AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, could it have been an unmarked police car? There aren't too many dark four door cars on the road at that hour - especially ones pulling into establishments that aren't open for bid'ness. Unless, of course, the car pulling in is checking/monitoring said businesses, which LE frequently does in the overnight hours.

Again, wild and unlikely speculation - which I hate to do. RELEASE THE DANG VIDEO!

EXACTLY, what I was saying (not so eloquently)!

Did you know that the Cabbie took and made a total of 20 calls from 4:23am to 5:10am....he was very busy, with only 6 of those calls being to or from Adrienne?--Cab Guy

This is very interesting. Yes I wish we had the exact details on the calls. Wow! Ty.

Just an observation IMO of many younger folks in society these days. Many are so glued to their cellphones, in their own worlds, don't take note of other people around them and their surroundings, etc. etc. People are turning into RobotZombies, I'll tell you! It doesn't surprise me that nobody saw or can recollect anything. Especially with alcohol involved, etc. JMO

5:05AM: Tom calls to say he's almost there...REPLY: "I'm not there yet, but I'll be there in a minute."

It could have been an older model Crown Victoria...there are many, many of these black sedans in the area. The Crown Victoria was mass produced as a fleet car for both police and cab vehicles for the better part of two decades. Cheap and dependable cars.--Cab Guy

And people here (especially in Mesa for some reason) purchase retired LE vehicles and drive them around as personal vehicles complete with driver side search lights.

This is very interesting. Yes I wish we had the exact details on the calls. Wow! Ty.

AS had just two multiple-minute conversations with Tom: 4:23 (4 minutes) and she called back at 4:33 (3 minutes). Her other four contacts--three were made by Tom--were 1 minute or less.--Cab Guy

Cab guy is this where the "30 calls" came from on the NG show? I missed the details on that. Please share if you caught the gist of what she was saying and how to explain for me. I'm flipping lost!

It could have been an older model Crown Victoria...there are many, many of these black sedans in the area. The Crown Victoria was mass produced as a fleet car for both police and cab vehicles for the better part of two decades. Cheap and dependable cars.--Cab Guy

No doubt. And many (smaller) cab companies still use them. There are also enthusiasts, believe it or not, who buy the old LE cars due to their 'souped up' engines and suspensions. Those are the ones that still make us nervous on the interstates :). The only problem is how many of them would've been on the road at that hour that wasn't affiliated with a business, agency, or organization of some sort? Or, perhaps it was some sicko impersonating LE or a cab.

This is, of course, if it was a Crown Vic or similar in the firsr place. They should release the video and let us help them. Hell, the cab driver may even recognize it since he was right across the street and probably within sight of it. Maybe he noticed it as it pulled away but needs his memory jogged. Who knows?

Damn. I got nothing to go on now but a vivid imagination. Sucks. :(

And I also believe she stayed in her car on Roosevelt and w brown during the time she was calling her boyfriend non stop from 4:10-4:17. She waited 5 minutes and called the cab company at 4:23 and "left a message". She waited 15 minutes in her car for the cab company to call her back at 4:37.

I believe she kept the cabbie on the line for the entire 3-5 minute walk from the car back to her house for (safety reasons).

Imo This would put her at her house by 4:40am, where she would text her boyfriend at 4:43 saying "I'm coming over". By 4:47 she left her apartment and made the 5-7 minute walk toward AMPM, being caught on video at 4:52 at Oreilly's. 2 minutes later a dark sedan would drive through the same parking lot going the opposite way AS had been walking at 4:54am.

I think she should have been picked up by 4:52am IMO. Her not being around the area by 5 am IMO doesn't add up.

Jmo

Dad insists after viewing the O'Reily tape that it was not her. If it was, why was she walking on West side of bldg walking South to North? The walk from her house to that point is North to South.--Cab Guy

Dad insists after viewing the O'Reily tape that it was not her. If it was, why was she walking on West side of bldg walking South to North? The walk from her house to that point is North to South.--Cab Guy

Million dollar question. They need to let us see the video.

The burning question Ive had for so long is why haven't we heard or seen anything from the cab driver who was supposed to pick her up? Has anyone caught any articles explaining why?

Cab guy is this where the "30 calls" came from on the NG show? I missed the details on that. Please share if you caught the gist of what she was saying and how to explain for me. I'm flipping lost!

I'm looking at the phone bill that I gave the police two days after AS disappeared. Tom is the night sup. so he was receiving and dispatching calls as he headed for AS. He called one driver, probably to collect his nightly lease, and to dispatch him at least 6 times during this period. That was the other cab driver who was questoned and took a lie detector test. Except for the six calls directly involving AS, all the others were non case related, except that it shows how busy Tom was. In the span of 42 minutes, he fielded or made 20 calls, dispatched drivers, talked with customers, and drove to try and pick up AS.--Cab Guy

Since LE never released the video, I don't believe they think it is relevant. Surely they would ask for help, since they admit they need it, if they felt she was on the video.

No doubt. And many (smaller) cab companies still use them. There are also enthusiasts, believe it or not, who buy the old LE cars due to their 'souped up' engines and suspensions. Those are the ones that still make us nervous on the interstates :). The only problem is how many of them would've been on the road at that hour that wasn't affiliated with a business, agency, or organization of some sort? Or, perhaps it was some sicko impersonating LE or a cab.

This is, of course, if it was a Crown Vic or similar in the firsr place. They should release the video and let us help them. Hell, the cab driver may even recognize it since he was right across the street and probably within sight of it. Maybe he noticed it as it pulled away but needs his memory jogged. Who knows?

Damn. I got nothing to go on now but a vivid imagination. Sucks. :(

I totally agree with you.

I worry someone else listened in on dispatch in that crown Vic and intercepted her while "pretending" to be a cab.

All IMO. Moo. No offense to any or all. :)

The burning question Ive had for so long is why haven't we heard or seen anything from the cab driver who was supposed to pick her up? Has anyone caught any articles explaining why?

First, Tom does not like the media...he does not feel he has an obligation to talk to anybody other than the police. He also works for my company and is my son, and both myself and our company legal counsel knew it would be better, smarter, more sensible for him not to say a word. Look, he went to speak to the police voluntarily, and when he got there, they put him in an interview room and immediately started treating him like a suspect. Then he let them search his house without a warrant. Nice guy right...but after doing that, he was advised by both myself and legal not to take the lie detector because we felt the trust had been broken when the police excelerated the Q and A into an interrogation. When Tom refused the lie test, they got a warrant and came out and dragged him out of his house in his underwear and handcuffs, took him to the police station and executed a warrant for DNA. If you knew your were totally innocent, and this happened to you, would you listen to your Dad and attorney when they advised you to no longer talk with the police? Of course you would.

Or at that time in the morning even I worry a pervo with a crown Vic would be sitting at the circle K (waiting on drugs or a prostitute bc well... Circle k) and AS would see that crown vic @ circle K while walking and THINK it was the cabbie (at the wrong location).

So she goes over to the guy in the crown Vic and just jumps in back seat of the car thinking he is a cabbie. He decides to play along and abduct her, acting like the cabbie.

? Maybe?

5:05AM: Tom calls to say he's almost there...REPLY: "I'm not there yet, but I'll be there in a minute."

one source i read said that he called her at 4:53 to let her know he was there (AMPM) is this incorrect?

i need to find the article.

I mean if we look at the vantage point of Adrienne when walking S on Hardy, she wouldn't be able to see the cabbie parked at AMPM bc he was parked on the other side of the building. His car was obstructed by the building.

However from the angle she was walking I believe she COULD have a more unobstructed clearer view of the circle K parking lot w/ a crown vic where she THOUGHT the cab had mistakenly gone.

Poor Tom :(

I'm looking at the phone bill that I gave the police two days after AS disappeared. Tom is the night sup. so he was receiving and dispatching calls as he headed for AS. He called one driver, probably to collect his nightly lease, and to dispatch him at least 6 times during this period. That was the other cab driver who was questoned and took a lie detector test. Except for the six calls directly involving AS, all the others were non case related, except that it shows how busy Tom was. In the span of 42 minutes, he fielded or made 20 calls, dispatched drivers, talked with customers, and drove to try and pick up AS.--Cab Guy

Police have counted from her cell records over 30 calls/texts made or received by her alone during this time to Cab Driver, Boyfriend, and perhaps Dad.--Cab Guy

5:04am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station. (11)
5:05am - Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station (again). (11) Previous reports indicated: Police said Adrienne called a cab company, but the cabbie couldn’t find her at a Tempe convenience store. (4) “Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the AMPM gas station at the intersection of Hardy & University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there” (5). LE saw surveillance of cab driver at AMPM but there was no sign of Adrienne there. LE subsequently questioned the cab driver and searched his home. AMPM is less than ¼ mile from Adrienne’s apartment. (9)
5:06am – Adrienne called the cab driver (Tom) saying she’d be there in a minute (11).
5:07am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne again, looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail. (11) Her phone was turned off (1) or died (8).

Sir,
In your opinion is this timeline accurate? Is there any information you would add?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member