NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IM is my closest living relative... I am not here to give misleading info I am simply trying to help my cousin and after reading up on this site I found it was credible enough to do so... I could provide you with credentials but tbh I rather not, again I am new to this and not trying to break any rules

I am not calling IM a liar... if you understood what she meant by saying "he would never leave his car at the train station" you would know that RM LOVED ALL HIS CARS... very much actually... when he used to work in the city he would take the LIRR into work and park it at Deer Park station but since he started working in BK he would drive into Astoria(where I live) and take the train to work OR he would drive directly to work from commack... when IM said what she said she meant that he would never leave his car or abandon his car because he lived his car... he WOULD leave it there if he was using it for work transportation...

Thats fine I have absolutely np being verified, lok I just dont know how

NCNY, You don't need to provide proof to the members that you are whom you say you are. If you like, you can private message Salem, a moderator, and go from there. Please understand that we cannot see or hear you, and so many times people for what ever reason have inserted themselves into cases. If you can be verified, we would be more open to what you have to say. You came on here to speak your mind. I hope you choose to get verified.

Here's the thing. People asked Ida about the NAMUS info which says he was last seen pulling out of the driveway and she said it was information from the beginning and it was an ongoing investigation and NAMUS hadn't been updated.

Sent message to Salem, thanks had i known about the verification before i would have done so prior to making my posts...

Sent message to Salem, thanks had i known about the verification before i would have done so prior to making my posts...

:twocents:

Call me a skeptic. When an anon person suddenly shows up making claims, I personally want to know who they are. It's nothing personal.

The beauty of WS, is we stand for truth. So while most of us post anonymously, some claim otherwise. When they do, we need verification.

Why? Because we stand for truth and justice and for victims. :twocents:

Jerry, I love IM more than anyone... I am sorry for my posts as i should have taken the right steps before posting information... also, I am sure you are all well aware how deeply troubling something like this is and our family is hurting much... i do not like refering to media links and after being verified i will try my hardest in getting nothing but the right information to help with this case... We cannot take everything said word for word when someone is under so much distress, and nobody is calling Ida a liar...

When i stated he wwent back home after the scrap metal yard and left money in the garage i did not say anything about him stashing money... i simply meant he left some cash on the counter in the garage as some money and change was found there... when i said he was spotted on the video camera i know this because it was a neighbors camera that caught him at approx 2:40 driving home and approx 2:50pm(the EXACT time stamp on the video may be different by a few minutes) meaning he must have taken his money out of his pocket and left it in the garage and went back out for something, what it was who knows... Years ago Rob used to use the LIRR and from what i know that parking lot is where he used to drive his car and park it while using the train to get to his job when he worked in the city years ago... They found his car parked at the same spot he used to park it when he had used the train years ago... as someone else said earlier, commuters are creatures of habit, as am i... i get on the same train cart everyday because it opens up exactly where the exit is on my stop in the city, people form habits and his car being there and parked at that location makes me believe he drove it there... now if thats true and its coincidence that it was parked there, who knows? The fact that his car seat was forward could mean someone else drove it, OR it could simply mean he had his bike in the backseat and while taking it out moved his seat forward... Rob would NEVER put a bike rack on his GTO, OR ANY OTHER OF HIS CARS lol, he treated his car like a newborn baby...

NCNY, hang in there. Some of us are very glad you have joined, and hope you can get verified as well. Please don't let anyone scare you off Websleuths, we LOVE our insider posters. My sympathies to what your family is going through, I hope we can help. Oh, and :wagon:

Jerry, I love IM more than anyone... I am sorry for my posts as i should have taken the right steps before posting information... also, I am sure you are all well aware how deeply troubling something like this is and our family is hurting much... i do not like refering to media links and after being verified i will try my hardest in getting nothing but the right information to help with this case... We cannot take everything said word for word when someone is under so much distress, and nobody is calling Ida a liar...

When i stated he wwent back home after the scrap metal yard and left money in the garage i did not say anything about him stashing money... i simply meant he left some cash on the counter in the garage as some money and change was found there... when i said he was spotted on the video camera i know this because it was a neighbors camera that caught him at approx 2:40 driving home and approx 2:50pm(the EXACT time stamp on the video may be different by a few minutes) meaning he must have taken his money out of his pocket and left it in the garage and went back out for something, what it was who knows... Years ago Rob used to use the LIRR and from what i know that parking lot is where he used to drive his car and park it while using the train to get to his job when he worked in the city years ago... They found his car parked at the same spot he used to park it when he had used the train years ago... as someone else said earlier, commuters are creatures of habit, as am i... i get on the same train cart everyday because it opens up exactly where the exit is on my stop in the city, people form habits and his car being there and parked at that location makes me believe he drove it there... now if thats true and its coincidence that it was parked there, who knows? The fact that his car seat was forward could mean someone else drove it, OR it could simply mean he had his bike in the backseat and while taking it out moved his seat forward... Rob would NEVER put a bike rack on his GTO, OR ANY OTHER OF HIS CARS lol, he treated his car like a newborn baby...

Thank you for taking the time to clarify, you "broke out on the scene" just a bit skeptical, you must admit. Everyone here wants to help, its not just to pass time.

So, since you are close to them, perhaps you can give us some answers to about 5000 questions we may have that will help us solve this bizarre mystery. I will start with 3 simple ones.

1--Did he often put the bike in the backseat? I can't see it fitting, but who knows. And if his car was like his baby, wouldnt he worry about tearing the interior by transporting the bike back there if it was such a tight fit

Personally, I feel the whole bike thing is a complete waste of time.

2--So Ida wasn't home at around 2:40--2:50? She said she was expecting him home? How about the kids? School is out about that time?

3--This grown man vanishes WITHOUT A TRACE, and NO ONE sees anything What exactly is YOUR theory about what happened???

The sheet with all the questions has magically reappeard on FB. Poster says it might have been a glitch.

And in the answers, it does indicate phone was found and nothing of relevance was found in the records.

I don't know where the original poster saw that there was a correction and the phone was NOT FOUND? Can anyone provide a link?

What happened with the fb page is this, apparently fb isn't set up or meant to use like a forums website and after 30 comments are made to a post the message gets deleted? This is what was said regarding the fb post... whether or not its true i dunno...

As far as the cell phone everyone, Rob's phone was an iphone 4s and it was his company phone... he didnt have any other cell phone as he used that phone for work and personal use as per his agreement with work...

All the information regarding calls and texts were combed through and all leads go nowhere with the phone... there was at one point early on that we thought of someone Rob associated with as he lied about being in touch with him when asked by IM only to find out they were in touch through texts... it got all messed up with where the phone was just like the media got mixed up and posted rob was working in the city... the media for this case is horrible, and i truly believe that had it been a woman/mother missing it would get a lot more attention... also, our family, more than most didnt know how to handle the release of information especially since we didnt know what happened... there was no ransom, no nothing no idea what happened so Ida didnt wanna just start bringing up personal matters unless they were tied directly to the case... i mean in all honesty if my son/daughter went missing ans he was in college, would i alert the press that he was known to smoke weed? No i wouldnt... if i had found out that he was selling weed on campus and was tied with big drug dealers and felt it was related then yes i would tell the public...

The poster is working directly with Salem and Kimster. In the meantime, we have temporarily unapproved posts relating to or quoting personal information provided. Hopefully all will be well shortly. When he completes the approval process, everything will be reapproved. Thanks for your patience and alerts!

NCNY, hang in there. Some of us are very glad you have joined, and hope you can get verified as well. Please don't let anyone scare you off Websleuths, we LOVE our insider posters. My sympathies to what your family is going through, I hope we can help. Oh, and :wagon:

i am here to stay, and i am not offended at all by anyone... the way people reacted to my posts is the EXACT reason for me wanting to join this forum... I wouldnt trust a new person claiming things as well and i appreciate the fact that so many have taken this to heart... its pretty amazing actually... ive done so much online to try and find clues but so far not much...

I have some good news, and possibly great new info will come to me on monday as i have contacted personal friends in the LIRR and NYS DMV to help me find out two things... 1) Deer Park Train Station has kiosks for tickets, how many tickets were purchased that day using cash and single ride or one way tickets, and to which station? There are no cameras in deer park station but if we narrow down the train(as there is only 1 an hour) we can check other stations video camera... lets hope thats it...(if he got on train) 2) Just because all his ID and Passport were left home doesnt mean RM couldnt have had another state id... I myself have a NYS Identification card, and there is also the passport card both of which could have been applied for and been on RM's personal possession at the time of him leaving(if running away turns out to be the case of course)... I am awating documents and info on these two matters...

Also, I feel that touching upon the subject of him running away seems to be dismissed right away with responses like "what about his kids"... I have to answer by saying one word... Denial... Denial is what keeps us from thinking of all the bad things that could possibly happen to us and in this case it makes us look away from the fact that someone could run away from his family... There are men and women who everyday take their own lives because they feel there is no other choice but death... Running away is very similar, minus the suicide... people also say "Why wouldnt he take pictures of his kids with him?" and my answer is, FB... who needs pictures anymore when you can go online anywhere and check on your kids, and your wife... Nobody wants to believe that the person they love intentionally left them but it has to be looked at with seriousness because the only other option right now one month gone by is that he is no longer with us... Running away is 50% of this equation, and i think it needs to be looked at more seriously...

There have been multiple updates from IM per the Facebook page. I haven't seen a link for this page on the thread yet. Can someone PM it to me so the mods can verify that we can quote from it?

Is it possible there is a girlfriend? Maybe they met up and she was angry about the trip to Italy and they argued or fought and something happened? Or they took off together?

The poster is working directly with Salem and Kimster. In the meantime, we have temporarily unapproved posts relating to or quoting personal information provided. Hopefully all will be well shortly. When he completes the approval process, everything will be reapproved. Thanks for your patience and alerts!

Thanks jwpmoyer!

The process is complete. Let's help NCNY find Robert! :rocker:

NC,
What about suicide, is it a concern? If it is, that info should be given to LE and the press, as it will usually substantially increase the effort and the amount of press on his case.

I would like to start fresh with all who have been so committed here posting and looking to help, i want to tell you that the ONLY reason i chose to register to this site is because of how determined to help everyone seems to be and its pretty amazing...

It looks like someone has gotten through to the Daily News and apparently they are interested in doing a story... will wait for update on that but that would be great to spread the word to so many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member