Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SAR ground unit - OPP

brandtford area search/lancaster

MP investigation with unusual circumstances (already stated that -ooh he told that reporter)

Great reporting! :)
Ancaster is the name of the town/city

ughhhh test driving a car at 9:20pm?! yuck. i wonder what time his cell phone last pinged?

human life is worth more than the price of a truck!! and a truck is not worth life in prison!

Thanks everyone, I came to update with the msm link finally but you all got to it.

My heart goes out to his wife and daughter. I'm glad they've added more resources but they couldve made it pretty far by now. IMO.I think the truck will be found abandoned somewhere. Praying Timothy if found unharmed.

i just had a thought... perhaps these 2 men are on the run for some reason and needed a vehicle to try and get further away? "test driving" a car or truck that was for sale would be an "easy" way to get their hands on a vehicle. but why would they pick a gas guzzler?!

I wonder if these guys are working for a chop shop.

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/index.php?id=58

The stolen car industry is a 600 Million dollar a year illicit industry in Canada. In Ontario over 52,000 cars are stolen a year. Sixty percent are recovered in what are called transportation crimes (used and dumped). The remainder is the result of organized enterprise auto theft.

Perhaps worth noting: The house I believe to belongs to Tim is located 16 minutes from where Audrey Gleave lived in Ancaster.

I was weary of Kijiji before this, but now - I'm resolved not to use it for anything. The Internet can certainly be a frightening place....

I can't imagine anyone killing someone just for a truck when there's so many other ways to steal a vehicle. Who would risk being charged with murder as opposed to grand theft auto? Someone very desperate I think....

Hopefully they kept Tim alive. Maybe knocked him unconscious and left him somewhere rural?

posted ad on 4/28
6th at 920 pm went on 2 men test drive
told wife they were from toronto
meeting set by phone

spouse saw no other vehicle

spouse saw the 2 men

why homicide squad? due to unusual MP circumstances

BBM

Toronto is at least 45 minutes away from rural Ancaster by car. Even if they were local, I don't believe they could easily take public transit to TB's home. So either they parked their vehicle out of sight, or someone else (a taxi? friend?) dropped them off, or they rode bicycles?

I actually purchased my car used through Kijiji, and when I went to test drive the car, the owner didn't want to go with me but he did ask for my driver's license. I thought it was an odd request (because if I got pulled over by the police I would need it) but now I think it's smart. Maybe it could have made a difference in this case.

there are trucks all over, it is so sketchy that they called and made an appointment to drive / see the truck.

BBM

Toronto is at least 45 minutes away from rural Ancaster by car. Even if they were local, I don't believe they could easily take public transit to TB's home. So either they parked their vehicle out of sight, or someone else (a taxi? friend?) dropped them off, or they rode bicycles?

I actually purchased my car used through Kijiji, and when I went to test drive the car, the owner didn't want to go with me but he did ask for my driver's license. I thought it was an odd request (because if I got pulled over by the police I would need it) but now I think it's smart. Maybe it could have made a difference in this case.

Exactly, when my husband sells cars on Kijiji, he does this exact thing, holds their drivers license.

Kijiji (in my opinion) should post these types of safety tips.

here is the truck image from the facebook Group:
942838_10152793414490557_48912614_n.jpg

Arghhh ... the ad is gone already.

Anybody know if there's a screenshot of the ad, and all the details on the truck, other than just the make?

During the press conference, the police mentioned he had also listed the truck on Auto Trader. I found this ad - all of the details line up (note the orange lights on the top of the truck, the make, model, year, colour, licence plate, and the seller's location):

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Dodge/RAM 3500 PICKUP/ANCASTER/Ontario/19_6920989_/?showcpo=ShowCPO

One of the posters on the FB site had a good idea .. that even though the meetup was arranged by phone and no emails were shared, kijiji should be able to provide a list of IPs that checked out his ad

Posted on the FB [age for Tim, someone transcribed the Presser this morning, I have bolded some of the confirmations...

Please note: I am NOT a transcriptionist….
Dt Srgt Matt Cavenagh, Homecide
Regarding a missing person, Timothy Bosma.
On April 28th, Timothy Bosma posted his 2007 Dodge Ram pickup truck for sale on two different websites. On Monday May 6th, a male party arranged by telephone to view the truck at Mr. Bosma’s residence in Ancaster. At approximately 9:20 pm, Mr. Bosma went for a test drive with two young males in this pickup truck. Mr. Bosma had told his spouse that the males stated that they were from Toronto.
Mr. Bosma has not been seen from or heard from since this time. Police were notified of Mr. Bosma’s disappearance immediately by his spouse and the Mountain Criminal Investigation division began an investigation late on May 6th. Due to the unusual nature of this disappearance, the homicide unit will now take the lead in this investigation as per our policy from the Hamilton Police Service.
Through witnesses, police have developed a description of the two males that Mr. Bosma was last seen with.

First male
White
6’1”-2”
170-180 lbs
Mid 20s
Light to medium short brown hair
Unshaven
Blue jeans
Long sleeve orange shirt
Running shoes

Second male
White
5’9”-10”
Small to medium build
Early to mid twenties
Dark hair
Red hooded sweatshirt, hood up over head

These males were last seen in Mr. Bosma’s vehicle, described as a 2007 Dodge Ram pickup, black in colour, with an Ontario license plate 726 7ZW. Police are asking anyone with information regarding Mr Bosma’s location to contact Det. Greg Rezoniak (sp?) of the Homicide unit at 905-546-4863 or to call crime stoppers with any information. Thank you.
Matt, when did you develop that profile or description of the two suspects?
Last night.
Why was it held back from the media?
It wasn’t held back from the media, it was developed last night & this was the first opportunity we’ve had to release it.
Will you have photos or images available of the suspects?
Right now, there is no video evidence.
Will you be making drawings?
Making drawings? I haven’t talked to my ident about that, but it is possible, yes.
Which two websites was the truck posted on?
Kijiji & Auto Trader.
What about the third male that reportedly dropped the other two off, is there any connection to that, or was that just a rumour?
I’m not sure where you are getting that from.
Social media.
It is possible that other people are involved, and we know nothing about those people. Right now, all we have is a description of the two suspects that attended the residence.
Was there a car or anything there that they would have left, like to get there, if they were from Toronto?
The residents, the spouse did not see any other vehicle
How many people came to the house?
Two.

Only two?
Yes.
And did she see them?
Yes, she did
What is homicide’s policy for getting the homicide squad involved?
As I said at the beginning of this press release, if it is an unusual missing person, then we are to be involved. And this has unusual circumstances right on the onset, so we got involved yesterday, last night.
Any sign yet, or information at all concerning the truck?
None at all.
It has been flagged at the border, its been put out through all police agencies and through the media, and hopefully someone locates this vehicle.
Are we to assume the suspects are back in Toronto?
No, we’re not. The information that we had from Mr. Bosma, he relayed to his spouse that they were from the Toronto area, I can’t confirm that either way, if they were from there or not.
Have you been able to get into the accounts to see if there were any email addresses or anything like that yet?
Unfortunately, in this case Mr. Bosma had put his own phone number on the websites, so therefore the people called him directly and there is no information from the computers to be gained.

Did he have his phone with him at the time of the disappearance?
Yes, he did.
Were you able to trace that, or did he make any calls from it?
It’s been turned off. But yes, we have some data from it.

What kind of searches will you be carrying out?
Last night, as well as all yesterday, and today, and we expect tomorrow if nothing is found we have a ground search which includes our canine unit, includes OPP officers, includes our search & rescue team. It’s up to the search coordinator, but there are other resources that are available to him, such as an OPP plane.
Where is this happening?
This is in the Ancaster to Brantford area.

How can the public help?
Contact the detective or crime stoppers with any information at all about the description of these two male parties or anything if they see Mr. Bosma’s truck.
I realize that this is a very common vehicle, the only difference is that this is a very large vehicle. It is a 3500, which is a work vehicle, and it is also a diesel truck. So, any information they can provide.
Did Bosma tell his wife where they were heading for the drive, like down the street, or anything like that?
I don’t believe Mr. Bosma knew. It was just for a test drive, they were going out.
What time was his cell phone turned off?
I’m not going to say that, but it was turned off.

So, is this a missing persons case or a murder investigation?
This is a missing persons investigation with unusual circumstances. I think I’ve already spoke that.
Regarding the two websites, because they are so vastly used by many people, should the public be looking for certain things that might pop up again on these two websites?
Oh, definitely. A description of these two males. If a male calls them to see their pick up… Obviously these males, in the evidence we have so far, they were targeting a certain type of vehicle, it was a Dodge Ram 3500, so if they have that type of vehicle for sale, they are to beware and use more common sense as far as to give these people your home address. Possibly meet them somewhere in the middle of the day, and not in a rural location, just for their own safety.
So, this truck, you think, was the target, not Bosma specifically?
That’s correct.

Thank you.

Arghhh ... the ad is gone already.

Anybody know if there's a screenshot of the ad, and all the details on the truck, other than just the make?

I hope somehow LE can check through Kijiji to see who has all clicked on the details for the ad and then go back and check IP addresses, and maybe track something that way???

Thanks for typing all that out LoyalSleuth!

I wonder if TB sat in the passenger seat for the test drive, or if he was in the back. I'm trying to figure out what they might have done to him, and how soon after pulling out of his driveway.

It's also interesting that they're targeting the search from Ancaster to Brantford (and not towards Toronto, which is where the two guys said they were from). Maybe there are witnesses who saw the truck get on the westbound 403 (that's a highway for the non-locals).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back