NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather think Erica is deceased than to think she's currently held hostage somewhere and being further abused.

Further to my hypothetical scenario....I forgot to ask.... do the circumstances surrounding her disappearance match any other MOs of missing girls?

The problem with the "Meemaw Irene" story is the only person who could possibly be "Nan" died in 2005. If there's another grandparent, the Parsonses have failed to cough up a name.

That's all well and good, that his kids initials are tattooed on his arm, and he saved their teeth for the tooth fairy, and he's frustrated with the helicopters but....

...he has a little girl that has been missing for over 2 years.

What has he been doing for the last 2 years that was more important than finding her, talking to her, making sure she was loved and cared for?

The problem with the "Meemaw Irene" story is the only person who could possibly be "Nan" died in 2005. If there's another grandparent, the Parsonses have failed to cough up a name.

Again, what folks seem to be missing is that the Parsons are not saying that they sent Erica off with the actual grandmother, but someone claiming to be the grandmother and identifying herself as Nan. They were duped.

Maybe 'Meemaw Irene' is the name provided to the Parsons....but then again, what parent would not vet such details before, or at least shortly after, delivering their child to such a person, with the reported people that fictitious Meemaw Irene is allegedly related to?

See....no matter how hard one tries, all roads are like cul-de-sacs in this case, which lead us back to scrutinizing the Parsons.

Again, what folks seem to be missing is that the Parsons are not saying that they sent Erica off with the actual grandmother, but someone claiming to be the grandmother and identifying herself as Nan. They were duped.

Sorry, but you seem to be stating this as fact, not opinion. Is that your intention? Are you privy to inside information?

Is it possible "duped" is an awfully neutral word for parents who gave their kid to a stranger?

Maybe 'Meemaw Irene' is the name provided to the Parsons....but then again, what parent would not vet such details before, or at least shortly after, delivering their child to such a person, with the reported people that fictitious Meemaw Irene is allegedly related to?

See....no matter how hard one tries, all roads are like cul-de-sacs in this case, which lead us back to scrutinizing the Parsons.

Don't forget that Casey tried to tie the "Nan" story to Carolyn (bio mom)whom she reportedly hates.

Thinking out loud here, and food for thought

For what it's worth, on information I've collected, Carolyn was searching for her own birth parents as early as 2007. And apparently she did find them sometime before 2011, with the help of somebody named "Carole" online at ancestry.com forums.

So that alone tells me that if Carolyn was hunting her own birth parents then she had to be thinking of her own children she had given off to adoption, and perhaps wondering if they wanted to find her, or for her to wonder how they were. And the one child she knew positive location of was Erica because she gave her to her in-laws, Casey and Sandy Parsons (Erica's Aunt and Uncle) and they adopted Erica.

Now, going by "my" logic, "IF" Sandy and Casey Parsons' (unbelievable) story was true about Erica meeting and then wanting to stay with this "Nan" person, who they claim they told Erica this was her bio grandmother, then on the same token, they would have had to tell her, that they, themselves were not her real parents. Surely that would have to bring up the subject of Erica asking then who her real parents were. You just can't open Pandora's box like that without letting it all out.

The only comments I recall were from Casey during the Salisbury Post interview where she said they were allowed to adopt Erica because she was attached to them, they taught her to walk and talk and that Erica called them "mommy and daddy." Why would Erica be so excited about meeting and visiting her bio grandmother if she didn't even know she had bio family?

Fast forward to 2011. Carolyn told a reporter that the last time she saw Erica was on January 5, 2011. Casey and Sandy were not moved into the 218 Miller Chapel Rd house yet because that house wasn't even purchased by Sandy's father until April 2011. So for Carolyn to have met or talk to, or however, seen Erica on January 5, 2011, that had to be wherever Sandy and Casey were living prior. We know they lived at 275 Trexler Loop Rd in Salisbury toward the fall of 2010 (because of the online complaint regarding the puppy mill) so I would "assume" that is the address where Carolyn went to see Erica.

Reading the timeline history on Carolyn Parsons FB, she wrote on January 6, 2011 that she was informed that she was a worthless mom. She further posted that comment did not come from her kids but somebody else. Now we don't know who told her that, although we can guess, but it just happens to be right after she went to see Erica on that day based on her comments to the reporter at wbtv.

REFERENCE:
This info below came from the "video" at the following news link:
www.wbtv.com/story/23244470/erica-parsons-biological-mother-talks-to-wbtv-at-friday-vigil

"Reporter: "Parsons said the last time she saw Erica was January 5, 2011, almost an entire year before Erica allegedly went to live with her biological grandmother."

Carolyn: "I was tickled to death to see her in January (2011). I was tickled to death that we were going to have some kind of bond. She didn't have to call me mama. She didn't ever have to say I love you," Parsons said. But that bond quickly ended after Parsons told us Casey and Sandy kept her away from Erica after that January 2011 meeting."

Reporter: "The next time she heard anything about her daughter was about three weeks ago when she said authorities told her Erica had been missing for two years."

ACR

I also wanted to add that I don't like that cape and those horns.... Don't make me put it back on again. I prefer my comfy pajamas to that act anyday!

They were duped? They've been duping for 2 1/2 years now, and they still would be, had their son not reported this.

I'll bet they never forgot to cash that check.

Ummmmm...........yes that's exactly what they are saying.

Bull.

IMO

:moo:

I'm on my nook and I can't snip bits of posts but ACandyRose I would be willing to bet Erica knew for a long time that the Parsonses were not her biological parents. I would also be willing to bet that CP threw that in her face every chance she got.

Well, if I got a phone call or messages on the internet from someone claiming to know everything about one of my children I'd be checking to see who in the H it really was.

I also wanted to add that I don't like that cape and those horns.... Don't make me put it back on again. I prefer my comfy pajamas to that act anyday!

For what it's worth I often see the value of devil's advocacy, and it's not uncommon for me to end up on the "wrong" side of a thread, including threads where the parents are suspected of wrongdoing. (Meaning: I have defended parents under sketchy circumstances before when a thread was screaming for blood.)

It's just very hard to come up with a plausible scenario that doesn't make the Parsonses look criminally negligent at the very least. They absolutely did *something* with their 13 year old daughter which is now causing her to be unfindable, and they continued to cash her checks.

Thinking out loud here, and food for thought

For what it's worth, on information I've collected, Carolyn was searching for her own birth parents as early as 2007. And apparently she did find them sometime before 2011, with the help of somebody named "Carole" online at ancestry.com forums.

So that alone tells me that if Carolyn was hunting her own birth parents then she had to be thinking of her own children she had given off to adoption, and perhaps wondering if they wanted to find her, or for her to wonder how they were. And the one child she knew positive location of was Erica because she gave her to her in-laws, Casey and Sandy Parsons (Erica's Aunt and Uncle) and they adopted Erica.

Now, going by "my" logic, "IF" Sandy and Casey Parsons' (unbelievable) story was true about Erica meeting and then wanting to stay with this "Nan" person, who they claim they told Erica this was her bio grandmother, then on the same token, they would have had to tell her, that they, themselves were not her real parents. Surely that would have to bring up the subject of Erica asking then who her real parents were. You just can't open Pandora's box like that without letting it all out.

The only comments I recall were from Casey during the Salisbury Post interview where she said they were allowed to adopt Erica because she was attached to them, they taught her to walk and talk and that Erica called them "mommy and daddy." Why would Erica be so excited about meeting and visiting her bio grandmother if she didn't even know she had bio family?

Fast forward to 2011. Carolyn told a reporter that the last time she saw Erica was on January 5, 2011. Casey and Sandy were not moved into the 218 Miller Chapel Rd house yet because that house wasn't even purchased by Sandy's father until April 2011. So for Carolyn to have met or talk to, or however, seen Erica on January 5, 2011, that had to be wherever Sandy and Casey were living prior. We know they lived at 275 Trexler Loop Rd in Salisbury toward the fall of 2010 (because of the online complaint regarding the puppy mill) so I would "assume" that is the address where Carolyn went to see Erica.

Reading the timeline history on Carolyn Parsons FB, she wrote on January 6, 2011 that she was informed that she was a worthless mom. She further posted that comment did not come from her kids but somebody else. Now we don't know who told her that, although we can guess, but it just happens to be right after she went to see Erica on that day based on her comments to the reporter at wbtv.

REFERENCE:
This info below came from the "video" at the following news link:
www.wbtv.com/story/23244470/erica-parsons-biological-mother-talks-to-wbtv-at-friday-vigil

"Reporter: "Parsons said the last time she saw Erica was January 5, 2011, almost an entire year before Erica allegedly went to live with her biological grandmother."

Carolyn: "I was tickled to death to see her in January (2011). I was tickled to death that we were going to have some kind of bond. She didn't have to call me mama. She didn't ever have to say I love you," Parsons said. But that bond quickly ended after Parsons told us Casey and Sandy kept her away from Erica after that January 2011 meeting."

Reporter: "The next time she heard anything about her daughter was about three weeks ago when she said authorities told her Erica had been missing for two years."

ACR

Nice analysis. Regarding knowledge that she was adopted, I think it is also fair to think the always knew she was adopted. I imagine this clan spent considerable time discussing how everyone was related.

It sounds like the Jan. 2011 visit did not go well for Carolyn. She was shut out. Perhaps she spent the rest of the year lining up a way to get Erica out of there?

I'm on my nook and I can't snip bits of posts but ACandyRose I would be willing to bet Erica knew for a long time that the Parsonses were not her biological parents. I would also be willing to bet that CP threw that in her face every chance she got.

^ I so agree!

Could you imagine that if this went to jury today, how bad the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' would be? Doesn't seem like the police are into locating a living girl, instead they are looking for evidence that implies she is 'gone'. That speaks volumes.

Maybe I am different because I like names, numbers, and dates (I sure love researching History!)..... but if my daughter went somewhere and I tried repeatedly to call her (as CP claims), I would remember at least some sequences of the phone numbers I called. At the very least, I would have a yellow sticky note or a napkin with the numbers I had tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean