AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit OT but just showing that things are busy for LE in Tempe: From East Valley Tribune:

Authorities have identified a man who was shot and killed by Tempe police on Wednesday.

Tempe police Sgt. Mike Pooley said police were serving a search warrant for drugs at a home near Price Road and Southern Avenue around 3:30 p.m. when 43-year-old John J. Wheelihan walked out of the back of the home carrying a Whisper .22 caliber air rifle and began to approach detectives.

Pooley said that after multiple commands from detectives to drop the weapon, Wheelihan raised the rifle at them as he continued to approach and they shot him.

Wheelihan was taken to the hospital where he died from his wounds.

No officers were injured during the incident which is still an ongoing investigation, according to Pooley.

Sorry, posting again. Does anyone know WHICH apt complex she was in or does that break "the rules" of this site? (I said I read the rules, doesn't mean I remember them LOL).

Nice that there's another local here SandSage :)

The one (cellphone tower) at 1115 W Fifth is pretty near by -

http://goo.gl/maps/kDySO

just trying to figure out where she was the last time she made a call since Sgt Pooley said her ping was right there in the area of her apartment... but how close is "right there" if you're going by ping? So that's where my train of thought is with this right now...

I'm thinking if I find the next closest one, then we can try to figure out how far from the nearest one she would have to be, for her ping to have come from the second closest one instead (which it didn't)... and then we'd have a rough range inside of which we'd know she was at about 5:06am.

but I'm on the east coast and it's almost 11pm and I"m getting tired... so there may be a flaw in that theory...

LizardBoy- welcome, glad to have you here!

Sorry, posting again. Does anyone know WHICH apt complex she was in or does that break "the rules" of this site? (I said I read the rules, doesn't mean I remember them LOL).

Nice that there's another local here SandSage :)

That's an excellent question...

Her apartment is at The Arbors on W. Brown St., at the corner of Hardy & Brown. It's been reported in the news and plastered all over TV. Welcome!

Hi Lizard! :seeya: Great to have you here.

All, I'm new here so be nice :)

I live in Mesa AZ and have been following this story since it broke. Today there was another write up on it on it on a site I always visit (azcentral or azfamily...sorry I was at work and can't remember) and that made me start looking at the time line. Using the power of the internets I found this thread and mamacita's AMAZING time line! Thanks for that!

Someone said what I've been thinking: How does anyone know that was her on the phone calling for the cab?

Also (pure speculation but I've read enough about this kind of stuff to know what's going on) it's almost ALMOST always someone the vic knows and/or trusts.

Taking that into account: She's probably drunk and tired (or tipsy and tired) it's after 4am, she whacked a curb (that turn is sharp and if you're going fast or not paying attention or impaired you'll smack it) hard enough to blow both her tires. Driver side tires right? That would mean she swerved out of her lane to do that.

Limps the car *almost home*. Why almost? it wasn't that much further to go...

Comes in, changes for whatever reason (I can think of a few off the top of my head). Then...this is where it gets HUH? leaves without her keys or wallet although she's supposedly getting cab.

Ok, I think I have my facts somewhat straight here. Now lets look at the WHYs.

She's messed up, fighting with the BF, there's a party going on. "hey baby, you need a ride to your BF's place, I'm headed that way."

That's what I'm thinking happen.

OR

Jealous girl kills her and to throw off the scent calls a cab so people will think the cabbie did it.

I'm on and off the internets the next few days so I won't be able to check back as often as I can see some...errr...MOST of you can, but someone think with me...shoot holes in my ideas. Hell, I'm off all next week, I can drive around and take pix and video of the areas if you want.

For some reason this is driving me nuts. I got the same way with the serial shooters a few years ago...

Again, I'm new, I don't know what the protocol is here (yes, I read "the rules) but if this is too long winded or is revisiting something someone already beat to death I'm sorry. I just think this thing is solvable.

I'm actually moving this weekend but like I said, I have all the time in the world next week. I'll run as much recon as I can for us. Thanks for the love :)

Also, one more point of interest: Cabbie calls her ONE MINUTE LATER and it goes straight to VM. Phone was turned off, smashed or...and this is the thing noone's mentioned...it died. She's been on her phone CONSTANTLY for hours. I carry 2 cell phones (one work, one personal...iPhone and Droid respectively) I use them about 1/4 as much as a 19 year old girl does and they run out of juice pretty frequently.

As I previously said, I've read A LOT about this kind of stuff and it's almost always someone the vic knew. My gut tells me it was someone at that party. I could write 3x as much as what I just posted but I want all your feedback and thoughts.

Again, thank you for the warm reception. We're not better than LE (ok...debatable but that would piss off my cop friends) but I HOPE they read these posts.

I totally agree with the 2 bolded statements. I also think it's most likely someone she knew.

And I actually just wanted to ask about the possibly dying phone too. Did it somewhere say that she had just charged it before leaving (before the accident)? Did the roommate say that?

And I actually just wanted to ask about the possibly dying phone too. Did it somewhere say that she had just charged it before leaving (before the accident)? Did the roommate say that?

SBM -

That came from the screencap of the police report that I got off a video online the other day -

adriennePoliceReport1_zps1cb42399.png

ETA - I couldn't find the quote earlier about her often being quiet when she's upset, and being bad with texts... so let me just take a second to point out THERE they are, in the police report. d'oh! silly me, forgot completely where I saw that.

PS - read the yellow highlighted writing hidden halfway under the news ticker thingy - it says that she was upset that her BF was talking to other people at the party (and not paying enough attention to her) - we all suspected there was someone else that caused the fight/jealous rage that night.

I really need a copy of that report!

updated casemap with cellphone towers mapped (nearest four that I could find)..

http://goo.gl/maps/M5QgI

- it shows a very small range that Adrienne would've had to be in, for her to ping that one closest tower really since there are several around... assuming the nearest one that I found is the same nearest one that Sgt. Pooley was referring to when he said her phone pinged right there nearby each time..

lemme find the quote so i can try to be more exact...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1307/23/ng.01.html

"As far as using the cell phone towers, yes, it does indicate she was in that general area the last time before it went off, before her phone went dead. It was in that same area where her apartment is and where all this transpired at."

hmm. well .. I'm doing the best I can with what I have to work with, I guess it's all I can do.

I thought a roommate said they had thought she had gone to charge her phone, but not that she had actually done it.

If the assumption is she did not make any of the calls...who was calling her BF all those times? I do not buy it, that someone setting it up to try to look like she was using her phone would call him that many times. Maybe once or twice. No, I do think she was out there, walking around, on the phone. She may have been taking strange routes to avoid police, as I think she was really putting off dealing with the accident until she was legally sober.

I think she took another ride or got abducted right after 5:06. I don't think she would bother to tell the cabbie she was almost there if she knew she was not coming.

Where are all of the damned cameras we are always being told watch us 24/7???

updated casemap with cellphone towers mapped (nearest four that i could find)..

http://goo.gl/maps/m5qgi

- it shows a very small range that adrienne would've had to be in, for her to ping that one closest tower really since there are several around... Assuming the nearest one that i found is the same nearest one that sgt. Pooley was referring to when he said her phone pinged right there nearby each time..

Lemme find the quote so i can try to be more exact...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/transcripts/1307/23/ng.01.html

"as far as using the cell phone towers, yes, it does indicate she was in that general area the last time before it went off, before her phone went dead. It was in that same area where her apartment is and where all this transpired at."

hmm. Well .. I'm doing the best i can with what i have to work with, i guess it's all i can do.

wtg gge!

Her phone could've died suddenly from 1) the battery dying from overuse, 2) either she or someone else turned it off/removed battery, 3) smashing it, or 4) submerging it.

I know some folks are saying that it died on its own, and that is perfectly feasible if not highly unfortunate and dreadfully coincidental under these circumstances, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that she went upstairs to plug her phone in when she returned from the wreck. I want to say that a roommate stated that. So, if this is case, I doubt her phone died on its own within an hour. Unless, of course, she didn't charge it all the way. But even then you'd think it would last well over an hour, no?

Her apartment is at The Arbors on W. Brown St., at the corner of Hardy & Brown. It's been reported in the news and plastered all over TV. Welcome!

YOU ROCK! Thanks.

ok, I was wondering due to the comments about the O'Reilly video footage. If she lived on the west side of Hardy and not the EAST side of Hardy then that might be something but I think that's a red herring.

She didn't leave that apartment alone. She left in a hurry/rush with someone leaving her WALLET (I almost don't care about the keys any more...the WALLET is the thing to look at..her car is dead she doesn't need her keys). It's 5am, everone's passed out all over except the few remaining partyers (we've all been there) and gets a ride from that one guy that thinks he has a chance and it goes south.

She's blowing off the cabbie...let me solidify that statement...I'm a single guy here in AZ and typically women of that age are "flighty". I'm profiling I know but GENERALLY they're "of the moment" and will drop you like a bad habit if OMG FALLOUTBOY IS AT THIS CLUB I GOTTA GO THERE KK TTYL. She's 19, emotionally charged, thinking about something else, tired, PROBABLY had a few, and there's just flat out no judgement. I've seen more than one girl run off with a creeper at a party and they think nothing of it.

37 interviews from people at that party THAT WE HAVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT.

If the perp is young enough he might not have a criminal record, but probably does (shop lifting, maybe graffitti, vandalism...a "crime of the moment" type of thing) and figures "what the hell, here's a piece of tail that's been fighting with her dude, I got this!" and it goes sideways.

Also, INDIAN SCHOOL ROAD, look at it. Notice how on the west of the 101 there are houses and on the EAST it's a FALLOUT3 wasteland? That's all Indian Reservation. Her BF *probably* lives in the area with houses. But he's in the clear as is the cabbie (the HELL they must be going thru has got to be...hell).

....ok...ummm...am I the only one that thinks like a bad guy here?

She left her wallet, IMO, to separate herself from her ID, again not wanting to deal with the accident.

She may have taken the cash-has it been states she left cash in the wallet?

She left her wallet, IMO, to separate herself from her ID, again not wanting to deal with the accident.

She may have taken the cash-has it been states she left cash in the wallet?

No, it has only been stated (somewhere) that 'nothing was missing'.

About the wallet: Even when I was 19 I was very careful with my purse, wallet, valuables, etc. There is no way I would have left my wallet with 40 to 50 people partying in my apartment.

Her phone could've died suddenly from 1) the battery dying from overuse, 2) either she or someone else turned it off/removed battery, 3) smashing it, or 4) submerging it.

I know some folks are saying that it died on its own, and that is perfectly feasible if not highly unfortunate and dreadfully coincidental under these circumstances, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that she went upstairs to plug her phone in when she returned from the wreck. I want to say that a roommate stated that. So, if this is case, I doubt her phone died on its own within an hour. Unless, of course, she didn't charge it all the way. But even then you'd think it would last well over an hour, no?

It really depends on the device and the apps running on it.... so (too) many variables, unfortunately.

What do you carry in your wallet when you're 19 years old?

Drivers License
Social Security Card
Visa/Debit Card
Student ID Card
Fake ID
Department Store Credit Card
Health Insurance Card

Cash, maybe.

Nope! No way I would have left that for just anyone to possibly steal.

All, I'm new here so be nice :)

I live in Mesa AZ and have been following this story since it broke. Today there was another write up on it on it on a site I always visit (azcentral or azfamily...sorry I was at work and can't remember) and that made me start looking at the time line. Using the power of the internets I found this thread and mamacita's AMAZING time line! Thanks for that!

Someone said what I've been thinking: How does anyone know that was her on the phone calling for the cab?

Also (pure speculation but I've read enough about this kind of stuff to know what's going on) it's almost ALMOST always someone the vic knows and/or trusts.

Taking that into account: She's probably drunk and tired (or tipsy and tired) it's after 4am, she whacked a curb (that turn is sharp and if you're going fast or not paying attention or impaired you'll smack it) hard enough to blow both her tires. Driver side tires right? That would mean she swerved out of her lane to do that.

Limps the car *almost home*. Why almost? it wasn't that much further to go...

Comes in, changes for whatever reason (I can think of a few off the top of my head). Then...this is where it gets HUH? leaves without her keys or wallet although she's supposedly getting cab.

Ok, I think I have my facts somewhat straight here. Now lets look at the WHYs.

She's messed up, fighting with the BF, there's a party going on. "hey baby, you need a ride to your BF's place, I'm headed that way."

That's what I'm thinking happen.

OR

Jealous girl kills her and to throw off the scent calls a cab so people will think the cabbie did it.

I'm on and off the internets the next few days so I won't be able to check back as often as I can see some...errr...MOST of you can, but someone think with me...shoot holes in my ideas. Hell, I'm off all next week, I can drive around and take pix and video of the areas if you want.

For some reason this is driving me nuts. I got the same way with the serial shooters a few years ago...

Again, I'm new, I don't know what the protocol is here (yes, I read "the rules) but if this is too long winded or is revisiting something someone already beat to death I'm sorry. I just think this thing is solvable.

BBM: Yup.. This is what I think... Also because there was a party I assume alcohol and/or drugs involved...

Work the problem backwards.

You guys are good. I like this. I have TON of stuff to do and I'm here brainstorming with you geeks!

Good observation Clucian63!

She could have taken cash for the cab. As she could have had a spare key we don't know about. Ahhh...the "what ifs..." about this case.

She had every intent on meeting the cab "I'll be there in a minute"(sic) usually means "yeah yeah I'm coming hold your horses" but something came up. A "free ride" perhaps?

Basically, roommates are being accused, IMO, if one thinks she did not place those things in her room. At least as accomplices. No way that a non-roommate did all that. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx