CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing that the car rolled I would also think that at between 4:20 and 5:30 (when vehicle was found) that it was pretty dark and since the car rolled Bryce's belongings would be all over the car (cell phone, laptop, wallet etc) and ones instinct would tell you to get out of the car, so that might be why everything was left in the car - he couldn't find anything on the way out. The police found everything but they have flashlights and it was probably getting light from 5:30 on, and they weren't in a hurry to exit a vehicle that just rolled

I know from my own experience that yes first thought is to get out of the vehicle when rolled.

We are assuming that Bryce was in the car because the k-9 unit tracked his scent, right? The back window was broken out not in and with a tool that Bryce knew about.

Have they confirmed anything about the blood found inside?

Knowing that the car rolled I would also think that at between 4:20 and 5:30 (when vehicle was found) that it was pretty dark and since the car rolled Bryce's belongings would be all over the car (cell phone, laptop, wallet etc) and ones instinct would tell you to get out of the car, so that might be why everything was left in the car - he couldn't find anything on the way out. The police found everything but they have flashlights and it was probably getting light from 5:30 on, and they weren't in a hurry to exit a vehicle that just rolled

Completely agree!! When our SUV rolled, everything in the car was thrown all over the place and we were hanging upside down by our seat belts. I was calm enough to get mine unbuckled but my friend panicked so bad that I had to crawl over and help her out. It was very claustrophobic and all we wanted was to get out. She never did find her cell phone either (fortunately, we were near a house and the man was outside on the porch and saw the accident).

roommate: sometimes roommates just don't get along (re: his statement). I know my first college roommate lasted one semester before I got the heck out of there into another room assignment.

and fwiw I also got written up a few times for being loud after hours. I still have the tickets in my scrap book ;-)

:twocents:

I don't know if Bryce used emergency tool but my sister had one in the car - window might have broke in the crash

No results on blood are back yet - it was a small amount of blood

K-9s could have tracked his scent from clothes in his bag - yes we know he was in the car at one point , guessing that he was at time of crash

Agreed. I don't feel like we know enough details to rush to judgement against the roommate.

I realized that this sounded kind of harsh. I wasn't trying to call out anyone. I don't think anyone said anything unreasonable or inappropriate concerning the roommate. I just don't think we have enough info yet to draw any conclusions.

I realized that this sounded kind of harsh. I wasn't trying to call out anyone. I don't think anyone said anything unreasonable or inappropriate concerning the roommate. I just don't think we have enough info yet to draw any conclusions.

LASD Missing Persons Division is connected with their Homicide Division

I would assume if they are looking at suspects, both roommates would be at the top of their list only because of their association with Bryce not because of what they may or may not have said.
Once each was investigated and cleared, they would removed from the list.
That is just the nature of the investigation, and dosent implicate either one unless evidence was found during the investigation.

Did he just start the semester days before he called and said he needed to talk to his mom? And then start off on this road trip?

I know this is likely not the case, but my brother, who retreated from the world at about age 19, later diagnosed as schizophrenic, began in this way...left college days after semester began, never to return and has barely left the house in the twenty-plus years since. So it brings back memories. :(

Nothing makes sense unless there was someone else out there with him. If they were only able to see one person on the video it doesn't mean he wasn't followed or that someone else wasn't in the car with the seat down. It looks like an area where there is nothing out there and therefor odd for someone to be seen driving a minute behind him. I hope his family receives some news today. This is just too, too sad.

Completely agree!! When our SUV rolled, everything in the car was thrown all over the place and we were hanging upside down by our seat belts. I was calm enough to get mine unbuckled but my friend panicked so bad that I had to crawl over and help her out. It was very claustrophobic and all we wanted was to get out. She never did find her cell phone either (fortunately, we were near a house and the man was outside on the porch and saw the accident).

BBM and jumping off your post ...

@ dragracerz: Was Bryce's driver's seat belt cut? Any seat belt in the SUV cut? TIA

I don't know if Bryce used emergency tool but my sister had one in the car - window might have broke in the crash

No results on blood are back yet - it was a small amount of blood

K-9s could have tracked his scent from clothes in his bag - yes we know he was in the car at one point , guessing that he was at time of crash

I thought I read that his girlfriend was brought a bag and some used socks of his to match his scent to?

Not that it really matters where they got his scent. It has already been state that the dogs tracked his scent from the car to the lake.

Nothing makes sense unless there was someone else out there with him. If they were only able to see one person on the video it doesn't mean he wasn't followed or that someone else wasn't in the car with the seat down. It looks like an area where there is nothing out there and therefor odd for someone to be seen driving a minute behind him. I hope his family receives some news today. This is just too, too sad.

I agree. I don't know what LASD knows about the second car or if they can see who is driving Bryce's car.
There could have been someone else "hiding" in the car ??

They haven't released any information about any of the surveillance tapes yet
They have tapes from a few places

I know they also have surveillance tapes from cameras on Lake Hughes road where the burned body was found.

I noticed that Castaic Lake live webcam was down for a while a few days ago, I don't know if LASD was pulling old video from the cameras/DVRs around the lake or not

I thought I read that his girlfriend was brought a bag and some used socks of his to match his scent to?

Not that it really matters where they got his scent. It has already been state that the dogs tracked his scent from the car to the lake.

His girlfriend brought different gym shoes and socks for the second dog search

Good question over on FB page, essentially ...

@ dragracerz: Did Bryce have any camping gear with him in the SUV? Is any camping gear he owned and had in Rocklin missing from his apartment and the SUV? TIA

BBM and jumping off your post ...

@ dragracerz: Was Bryce's driver's seat belt cut? Any seat belt in the SUV cut? TIA

I don't know. Car is still impounded by LASD. The only thing(s) released to my sister was his cell phone and maybe his laptop

The cell phone showed nothing unusual

I cannot comment on the laptop

His girlfriend brought different gym shoes and socks for the second dog search

I would like to know if anything heavy is missing from the car.. like jack, etc. (we had another case.. sorry cannot recall the name.. where someone jumped into water with a weight)

I wonder if they have used SSS in the water search? (side scan sonar)

Good question over on FB page, essentially ...

@ dragracerz: Did Bryce have any camping gear with him in the SUV? Is any camping gear he owned and had in Rocklin missing from his apartment and the SUV? TIA

I don't think he owned any camping gear. No one in our family really camps.

I would like to know if anything heavy is missing from the car.. like jack, etc. (we had another case.. sorry cannot recall the name.. where someone jumped into water with a weight)

I wonder if they have used SSS in the water search? (side scan sonar)

That is a very good question. I do know that my sister had his girlfriend check his apartment for his free weights because he worked out and all of his weights were there. I think she even sent my sister a picture of the weights to set her mind at ease......well easier

That is a very good question. I do know that my sister had his girlfriend check his apartment for his free weights because he worked out and all of his weights were there. I think she even sent my sister a picture of the weights to set her mind at ease......well easier

did he have a backpack that he used for school? If so has that been accounted for?

From the timeline:

2:08 a.m. Friday - Karen Laspisa talks to her son for the last time. He tells her his GPS tells him he will arrive in Laguna Niguel in three hours and 25 minutes. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car,’”
@ dragracerz: Where exactly was the "suburban area" where Bryce told his Mom he was "going to sleep in my car"?

Where did Bryce's phone ping when he made that last call with his Mom? TIA

Yes he does seem like a normal college kid. I was thinking maybe he wanted to talk to his parents about switching schools? Maybe he wanted to move to Chico? Or move home to Laguna? Just trying to think of reasons for breaking up with his girlfriend and needing to talk to his parents...maybe she lives too far now that she is in Chico especially if he was so in love with her. Maybe she had a new Chico prospect and he was jealous? That would be an acceptable reason (IMO) to get angry where his friend might take the keys so he didn't do something stupid. I took a 12hr greyhound bus home from college one weekend because of a breakup. When you're that young, every little thing is the end of the world. I'm surprised the girlfriend hasn't said anything about the "breakup" or did I miss that?

:wagon: DogEyes! :welcome:

I am even wondering if he wanted to talk to his parents about moving back to Illinois? :waitasec:

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member