AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Glad to answer all questions I can. I believe that most of you guys have more info (screenshots) from the beginning that I do, as I was new to all of this and never thought in the beginning that all these things would transpire.

If someone asks me a question and I don't answer right away or I skip your question Please forgive me I will come back to the question. I'm still navigating my way around here.:please:

:gthanks:

Thanks again for joining us. You have so much going on, please don't feel the need to answer each and every question. Frankly, there might be some questions that are best unanswered at times. Having said that, any input or thoughts you do share are truly appreciated.

My question may be difficult to answer. I am curious as to the general feel or atmosphere surrounding those arrested and the charges they face. Is there an appreciation by those charged of the seriousness of the charges or do they dismiss those charges as frivolous? I know that I might be asking you to get into the minds of others, but sometimes it can be discerned by how they are acting outwardly. In the various court appearances, it seems to me like they act like it's a family bbq or get together more than a hearing on serious and disgusting charges. That could be a defense or coping mechanism on their part but was curious what your take is on that. Thank you so much for any insight.

ETA - I want to be clear that when I speak of family bbq, I'm talking about the twins and their siblings and significant others.

Steph,
When Brittney first went missing, I remember LE telling the media they believed she was just "hiding" somewhere. Is this what you all (you and Mr. Wallace) were led to believe too? If so, did you find it plausible?
When did LE tell the family or indicate to the family that they didn't think she was "hiding" after all?

Also, just wanna add....I read some of the things Mr. Wallace posted in comments on FB and on articles and I could feel his pain & frustration. It's obvious he desperately wants people who are withholding the truth about the sex abuse & Britt to come forward. Something about the way he spoke (wrote?) reminded me of my own dad. :) I know he loves Britt and is trying to do right by her.
WH had a bad feeling once we were told (6/2/12)by one of BW's friends that she went with DH we started really searching for her on 6/3/12 at the location that DH shot himself. It wasn't until we were told by LE that the phone records showed that they were together on 5/30 and traveled to Styx River. Then I got that sinking feeling once the arrest started on 6/19 that was also the first we had heard that LE believe that BW was a victim of DH's.

LE for months kept telling us that they thought she was hiding. Then around mid to late August LE (MPD)on BW case stopped answering our calls. There are 2 different counties of LE involved BCSO is handling the Sex crimes and MPD is handling BW missing person case.

Thanks again for joining us. You have so much going on, please don't feel the need to answer each and every question. Frankly, there might be some questions that are best unanswered at times. Having said that, any input or thoughts you do share are truly appreciated.

My question may be difficult to answer. I am curious as to the general feel or atmosphere surrounding those arrested and the charges they face. Is there an appreciation by those charged of the seriousness of the charges or do they dismiss those charges as frivolous? I know that I might be asking you to get into the minds of others, but sometimes it can be discerned by how they are acting outwardly. In the various court appearances, it seems to me like they act like it's a family bbq or get together more than a hearing on serious and disgusting charges. That could be a defense or coping mechanism on their part but was curious what your take is on that. Thank you so much for any insight.

ETA - I want to be clear that when I speak of family bbq, I'm talking about the twins and their siblings and significant others.
IMO, there is Not a seriousness of the charges appreciation not even by DW, I hope by now he realizes that this is No joke or a bad dream.

IMO, DK acts like he's sure his family money will save him.

I have not been in court when WWH was there but on TV it's seems to have that cat that swallowed the canary grin, it wasn't as big once the misdemeanor was raised to 4 felonies, kinda like I got away with more than you know. JMO

Thank you so much for joining, BrittsStepMom. Welcome!

I also feel WWH is doing the "This is nothing!" sorta grin. Glad I'm not the only one that interrupted her actions as such. I'm sure it is "just nothing". I can't ever decide who makes me more sick: her or Dustin. Something about him really sets me off and I felt that way long before we heard the sordid details of it all. It's his face.

Anyway ..

I am a big believer in gut instinct and first instinct being right most of the time. Was there anything right around the time Brittney went missing that made you get that gut feeling that things were NOT right? This is concerning her mother and I hope I'm not crossing a line by asking this either. We've all speculated here (which I'm sure you've seen) and the one thing none of us know is the vibe around then - the way people were to YOU and WH. These are things that I'm super curious about because I have my own theory but it could be way off base since I don't have any 1st hand acct (obv)

I also feel WWH is doing the "This is nothing!" sorta grin. Glad I'm not the only one that interrupted her actions as such. I'm sure it is "just nothing". I can't ever decide who makes me more sick: her or Dustin. Something about him really sets me off and I felt that way long before we heard the sordid details of it all. It's his face.

Anyway ..

I am a big believer in gut instinct and first instinct being right most of the time. Was there anything right around the time Brittney went missing that made you get that gut feeling that things were NOT right? This is concerning her mother and I hope I'm not crossing a line by asking this either. We've all speculated here (which I'm sure you've seen) and the one thing none of us know is the vibe around then - the way people were to YOU and WH. These are things that I'm super curious about because I have my own theory but it could be way off base since I don't have any 1st hand acct (obv)
I agree about DK giving a bad vibe, my first real anytime spent around him was BW's baby's Bday party @ CW's house and WH, myself and 2 others were discussing later that evening that they felt the same as myself about him, something just not right, hair on the back of your neck standing up kinda thing.

No there was nothing odd around the time of BW disappearing and DH said suicide. From shortly after PH was born in 2010 CW and I would talk several times through out the day and it continued until that day in late Sept early Oct when her and I stopped speaking.

Anyway ..

Like I said earlier we were told of DH being accused not long after it went down but was told by CW that he passed his LD and I remember the day 6/1/12 when CW called me and told me he attempted suicide I said to her I'm sorry but he must've done that to the victim why else kill himself.

Steph,
Thank you so much for taking the time to come here and answer questions. I know it has to be overwhelming. I cannot even imagine how full your PM Box is at this point, on top of us here posing questions. I'm happy that you're here, and I do hope you'll join us in discussing - and when you can, clear up anything any of us has wrongly speculated. I don't want to speak for everyone but I'm going to take a leap and do so anyway. Everyone that is in this thread, currently posting and keeping it alive - all want what is best for your family. We all care immensely for you, and your husband, your granddaughter and step daughter. Our goal has always been to bring Brittney home. Always. At times some of us have upset the others, but we've worked it out - brushed it under the rug and came back to continue this fight. This is a case we all feel on a very personal level. Some of us are survivors of sexual trauma, some of us did questionable things/drugs etc when we were growing up. But we survived it, and Brittney's case could have been anyone of us. At least for me that's how I view it.

There isn't a single day that goes by in which I don't think of her. I always think of Brittney. Always. And while it may be strange that a total stranger online would consider the life and safety of another total stranger - it is the way things are for me and - for many others. I used to roll my eyes at people who commented that "I think of this person every single day". I always felt they were being dramatic, but now I know what a case can do to you without ever having known the victim. I took this one home with me, and I have no regrets in doing so.

Stephanie, you and Wallace have been champions. Kind spirited and loving champions, of a daughter you so desperately want to save. I know this isn't easy for you, and I can't even fathom how terrifying of an ordeal this all must be. To know now what you do, about all of these monsters that you watched befriend Brittney and even Peyton. To feel almost helpless in a way. Just know that we are all here to support you and be YOUR champions too. Sometimes things can become overbearing and heavy, do not hesitate to confide, rant or express your feelings here. You are among friends, and people that are waiting with baited breath to hear "We have set up a trust fund for Peyton" or "Can anyone help us organize a search" and even "I really could use someone to talk to". You are not alone. You are cared about. Please don't ever feel that it's asking too much or imposing if there comes a time in which you need help in anyway.

Please give my best to Wallace. I do hope you'll stick around Websleuths for awhile. I hope maybe there is something here you can take away that might be of some use to this case as well. Brittney is very fortunate to have such a terrific mother figure, you are just awesome.

Best Wishes,
Astr0.

@BrittsStepMom
I'm so glad that you joined, I think, particularly in this case, having such a close insider engaged in the conversation with us will increase the chances of finding answers exponentially.
I see that you've been answering sooo many questions (thank you for that and for all of your insight) so the only question I have for you right now is, how are you doing? How are you and Brittney's Dad holding up?
I'm local, right in Daphne, so please message me if there is anything I can personally do that would be a help whether it be with searching, taking care of some particular task that needs to be done to assists in your search or even just something on a more personal level that would serve to lighten this unimaginable burden for you and your husband, anything I can directly do that can in some way allow for a few moments of peace. I'm not just willing, I'm anxious to do and would consider it an honor to help. I simply can not fathom what it must be like to not know where your child is. I only lost sight my littlest one once at May Day park when she was about 2 years old. The wind was so loud on the beach I could barely hear my own voice screaming her name let alone hear her crying or answer. She was out of my sight for probably less than 1 whole minute, I think I only spun around in 2 360's before I saw her, but it felt like the darkest eternity, the number of complete scenarios that ran through my mind in those few seconds are incredible. When I did see her, she had fallen into a deep puddle that had been left after the tide had gone out, it was deep enough to have turned out tragically but thankfully that was not the outcome. If you and you're husband have to endure an ongoing and unrelenting feeling that is anywhere close to what I felt in those few seconds then, there is absolutely nothing I would not do to help alleviate that for another person. Anything. Anytime.
I'll be continuing to send you, Brittney's Dad, and Brittney and all that truly love her my daily thoughts and vibrations of love, peace, healing and resolution through the light of truth.

Steph,
Was it common for Brittney to hang out with Donnie? If so, do you know how common?

Also, Steph, I know you don't know the answer to this and only Wendy does, but I wonder if you or any WSers have any thoughts about this-
I seem to remember Wendy making a big deal of how she and/or DH had told Brittney she could come visit but something like "had to get her own ride" or complaining about how she never had a ride. We know now DH picked her up.....
Why did Wendy make such a big deal about Brittney not riding with DH or finding her own ride? What was she trying to distract from? Why try to make it look like ok, Brittney did meet up with DH but she got a ride from someone else or walked. Did something happen in the truck or another vehicle right after he picked her up? Why the distraction away from the vehicle? Why make such a big deal about her finding her own ride? Why did Chessie continually say she left on foot (or at least this was what we heard in the beginning...and I assume it's what she told Steph & Wallace?)? Hmmm...

Thanks, it is a daily roller coaster of emotions for us both. Some times hourly.

Thank you for coming to our forum and most of all, thank you for everything you've done on behalf of Brittney.

I have a million questions I'd like to ask! I'll try to keep it to a minimum. Were you aware, or did it surprise you to learn Brittney carried a gun? What was her demeanor that last time you saw her? Were you concerned about her in any way? How about her father: was he concerned about her?

Thank you!

Steph,
Was it common for Brittney to hang out with Donnie? If so, do you know how common?

Also, Steph, I know you don't know the answer to this and only Wendy does, but I wonder if you or any WSers have any thoughts about this-
I seem to remember Wendy making a big deal of how she and/or DH had told Brittney she could come visit but something like "had to get her own ride" or complaining about how she never had a ride. We know now DH picked her up.....
Why did Wendy make such a big deal about Brittney not riding with DH or finding her own ride? What was she trying to distract from? Why try to make it look like ok, Brittney did meet up with DH but she got a ride from someone else or walked. Did something happen in the truck or another vehicle right after he picked her up? Why the distraction away from the vehicle? Why make such a big deal about her finding her own ride? Why did Chessie continually say she left on foot (or at least this was what we heard in the beginning...and I assume it's what she told Steph & Wallace?)? Hmmm...

SUCH a good answer and something I totally forgot about. I like how Wendy was making it seem like Brittney had become a recent bother to their finances (gas, car rides, phone bill) when now it looks like she was just stating these things to cover up things.

Steph,

Ok, I'm going off the top of my head, but trying to put together a list of the suspicious behavior by Wendy.

1. You named one, the whole, but DH didn't pick her up.
2. I recall her denying Brittney was even with DH at all. Said she took the kids to see DH and Brittney was never there.
3. Deleted information off of the cell phone.
4. The sex crimes go without saying.
5. Drug use?

What else is out there.

Ok, I'm going off the top of my head, but trying to put together a list of the suspicious behavior by Wendy.

1. You named one, the whole, but DH didn't pick her up.
2. I recall her denying Brittney was even with DH at all. Said she took the kids to see DH and Brittney was never there.
3. Deleted information off of the cell phone.
4. The sex crimes go without saying.
5. Drug use?

What else is out there.

*waited before calling 911 when she found DH after he had shot himself (busy cleaning up his phone???)
*Hacked Brittney's Facebook (no telling what got deleted)
*When DH was on his death bed she couldn't help posting about a cute doctor at the hospital (Seriously?Who does that?)
*posted the night he went to get Brittney that her kids were sick. Like she was already planning her alibi

Just to name a few

A belated welcome to BrittStepMon! I can't tell you how happy we are to have you here with us.
I too, think of Brittney, and her family, every single day. There one day, and then not a word. (Except the trickle of darkness about her maternal family and their legal status) I try, but probably cannot come close to knowing what you and her dad are going through. Many times we have been so very glad to know your efforts.
Have LE hinted at any time period in terms of other charges being laid? These things seem to take so long.

What if Britt never did meet up with DH?

didn't their cell ping in diff areas?
didn't DH try calling her many times that night?

Could it be wendy she met?

Welcome Stephanie!

First, I am so sorry this is happening to your family. I pray Brittney is found. Brittney's innocent daughter deserves to have some sort of peace. I will not pretend to understand how you must feel, I can only imagine how maddening this must be for you and WH.

Second, I want to see justice for Brittney and every victim of these sick vile monsters. I have zero compassion for any of the charged suspects or any family member who knew and did nothing to protect these children. I am of the opinion this world is a better place w/o DH. I hope one day these victims can see they are survivors, warriors and no longer victims. I pray they find a happy and healthy life.

I admire how you and WH have handled yourself while surrounded by these monsters and dysfunction. In no way can this be easy. I'm certain Brittney would be proud. Thank you for sharing with us here at WS.

:welcome5:​

@BrittsStepMom
I'm so glad that you joined, I think, particularly in this case, having such a close insider engaged in the conversation with us will increase the chances of finding answers exponentially.
I see that you've been answering sooo many questions (thank you for that and for all of your insight) so the only question I have for you right now is, how are you doing? How are you and Brittney's Dad holding up?
I'm local, right in Daphne, so please message me if there is anything I can personally do that would be a help whether it be with searching, taking care of some particular task that needs to be done to assists in your search or even just something on a more personal level that would serve to lighten this unimaginable burden for you and your husband, anything I can directly do that can in some way allow for a few moments of peace. I'm not just willing, I'm anxious to do and would consider it an honor to help. I simply can not fathom what it must be like to not know where your child is. I only lost sight my littlest one once at May Day park when she was about 2 years old. The wind was so loud on the beach I could barely hear my own voice screaming her name let alone hear her crying or answer. She was out of my sight for probably less than 1 whole minute, I think I only spun around in 2 360's before I saw her, but it felt like the darkest eternity, the number of complete scenarios that ran through my mind in those few seconds are incredible. When I did see her, she had fallen into a deep puddle that had been left after the tide had gone out, it was deep enough to have turned out tragically but thankfully that was not the outcome. If you and you're husband have to endure an ongoing and unrelenting feeling that is anywhere close to what I felt in those few seconds then, there is absolutely nothing I would not do to help alleviate that for another person. Anything. Anytime.
I'll be continuing to send you, Brittney's Dad, and Brittney and all that truly love her my daily thoughts and vibrations of love, peace, healing and resolution through the light of truth.
Thank you for I asking. I am taking it day by day. I couldn't have made it this far with out the support of Team Brittney they have been my rock who I can lean on anytime about anything (Thanks Guys).

As you can imagine it has and is continuing to take a toll on us but we push along. I personally have been so disgusted at how LE has shunned me as just the Step Mom of an adult nothing more nothing less. As most of you have seen Wallace likes for me to be his mouth piece. They have at times left him out because of Britt being an adult and not being the one who reported her missing but they don't take into account that we were @ CW's when the report was filed they wouldn't let him sign being that it was not his residence.

Steph,

Yes it was VERY common for BW to hang out w/DH @ any giving time. She could call him any hour day or night and he would drive All the mile to get her or bring her money.

I personally always found it odd, but it was always dismissed. I have only been around for 5 yrs and a handful of months so I was told it's always been that way that the Wood family is close.

CW has always maintained that BW walked out of the yard and down the road that evening. Only by the phone pings do we know that BW & DH met up in CW neighborhood also DK, MWK neighborhood and traveled to Styx River house owned by the "friends".

IMO WWH & all the Wood's have been nothing but shady in there information given. I like so many others here think something more sinister than suicide happened to DH. I also believe that he's is being made the fall guy by the rest involved, don't get me wrong he was a demon and deserved the the death he got I wish he would've had more pain though but he was NOT alone in the sex crimes and I differ from LE in my opinion that he was the ring leader he might have began as it but WWH IMO took over way before his demise.
If I got off track I'm sorry. No she did not get in another vehicle phone pings and records show that they traveled together and for over 4 hrs they sat at the Styx River house where she was having text conversations with more than one person. He was having conversations also. As far as the truck nothing was found in there (that LE told us) to be believed as signs of struggle only things like her hair on the seat which co-insides with knowing he picked her up.

Thank you for coming to our forum and most of all, thank you for everything you've done on behalf of Brittney.

I have a million questions I'd like to ask! I'll try to keep it to a minimum. Were you aware, or did it surprise you to learn Brittney carried a gun? What was her demeanor that last time you saw her? Were you concerned about her in any way? How about her father: was he concerned about her?

Thank you!
WH and I were very surprised about the gun, we were told on the morning of 6/2 by CW about it, had never heard anything of it before that. WH had spoken to BW on the phone in the afternoon 5/29 nothing seemed out of sorts that day. BW actually had PH @ CW's at that time, so that's the last time BW & PH where together :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member