GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I <3 you.... I did not say she or my kid were not easily manipulated;
Your kid and mine are loving and kind. I do not see that in her. I said I did not see "challenges".... ie. mental defect....

I see immaturity and a lack of any interest at all in anyone but herself while in court

I don't understand why so many keep talking about Angela being mentally challenged. She quit school after the 8th grade. Not that she has an 8th grade mentality - what does that mean, anyway? That doesn't seem all that "challenged" to me even if it were the case. I have never heard of a person having an 8th-grade mentality - unless they get into heavy drugs and their maturity is arrested.

There has been some speculation that the police have SK in a safe house due to threats... That would be one way to keep their eye on him.... All speculation though (not sure if that's allowed??)

IMO, I think it is possible Angela may honestly not know where the baby is. I do think she failed parentally on every level, but if SK did take the baby out of the house...why would he ever tell Angela where he took her?

There has been some speculation that the police have SK in a safe house due to threats... That would be one way to keep their eye on him.... All speculation though (not sure if that's allowed??)

that would mean they're protecting him, and since i believe he's their prime suspect, i don't believe this at all. they're watching him, and he's sweating bullets because he knows the noose is tightening and it's only a matter of time until he's in jail.

Wonder if SK is safely tucked away in rehab again?

I keep thinking that this is a good possibility. If so, would LE still have full access to him? I would think so, but I'm not quite sure how that would work.

ETA: Also, I would assume HIPPA (or is it HIPAA) laws would prevent the public from knowing if he is in rehab? Perhaps? Which would also explain why he is seemingly missing? In the presser, LE didn't seem too concerned about where he was, IMO.

i'm late coming to this case and am trying to catch up. it was my understanding that the father said angela and the baby weren't supposed to be at that house.
does anyone know any more about that? had there been a problem with elaina and this BF before?

angela sure was upset over her arrest----far more than she was about her child being 'missing.' she knows what happened and the police probably consider her the weak link that will break and finally tell them what happened to elaina and where she is. i think angela knows everything.

bbm - Ferretmom reported that Elaina's sister said she was scared of SK. That might have led to TJ asking Angela not to go to that house anymore. Just moo.

When i talked about "8th grade mentality", i was talking about how we can behave at 14. Some people never grow out of the selfish teenage behaviours growing up that we can have. We all have different ways of describing things. That is the way i see AM. Selfish, attention seeking & can be easily manipulated with male attention. I also think she freaked in whatever situation she was presented with at the time & wasn't capable of rational thought just followed whatever she was told to do in that 20 mins. Self preservation mode has probably kicked in now & she's possibly trying to justify her behaviour to herself and anyone who will listen to deflect blame from her bad choices that sadly have probably resulted in an outcome that she would never have wanted. While i dont believe for a second i would ever be in that situation i have tried to put myself in hers to try to understand how it could possibly happen. Her former husband is trying to do that himself so for now, until there is real evidence of bad intentions on her part, i want to be someone who gives her a bit of the benefit of doubt & try to understand the situation she put herself & her babies in. Definitely dont like that her bubba is missing & want her found & that she has behaved in an incredibly stupid dangerous way, so its a good thing she has timeout locked up. Sorry for the ramble this situation just makes my blood boil because i think that she shouldn't be the only one locked up.

Very impressive sleuthing and staying within TOS ACandyRose! Thanks!

When i talked about "8th grade mentality", i was talking about how we can behave at 14. Some people never grow out of the selfish teenage behaviours growing up that we can have. We all have different ways of describing things. That is the way i see AM. Selfish, attention seeking & can be easily manipulated with male attention. I also think she freaked in whatever situation she was presented with at the time & wasn't capable of rational thought just followed whatever she was told to do in that 20 mins. Self preservation mode has probably kicked in now & she's possibly trying to justify her behaviour to herself and anyone who will listen to deflect blame from her bad choices that sadly have probably resulted in an outcome that she would never have wanted. While i dont believe for a second i would ever be in that situation i have tried to put myself in hers to try to understand how it could possibly happen. Her former husband is trying to do that himself so for now, until there is real evidence of bad intentions on her part, i want to be someone who gives her a bit of the benefit of doubt & try to understand the situation she put herself & her babies in. Definitely dont like that her bubba is missing & want her found & that she has behaved in an incredibly stupid dangerous way, so its a good thing she has timeout locked up. Sorry for the ramble this situation just makes my blood boil because i think that she shouldn't be the only one locked up.

I tend to believe AS and really like your post, it explains why i haven't gotten as angry at her, she seems to have been trapped in a morass of fear and stupidity. As her stepdad said, she made big mistakes and has to pay for them but that doesn't mean she did more than what we know now and her story fits especially that "if he takes her etc."

Just now had a few minutes to check in. You are all doing a great job with keeping it updated for all of use that can only do a drive by. Thank you
Come home baby Elaina!!!! Still praying for her and the family.

http://www.tmc-clerk.com/caseinformation/

Middle initial "B", birth year 1972.

Let's just say he's not somebody I'd want my kid hanging around with !!

And he's obviously "hell on wheels" if you get the drift !

ACR

edited to add.. if you're wondering if you got the right person in the court records, check case # TRD-11-28479-0404.. 12/21/2011 and there's a .pdf doc to download that shows this person lives a the same address on Federal where his cousin Steven King lives. ;-)

Hi Eileen! You just gave me a thought I haven't seen mentioned. BBM, does anyone know, ( Ferretmommy maybe you ) if TJ was early to pick the kids up ? Generally a visit ends around 6 pm on sundays or that is standard in most court orders, which I think there were not any in place yet. But why didnt' they HIDE Elaina before TJ got there ? Why wait unless they A ) weren't expecting him for a few more hours or B ) thought that he would just go away if Elaina was napping, thus buying them some more time. I wonder if they thought 'what do we do now' and assumed they had a few more hours to figure it out and he showed up early or unexpectedly. Has anyone heard?

ETA My point is it seems stupid to wait until TJ is on the scene to come do all this looking, crying, kidnapping, etc. story. Why not do it an hour earlier and then TJ does not see anyone going out the back, etc. Just seems a last minute plan and if so, why right then? Ohhhh, maybe I just stumbled onto it.Maybe Elaina got hurt earlier and they put her down for a nap, went to get her when TJ arrived and then realized she was hurt worse than they realized and have to now come up with a plan on the spot? Angela stalled him with the nap story so he would not see the eye and nose but didnt' really think baby was :( ..... fill in the blank with a word of your choosing. I can't type it right now.

Schmae - I really really appreciate your commitment to Elaina and my mind is always where you are at here - we are on the same wave length. Sending my love to you, as I know this is really effecting you :( x It is beyond horrifying that a baby can go missing under these circumstances and we are yet to witness an arrest or find the little baby girl. I am praying she is alive, but preparing for the most likely outcome - this should never ever happen to such an innocent little baby girl :(

Well it sounds to me like we need to know Mike's last name so we can figure out where he lives / has lived and see what that looks like in terms of a hiding place. Is that considered sleuthing a non POI ? Mods?
He's not named as a poi or suspect but family members on BOTH sides of Elaina's family have put HIM with HER as the last one(s) with her .

Jumping off your post, SCHMAE.

Mike is sleuthable to the extent that he was in the house and went out the back door with the boyfriend and possibly with Elaina, as reported in MSM.

BUT.... Do not post information on innocent people. If you are not 100% positive you have the RIGHT Mike - do not post the information here. Keep your info under your hat until there is a way to verify that it is the right person. We need to be 100% sure.

Also - the same goes for the owners of the houses searched. Do NOT post their names here. At this point in time, none of these folks have been reported in MSM and there does not appear to be a connection to the case, aside from the fact that they owned a house that was searched.

Thanks!

Salem

Why are there 33 guests viewing this early in the morning?!? Somebody knows something!

there is a link with all the news interviews etc. I can't think of where i saw it. My sister and I were talking about Elaina last night and she wanted me to forward the interviews. I was hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. TIA

Jumping off your post, SCHMAE.

Also - the same goes for the owners of the houses searched. Do NOT post their names here. At this point in time, none of these folks have been reported in MSM and there does not appear to be a connection to the case, aside from the fact that they owned a house that was searched.

Thanks!

Salem

RSBM and underlined as well - just for the sake of accuracy - they have been named in MSM.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...ederal-Street-home-for-Elaina-Steinfurth.html

"The home at 660 Federal St. has been vacant for years, according to authorities and neighbors. The residence is owned by Gerald and Doris Apthorpe, according to the Lucas County Auditor's Office Web site.

Neighbors watched the search from the street and porches.

KL, who was visiting his brother's house on Federal Street, said he believes the missing girl is still alive. Mr. L said he heard that authorities were searching a residence on the street because they found a &#8220;crawlspace on a blueprint.&#8221;"

(much more at link)

http://www.tmc-clerk.com/caseinformation/

Middle initial "B", birth year 1972.

Let's just say he's not somebody I'd want my kid hanging around with !!

And he's obviously "hell on wheels" if you get the drift !

ACR

edited to add.. if you're wondering if you got the right person in the court records, check case # TRD-11-28479-0404.. 12/21/2011 and there's a .pdf doc to download that shows this person lives a the same address on Federal where his cousin Steven King lives. ;-)

I can't see this, can you help me out? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member