NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol because it says she sees her husband's car by HER driveway not IN.

I do not think he was in his drive but pulled in front of neighbors
Well that's what I thought too, but ... BBM
http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/08/31/vanished-dix-hills-father-still-missing-after-2-months/
About a week after her husband’s disappearance, Suffolk police detectives informed Ida that a neighbor’s camera had recorded what appeared to be her husband’s car by her driveway at approximately 2:41 p.m., June 14, and then showed it pulling out of the driveway 10 minutes later. Only the top of the car was spotted; the driver and/or passengers weren’t. The camera caught Ida’s car pulling into the driveway at about 3 p.m.
:waitasec:

I believe what is being recalled about "a red car was spotted heading in the direction of the mayers home, and passed in the opposite direction 10 minutes later" was actually the wording used to discredit NCNYs WS claims on FB.

it did exist, but not in a press released statement.

rofl--- And tcg---isn't "Take Care Guys" but True Crime Gal----:floorlaugh::blushing::blushing::blushing:
yeah.......good times...good times
I finally caught on to that-TCG

It can be both! :D

Thanks wasn't enough here. Thank you for digging + posting a link. Most of this tech talk is gibberish to me but I try my best to evolve + follow along. :blushing:
Again thanks so much to you + others for patience + explaining things along the way of confusing details here.
:yourock:

You are welcome! :blushing:

This case is an endless game of telephone.

Great, now I've got Lady Gaga stuck in my head... :)

He was definitely there. His wallet with the receipt from Arrrow was in his wallet.

Hi Drib--where did you read about the receipt being in the wallet? Link? Thanks :seeya:

Later,
tcg

He was definitely there. His wallet with the receipt from Arrrow was in his wallet.

That's why I have always suspected gf....a lookout for IM ....text me if you see the car ....gf texts shes coming get out of there and he hurriedly leaves

IIRC, I believe she did have a friend in LE. I could have sworn I read it somewhere, but can't recall where. Does anyone recall??

I also agree that the secrecy is possibly because of the skeletons in the closet. I also believe it colors our thinking on the matter too. It is hard to put aside. Although, maybe there are private issues IM and family do not want to advertise to the public. I don't know how I would respond exactly if someone in my family disappeared. I guess it depends on the circumstances and how the back story relates to the disappearance. JMO

I think IM doesn't give a carp about the rest of us knowing about the skeletons. She doesn't want the kids to know. Something I can completely understand.

He was? It was in his wallet?
I "think" I know -
He was seen on cam at Arrow.
He made a transaction there.
A receipt was found.
His wallet was found.
In the garage.
A red car went to or near his garage @ 2:40, leaving @ 2:50.
I have no idea where RM was after 2:15, definitively.
For all I know the bakery delivery guy drives a red car + went by to drop off some cannolis.

I think IM doesn't give a carp about the rest of us knowing about the skeletons. She doesn't want the kids to know. Something I can completely understand.

Hmmm, maybe. If it was me, I wouldn't want everyone to know. You could be right, but I think most people don't like that kind of thing getting around.

Today I think, gulp, suicide. I hate that I think suicide. But yeah, I do and there are a million holes in my theory but:

Leaves wallet, phone and money. Why unless he doesn't need them.

Ida's pleas are for him to return, not for someone else to return him.

That official flyer saying endangered.

LE saying not a criminal case but still actively investigating.

Bike was in the back seat or trunk. Rode the bike to the preserve...

The suicide at the dock got me thinking.

JMO

Edited: to remove NAMUS from flyer source and no time right now to sleuth for source.

Verified insiders are persons who have information vital to the case. They can be family or friends. They aren't people who knew the missing person in high school but know about his/her current life. NCNY has been verified in this case. He submitted his real life information to the owner and admins and they contacted him by phone and asked him questions to verify his identity and ties to RM.

NCNY may or may not have personal information about habits RM had. He has the right to lead us in the right direction and not tell us the whole truth because he has a relationship with him that he doesn't want to damage. His real life is more important than WS.

As far as secrecy, we don't know what the big secret is or if there is one. We also don't know each others' real names. That anonymity allows us to post more freely than if our own names were attached. That works for the verified insider as well as the typical poster.

Thank you, Cat, for that explanation...it's very helpful!

I believe this is RM's home. Note the red car in driveway.

picture.php

Actually, the news is not big here in ny, long island or even dix hills.
You would be surprised at how many locals have not heard about this.

I agree. I live in RM's area, and have never seen even 1 poster up anywhere. I spoke to a work friend today, who is also in the same town, and whom I haven't seen all summer. She knew NOTHING about the case, surprisingly, until I mentioned it.

Today I think, gulp, suicide. I hate that I think suicide. But yeah, I do and there are a million holes in my theory but:

Leaves wallet, phone and money. Why unless he doesn't need them.

Ida's pleas are for him to return, not for someone else to return him.

The NAMUS flyer saying endangered.

LE saying not a criminal case but still actively investigating.

Bike was in the back seat or trunk. Rode the bike to the preserve...

The suicide at the dock got me thinking.

JMO

It said "endangered missing" on the flyer? On the Namus website, it said "missing."
On the CUE site it says "endangered missing." I wonder what LE thinks? I agree that it is odd he left his wallet and belongings behind. It does seem like suicide in a way, unfortunately. I'm still on the fence with all this though.

I agree. I live in RM's area, and have never seen even 1 poster up anywhere. I spoke to a work friend today, who is also in the same town, and whom I haven't seen all summer. She knew NOTHING about the case, surprisingly, until I mentioned it.

I was at a gas station today having something fixed on my car....
as the engine light keeps going on...and off....and on... and off.

I saw a man with a t-shirt ...with the same union as RM.
I got up and said....do you know about one of your brothers
named (*advertiser censored* xxxxx) is missing? Has there been any announcements
via a email or people talking from your union?

and he said that since it was the summer...that no union meetings
have happened but next Thursday night - there will be a union
meeting in Queens and he is definitely going to mention it at the meeting.

It said "endangered missing" on the flyer? On the Namus website, it said "missing."
On the CUE site it says "endangered missing." I wonder what LE thinks? I agree that it is odd he left his wallet and belongings behind. It does seem like suicide in a way, unfortunately. I'm still on the fence with all this though.
Sorry I may have them confused. Just knew it was somewhere "official".

I will change my theory tomorrow. Every day something changes my mind.

But today I'm reading a lot of desperation in IM's actions before his disappearance. Lobsters on a Friday night for no reason? Who does that? The trip to Italy that seems last minute....

I was at a gas station today having something fixed on my car....
as the engine light keeps going on...and off....and on... and off.

I saw a man with a t-shirt ...with the same union as RM.
I got up and said....do you know about one of your brothers
named (*advertiser censored* xxxxx) is missing? Has there been any announcements
via a email or people talking from your union?

and he said that since it was the summer...that no union meetings
have happened but next Thursday night - there will be a union
meeting in Queens and he is definitely going to mention it at the meeting.

Great! Hope he remembers to do it. Could be helpful. BTW, your message box is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member