AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks Good Mamacita. Thank you~

What strikes me is that the party ended at 5 am. How they reach this time beats me but it suggests that either the last party goers left at this time or this is when they called it a night and hit the sack.

If the time is correctly calculated and Adrienne is leaving the apartment at 5:01, how did no one see her there?

But, this would also fit well with the reported last call from Adrienne to cab driver saying she would be there "in a minute" at 5:06.

Baffling. What are we missing?

jmo

Mamacita,

Thank you so much for your extraordinary timeline! I know it's a culmination of items collected from you and many others here, but thank you for putting it all in one place for us. It is much appreciated. :rockon:

Please let me know what you all think about this:

I think it's plausible she wasn't in her apartment during the time her and cabbie were exchanging calls; I think those still in the apartment would have heard her phone ringing.

Of course, now that I type it out, she could have had it on low volume or vibrate...

Fiddlesticks!! :banghead:

here is the timeline, updated to reflect approx. times that certain events could have happened (see the purple). lmk your thoughts!

Saturday, June 15th:
10:00pm (Friday night) – 5:00am (Saturday morning) – Length of the party at Adrienne’s apartment (17).

2:30am – “Last seen by roommates” when she left to go to boyfriend’s home (1). Her apartment is on Brown & Hardy (as relayed to us by WS members Goblinsolo & 2Hip2BSquare, found by watching news videos and doing a visual of the apartments in the area) previous reports reported her apartment as being on Ash Avenue (6) *There is a discrepancy here as there was a roommate that did see her after the argument with the boyfriend occurred and Adrienne returned home. Time has been updated to reflect time of 2:30am, as indicated on Nancy Grace show. The boyfriend told LE that Adrienne was upset with him for talking to other people at the party and not paying enough attention to her. He said Adrienne asked him to leave but later followed him to his car and said she wanted him to drive her to Scottsdale so they could talk more. The argument continued during the drive and at his home (14). Arteaga said they continued to argue about their relationship, even when they arrived at his house, police said. Arteaga said during their argument inside the house, he stepped out to get some air and when he came back, Salinas was gone, police said. Arteaga said he found Salinas walking toward Indian School Road and told her he would take her home (16). So he gave her a ride to 5th Street & Mill Avenue where she jumped out of his car and walked the rest of the way home (14).

3:22am - Adrienne’s boyfriend called one of her roommates to tell the roommate that Adrienne was walking home so she could meet her (15). The roommate, Rebecca Flores, told LE she went out on her bike to look for Adrienne but didn’t find her until she (Rebecca) returned back to the apartment.

3:30am – Rebecca said that Adrienne was “calmly upset” over the argument with her boyfriend (13) also reported in source (17). After Adrienne & Rebecca spoke outside on the grass, Adrienne went upstairs to her room and packed a small bag but Rebecca didn’t see Adrienne leave (13). Adrienne told her roommates that she was going to go back to the boyfriend’s home & she packed an overnight bag (17).

3:35 - 3:40am – According to police timeline, this is the time that Adrienne packed her bag and drove away. Two people reported seeing her drive away from her apartment at 3:40 (17).

3:44am – Police received a 911 call that Adrienne’s car had hit a median at Ash & Rio Salado Parkway. Passerby saw car driving erratically behind her, so she moved over and let the car pass. (4) The witness said the car passed her near the Rio Salado Parkway and struck a curb, flattening both the driver's-side tires.. the car sped off before the witness could check on the driver (13). Adrienne’s car was then driven less than a mile to Brown and Roosevelt. Police say that from there, she walked a ¼ mile back to her apartment where she changed clothes, leaving behind her wallet and keys. (9) Witness says “they” in her 911 call. Operator asked how many people she thought was in the car and the witness said she thought there were two, she thought she saw one in the passenger seat. (10).

APPROX 3:47am – Adrienne’s car could have reached the location it was parked after being crashed. The distance from the crash site to the abandoned vehicle is .5 miles. (18)

APPROX 3:54am – This is about the time that Adrienne could have arrived at her house after parking her crashed car. Walking from the abandoned car location to her apartment is .4 miles and would take about 7 minutes to walk. (18)

4:10-4:17am – Adrienne’s cell phone called the boyfriend 11 times, but he didn’t answer. (4 & 17)

4:10-4:50am – Per NG show, there were 32 calls from Adrienne to her BF during this time. See GGE’s transcriptions. BF tells LE he was sleeping during this time (17).

[unknown time] Adrienne called the cab company and it’s believed that she left a message and dispatch called her back. See 4:23 time. (NG show).

4:23-4:26am – It was originally believed that Adrienne called the cab company requesting to be picked up at AMPM. Nearest driver was about 20 minutes away. Cab driver’s name is Tom (11). Time of call was 3 minutes, according to NG show. Cab driver’s father changed information and said that the 4:23 call was from taxi dispatch to Adrienne’s phone. Per cab driver’s father, Adrienne’s call could have come in to the taxi company before then and she left a message, so dispatch called her back at 4:23, the call was then a 3 minute call (NG show). Police timeline says that she called for a cab at 4:23 (17).

4:30am – Person driving to work found naked woman’s body in the street. Not sure if this is related. Near McClintock and Baseline. (2) – this woman has since been identified and her boyfriend has been arrested for murder. Still unknown if related to Adrienne’s disappearance, but I’m keeping this on the timeline just in case, because of the timing.

4:37am – Cab Company calls Adrienne back, call lasts 3 minutes (NG show timeline).

4:43am – Text sent from Adrienne’s phone to boyfriend’s phone said she was going to his house. (17)

4:52am – A slender woman was seen in the west parking lot of O’Reilly’s Auto Parts on the surveillance cameras . Address is 1002 W. University Ave. (12) It has not been confirmed whether or not the woman seen is Adrienne.

4:53am – Cab driver called Adrienne and she told him that she was on her way there (17).

4:54am – A dark 4 door vehicle was seen heading northbound in the O’Reillys parking lot 2 minutes later on the surveillance cameras (12).

5:00am – Party at Adrienne’s apartment ended (17).

5:00am – Last seen near Brown & Roosevelt streets. (3) Another reports states last seen at this location at 4:30am (7) -- not sure who she was last seen BY, or if this goes off pings, but this is also the same location her car was found.

APPROX 5:01am – approximate time she could have left her apartment, if we’re to take her “I’ll be there in a minute” call literally. Distance from her apartment to AMPM is .3 miles, or 6 minutes walking. (18)

5:04am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station. (11)

5:05am - Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station (again). (11) Previous reports indicated: Police said Adrienne called a cab company, but the cabbie couldn’t find her at a Tempe convenience store. (4) “Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the AMPM gas station at the intersection of Hardy & University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there” (5). LE saw surveillance of cab driver at AMPM but there was no sign of Adrienne there. LE subsequently questioned the cab driver and searched his home. AMPM is less than ¼ mile from Adrienne’s apartment. (9)

5:06am – Adrienne called the cab driver (Tom) saying she’d be there in a minute.

5:07am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne again, looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail. (11) Her phone was turned off (1) or died (8).

Sunday, June 16th:
2:00pm – AS’s father found her car two blocks away from her apartment. (8)
Her Father called LE that afternoon. (8)

Other known info:
After leaving her disabled car, she walked less than a ¼ mile to her home and changed clothes and left again, leaving her wallet and keys behind. (9)
LE has questioned the cab driver and searched his home. Say he’s not a suspect at this time. (9) LE also took a DNA sample from cab driver (11).
LE did a sweep of Tempe Town Lake and found nothing. (9)
LE says that BF has been cleared and has fully cooperated. (10)
Cab procedures: "In a place like this, they would get out, look around, make sure the person wasn't in the store," Simon said. He said his son did just that but never saw Salinas. (11)
Francisco Arteaga told police Salinas was upset with him after a party at her apartment because she felt he “was not paying enough attention to her,” according to the report. (13)
Adrienne has a small dog that she never leaves home without bringing it or making sure someone will care for it while she’s gone (13).
The police report said Adrienne had no source of income and that her father gave her money for her living expenses, including $10 for gas a few days before she vanished. (14)
Adrienne only had one set of car keys for her car (NG show)
No one saw her return to the apartment after her accident (NG show).
Sgt. Pooley said that there were things on the passenger seat and back seats that indicate to them that there was only one person in the car, the driver (NG show).
News footage of BF: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
News footage of roommate: http://www.kpho.com/story/22676371/tempe-teen-still-missing-week-and-a-half-later

1: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ching-missing-tempe-woman.html?nclick_check=1
2: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street
3: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-missing-woman-Adrienne-Salinas#ixzz2WWHosmWu
4: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sing-tempe-student-search-continues-abrk.html
5: http://www.kpho.com/story/22627002/...red?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
6: https://photos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/9109_599855283368143_1108049287_n.jpg
7: http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=31&recordid=1579
8: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
9: http://www.kpho.com/story/22687012/...teen-makes-emotional-plea-for-her-safe-return
10: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...friends-step-up-search-for-missing-Tempe-girl
11: http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out
12: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/adrienne-salinas-missing_n_3618785.html
13: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...linas-left-home-after-argument-with-boyfriend
14: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...tempe-missing-woman-friends-family-vigil.html
15: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing-Tempe-teen-new-information--215943951.html
16: http://www.kpho.com/story/22869930/police-report-sheds-light-prior-to-tempe-teens-disappearance
17: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...mystery-deepens-case-missing-tempe-woman.html
18: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

***PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TIMES IN PURPLE ARE APPROXIMATE TIMES, GOING OFF OF DISTANCES FROM VARIOUS POINTS AND BASING THOSE TIMES OFF OF TIMES PROVIDED TO US FROM LE/MSM. THEY ARE NOT TO BE MISTAKEN AS FACTUAL TIMES, BUT MERELY AN AID TO UNDERSTANDING APPROXIMATE TIMES THAT THESE THINGS COULD HAVE OCCURRED. ALL GREEN TIMES ARE IMO.**

Mamacita, you rock. Thank you!

Mamacita,

Thank you so much for your extraordinary timeline! I know it's a culmination of items collected from you and many others here, but thank you for putting it all in one place for us. It is much appreciated. :rockon:

Please let me know what you all think about this:

I think it's plausible she wasn't in her apartment during the time her and cabbie were exchanging calls; I think those still in the apartment would have heard her phone ringing.

Of course, now that I type it out, she could have had it on low volume or vibrate...

Fiddlesticks!! :banghead:

A few pages back I was hoping to ask Cab Guy whether there was any indication of background noise during the calls that came in from Adrienne or was there the whisper of being outdoors.

I hope and think its possible that whoever dispatched this call and was speaking with Adrienne would note and recall from memory the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. I explained that it is almost natural when you are dispatching to "listen carefully" and use intuition to detect any red flags that first might tell you whether this is a priority, might be a no show, might be a drug deal or sketchy fare or anything out of the ordinary. A puker, an abused woman, teenage kids sneaking out of the house, etc....it all happens!

Whoever dispatched and spoke with Adrienne has probably given their best, honest account of events. I am sure (from my own experience)they were alerted and being questioned even before the media had released any info.

I can always tell when someone is outdoors and walking, its pretty obvious.

jmo

None of those links have the words coming directly from LE, i.e quotes, about cab driver being cleared. On NG the other night, LE indicated that no one was really cleared. So in my mind, no one is, until I see or hear LE say it, I guess. Media was wrong about hermphone bing found...LE stated it has not been found.

O/T
We had a local woman go missing.
My company was contacted by the police before it was reported-very early into the investigation. They wanted to know had we picked up anyone at a certain address or taken anyone to a certain address.
We had not.
Being contacted by a local detective alerted me and of course I started sleuthing immediately. The beautiful lady was found deceased, murdered by the bf.

jmo

None of those links have the words coming directly from LE, i.e quotes, about cab driver being cleared. On NG the other night, LE indicated that no one was really cleared. So in my mind, no one is, until I see or hear LE say it, I guess. Media was wrong about hermphone bing found...LE stated it has not been found.

Hopefully LE will come out and say anything, anything AT ALL soon. Personally, I choose to see them as innocent until I hear otherwise so that other potential options (perps, scenarios) can be seen outside of self-imposed blinders. There are enough people who still think they know who did it and will continue to pursue those theories. I'm looking for the tree in the forest.

ok, since we're back to square one.. i took a new/fresh look at the timeline and something stuck out to me. the party went on until 5:00am. Adrienne's phone when dead/off just a few minutes later. I'm back to thinking it was someone from the party or a neighbor that saw her crazy night and either left the party soon after she did or was outside when she left. i still feel like it's someone she knew. they got in their car, pulled up to her while she was walking towards AMPM and offered her a ride the rest of the way.

supposedly no one saw her come back after crashing her car. but she crashed the car at 3:44. then she drove a little ways, dropped the car off and walked home. her phone started going to voicemail at 5:07. this is an hour and 23 minutes to go home and change and leave again. this is a really long period of time for NO ONE to see her, especially when a party was still going on.

3 things i need to know. please help me figure this out so we can get a better take of the possible timeline:

1. how long does it take driving from the place she crashed her car to the place her car was found? granted her car was a bit disabled because of the tires, so it would take a tiny bit longer than normal speed, but if it was close by, there might not have been a significant difference in time.
2. how long does it take to walk from the place her car was found to her apartment?
3. how long would it take to walk from her apartment to AMPM?

I noticed this too, I think this is plausible.

MAY I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION PLEASE

Thank you. I just got off the phone with Sargent Pooley of the Tempe Police Department.

While Sargent Pooley appreciates your concern and willingness to help it is not necessary to call him. He cannot give you any more information that what has already been given out to the press.

Please, PLEASE DO NOT CALL SGT POOLEY or anyone involved in the case. Remember it is against our Terms of Service so even if you do call either Sargent Pooley or someone else in the case you can't post about it.

We have to enforce this rule very strictly. We can't control who you call or speak with but we can stop you from posting about it on Websleuths.

If we allowed posters to randomly call the police/witnesses/friends/family and then post about it can you imagine the chaos?

If we let one poster do it we have to let everyone do it and that's why it is against the rules.

Also Sargent Pooley wanted me to reiterate the following:

The Cab Driver's story matches up with his GPS, his cellphone pings, and everything else he has given the police. He did not go anywhere that night other than what he told the police. His GPS backs up his story as do the cellphone pings.

While no one is ever cleared the Cab Driver is not high on their list since his story checks out.

Please remember the last thing anyone involved in any case needs is a stranger calling them up to find out information. It's just not a good thing to do.

Thank you.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

CabAtAMPM_zpsc7c54839.png

Screenshot of mine that I made and uploaded from the video provided earlier in the thread, after I went to bed last night.

It shows a dark vehicle sitting at a gas pump. Could be any day, week, or year, could be any car, could be anyone.

Completely useless IMO without a timestamp at LEAST. Dunno what the heck people are thinking with this case. Everyone is in CYA mode or something, we get no useful info no matter what we do. ugh

This is not the correct car. The raw video released by the police shows the cab pulling up just to the left of the front door of the gas station. It is a four door sedan with a large Cab Guy logo on the side. ABC 15 had the correct video with ScottsdaleCabGuy car #1003 prominately displayed.--Cab Guy

This is ridiculous IMO for FOX to air this footage in this context when its not even the right cab. Boo FOX!

This is ridiculous IMO for FOX to air this footage in this context when its not even the right cab. Boo FOX!

Further - the East Valley Tribune has a box next to their photos which states: ABC15 Video: Surveillance video shows missing Tempe teen

And does not. SMDH

Further - the East Valley Tribune has a box next to their photos which states: ABC15 Video: Surveillance video shows missing Tempe teen

And does not. SMDH

Can you provide a link. Im not seeing it. All I see is the one saying "Moments before she vanished" there not saying shes in the video

Personally, I choose to see them as innocent until I hear otherwise so that other potential options (perps, scenarios) can be seen outside of self-imposed blinders.

With all due respect, those were not 'self-imposed blinders'. The theory was based on information that we had or didn't have, and it was the most likely scenario given the context and circumstances. Now that we have information that evidently refutes or pokes giant holes in that theory, we must move on and work with what we now have.

This isn't about who gets to boast about being right. This is about deducing what we can with what we have to try to bring a young lady home.

With all due respect, those were not 'self-imposed blinders'. The theory was based on information that we had or didn't have, and it was the most likely scenario given the context and circumstances. Now that we have information that evidently refutes or pokes giant holes in that theory, then we must move on and work with what we now have.

This isn't about who gets to boast about being right. This is about deducing what we can with what we have to try to bring a young lady home.

I was referring to my own, personal blinders, Tonto. No one else's. <3

I was referring to my own, personal blinders, Tonto. No one else's. <3

The thing is Sage, you didn't have blinders on either. You were contributing - and quite well I might add - to a highly plausible and workable theory. The only one that didn't require a ton of assumptions and pure speculation, which is where we are back to now.

I suppose I am pleased for the cabbie that he evidently is not involved, but I weep for Adrienne because it just set back a hundred fold the chances of finding her or getting justice.

Note that Pooley didn't mention the boyfriend, has he spoken out publicly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne