CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragracerz, your family is still in my prayers.

Good question regarding using CC for small dollar amount transaction...

was he out of cash?

sometimes I use my debit card for low dollar amounts so I can keep cash in my wallet... and avoid having to go to ATM's...Think Starbucks...:blushing:

JMO

I think his uncle said he was as a student on an allowance which probably was connected to a cc acct or atm acct

UPDATE
Still no news from coroner, however was told yesterday that we should know something today

Bryce was not on any daily medication (to answer an earlier post)

Car was (and is still being processed) starting yesterday - no news on fingerprints, blood found etc as of yet

There have been a few Bryce sightings that HAVE NOT checked out

TV interview with uncle stating that it is "most likely him" was bad reporting, he did say it but was taken out of context - I went over this before

Thanks for the update, Dragracerz...

Hope we hear good news today... :grouphug:

I went over this before but:
Bryce was on kind of an allowance, he had a debit card for purchases that was "refilled" weekly for his expenses, food etc.

The $1.71 charge was for a drink.

All charges and spending have checked out with nothing to raise any suspicions over
The charges are first pending - then completed so the dates shown on the account are not accurate - he might have made a purchase on lets say 8/15 but the account shows 8/16 because that is when it was completed

For ME, it is VERY rare that I have cash on me, same with my husband. He'll use his debit card for a 0.99 coffee!

So this doesn't seem out of the ordinary, at least to me.

Yes, that's why it's important to know BL's habits.

Was making purchases for low dollar amounts typical for BL? If not, that $1.71 CC/DC purchase *could* be a red flag.

If someone were looking at my credit card records, they would see that making a low dollar purchase for a $1.71 item has never happened and so it would be extremely atypical for my habits.

There was / is a discrepancy about the emergency tool. The sheriff first on the scene said it was used. Another said it wasn't

<modsnip> it would be quite difficult to accidently drive off the road where the car was crashed.
He said, you would have to maneuver around the gate then turn to miss the fence around the cell tower.
Now this could mean that Bryce thought he had driven too far down that road and used this to try and turn around and with it being so dark didn't see the edge and then rolled the car
OR
it could mean that someone, intentionally drove around to purposely dump the car.
One strange thing that was observed was that in the tire marks, there were mounds of dirt behind point of travel as to indicate acceleration NOT braking.
Now, again, this could be a last minute effort to "save" the vehicle from going over OR one to dump it

Yes, that's why it's important to know BL's habits.

Was making purchases for low dollar amounts typical for BL? If not, that $1.71 CC/DC purchase *could* be a red flag.

If someone were looking at my credit card records, they would see that making a low dollar purchase for a $1.71 item has never happened and so it would be extremely atypical for my habits.

No, that was perfectly normal

I know there were charges ($ amounts not exact) earlier - before this all started like:

$2.96 Taco Bell
$6.13 Marathon - grocery
etc
Most purchases, including a lot of low cost ones went on the card

I went over this before but:
Bryce was on kind of an allowance, he had a debit card for purchases that was "refilled" weekly for his expenses, food etc.

The $1.71 charge was for a drink.

All charges and spending have checked out with nothing to raise any suspicions over
The charges are first pending - then completed so the dates shown on the account are not accurate - he might have made a purchase on lets say 8/15 but the account shows 8/16 because that is when it was completed

Was there a reason (?due to overspending/punishment/controlling/?) why the debit card was refilled "weekly" rather than, say, monthly? TIA

Was there a reason (?due to overspending/punishment/controlling/?) why the debit card was refilled "weekly" rather than, say, monthly? TIA

No, just to keep spending in check.

I know when I was 19, money burned a hole in my pocket lol

There was / is a discrepancy about the emergency tool. The sheriff first on the scene said it was used. Another said it wasn't

<modsnip> it would be quite difficult to accidently drive off the road where the car was crashed.
He said, you would have to maneuver around the gate then turn to miss the fence around the cell tower.
Now this could mean that Bryce thought he had driven too far down that road and used this to try and turn around and with it being so dark didn't see the edge and then rolled the car
OR
it could mean that someone, intentionally drove around to purposely dump the car.
One strange thing that was observed was that in the tire marks, there were mounds of dirt behind point of travel as to indicate acceleration NOT braking.
Now, again, this could be a last minute effort to "save" the vehicle from going over OR one to dump it

Or, accidental stepping on the accelerator instead of the break pedal by a very tired young man?

Again, I want to thank all of you for being here. Especially those who are spending time looking at maps, satellite images, etc .
I think all the scenerios, speculations etc help trying to make sense out of all of this.

There have been numerous questions that have raised good points allowing the family to add ways to help finding bryce

was wondering, is anyone searching the town? I did a little google drive and there are lots of empty spaces, alleys and so on. I wish I was there, I would tear that town apart.

There were small groups from the FB page doing volunteer searches as well as posting missing posters.

Subway was one establishment that refused to put up posters ( a few stores) but after I contacted Doctors Associates (Subway home base) I was contacted by independent store owners saying they received a mass email from DA requesting they allow it.

They now have posters up.

There were small groups from the FB page doing volunteer searches as well as posting missing posters.

Subway was one establishment that refused to put up posters ( a few stores) but after I contacted Doctors Associates (Subway home base) I was contacted by independent store owners saying they received a mass email from DA requesting they allow it.

They now have posters up.

good to hear, but why would they refuse in the first place?

good to hear, but why would they refuse in the first place?

I don't know.

I could see if someone wanted to post a "car for sale" or something like that but cmon.... a missing poster

From zooming in and looking at the following photos #2 and #3
[thumbnails below, see link for larger images] ...

#2 . . . . . #3

It looks to me as though there is a burned section to the left of the dirt road
and just left of the yellow armed gate with a sign on it.

The tent, where the recovered body was located, appears to be just
to the right of the yellow armed gate.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/artic...-searched-for-student-4788536.php#media-86630

#2 . . . . . #3

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/artic...-searched-for-student-4788536.php#media-86630

Could be how the picture was taken - front or back ? Am I missing something here ?

#2 . . . . . #3

If your on Lake Hughes Rd and facing that site, the body was on the left before the yellow gate. Check pic on this link

http://crazylife98.tumblr.com/post/60388479761

Would small towns say between CA and IL be made aware of a missing person? What would happen if he showed up and some small medical center in the middle of nowhere? Would it take them this long to put it all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman