GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF.

They just left the coolers in the back yard & on the porch?

W
T
F

You mean the coolers with Laura's remains? I don't think so. I think they were talking about empty coolers? Either way, not very well kept, the property.

You mean the coolers with Laura's remains? I don't think so. I think they were talking about empty coolers? Either way, not very well kept, the property.

He said those are the coolers GH left? Along with "Aunt Amanda's suitcase that they didn't have room for".

Since GH left them, I assume those are the ones that held Laura's remains, yes.

Seems to me GH watched "Hannibal" one too many times.

If all this does not show premeditation, I do not know what does. Ta-ta.

I was thinking he had heard the story of Robert "Willie" Pickton up in BC, Canada. Also known as "The Pig Farmer Killer".

From Wiki-
"Forensic analysis was very difficult because the bodies of the victims may have been left to decompose or allowed to be eaten by insects and pigs on the farm. During the early days of the excavations, forensic anthropologists brought in heavy equipment, including two 50-foot (15 m) flat conveyor belts and soil sifters to find traces of remains. On March 10, 2004, it was revealed that human flesh may have been ground up and mixed with pork from the farm. According to the book On the Farm, by Stevie Cameron, he took orders from the public and bought and sold ground meat containing human meat. He also sold meat to businesses in the Fraser Valley that contained human meat; the province's health authority later issued a warning. Another claim made is that he fed the bodies directly to his pigs."

Yes, think they left 2 of the coolers that had held LA's remains. Of course they had already emptied them in the creek by then IMO.

Screen caps I took while watching this afternoon.

These were taken while Dalton Berry was testifying. They are the backyard of AH sister's home.

Backporch of sister's home

fcliew.png

Cooler found on back porch

33bfogl.png

Cooler in back yard

34oeh5k.png

Trash pile w/ "Aunt Amanda's suitcase that they didn't have room to take back with them"

2rhp8vk.png

Close up of the suitcase

2hzpph5.png

Another cooler left in the backyard

jkf8k1.png

One of the pieces of furniture GH & AH left at her sister's home on the porch

ke8eib.png

I was thinking he had heard the story of Robert "Willie" Pickton up in BC, Canada. Also known as "The Pig Farmer Killer".

Snipped by me :)

Oh, I remember "Mr." Pickton. However, I think GH is not someone to read the news. He is all about the show biz (or so he thinks), so my money is on Hannibal. Either way, sick sick puppy.

I haven't been able to follow this as much as I like, and when I do get time to stream the trial live it's always when they're doing something like having a second-tier witness read a phone bill out loud. Thanks for the posts and screencaps.

Snipped by me :)

Oh, I remember "Mr." Pickton. However, I think GH is not someone to read the news. He is all about the show biz (or so he thinks), so my money is on Hannibal. Either way, sick sick puppy.

I personally think that Amanda was well aware of what her sister's sons did for a living and the "country" aspect of where her sister lived in Texas.

To address the trash issue. Out here, many of us do not have residential trash pickup. You either have to take it to the dump or burn it. Most choose to burn if they live 1-2 hours away from a dump, or not. In any event, we have been on a burn ban for the last 2-3 years for the most part, so burning wasn't an option for them at that point, which was probably good since the suitcase was found intact.

Just some points of clarification:

- It's never up to the defense or any defendant to show or prove innocence, it's up to the state to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, 100% of the time, every time, in every criminal trial. The defendant doesn't have to present anything if they don't want to; the burden rests squarely on the state to prove the charges.

- GH's attire is not an issue for this court. If it were, the judge would have ruled and he'd be wearing something different. If GH even wanted to wear his prison orange clothes he could.

- One reason ADAs will cover things that seem irrelevant is because sometimes it's a strategic move to show the jury that all bases were covered during an investigation and all items of potential evidential value were looked at, even things that end up not being important to the case or part of the buffet of evidence. It precludes the defense from claiming an investigation wasn't thorough. Another reason is that little pieces of the puzzle are being explored through testimony and might be all tied together at the end.

I appreciate what you say and yes in a 'perfect world' GH's clothing should not make a bit of difference one way or another. I get irritated when someone comments about a defendant's bad hair or color of shirt but (ain't there always one of those?) when the clothing is very casual, almost like the person fell out of bed in 'em combined with a smirky look, laughter and slouches from the defendant then I add all those factors up and decide the defendant is thumbing his nose at our court. He has every right to choose to do so but IMO he runs the risk of alienating the opinion/s of others about himself.

I wonder how stupid this defendant truly is. He was smirking and laughing when testimony was entered about the stain on the couch as if the stain on the couch exonerates him 100%. Such glee over such a minor victory.

I personally think that Amanda was well aware of what her sister's sons did for a living and the "country" aspect of where her sister lived in Texas.

To address the trash issue. Out here, many of us do not have residential trash pickup. You either have to take it to the dump or burn it. Most choose to burn if they live 1-2 hours away from a dump, or not. In any event, we have been on a burn ban for the last 2-3 years for the most part, so burning wasn't an option for them at that point, which was probably good since the suitcase was found intact.

Oh, gotcha re: burn.

I must have missed what the kids did for a living.

I think they are the coolers that held her remains.

I missed it, why are there objections to these pictures of Laura's remains?

wooo! Thank you to whomever just found the adjust to the mic on the Prosecutor's table!

Inflammatory?!??

This is what GH & AH did!! How is that inflammatory?

wow, even the judge doesn't want to have to look at these photos.

The pictures of the remains are extremely gory. I think the judge wants to limit how many the jurors have to take in to understand the gruesome dismemberment and dumping.

You know, if a member of my family called and asked to visit to leave some furniture and a body in my area (I do have a creek...), I would have been on the phone to local LE to intercept them.

What a mess Amanda's sister got herself into. Is she still facing charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member