CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would small towns say between CA and IL be made aware of a missing person? What would happen if he showed up and some small medical center in the middle of nowhere? Would it take them this long to put it all together?

He is on the nationwide missing persons list that medical facilities check if they have a John Doe

But if he knows his name and can make payment would this be checked ?
At least a charge would pop up and my sister would be notified

LE is still searching Castaic Lake and area

Last Friday, BL went off the radar. Sat, Sun & Mon were a holiday weekend.
On the lake, there must have been a lot of boaters/fishermen/water-skiers (if allowed) .

Any reports of boaters seeing a red haired young man all by himself on the shore
or swimming between the general area of the SUV crash and the shoreline
directly below the recovered body site?

Is swimming/water-skiing allowed in Lake Castaic?

With BL's fair skin, if he were there by the lake for even a few hours in full sun,
I can only imagine how quickly he would sunburn without full clothing/hat coverage and sunscreen.
Yes, at least it used to be- I went waterskiing there when I was in high school with my neighbors.

He is on the nationwide missing persons list that medical facilities check if they have a John Doe

But if he knows his name and can make payment would this be checked ?
At least a charge would pop up and my sister would be notified

Just thinking out loud here. What if he is unconscious? His wallet is not on him right? Couldn't make payment then, but still I would think he could show up in this manner. Maybe he is still traveling, maybe in circles or something and nobody he has contact with is figured it out.

I hope he shows up in IL or some place.

Would small towns say between CA and IL be made aware of a missing person? What would happen if he showed up and some small medical center in the middle of nowhere? Would it take them this long to put it all together?
Actually, they might. There is a long-missing girl from my area (in my siggy) and I'm in a small town in the Bay Area. I was watching Dateline or another such type show on another unrelated victim in Alabama, and behind the LE they were interviewing was this girl's missing poster on the wall. I'm sure it was her, I know the photo so well I recognized it!!! (If I didn't word it well- the point is the word on my girl had spread from N. CA to Alabama!!!)

Were there any suspicious tire marks at the body recovery site?

Signs of a car having peeled out of there? TIA

Where there any suspicious tire marks at the body recovery site?

Signs of a car having peeled out of there? TIA

They aren't releasing any of that info - but there are a different team of investigators on that case working with the ones on Bryce's case.
As of right now, they still have no reason to believe they're connected.

I was confused as to why both lanes of Lake Hughes road were open after the discovery, because in Illinois, when there is any type of fatality, under any circumstances, the lane closest to the body IF NOT both lanes would have been shut down until they had all the evidence from the crime scene

Dragracerz, so sorry your family is going through this.

Do you know why it was reported that Bryce was going to break up with his girlfriend, but she gives no indication that was the case?

IDK if it has anything to do with anything, but just something several of us here noticed.

I was confused as to why both lanes of Lake Hughes road were open after the discovery, because in Illinois, when there is any type of fatality, under any circumstances, the lane closest to the body IF NOT both lanes would have been shut down until they had all the evidence from the crime scene
That struck me as weird too, especially if it wasn't that heavily traveled then, but I assumed it was because the body was far enough back from the road.

Dragracerz, so sorry your family is going through this.

Do you know why it was reported that Bryce was going to break up with his girlfriend, but she gives no indication that was the case?

IDK if it has anything to do with anything, but just something several of us here noticed.

First of all, thanks for your thought.

To try to answer your question, that what my sister was told by friends, and she even put it in the timeline

10 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce reportedly tries to break up with his girlfriend. Friends, concerned about his behavior, take away his car keys.

It was later found out that that was not what happened. It seems like certain things "stick out" and people remember those things.
That's why I want to make sure the things I am posting are facts, otherwise things can be misconstrued and only hinder the investigation

To try to answer your question, that what my sister was told by friends, and she even put it in the timeline

10 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce reportedly tries to break up with his girlfriend. Friends, concerned about his behavior, take away his car keys.

It was later found out that that was not what happened. It seems like certain things "stick out" and people remember those things.
That's why I want to make sure the things I am posting are facts, otherwise things can be misconstrued and only hinder the investigation
Understood. Thanks for answering my question.

As a fellow road tripper I have been looking at the route Bryce would have taken to the point where his SUV was found. There only seems to be one exit of of I-5, which dumps you onto The Old Road(yes they name it that), from there to Lake Hughes Rd. Using google maps I followed LHR up towards the lake. I am only at Castaic Lagoon and have seen two parks and a couple of shoulders big enough to pull off on. What I am getting at is, if it was me looking for a spot to park and sleep, there would be several place I would be within a mile of I-5. I am just wondering how he got so far up the LHR.

Exactly correct. I have roadtripped much of Bryce's route through Buttonwillow & Castaic many times myself. What you point out is something I have mentioned as well. I can see him driving out past the shopping area looking for a dark place, not not going as far as where the car was found. I kind of don't think Bryce would have been behind the wheel at the 4:20 sighting. Doesn't add up.
<modsnip>
Again, I want to thank all of you for being here. Especially those who are spending time looking at maps, satellite images, etc .
I think all the scenerios, speculations etc help trying to make sense out of all of this.

There have been numerous questions that have raised good points allowing the family to add ways to help finding bryce

I'm glad to know our efforts have helped in any small way. Thank you so much for being here & helping us separate fact from fiction to better focus our efforts. Continuing to pray for your family. The emotions must be overwhelming after the amount of time that has passed.

From zooming in and looking at the following photos #2 and #3
[thumbnails below, see link for larger images] ...

#2 . . . . . #3

It looks to me as though there is a burned section to the left of the dirt road
and just left of the yellow armed gate with a sign on it.

The tent, where the recovered body was located, appears to be just
to the right of the yellow armed gate.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/artic...-searched-for-student-4788536.php#media-86630

I see what you are saying. I am thinking LE possibly set up a 2nd tent to the right after the initial media footage where they possibly located other evidence they were processing. They certainly need shade in that heat working in one spot for any period of tiem.

I think the part about breaking up with the gf has stuck with a lot of people. On the surface, it seemed he had told his mom he was going to break up with her & drive home to talk about stuff. (Seems out of place on only the 3rd day of the semester.) Then the friends taking the keys & all the time in Buttonwillow sound like he may have been despondent over whatever caused him to say he was going to break up with her (whether he did it or not). And I think this is what prompted all the suicide speculation. I hope someone has been able to talk to those friends in depth to find out more of what may have been on his mind.

Good afternoon dragracerz and everyone else on here. I'm from L.A. - the Valley and am very interested in this case but live in Nashville now on Central time. I've been following it all week and am glad to just now log on to be able to ask you all a question. What are your thoughts on Bryce's girlfriend's demeanor. I TOTALLY understand that not all people are alike but she appeared VERY non-emotional about it all. When Bryce's roomate Sean was interviewed he was very emotional about the situation. I'm wondering if his girlfriend might know something she is not telling. Your thoughts? Thank you kindly. And I mean no disrespect to her. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman