VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

I can't believe it's been almost a year. The most recent interview with his wife (1/25/2012 - see post #256) was heartbreaking. Based on her description of him, he sounds like such a sweet man.

I still believe he met with foul play. I think he went to meet up with someone, and something went wrong. Not sure who, or why. I keep wondering why someone who by all appearances adored his wife and young daughter would lie about his plans that day. None of the reasons I can come up with are good.

One Year Later, Missing Man's Wife Looks for Answers

"I was just running around the house like a butterfly. I was so excited," Tara Hourihan said, recalling the Easter Sunday 15 years ago when she first told her future husband she had feelings for him. "To have something like this be on this day is quite painful."

That something is her husband's disappearance. Exactly one year ago Sunday, Robert Hourihan left his home in the Columbia area and never returned.

More: http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...ng_Mans_Wife_Looks_for_Answers_146615535.html

It has been a year and a half since Robert Lee Hourihan disappeared, and his wife says dealing with his absence hasn't gotten any easier.

"It's unbearable at times," says Tara Hourihan, Robert's wife. "I have to pray daily for strength and patience because it can get extremely overwhelming for me and my daughter."

Melody, Hourihan's seven year old daughter has taken it the hardest.

"She went from having a father that was always there, loving her and providing for her, playing with her to just one day he disappears. He vanishes."

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...Disappearance-Still-Unanswered-180537321.html

Thank you for bumping this. I could not remember his exact name and was having issues looking for an update. Seems like there isn't one :( Where are you, Robert?

Hourihan missing two years; authorities seeking help to find him

An investigation by the Fluvanna County Sheriff’s Office into the disappearance of Robert Lee Hourihan – missing for two years as of April 8 – has proven fruitless.

But the sheriff’s office is still seeking the public’s help, said Lt. David R. Wells. “There is no real progress in the case, but I want to put the information out to try to stir up interest and possible leads,” Wells said in an email to the Fluvanna Review.

More: http://www.fluvannareview.com/index...elp-to-find-him&catid=34:headlines&Itemid=152

bumping for Mr. Hourihan and his wee girl Melody. He's been on my mind today.

I was visiting my Uncle out in that area this past weekend and received bad directions from my brother. I was told to ask a man down the street since he had lived there for 30 years and when I knocked on the door I saw the flyer posted for Robert Hourihan.A web search brought me here.

Two things immediately stood out to me about this case.

The first is that Robert got dressed that Friday morning for work even though he was off that day.Had he been laid off or fired? Doest that explain why he lied to his wife?

The second thing that struck me as odd wouldnt have been noticed by anyone else here and thats because it concerns a case (or cases) that havent been listed on this site yet.

The first is Waverly Sharpe who went missing within 15 miles of Robert Hourihan. He was dropped off at his house by a friend after leaving a party and hasnt been seen since. Both his cigarettes and his wallet were found on a table by his front door and no signs of foul play were found in his residence. August 1997

The second is Billy Maxwell who was given a ride part of the way home after a party, not 6 miles from Waverly Sharpes house.He was last seen by 3 paper carriers at 3am hitchhiking down the road. When one of the paper carriers came back along that route he found Billy laying in the middle of the road. He was breathing but unresponsive when the carrier arrived and later died at the scene September 18th 2010

The third is Joan Weigelhofer who was found dead in her Real Estate office 3 miles from Waverly Sharpes home.She died of a .40 caliber gunshot wound Aug. 14, 2003.

Im not aware if the FBI or the Goochland County Sheriffs Office has considered the possibility of these deaths/missing persons being related. First they are incredibly close together and in an isolated rural setting and with the exception of Robert Hourihan fall at 6-7 year intervals.

Robert Hourihans disappearance could be entirely unrelated given there is only 1 year between his disappearance and Billy Maxwels hit and run but this could also point to an escalation of homicidal behavior. It should also be noted that not all serial killers stick to the same M.O over time even though this stereotype has been reinforced by crime dramas and the media.

I felt that it this information was worth mentioning here in the off chance that it could bring some closure to these families. My heart goes out to them and all the suffering they have endured as a result of such heinous actions.

The thing that has always struck me funny about this case (and I cannot believe it's been TWO years) is the fact that he dressed for work. THAT is what makes me think this is a voluntary disappearance.

But seriously, IDK

The thing that has always struck me funny about this case (and I cannot believe it's been TWO years) is the fact that he dressed for work. THAT is what makes me think this is a voluntary disappearance.

But seriously, IDK

I kind of agree, as it seems it would have come out by now if he had been fired and just did not want to admit it.

A friend of Robert's (JK) posted something interesting on FB around the time that Roberts disappeared.

If it's true then it could explain why he wasn't reported missing until Sunday.

I don't think he was expected home until then.

:moo::moo:

Keeping in mind the TOS, can you give us an idea what that was?

I would love to know what his wife thinks about him dressing for work that day. Surely she has some insight or has come to some conclusion. I wish she would share. It may help shed some light.

I have a friend whose husband dressed for work and left every day for a week, until one of his co-workers saw her and said he hoped her husband found a job soon. He had been fired and didn't tell her. So this could be the case. But even if he took off that morning with no plans of where to go, he had to have a plan at Target. If not, it was foul play with no leads after all this time. It's terrible for his family.

A friend of Robert's (JK) posted something interesting on FB around the time that Roberts disappeared.

If it's true then it could explain why he wasn't reported missing until Sunday.

I don't think he was expected home until then.

Can you refresh my memory? I followed this case and his wife was VERY hinky to me. Not to mention that his FB missing page went down in a hurry and, IIRC, he was declared dead very quickly.

Can you refresh my memory? I followed this case and his wife was VERY hinky to me. Not to mention that his FB missing page went down in a hurry and, IIRC, he was declared dead very quickly.

Rob's friend JK posted that Rob had plans to go to New York with a man named Danny.

I'm not so sure the wife is involved here. I doubt the 'happy marriage' story but rather than her being directly involved in Rob's disappearance, I think TH found a solution to her problem. This would explain her apparent lack of concern.

Re the facebook page for Robert. I found it yesterday.'Please help find Tara Colley's husband (Robert Lee Hourihan).'
https://www.facebook.com/events/107530259330486/

I have a few questions and maybe someone knows the answers:

* Why was he declared dead so quickly? Isnt there a certain waiting period ?
* Was there any insurance, will or monetary gains for the wife?
* Has family (parents, siblings, etc) ever been involved ?
* Where is the wife now?

In most cases that I have read on WS, there is usually some input from the law, in this almost none.... how come ???

I have a few questions and maybe someone knows the answers:

* Why was he declared dead so quickly? Isnt there a certain waiting period ?
* Was there any insurance, will or monetary gains for the wife?
* Has family (parents, siblings, etc) ever been involved ?
* Where is the wife now?

In most cases that I have read on WS, there is usually some input from the law, in this almost none.... how come ???

Thanks ozgirl!!!

I wish we all knew the answers to these questions, Frannie. This case has bothered me from the minute I heard it. Someone got away with murder. I don't think he left willingly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back