AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SandSage - do you think AS could have been making up for work over the summer she wasn't able to finish while sick earlier that year during second semester? Maybe this is why she was doing summer projects?

There have been quite a few things about her disappearance that have been bothering me from the very start. Most of which I couldn't really put my finger on. Something just didn't seem right. Last night, thinking about this as I was trying (unsuccessfully) to fall asleep, I came upon the thing that has bothered me the most, other than her complete disappearance.

And that is the fact that she left behind her keys (including her housekey) and wallet. Never mind the big bag. Also, she left behind her little dog. And if there were still party goers there, she left her little dog behind with people in and out the door, the doors (there were two leading from the downstairs out onto the patio) possibly even being open so people could mingle in and out. This is a very common practice at parties, leaving the doors open. It makes sense this is one of the ways she was able to slip in and out so easily without being noticed. The door was wide open, she could just go right in and up the stairs without being seen.

But this isn't what bothers me so much. It is all these things put together. And I think we have to go back to the scene of the accident and think about what her state of mind must have been at that time because it is very important as to what might have happened later. IMO

Trying my best to put myself in Adrienne's shoes, I can imagine that it must have been horrifying to her to have that accident, hit the curb and blow out her tires, see another car had witnessed it and possibly called the cops, very fearful of getting a DUI and then on top of that her car was damaged. (We don't know how bad but probably making strange noises.) She was already very upset so this must have really caused her major grief. Surely at this time she began to call her bf because she would need someone to help and he would be the only one she really felt she could call this time of night.

But why? Why wouldn't she have called one of her roommates? Was their relationship not so close anymore? Could it be that they had cautioned her just that night that she shouldn't be driving since she was drinking? After all, one of her roommates had earlier taken off on her bicycle to look for Adrienne (after she jumped from her bf's car) rather than chance driving her vehicle.

It appears to me that Adrienne wasn't thinking very clearly for much of that evening, prior to her disappearance and even prior to the accident. The accident surely compounded her confusion. She didn't seem capable of 'making up her mind'.

(She ordered her bf to leave the party, then chases him down and tells him to take her to his place, then leaves to walk home, then jumps out of his car, then takes her car to go back...etc.)

Therefore it seems highly logical to me that she could have also been 'wishy washy' about wanting a cab to take her to her bf's place at 4:30 in the morning. She could have, in her state of mind, easily been compulsive in first calling for the cab and then later, when the cabbie was already there, changed her mind and decided not to go.

It is inconceivable to me that this young lady, who loved her little dog so much, would leave it behind and not even leave a note to her roommate, along with her key to the apartment, key to the car and also wallet with all her identification and possibly money or debit card.

How was she planning to get back in? If she planned to tell her bf about the wreck and wanted to go check on her car, how would they get into the car without a key?

Deduction: I think Adrienne didn't really plan to leave her apartment that morning. I think she changed her mind. But something made her go outside.

I don't think when she went outside she was planning on leaving at all. But I don't think she would have wanted to 'stiff' the cab driver. She would want to maintain a good relationship with them considering she might have used them before. Also, it's very possible she had told the driver where she lived.

So maybe in one of those last phone calls she had changed her mind and told him and he was upset so she said to come by and she would run some money out to him.

Just thinking....

IMHO

ETA: And because she didn't want her roomies to see her do this, she went to the corner of her street (Brown & Hardy) to meet the cabbie there. That's what I would have done. Maybe.

It has always been my life experience, whether dealing with employees, family members, or friends, when things don't add up, when actions don't match the person, alcohol or drugs, usually drugs, are the culprit. I hear many keep saying, and indeed her father appears to confirm that on this night AS did not act like the woman she has grown up to be. So why such off the wall behavior tonight? For me, the only logical explanation is that her normal behavior patterns were altered. How? By the introduction of drugs into her system. Now hold on, I'm not even slightly suggesting that she voluntarily took some kind of drug. Rather, considering all the things she did that night, and agreeing that many of those things did not fit the way she normally acts, we are left to consider the conclusion that somebody slipped her some drugs that night.
in the cab business in Tempe we see these parties every week, they are not slumber parties. the sole purpose of these parties is so that underage people can drink. they start out with five or ten people, then those call other people, and so on throughout the night. The nature of the party itself, is what makes it so hard for the cops to interview everyone. Who knows who was there? most people come uninvited, thankful for only the cell phone call that got them to the party..."hey it's me, there's a great party over here at Brown and Ash...come on over." The police may never know who was actually at that party, and that is their biggest problem.--Cab Guy

Snipped...
Trying my best to put myself in Adrienne's shoes, I can imagine that it must have been horrifying to her to have that accident, hit the curb and blow out her tires, see another car had witnessed it and possibly called the cops, very fearful of getting a DUI and then on top of that her car was damaged. (We don't know how bad but probably making strange noises.) She was already very upset so this must have really caused her major grief. Surely at this time she began to call her bf because she would need someone to help and he would be the only one she really felt she could call this time of night.

But why? Why wouldn't she have called one of her roommates? Was their relationship not so close anymore? Could it be that they had cautioned her just that night that she shouldn't be driving since she was drinking? After all, one of her roommates had earlier taken off on her bicycle to look for Adrienne (after she jumped from her bf's car) rather than chance driving her vehicle.

Ok, ok, since you guys are all divulging the nitty gritty of your lives. I have actually done this. :blushing:

I wont go into details but I was furious at my boyfriend and had been drinking left a party to go home and was going about 85 all the while trying to call him and do something with my CD player - next thing I know I had lost control of my car and ended up rolling the car but it managed to end up right side up, I drove to the side of the road - my first thought? Holy Crap I CANNOT get a DUI. Obviously my boyfriend wasn't answering, there was no way I was calling my mom, it was too early to call any of my friends who I presumed were either heavily intoxicated or asleep so I called a tow truck myself. If I hadn't been on the freeway and unable to see out my windshield (picture Ace Ventura) I would have totally ditched my car. However, I tried to gather myself and realized that I had not really drank that much. A cop came he agreed that I was sober. My boyfriend finally answered and came and picked me up.

If I were her, (oh wait I've been her) I would have ditched the car too. I wouldn't have called my friends but would have called my boyfriend and if he hadn't answered I would have tried to figure my way out of my little dilemma on my own.

It has always been my life experience, whether dealing with employees, family members, or friends, when things don't add up, when actions don't match the person, alcohol or drugs, usually drugs, are the culprit. I hear many keep saying, and indeed her father appears to confirm that on this night AS did not act like the woman she has grown up to be. So why such off the wall behavior tonight? For me, the only logical explanation is that her normal behavior patterns were altered. How? By the introduction of drugs into her system. Now hold on, I'm not even slightly suggesting that she voluntarily took some kind of drug. Rather, considering all the things she did that night, and agreeing that many of those things did not fit the way she normally acts, we are left to consider the conclusion that somebody slipped her some drugs that night.
in the cab business in Tempe we see these parties every week, they are not slumber parties. the sole purpose of these parties is so that underage people can drink. they start out with five or ten people, then those call other people, and so on throughout the night. The nature of the party itself, is what makes it so hard for the cops to interview everyone. Who knows who was there? most people come uninvited, thankful for only the cell phone call that got them to the party..."hey it's me, there's a great party over here at Brown and Ash...come on over." The police may never know who was actually at that party, and that is their biggest problem.--Cab Guy

Yes, it is possible she was drugged. Yes, she was reportedly acting a bit erratic earlier. However, after she went home from the accident, it seemed like whatever may have altered her behavior was perhaps wearing off. She had the presence of mind to change clothes, to charge her phone, and to call a cab multiple times to ensure that it was coming. Something like rohypnol would've rendered her unconscious for hours. Something like GHB likely wouldn't have rendered her unconscious, but she probably would not have flipped out and got angry either, if you naw/m sayin'. Similar with weed. I think she probably drank a little bit that night (prehaps tequila since she was emotional?), maybe hit a J a few times (maybe even bad stuff?), and then by 4AM or so it was beginning to wear off and she was in "regret" mode.

She was hell bent on getting to her boyfriend that night. She was hell bent on getting a cab to get her to her boyfriend that night. So much so that she called her boyfriend 32 times during this time, and the cab quite a few times as well.

Hello Cab_Guy,

Since you are a guy, perhaps you have never experienced the emotions of a 19 year old girl. At 19, (barely out of adolescence) we don't even have to be drinking to be 'not thinking clearly'. All kinds of things can cause us to be irrational, emotional, unreasonable and downright disagreeable, without anything to drink or drugs of any kind.

Did you read my long theory of what might have happened? That she might have literally 'changed her mind'?

They say "It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind."

True... (roomies, if you're reading this, PLEASE KEEP YOUR DOOR LOCKED). Now that I think about it, I never locked mine either until I found a well-known transient that I had befriended cooking a tin of tuna in my microwave. :facepalm:

Cabbie did not say anything about that (TMK)... but we should ask. Cab_Guy, was she a familiar customer?

Nope, as far as we can tell, she never called us before that night. Her name is not in our data-base, and a search of her phone number shows only the below listed call contacts with her cell, all from the night in question:

1) 4:23 (4 minutes)

2) 4:37 call waiting incoming call (3 minutes)

3) 4:53 call waiting incoming call (1 minute)
Driver says he is on his way,,,AS says "...be there in a minute."

4) 5:05 Driver call (1 minute)
Call rings several times and goes to voice-mail...driver leaves message

5) 5:06 Driver call (1 minute)

6) 5:06 Driver call (1 minute)
Call rings just once and goes direct to voice mail...driver hangs up

Hello Cab_Guy,

Since you are a guy, perhaps you have never experienced the emotions of a 19 year old girl. At 19, (barely out of adolescence) we don't even have to be drinking to be 'not thinking clearly'. All kinds of things can cause us to be irrational, emotional, unreasonable and downright disagreeable, without anything to drink or drugs of any kind.

Did you read my long theory of what might have happened? That she might have literally 'changed her mind'?

I used to hum a song to myself when I was that age and had to deal with the emotional roller coaster that was a 19 year old girl: "you got to know when to hold em', know when to fold em', know when to walk away, and know when to run".

I think boyfriend was probably humming the same tune that night. It sounds to me like she may have been a little out of control for a bit and he just wanted her to "leave me the heck alone until tomorrow!". I had plenty of those kinds of nights at that age. That's why his walking outside 'to get air' has never bothered me, nor his failure to answer the phone/respond to texts.

Hello Cab_Guy,

From all we know, AS does not have these kind of emotional break downs. It does not appear to be the type of "gal" she is...not if you believe her Dad, and I do. I take her father at his word and his description of her does not match up with the the irrational things she did that night. For me, the best explanation is that drugs had to have played a part in this evening, and AS was the victim of somebody at that party.--Cab Guy

The only reason a dispatcher who is also driving would stay on the phone for 4 minutes with a client is that the client was having a hard time explaining and confirming the pick-up. This happens every Friday/Saturday in Tempe. Young men and women call for a cab and can't get it together well enough to direct the driver to them. Our dispatchers are instructed to GPS the pick-up address before the caller is let go. Just looking at the phone log, I can tell you that an experienced dispatcher would stay on the line with a client only long enough to verify the pick-up info. It is clear to me that AS was having a difficult time thinking clearly at both 4:23am and at 4:37am when she called back. For me, there's only one explanation, and it is not that she was simply emotional.--Cab Guy

I'm not sure I agree with the whole drug thing. I mean maybe she smoked a little pot but I don't think this is a girl who would get into hardcore drugs.

Also, cab guy. May I ask this question..... Does Tom jr remember her demeanor over the phone? If she was as drugged up as some are suggesting wouldn't you be able to tell that by talking to her? I'd really appreciate some feedback on her demeanor over the phone. That's very important.

Nope, as far as we can tell, she never called us before that night. Her name is not in our data-base, and a search of her phone number shows only the below listed call contacts with her cell, all from the night in question:

1) 4:23 (4 minutes)

2) 4:37 call waiting incoming call (3 minutes)

3) 4:53 call waiting incoming call (1 minute)
Driver says he is on his way,,,AS says "...be there in a minute."

4) 5:05 Driver call (1 minute)

5) 5:06 Driver call (1 minute)

6) 5:06 Driver call (1 minute)
Call rings just once and goes direct to voice mail...driver hangs up

If this is true, then she could have been blowing off the cab. She could have turned the phone off herself. Hmm.

From all we know, AS does not have these kind of emotional break downs. It does not appear to be the type of "gal" she is...not if you believe her Dad, and I do. I take her father at his word and his description of her does not match up with the the irrational things she did that night. For me, the best explanation is that drugs had to have played a part in this evening, and AS was the victim of somebody at that party.--Cab Guy

I didn't refer to her emotions that night as being 'emotional breakdowns'. Men and women are different. Guys think with the left side of their brain. Women with the right. Just because she was emotional, more than she might have normally been, does not make her some bad or strange type of gal. It's actually quite normal for a girl/woman, especially a young 19 year old woman who is arguing with her boyfriend, to experience these types of emotions. They do not have to be drug-induced.

Cab guy sadly, I think so as well.

I think someone did dose her drink when she wasn't looking. It would explain her bipolar behavior that evening. In the onset of being unknowingly drugged many ppl get paranoid, irritated, and emotional/irrational.

And cab guy, thank you for sharing this information with us. I know this must be a nightmare for everyone involved.

Sorry for typing so fast that I failed to make it clear that I do not think AS voluntarily took drugs. In fact, from what we know of her, it is highly unlikely that she did. I do believe that these types of parties lend themselves to "good girls" being taken advantage of by someone they don't even know or with whom they were just introduced. Every weekend it amazes me how many of these drinking "house" partiies there are. Guys get together and hop from party to party looking for girls just like AS. They travel with their buddies, generally by cab, and they rarely know the owner of the homes they go to. It's one of these guys I would be looking for...one of these guys who could have easily slipped something in AS's drink...one of these guys who could have overheard a distressed AS talking with a cabbie and saying "...OK I'll meet you at the AM PM...be there in a minute."...one of these guys who is responsible for AS's disappearance between 4:53 and 5:06am.--Cab Guy

I used to hum a song to myself when I was that age and had to deal with the emotional roller coaster that was a 19 year old girl: "you got to know when to hold em', know when to fold em', know when to walk away, and know when to run".

I think boyfriend was probably humming the same tune that night. It sounds to me like she may have been a little out of control for a bit and he just wanted her to "leave me the heck alone until tomorrow!". I had plenty of those kinds of nights at that age. That's why his walking outside 'to get air' has never bothered me, nor his failure to answer the phone/respond to texts.

Hehe Kenny Rogers!

Sorry for typing so fast that I failed to make it clear that I do not think AS voluntarily took drugs. In fact, from what we know of her, it is highly unlikely that she did. I do believe that these types of parties lend themselves to "good girls" being taken advantage of by someone they don't even know or with whom they were just introduced. Every weekend it amazes me how many of these drinking "house" partiies there are. Guys get together and hop from party to party looking for girls just like AS. They travel with their buddies, generally by cab, and they rarely know the owner of the homes they go to. It's one of these guys I would be looking for...one of these guys who could have easily slipped something in AS's drink...one of these guys who could have overheard a distressed AS talking with a cabbie and saying "...OK I'll meet you at the AM PM...be there in a minute."...one of these guys who is responsible for AS's disappearance between 4:53 and 5:06am.--Cab Guy

Thank you I completely agree! I've been screaming this for some time now, but keep getting backtracked.

I wrote of 2 separate occasions that I was involuntarily drugged while living in Tempe and going to ASU. It seemed like quite the epidemic there, but alas that was 10 years ago.

If this is true, then she could have been blowing off the cab. She could have turned the phone off herself. Hmm.

OK. I'm quoting this and I'm going to take it one step further for sheets and giggles. If she was blowing the cab off, and if she turned her phone off herself, then she was either where she set out to be, or she was with who she set out to be with. She would not have voluntarily turned her phone off otherwise, IMO. After all, she was hell bent on being with a specific person, and trying like mad to communicate with him.

Then again, she may NOT have turned her phone off, but just hit the decline button when cabbie called that last time.

Then again, police say her phone went dead at that time, so it was either turned off, died, or disabled.

Sheesh. What a case.

The night this happened the calls between Tom and AS were uneventful. He did not remember AS, except to say that he remembered getting stood up after driving a long way to get a ride. Tom works the overnight shift and supervises the night drivers. His shift ends right about 5am, unless he takes an early morning airport call. This was Tom's last call of the night, after that he drove 3 miles N/E to my home in Tempe to turn in the driver cash and fill his Dad in on the evening. His phne log shows just two other calls after he tried to get in touch with AS at 5:06am:

5:08 Call to Driver to collect money from him

5:10 Call to same driver to collect money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members