GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.toledolegalnews.com/marriagelicenses/details/ref_index/8055

This link, if it works, seems to show that Terry and Angela filed their marriage license on june 3, 2011. So, would that be the date they married, or just the day they applied for their license? If it was the day the married, then their 2 year anniversary would have been the day after Elaina went missing. Noteworthy or coincidence?

Interesting thought! They went down and got the license, then were married by a justice of the piece right afterward at the courthouse. I didn't realize the date!

She certainly looks tall enough to reach a doorknob . I was thinking in her pic in the stroller, she looks like a real tall girl. Both her parents appear tall or somewhat tall . Its hard to say though. I'm wondering about her 'possible' bone issue as a little one in relation to Angela saying she had ' issues' that she and her dad could help her with. Hopefully Ferret will be along soon and can tell us if Elaina had any growth or bone issues that might prevent her from getting around on her own. I have a feeling we would have heard so by now, so I'm guessing she's as agile and mobile as the next toddler.

No mobility issues. I do not know her height, but TJ is about 6'3 and Angela is about 5'6.

In at least some if not all states you have to wait 24 hours from certificate to marriage. My husband and I accidentally tried to get married 22.5 hours later and had to wait. LOL, different state though.

No waiting period in Ohio.

"Do not give Suboxone to anyone under 18 years old without medical advice. The use of this medicine by a child can result in death. Seek emergency medical attention if a child has accidentally swallowed the medication."
(from above link).

Hopefully there is zero chance of accidental ingestion.

"Do not give Suboxone to anyone under 18 years old without medical advice. The use of this medicine by a child can result in death. Seek emergency medical attention if a child has accidentally swallowed the medication."
(from above link).

Idk about Ohio but here the clinic does not give it to the patient to take home. They have to go to the center every day at a set time and take their dose while supervised because selling it has became such a problem.

I have a question for Ferretmommy if you check in today.

I hope that this is not offensive in any way, but we have looked at little Elaina's pictures. There are pictures of her from the fall of last year where she looks quite happy. Unfortunately, in many of the recent pictures that they are using in the media, she does not have that "sparkle" in her eye. She just doesn't look as happy.

So - my question is - did you notice a difference in Elaina's "happiness" at a specific time? Did it by any chance coincide with mommy's relationship with SK?

IMO, she hasn't been happy since their (TJ & AS) relationship started going sour. They were yelling at each other and just general unhappiness in the house and I think she was very aware of it and it upset her that mommy and daddy were fighting. Then at the end of Feb when the living arrangement changed between them, I'm sure she knew of the unhappiness that was going on. When the kids were with TJ and his girlfriend, she made sure she was never far from either one of them, always wanting to be picked up for the contact IMO. Angela never did pay much attention to those kids.

(from above link).

But if she had died from an accidental overdose of a legal prescription, why wouldn't they call 911?

I could see if it was an Oxy or some heroin. But if it was his prescription, why not call an ambulance for help?

I think one of them punched her and so they tried to hide her. I hope she is Okay. :rose:

Like everyone else I have no clue what Angela really meant but ... I have a niece that was born with one foot turned some and she started wearing a sort of boot at 2 months to try and correct it. The doctor felt that because she was a big baby and her mom was really small that Katy was cramped and her foot may have been kinda wedged under her mom's ribs and that caused the problem.

Yes! She also had a slight clubfoot, which was resolved by therapy.

I wonder if she has made any effort or tried to see her 4yr old since this all happened? IMO

AS dad had approached TJ about letting them have Kylee over the weekend for a little while, but TJ kept telling him they would talk about it later. This was Friday afternoon when AS was getting her things out of SK's house. We expected her dad to come back over the weekend time to request her again, but he was nowhere around. TJ had already decided that she was not getting her hands on Kylee.

I really do not even begin to know how to thank you for your personal involvement here at WebSleuths, and for how well you're taking our posts and speculation and questions. I feel so bad for much of what I know you're reading and I just wanted to take a minute to just say that I think more of us are parents and in particular mothers here at WS than most people would think upon first joining, and we all feel so deeply for you right now, and for TJ and Terry Sr and all of Elaina's loving caregivers, friends, and family. We don't mean to sound callous or doomsday, we just, most of us, have followed more missing children's cases from start to finish than the general population and sometimes it can make you jaded from the start, or can put your brain several steps ahead of where your heart wants to let you be, into speculations that seem unnecessarily dark....

oh I don't know what I'm trying to say, I just want to hug you all and then go out and search for Elaina myself in person. Since I feel so helpless to do that, being so far away, this is all I can do is try to find a way to find some bit of a clue from afar, and the only way is through talking things out here like we do. Anyway, just wanted to apologize again for anything that might seem unfeeling or crass, etc... it's all coming from a place of wanting Elaina to be where she belongs, and quite honestly the fury of knowing that even if she's found safe and sound, someone in her life has been abusing her and it's simply got to stop.

:grouphug:

Thank you! Actually, the group's speculations have helped me to remember things also, such as the torticollis and clubfoot issues. Since after the first 2-3 days, I have felt she is not alive, especially hearing they were checking the river and the garbage cans. We have been told that she is alive, but if she really is, then WHY have they not found her yet???

AS dad had approached TJ about letting them have Kylee over the weekend for a little while, but TJ kept telling him they would talk about it later. This was Friday afternoon when AS was getting her things out of SK's house. We expected her dad to come back over the weekend time to request her again, but he was nowhere around. TJ had already decided that she was not getting her hands on Kylee.

I hope he will not let AS have that baby until there is answer to what happened to her sister! She needs protected now more than ever. I'm really glad to see that TJ has a supportive family that is able to help out right now. I can't imagine the hell is in but I'm relieved to know that he isn't having to go through it alone.

As GGE said, I can't thank you enough for being here. We have all fallen in love with Elaina (and what a cutie her sis is too) and it means a lot to have her family sharing more of her with us. If we can help you at all please let us know.

Does Steven know many people in the neighborhood? Did he grow up around there?

To be clear, you mean Terry Sr. told Steven (Angela's BF, well maybe not anymore) to get back up on the porch because Terry Sr. is carrying a concealed weapon (with a permit), and so Steven did so? (I just am trying to be sure I keep the difference between TJ and Terry Sr straight :) )

So then it was after this that Steven was in the house with his friends, then Angela went in, then Steven's mom went in, then Steven left out the back, then Angela screamed and cried, then she found out Elaina was missing, then Steven was found on a different street, then was on a neighbor's porch vomiting?

Perhaps whatever Steven did when he went out the back, was something that he felt might very well prompt Terry Sr. to shoot him, should he be caught. That'd have me vomiting with fear. IMHO

editing to add: I'm trying to figure out the dynamics here, and it would seem that there was no love lost between Terry Sr and Steven. What prompted TJ to get his dad to come help? Was it to be a mediator or was it to threaten Steven or was it to protect TJ from Steven?

I find no fault regardless, just curious whether TJ might've been afraid of Steven/Steven might've been agressive towards TJ, prompting TJ to decide to get his dad since dad has a gun, know what I mean? (If that was the case it seems important to know since that might indicate Steven was in an agressive mood, IF HE WAS, which is NOT what I'm saying, I'm just asking and speculating). Anyway, like I said, I find no fault regardless - I can't say my trigger finger wouldn't have slipped by accident with all the nonsense going on with that poor baby.

JUST MY OPINION

Yes, Terry Sr. told SK to back up b/c he was starting to come down the porch at him, presumably to start a fight. His mother told him to get back in the house. There was no "bad blood" between TS Sr and SK, and TJ said he was getting his dad to come back with him as a mediator.

Fred LeFebvre ‏@fredlefebvre 1h WSPD Talk Show Host
If all goes as planned I will be on with Nancy Grace tomorrow evening to speak about Elaina Steinfurth, the 18... http://fb.me/2uwkc8OTE

If Angela was saying she didn't want to give the baby 'to him' and meant SK, then who was she talking to??

Who else was inside the house at that time? They also know where Elaina is.

:moo:

We are 99% sure the "him" she was referring to was Terry Sr.

Idk about Ohio but here the clinic does not give it to the patient to take home. They have to go to the center every day at a set time and take their dose while supervised because selling it has became such a problem.

I think maybe you are confusing Suboxone with Methadone. Suboxone is not distributed by a clinic like Methadone usually is. It's a sublingual medication, and any DR who writes it has to be trained and must get approved by the DEA. It's usually prescribed by a psychiatist with a specialization in addiction medicine.The Dr writes the script and the addict gets it filled at a pharmacy and takes it home. The addict usually has to pass a urine test every month in order to get another RX for Suboxone, and they visit the DR usually once a month, sometimes more if they are struggling with drug cravings. Suboxone doesn't get the addict high like Methadone can. It helps with withdrawal symptoms and opiate cravings.
Because there's no high, it's not quite as popular as Methadone on the streets.
I have worked for 2 medical practices specializing in addiction medicine/psychiatry. I've had contact with a lot of addicts who were using Suboxone.

Does Steven know many people in the neighborhood? Did he grow up around there?

Yes, I believe he did grow up in that house. I just find it hard to believe no one saw what happened to her, there were at least 11 people living in that house...

Yes she has, and when questioned about it, she said it was because "mommy & Steven were fighting".

Also, when I saw her at TJ's on Memorial Day or the 28th, I noticed Elaina had a horizontal cut on the back of her head, about 1.5-2 inchest across, in the healing scab stage. I asked Kylee if she knew what happened, and she said Steven was shaking her, then he dropped her into the bed and she hit her head on something. They took pics of it and were going to turn them in to CSB

Did you or anyone who seen the the horizontal cut on the back of her head notify CSB?

I'm not judging anyone? .....
just trying to put all the abuse to this child together.

Yes, Terry Sr. told SK to back up b/c he was starting to come down the porch at him, presumably to start a fight. His mother told him to get back in the house. There was no "bad blood" between TS Sr and SK, and TJ said he was getting his dad to come back with him as a mediator.

Thanks. :) I kept getting people mixed up yesterday and into this morning, so today I've been double and triple checking to be sure that this time I'm getting names straight. I appreciate you humoring me with that.

So, my wheels are spinning in my head here and I keep coming back to this question....

if Angela wanted to start a new life in Florida with Elaina,

and

if she somehow has Elaina tucked away safely with someone thinking that shes' going to somehow go do that,

and

if she hardly ever REALLY spent a lot of quality parenting time with the girls anyhow, and even tended to use TV and playpens etc as babysitters more or less rather than being a more hands-on mom,

then

how long until she realizes her dream of a fantasy life with Elaina still requires parenting, and it will be even harder while on the run and having NO support whatsoever from family because of the need to be in hiding?

And then what happens to Elaina?

If she's alive and Angela is hiding her away and planning something like this, she needs to rethink it RIGHT NOW and do the right thing and "find" Elaina.

That right there is the "alive" scenario, IMHO - the one where Angela has her hiding away with someone. So.... hopefully she realizes it's not gonna be all fun and games down in Florida if she's living life hiding a missing baby and just brings her someplace safe right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member