through. I'm so grateful for JM. I don't think he even realizes just how many lives he has touched. This trial isn't about entertainment (yuck). It's about truth and justice and JM is Travis' guardian. I am so glad to hear that JM is in a committed relationship. I've never even met him but I wish him all the joy and happiness in this world. He is a true hero.

Lots of prayers today. I won't be fasting but I'll be praying and meditating. Justice for Travis.

(((((((((((rose222)))))))))))))

I am such an emotional wreck. I can't stop crying several times a day thinking about what Travis went through. I'm so grateful for JM. I don't think he even realizes just how many lives he has touched. This trial isn't about entertainment (yuck). It's about truth and justice and JM is Travis' guardian. I am so glad to hear that JM is in a committed relationship. I've never even met him but I wish him all the joy and happiness in this world. He is a true hero.

Lots of prayers today. I won't be fasting but I'll be praying and meditating. Justice for Travis.

Thank you Rose222 - I think Juan Martinez is as compassionate as he is passionate. A true hero who will always be remembered for seeking to expose truth and light in the evil, dark shadow of Jodi Arias.

Blessings,

DT

I just got remembering a kind of cool oddity that occurred while trial watching. I have made a very good friend thru this trial who started coming as Travis' friend Julie came every other week and stayed with her friend Joi who would accompany her to court. Joi and I have become very close friends thru all of this and have a real "simpatico" going on.

The day we had that long marathon day in court this week, we realized we'd dressed nearly identical that day (honest we didn't compare notes) and sat side by side. All day long, we would look over at each other and notice we were sitting in mirror style postures all day. One leg crossed over the other but mirrored, with even our hand postures identical. It just kept happening all throughout the day. It was odd..we had no idea who was "copying" who, it was just happening. I wonder what Janine D would say about this!

So many good friends have developed out of this horrible horrible tragedy.

Anyway just a little unique "color commentary" from the courtroom.

I'm gonna fast tomorrow too with whoever else is fasting. I bought 6 lemons today so i'm gonna use lemon water. My body sure can use the detox. I think there is a candlelight vigil in downtown PHX tomorrow I will be going to..and of course after work at noon on Monday head down to hang out and wait for a verdict. Waiting with clarify for justice.

Eegads...the "golden boy"...! As IF this garnered any sympathy! For sure I felt in that case that Jackie Peterson bred and watered and fed a budding sociopathy straight in to his crimes. But I don't see that so clearly with this family (esp after seeing the interrogations). I'm so curious to see how her family will try and save her life. And anyone else. Will Donovan be called? One of her patrons saying how bravely she served those Margaritas in spite of suffering a cut on her finger by a glass/shelf/apple/cat?

Weird I was thinking the SAME thing about Jackie "Deny, Deny, Deny" Peterson - Anne Bird's book "Blood Brother" was very revealing both about Jackie's own childhood and upbringing and Scott's. As for Jodi Arias and how her family will try to save her life - I would imagine they will attempt to play the jurors heartstrings big time. Donovan appears to be close to her family so I expect she will testify - she's been in court almost daily right?

Big hug to you rose, what a wonderful sentiment you expressed.

I just watched Juan's second closing for the 3rd time. It has made me tear up and also filled my heart with such adoration and admiration for Juan. He is truly Travis's warrior for justice.

I think that when the Yreka cops nabbed Jodi at grandma's home with the rental car packed with her "kill kit" (i.e., box of books secreting a couple of knives, and her brand new 9 mm handgun taped inside by the engine), that they may have stopped a potential serial killer after her first trophy kill.

She had invited herself on the camping trip with four guys she hardly knew. They were going to be her next victims out in the secluded wilderness.

I think she had learned a lot after slaughtering Travis. She had stimulated all of her senses with the killing. I'm sure she was covered in blood and felt its warmth, tasted the inevitable blood spatter on her face, heard the sounds of a dying man, saw the horrific sights, and reveled in the smell of fear and death.

Sure, her first attempt was sloppy. But she had time to process the experience and to perfect her future plans.

She thought she was never going to be caught after she had disappeared.

But those darn friendly cops who stopped by grandma's and asked to talk with her while her guard was down ... really put a crimp in her brilliant plans for her new future.

It was on "48 Hours" that she infamously stated that "no jury will ever convict me, and you can mark my words on that!". How deliciously ironic it would be if, after exactly 48 hours of deliberation*, the jury reached their unanimous verdict and convicts her.

* (of course, they'd have to stretch out that 48 hours with some card games and maybe a game of charades) :seeya:

What a great idea for a Verdict goal. Hope it happens that way. No matter when though, we will ALL be Happy to see the reaction of the defendant.
It is the time for Jodi to pay for the precious life she stole from Travis, his family and friends.
I am praying so hard these next few days for the jury to have the conviction to make the correct decision. I just know they will.
Juan and detective Flores are the Best. Juan proved everyday he was working for the victim. No holds barred !!!! We all just love that man to pieces don't we?!!:):):)

Attachments

15.7 KB · Views: 13
Some of us have changed our avatars during Verdict Watch to the Justice for Travis Blue Ribbon as a way to show our WS Solidarity for Travis and family. Hope others will join in so we will be a sea of Blue Ribbons for Travis by verdict day.
Thanks.

I don't know how to do this. Notice I don't an avatar. Info please!

Teresa

I don't know how to do this. Notice I don't an avatar. Info please!

Teresa

Instructions posted by KBisMe

Right-Click on picture and "Save Picture As.." Put it wherever you want on your computer.

Go to "User CP" on Blue Bar (To the right of Home)_

Click on "Edit Avatar" on the left...

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Click Browse and select the picture... Open

Click Save Changes and you're done!

:loser:

testing if i upload it correct.thanks.... nope ..will try again

ok, from a factory type guy, (who might get a little high), all the ribbons are great. ...
i got mine the second probably way back when ANJ created that baby. i love the
elephant ribbon she created.

I'm thinking it was a GOPHER. LOLOL I have clicked on them all several times and literally had tears on my face from laughing so hard.

Oh DUH! Now I'm laughing at myself! :floorlaugh:

I think my eyes are permanently damaged from a few of those pics, but I was cracking up!

ok, from a factory type guy, (who might get a little high), all the ribbons are great. ...
i got mine the second probably way back when ANJ created that baby. i love the
elephant ribbon she created.

I was looking for that! Glad you had it!

respectfully - snipped for space.

I caught on a screen shot!!

In this pic it looks like she has a ..."Oh... Gorsh.... He likes me.... (Well... 1 day outa 10 ain't bad! )" kinda look on her face...

She floors me! :what:

Katie, do you remember the day ALV first appeared in trial, so personable & so likable? She connected with the room and it resonated to anyone watching.

People who are kind and decent, who know right from wrong and instinctually choose to do what is right - predicted that surely this woman will be a strong witness for the state - her history, her life's work, her passion is to stand up for the weak and defend the victim.

How unbelievable was it to watch a human being implode, by her own hand and right before our very eyes, in real time? She absolutely did that; paving her own path every step of the way.

If I live to be 100, I'll may never see anything like it again. It's just sickening to stumble across clips of her testifying; I can't click out fast enough.. just one of the many memorable, tragic moments of this nightmare.
Your post made me think...

Wouldn't it be interesting for an article/book/publication be written in 5 to 10 years along the lines of...

"The Jodia Arias Trial Players... Where Are They Now?"

It would document the continuing trajectory of Juan's fight for the innocent....

And the downward spiral of the Defense Team and their witnesses...

JMO

OMG Beth and I were reminiscing about the witnesses called in the penalty phase for SP last night. Remember how they talked about what a good little golfer he was as a child? And a BOY SCOUT? And they showed all these photos of him world traveling with his family? It was embarrassing! And obviously, ineffective.
I wonder if JA was a shiny baby like SP was ?? :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

-

Weird I was thinking the SAME thing about Jackie "Deny, Deny, Deny" Peterson - Anne Bird's book "Blood Brother" was very revealing both about Jackie's own childhood and upbringing and Scott's. As for Jodi Arias and how her family will try to save her life - I would imagine they will attempt to play the jurors heartstrings big time. Donovan appears to be close to her family so I expect she will testify - she's been in court almost daily right?

I'm glad you mentioned that book. I always wanted to read it, but these days with the internet and iphones, all the latest technology, it seems a lot of people have moved away from reading "real" books. Kind of sad. I've been thinking I want to get back to reading. Have been trying to look for some good books, and you just reminded me of one I wanted to read years ago!:scared:

I kinda wonder if Ann Rule will ever write about this case. Isn't she supposed to be the Mecca of true crime writers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie