CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snip

Okay, I don't know if the driver looked in the car when he first got there and left OR if he did and Bryce wasn't in the car ???

I would imagine any roadside service person would look inside a car they are called out to for the person associated with the vehicle.

Did Bryce have two Instagram accounts? I found one under his name and the pics are definitely him, but the account name did not have fire or purple K in it.

Another thought is perhaps he wanted to be a firefighter rather than being obsessed with fire.

The fire / purple k username was not an Instagram username.

Sierra College has a big fire science program, but I understand Bryce's major was graphic art/design.

The username just struck me in relation to the burned body. (Google 'Purple K' & you will see what I mean.) It's probably a complete coincidence. I sure hope so.

from my desktop investigation, I did a google map search to try and find the site where the SUV was found.

Thefirst shows the distance (approx) from I-5 to crash site, second photo the Y from Lake Hughes Rd left onto Main Ramp Rd, and the third is close up of the Y.

http://crazylife98.tumblr.com/post/60387382919

In that third you can see a cell tower site on Lake Hughes Rd, I believe that is where the SUV was driven off of and then landed on Main Ramp Rd, it is the only place on Lake Hughes Rd you could get a car off the road without driving over a embankment or through a gaurdrail.

I tried to get similar pics and looked at the same exact spot. I am not certain and didn't ask Mike exactly where the crash was but know the car went down about a 15' drop and landed on the passenger side. There was definately a gate and cell tower by the accident site

dragracerz - are you getting verified as a family member? I'd hate to see any of your posts doing a disappearing act while we're all so concerned about Bryce.

I'm very interested in the car that was seen to have been following shortly after his car.

How do I get verified as a family member ?

If this is right it would he a long hike to the waters edge as stated in news articles that K-9 unit said happened.

Hey Kevs
I was told the water was maybe 100' from where the vehicle landed

Second set of google map pics is of where the burning body was found. Shows the distance from I-5 and the site that I believe to be where it was found.

http://crazylife98.tumblr.com/post/60388479761

Seems like an odd place to put a body. It's like the person wanted them to be found (especially by setting it on fire).

Can anyone see what the sign on gate says? It is some sort of restricted area. Where does that road go? It looks like it goes almost to the water's edge but it seems to fade to nothing.

Seems like an odd place to put a body. It's like the person wanted them to be found (especially by setting it on fire).

Can anyone see what the sign on gate says? It is some sort of restricted area. Where does that road go? It looks like it goes almost to the water's edge but it seems to fade to nothing.

it's an access road for fire fighters and others officials

I know his Dad says that where they found the car is "quite far" from the 5 where Bryce was driving. In reality, it's not more than a couple of miles (I don't know exactly where the car was found, but the lake is right off the 5). However, I think what his Dad was getting at was that if he was indeed just pulling off the fwy to sleep like he told them, there are many places to do that right off the fwy in Castaic. There would be no reason to go driving around a remote area of the lake at that hour just to find a place to park and get some shut-eye before making that last 1.5 hours of driving to get home to Laguna Niguel. That is how I interpreted his Dad's remarks anyway.
Exactly, there are lots of motels in Castaic right off I5, and plenty of other small towns and truck stops between Buttonwillow and Castaic and Castaic and Laguna Niguel. For example, Gorman, Lebec, Frazier Park, Stevenson Ranch. I grew up about 20 min. from Castaic and drive to L.A. through the Grapevine at least 2-3x/year.

Hey Kevs
I was told the water was maybe 100' from where the vehicle landed

I heard somewhere the SUV went down 15ft in height but seems to have traveled 100ft in distance before rolling onto it's side on Ramp Rd

The water was 300ft from the SUV (approx)

seems to make sense from the map

I've heard most perps do want it to be found

I've never stopped in Buttonwillow but I have driven that I-5 corridor and most of it from Northern LA County past Santa Clarita through Kern County feels unsafe or at least sketchy... meaning in none of those areas would I want to find myself stranded at night. These are very secluded, desolate, quiet and dark towns at night. I definitely wouldn't drive that stretch alone and I definitely would not stop, though I am a chicken. These are mainly transient towns like tourist stops to get gas etc. much like Mojave, Barstow, and the little towns along US-395 towards Mammoth. They are similar to some of our high desert towns -- typically country folk, blue collar, lower to middle class with higher than average drug activity (like meth).

From Google Maps it looks like Buttonwillow is mainly a trucker stop (lots of motels, fast food, gas stations, travel centers like TA etc). Incidentally, Castaic is as well, though Castaic has more regular traffic and is more of an actual town.

It's true what they say. Nothing good happens after 1am.

Bryce is hiding something. Getting evicted from a college dorm is very difficult -- more difficult than an apartment; would have to be something like excessive alcohol or drug use that was negatively affecting others, destruction of property, violence, threats of self harm or doing dangerous that put others or property at risk (like setting fires) etc but that would typically involve the police. Of course, not paying rent is an easy way to get thrown out, but Laguna Niguel is upper-middle to upper class. I wonder where the money went if it was not paying rent.
Not to insult them, but Buttonwillow often smells like cow poop. I've stayed there on more than one occasion, and there are lots of fast food restaurants there.

The underwater search for a missing Orange County teen continued Thursday at Castaic Lake, a day after a burning male body was found not far from the site where the teen’s overturned SUV had been discovered a few days before.

Searches of the area have continued since then, and on Thursday divers with the sheriff’s department returned to Castaic Lake to search for Laspisa. They were in the water for a few hours before appearing to pack up and leave.

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/09/05/search-for-missing-oc-teen-continues-at-castaic-lake/#ixzz2e3bYL32j

the second set is what I identified to be where the body was found also

what?? wonder why? article also states the body will not be examined until Friday. Why do they take so long with all of this?

And why place a security hold? I haven't heard of that before. Do they think this could be a serial killer (regardless if it's Bryce or not) or something?

Not to insult anyone from or that lives in CA, but things are getting done way to slow down there

Someone had a picture of Bryce posted and asked if the red/white Nikes were what he was wearing - YES

Plus he wears like a size 14 or 15 so very easy to spot

@ dragracerz: Bryce's current roommate said, in an article quoted below, that the roommate placed Bryce's "high tops" next to their apartment front door until Bryce returns.

Are the "high tops" and the red/white Nikes the same pair of shoes? If so, Bryce couldn't have taken them along on his road trip.

Roommate Hoping for the Best after Sierra College Student Goes Missing
... “I think that he’s trying to find himself right now. He doesn’t want to be found,” [SD, BL's roommate] said. ...

... This is a text message, the last one [SD] got from Bryce that night.
“I love you bro, seriously. You are the best person I’ve ever met. You saved my soul.” ...

... “[I’m] not worried because I know that though he may be having some issues right now, [but] I can’t see him doing that to himself,” [SD] said. “I just have hope that that’s not him.”

That’s why [SD] left Bryce’s high tops next to their front door. ...

“He left it, like he was, he only grabbing the essentials. He left everything else, like he still has most of his clothes here. His T.V. here … He told us he would come back on Labor Day.” ...

http://fox40.com/2013/09/04/roommate-hoping-for-the-best-after-sierra-college-student-goes-missing/

BBM: Is this the photo/are these these the Nikes? If so, yes - those are very distinctive!

998792_619793918065015_1356604986_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...406791.-2207520000.1378390792.&type=3&theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman