AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone.

Does anyone know the exact time Brittney's mom called the police to report her missing? I think it's interesting to say nobody could get in touch with Brittney to let her know Donnie committed suicide so they got concerned & called police to report her missing. Apparently they tried calling her cell all day & night after Donnie was found. However, I wonder the time on June 2nd that police were called bc if it was the morning then that shows true worriment...but if it was end of the day on June 2nd then I'm really questioning the motive. Donnie was found with a gunshot to his head on the 1st. If everybody was truly calling all night long to locate Brittney, then why wait an entire whole other day to report her missing? Why not call right in the morning of the 2nd or even late at night on the 1st? So, this is why I'm curious what time that report was filed. Is it possible if it was late when the report was filed, if her mom maybe thought Britt had something to do with the death or if she thought she was going to be investigated too, so decided to give her time to run before reporting her missing.

If Brittney was reported missing at the end of the day, it helps me to understand more why le may have originally thought Brittney jetted. I do believe people knew detectives were wanting to talk to Brittney & I honestly think that's the true reason she was taken off of Donnie's family plan & put on a pay as you go plan. Maybe detectives thought there was a chance she was complicit and that's why she ran, maybe they thought her family was covering it up since they covered up all these sex crimes for years. Of course le changed direction as far as Britt leaving on her own, but it could explain why they originally thought she ran.

Sooo...this is why I question the time she was reported missing. If it was late into the 2nd, then I question how much more the family is hiding.

The more I think about it, there's no way in hell Brittney didn't know detectives were wanting to talk to her. Upon initially hearing the first molestation/rape claim, detectives would have done a search on immediate family members. Once they did that, they would have seen that WWH's mom <modsnip>. Detectives would have requested to speak with Brittney no doubt. That whole Wood family would have known that. That scum tried for another appeal in 2011 & I thought I read early 2012 too, so it still had to be fresh in their minds. CW having her child rapist supporting egg hatcher living with her makes me wanna lose my frosted mini wheats. There's a reason she won't take a poly... Isn't it kinda odd the Wood family all call these accusers liars? Funny about that, bc they're not saying that about Derek. I know Derek did some extremely bad things, but this is one time I think rehabilitation has a chance of working. He had to be strong to speak the truth. He's not only a criminal, he's a victim as well. No wonder TJ, Derek & Brittney all have serious issues. Jesus...

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney

Special Report: Missing Brittney - The Untold Stories
Updated: Monday, 29 Apr 2013, 10:19 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 8:19 AM CDT
Andrew Perez
Photojournalist: James McConatha

Snipped:
The search continued as authorities arrested relative after relative in connection to an alleged child sex ring involving Brittney's family and friends. Investigators said they had been looking to talk to Brittney about the sex crimes before she even went missing.

"We oftentimes look for that golden nugget. That one person that can make the difference in your case," said Detective Eric Winberg, former lead investigator on the family sex abuse investigation in Baldwin County. "In this particular case, Brittney Wood was that person. She was the person that could tell the whole story."

Dear God its so disheartening WWH's bond was lowered. Still can't get over it. Wth kind of judge doesn't consider the fact that WWH was threatening to the victim's caregiver while she sat in jail? Imo WWH should have a higher bond anyway bc some of these criminal acts happened IN HER HOME.

I think the victims should bring a civil suit & sue for whatever they can get. The victims could collect these perps' tax returns for the rest of their lives if they don't have the money to settle up front.

Absolutely every right to be disgusted and absolutely no need to apologize for anything.

In all honesty, as I previously posted, it really doesn't surprise me and I do hope she can't afford to raise the bond. I was hoping to soften the blow when it was reduced, but wrong is wrong and there is no cushioning it. The positive? It sounds like the DA is still fighting it, filing a motion of their own. Just as I wasn't surprised that the Judge reduced bond this go around, I wouldn't be surprised if he raises it in light of the DA's motion. It won't be back to $200,000 but it will hopefully be more. Maybe $35,000 to $50,000 if I had to guess.

My experience is that a DA almost always opposes a bond reduction. A DA doesn't always continue to fight the reduction after it has been granted. The fact they are is going to give the Judge a clearer idea as to the risk posed by the Defendant and will hopefully/likely lead to an increase from the current amount.

I don't know that it would be any higher than that though if the prosecution is not going to be ready by August. I know it's hard, but if we remove ourselves from the instant situation and think about it in broader terms, we have to remember that our system is based upon the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. No matter how much evidence there is of guilt and no matter how sure we are of that guilt, that person is still provided that presumption and therefore the Court must operate under the position that an innocent person (as of now) is currently incarcerated until trial and if the prosecution causes a delay in that Court date because they are not ready, the Judge still has to work under the fact that a person presumed innocent will remain incarcerated for a longer period of time without having been convicted because of the prosecution's delay. A long way of saying that I doubt the bond would have been reduced, or at least that much, had the prosecution announced ready.

Hold out hope though, I know I am, that the Judge does reconsider the risks she poses, along with the fact that I believe only DK maybe faces as serious of charges as WWH, and ultimately does raise the bond amount. Just don't expect it to be $200,000.

Thank you Reedus for being a calming voice of reason! I know it helped me a bit.

I am now pondering why WWH's original bond of $200,000 was so much higher than the others? 8 to 10 times higher. I personally think WWH's original bond was reasonable considering the charges she faced. In my opinion, children who are victims of sexual abuse that speak out should be able to feel safe knowing their perpetrators are behind bars. Sadly, the perpetrators usually threaten to hurt the victim or their loved ones while the abuse is occurring. It is one way the perp manipulates a victim into keeping quiet. This is one of many reasons I believe a charged perp should remain behind bars at least until found guilty or innocent in a court of law. We owe it to the victims. When the court system allows these people to go free, the victims begin to doubt our system. Even worse the victims begin to doubt themselves and the decision they made to tell. A perp often tells a victim while the abuse is occurring that no one will believe them if they tell. I don't want victims of sexual abuse not to come forward because they feel our court system doesn't work or won't believe them.

I am more surprised the others had such low bond amounts, $10,000-25,000. I am now more curious as to why WWH's bond was higher? Does that tell us anything? What made WWH different from the others? Does it have to do with the assigned judge or do they all have the same judge?

I hope all locals take very careful note that if WWH does raise bail, she is not allowed to have ANY contact with ANY children under 18, or any victims in the case. So, for example, is she were seen visiting CW's house when CW's children were present, that would be enough to land her in jail. Same if any children were to appear wherever WWH might choose to stay. It won't matter if they are six year olds or sixteen year olds. I guess any sort of attempt at contacting the victim - phone, fb etc, would also land her straight back in jail.

Hopefully, the DA will manage to get bail increased to a reasonable level again. If not...locals, if you suspect a crime, report it! Especially in this case, where children are concerned....pleeaase.

Lash - Re the higher bond, I think the DA may see WWH as a ringleader, along with her deceased husband. I do.

That rearrest on the courthouse/jailhouse steps I mentioned earlier; I wasn't joking. English police do it all the time. I think it helps cuts costs because they only have to bring a case for more minor charges if a suspect seems to be walking free or on bond from more serious charges. The DA in WWH's case has been asked to produce evidence she contacted/threatened witnesses and caregivers. So I figure if they have to go to all the expense and time of gathering that evidence, they are going to use it if WWH gets out on bond.

That should be the moment she sets her foot down on the jailhouse steps, on her way to freedom. An arrest right in front of the waiting cameras. She'll probably still grin though.

Thank you Reedus for being a calming voice of reason! I know it helped me a bit.

I am now pondering why WWH's original bond of $200,000 was so much higher than the others? 8 to 10 times higher. I personally think WWH's original bond was reasonable considering the charges she faced. In my opinion, children who are victims of sexual abuse that speak out should be able to feel safe knowing their perpetrators are behind bars. Sadly, the perpetrators usually threaten to hurt the victim or their loved ones while the abuse is occurring. It is one way the perp manipulates a victim into keeping quiet. This is one of many reasons I believe a charged perp should remain behind bars at least until found guilty or innocent in a court of law. We owe it to the victims. When the court system allows these people go free, the victims begin to doubt our system. Even worse the victims begin to doubt themselves and the decision they made to tell. A perp often tells a victim while the abuse is occurring that no one will believe them if they tell. I don't want victims of sexual abuse not to come forward because they feel our court system doesn't work or won't believe them.

I am more surprised the others had such low bond amounts, $10,000-25,000. I am now more curious as to why WWH's bond was higher? Does that tell us anything? What made WWH different from the others? Does it have to do with the assigned judge or do they all have the same judge?

BBM
Originally, Scott's bond was set at $150,000 - I always thought it was due to his 'out of state' address, but I'm not sure about that.

When Billy was re-arrested in December, his bond was set at $200,000.

As for the judge....the original judge in this was Harry Reid. He retired, and his cases have all be reassigned to Jody Bishop.
I could be wrong about this....but I believe they will all face the same judge.

Attachments

• SWsnip.JPG
    SWsnip.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 14
  • BBsnip.JPG
    BBsnip.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 12
There is no logical reasoning IMO as to why leave him to face the music alone.

But yes I remember she made that post about the sick child on 5/30 early 5/31 then yes the pharm on 5/31. Also I remember CW telling me that LE wouldn't let her get the child's medicine out of the truck the evening of 6/1 after he shot himself.

Steph, can you help with WWH's and Donnie's timeline from 5/30 through 6/1?

I am trying to understand when WWH was last with Donnie before he picked Britt up. Were WWH and Donnie together at all on 5/30, like earlier in the day? Where did Donnie stay after he returned to Fairhope the morning of 5/31, did he stay in Fairhope or return to Styx River? How did WWH get her sick child's medicine on 5/31? Donnie and WWH had to meet up at some point on 5/31 if the child's medicine was found in their vehicle on 6/1. I'm just trying to figure out their whereabouts and the transportation they used. TIA

BBM
Originally, Scott's bond was set at $150,000 - I always thought it was due to his 'out of state' address, but I'm not sure about that.

When Billy was re-arrested in December, his bond was set at $200,000.

As for the judge....the original judge in this was Harry Reid. He retired, and his cases have all be reassigned to Jody Bishop.
I could be wrong about this....but I believe they will all face the same judge.

Thank you Chatty!

I found this article from August, 2012. Billy, Derek and DHjr all have the same judge, Jody Bishop. We know 4 of the 6 have the same judge. The article also states that DHjr, Billy and Derek raped the victim in 2011. Of course the article says they had sex, not raped. Sex with a 12yo is rape, not sex. Sorry I am bothered by the words used in MSM articles. In my opinion, it comes across as downplaying the rape.

Snip - The judge rescheduled Brownlee's hearing to August 30, and set a bond of $30,000.

The judge set bond for Derek Wood as well at $20,000. If they make bond, both men would be required to wear an ankle monitor.

As for Holland, Jr., he's already out on bond.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/three-appear-on-sex-abuse-charges

Sorry, I missed this question. The website doesn't seem to say anything about being a public defender, so I'm not sure how you tell. I wouldn't have thought WWH had the money to pay privately though - unless someone else is helping out.

I guess we'll soon see if they are, if she manages to raise the new bail. :(

The only thing I can find so far is from January, 2013. The article states WWH was appointed an attorney.

Snip - On Wednesday, a number of these suspects had court appearances. Brittney's brother, Derek Wood and her aunt, Wendy Holland, were both appointed attorneys.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/mobile_county/sex-investigation-suspects-face-hearing

Good Morning.
As of this moment 5:54am WWH is still in jail. :rockon:
I know it's just a matter of time but at least she had to stay another night.:jail:

Here is another report that was done last night this is the one Chattywoman referred to that wasn't on the website at the time.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/da-misunderstanding-led-to-lower-bond

snip-District Attorney Hallie Dixon, however, said her office is ready to move forward with the case and believe Judge Bishop misunderstood her prosecutor.

“We have more than sufficient evidence at this point in time to proceed on to trial that is ready and can be prepared for august. So it was just - I think a misunderstanding,” said Dixon.

Dixon said her prosecutor was referring to the mountain of information in the case and had referenced her work load for the month of August.

BBM-She maintains, however, that they are ready to go to trial.

Then I truly hold out hope that the Judge will reconsider. Particularly in light of the contact with the victim.

Question that I might have missed the information on. I read there were letters and phone calls. When did these happen? Surely they haven't happened since she's been imprisoned?!?!? I would imagine they monitor all mail and even record all phone calls. If it's been since she's been incarcerated, why are prison officials, who control those things, allowing it to occur?

I am now pondering why WWH's original bond of $200,000 was so much higher than the others? 8 to 10 times higher. I personally think WWH's original bond was reasonable considering the charges she faced. In my opinion, children who are victims of sexual abuse that speak out should be able to feel safe knowing their perpetrators are behind bars. Sadly, the perpetrators usually threaten to hurt the victim or their loved ones while the abuse is occurring. It is one way the perp manipulates a victim into keeping quiet. This is one of many reasons I believe a charged perp should remain behind bars at least until found guilty or innocent in a court of law. We owe it to the victims. When the court system allows these people to go free, the victims begin to doubt our system. Even worse the victims begin to doubt themselves and the decision they made to tell. A perp often tells a victim while the abuse is occurring that no one will believe them if they tell. I don't want victims of sexual abuse not to come forward because they feel our court system doesn't work or won't believe them.

I have nearly the same sentiments and questions. I thought $10,000-$25,000 was way to low for most of them given the nature of the charges. On a personal level, no bond would be too high. Based on things I've seen, those were too low and $200,000 was probably a bit high. I would have expected to see most of them around $100,000, which probably would have kept most of them locked up. I don't know about the Judges and that's a good question. If you'll recall, even the ones with the lower bond amounts originally had higher bonds that were subsequently reduced. Why WWH's didn't get reduced could be a number of factors. Could be the victim contact. Could be a different Judge. Could be that as more information became known, the heinous nature of the crimes became better understood.

The bond reduction is unbelievable, especially if she has been contacting a witness, and threatening the caregiver. How much would Wendy actually have to cough up, it's a percentage of the 20K isn't it?Steph, you and Wally must be beyond frustration. Sometimes a good vent is very therapeutic!

I'm not completely familiar with Alabama law, but here it's typically 10%. The Judge could make it a cash only bond meaning they have to come up with 100% of the bond amount but I doubt they've done that with the others because I doubt they came up with quite that much cash, so I doubt they'd do that in this instance. So probably 10% to answer your question.

I have some reading to do, it seems :( I'm in agreement that Brittney knew of the case (as did others). This investigation was ongoing for a long time. I'm really disgusted that WWH had her frigging bond reduced! She would be 2nd in command when it came to "ring leader", now that her husband is deceased. What a total failure of the justice system! Do they not comprehend that rape/molestation ruins lives just the same as murder does?

I'm actually rather angry over this. I'm not shocked .. I'm angry.

I'm starting to wonder if the reason she's gotten a reduced bond is because Donnie is dead and Brittney is missing (as in, they were KEY to the investigation)? God I hope that's not the case, because I'd hate to see others walk.

Steph, can you help with WWH's and Donnie's timeline from 5/30 through 6/1?

I am trying to understand when WWH was last with Donnie before he picked Britt up. Were WWH and Donnie together at all on 5/30, like earlier in the day? Where did Donnie stay after he returned to Fairhope the morning of 5/31, did he stay in Fairhope or return to Styx River? How did WWH get her sick child's medicine on 5/31? Donnie and WWH had to meet up at some point on 5/31 if the child's medicine was found in their vehicle on 6/1. I'm just trying to figure out their whereabouts and the transportation they used. TIA

Jumping off ...

Any proof it was actually medicine for a ?sick? child or was it DH's drugs that WWH was tying to get?

Was there a confirmed visit to the Dr. with a sick child?

Was there a script written for a sick child?

TIA

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/06/baldwin_prosecutor_asks_judge.html#incart_river_default

Assistant District Attorney Teresa Heinz filed a two-page motion today that asks the judge to reinstate Holland's $200,000 bond. The motion lists several reasons for the request, including a fear that Holland might contact the victim in the case if released.

The state further pointed out that there had been attempted contact made by Wendy Holland to the child victim through her caregiver," Heinz wrote. "The state expressed concerns that if allowed out on bond that the defendant would attempt further contact with the victim."

So it was a mistake that her bond was lowered? I guess we could just add this too the list of "mistakes" they have made so far in this case. I know the court system is not perfect but, it's just one thing after another down there. WTH is wrong with all these ppl?

I'm a bit shocked that WWH even knew who the victim's caregiver was. If she knows, I guess all the sisters and other family members know too. It doesn't seem to offer much security to the victim.

In fact, Brittney was able to contact the victim too, wasn't she? I suppose the welfare of the child and the place where they will be happiest is most important, but I can't help wishing they were totally out of reach of anyone until the trials are over. Brittney may have been the first 'golden nugget' but it looks to me like this victim comes a pretty close second.

Good morning everyone.

Does anyone know the exact time Brittney's mom called the police to report her missing? I think it's interesting to say nobody could get in touch with Brittney to let her know Donnie committed suicide so they got concerned & called police to report her missing. Apparently they tried calling her cell all day & night after Donnie was found. However, I wonder the time on June 2nd that police were called bc if it was the morning then that shows true worriment...but if it was end of the day on June 2nd then I'm really questioning the motive. Donnie was found with a gunshot to his head on the 1st. If everybody was truly calling all night long to locate Brittney, then why wait an entire whole other day to report her missing? Why not call right in the morning of the 2nd or even late at night on the 1st? So, this is why I'm curious what time that report was filed. Is it possible if it was late when the report was filed, if her mom maybe thought Britt had something to do with the death or if she thought she was going to be investigated too, so decided to give her time to run before reporting her missing.

If Brittney was reported missing at the end of the day, it helps me to understand more why le may have originally thought Brittney jetted. I do believe people knew detectives were wanting to talk to Brittney & I honestly think that's the true reason she was taken off of Donnie's family plan & put on a pay as you go plan. Maybe detectives thought there was a chance she was complicit and that's why she ran, maybe they thought her family was covering it up since they covered up all these sex crimes for years. Of course le changed direction as far as Britt leaving on her own, but it could explain why they originally thought she ran.

Sooo...this is why I question the time she was reported missing. If it was late into the 2nd, then I question how much more the family is hiding.

Ok the 911 call about DH went out @ 2:18pm 6/1/12. I received the call about it from CW between 3:00 and 3:10 pm. 6/2/12 we dropped CW off around 10:30 am after visiting TJ , CW called me around 2pm saying she was going to call the police if she hadn't heard from Brittney by 3pm. I say it was around 3:30 when we got there and LE had just arrived. They are very slow to respond. That took about an hr I would say. Then Wally, my daughter & I started searching around DH's house and place of said suicide the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1